Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (34906 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Terrence99: 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
24brains:
thats call youthful exuberance. He will grow above it
At 24? Na una dey spoil pikin.
That boy will get killed in a short while if he continues like that.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by jadyclem(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
Now he has extended it by going out to steal from neighbors and people.
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.
Pls Advice me on what to do.

You can never change anyone that hasn't seen the need for change. Infact, the more you try to make them change, the more they would resent you and do those things you advise them against doing. Look, your 24yr old brother is already an adult and if at 24 he can't advise himself and decide what he really wants to do with his life, there's nothing you or anyone else can do to help him.

One more thing, you guys should stop bailing him out from the consequences of his misbehaviour. The sooner you guys start allowing him to suffer squarely the consequences of his bad behaviour, the better for all of you. He's already given your family a bad name, so allowing him suffer for his wrong doing won't make any difference to the bad name he's already given you guys.

5 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.
Who keeps bailing him out? That person is the one who you should be telling this story to so he/she gets a clue. undecided

What happened to "You do the crime, you serve the time"? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by unmask: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
he is doing drugs
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Terrence99: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
Jerryherd:
Go and report him at the closest military barracks or installation ask to speak to their quarter guards and explain all this and how your father's death caused a disciplinary vaccum in his life... They would arrange to have your brother picked up and drilled so badly that when ever he attempts to steal he is hunted by a bad mental torture.. after this drilling exercise arrange hospital care, and pastor counseling with family

Best advice yet.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
Victerica:
The issue is psychological. He needs a cognitive psychotherapist.
Cognitive psychotherapy? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by SeriouslySense(m): 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
I think how children are brought up, early in Life can help them deal with peer pressure, wayward ideas, that seem appealing but are harmful.

Bring up a Child, in such a way that his early life is full of wisdom, good games, self-expression in arts, morality as shown in religious books or stories, and a healthy family, that loves and encourages each other. This will help the child have self-worth, and sufficient wisdom, with the social skills to navigate the terrain of the world.

In fact, in early childhood, the influences of maternal and paternal care, the social settings, and the quality of relationships, helps that child as he or she grows up, in a Junlge.

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GboyegaD(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

He can't be handled by anyone again I swear.
We have try every best both mom and siblings, he has choose to be useless.

Don't give up. Find some people in the area to threaten to give him some shi shi forever to reset him when next he acts stupid and follow through. Just call an area bros or uncle he respects.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
but if he is been arrested and jailed won't it affect the family image
You mean say wetin him dey already
do never damage family image enough , na to serve the punishment for his crimes go affect family image pass? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Swealy: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
Probably he likes the attention his getting maybe una try give am space and see how he reacts, if he does worse then it's definitely attention probably he feels inferior but if not prepare for the worst
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by fof1: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

He is on Drugs... so he steals to feed his Quest. Two things to help U...Get help from a Genuine Chosen Pastor or Assembly near You. Secondly...report him to NDLEA for Rehabilitation.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Coolgent(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
Forget the family imagefor now cos your brother has already spoilt it, take good care of your Mother and move on with yoir life
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Coolgent(m): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
Forget the family image for now cos your brother has already spoilt it by stealing in your neighborhood. take good care of your Mother and move on with your life
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
paulolee:
he needs serious counselling n a strong hand
At 24? Which kain counseling that one go be for a 24-year old adult , "how to be a responsible human being "? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
edoman2016:
maybe he is broke since he has no job. Has your family try giving him monthly stipend? That could work.
So, when people are broke, they turn to a lascivious lifestyle? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by witworth(m): 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
But you are doing almost the same thing too, life itself na risky gamble and everybody na thief. Na only cheating some people no dey do, afterall nobody is 100% honest.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by diedwithnipsey(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Is he a member of the Vikings confraternity?? That is the most notorious unrepentant criminals I know. "loot but don't be caught" as they cap shakespearian jargons wey dey mislead our 14 15 n 16 yr old. Uhuru
passionguy:
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Jorge91: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
Prayers or advice cannot solve anything, Na man Dey decide. He should be locked up for a longtime for his crimes.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Cornerwealth: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

I feel for you bro and it's quite sad the advise some are giving here which is really bad and evil. Some people are pure psychopaths on this forum, and i feel ashamed some are telling you to even kill him, harm him, set him up or just forget about him. Shame on you if you advised him to do any of that, you are even worse than his brother.

Have you located him now? The first thing is to find him and take him somewhere far from the vicinity. I can pm you and i'll let someone talk to your Mom, someone who has been in the same shoes before and you'll be surprised how easy it will be for your brother to change his life.

Don't listen to evil people and don't be perturbed by people who say prayers don't work. I'll be here waiting to hear from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

You mean staying in the police custody
He ought to experience first hand the penalty for his actions and in full. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
Mercychen:
Prayers. Your mum should pray for him.
Then for practical solutions, send him out of that area. Prolly to a family member that is very strict and tough to handle him well. I'm sure you have someone like that in your family.

Why did you have to wait this long to seek solution though? It be would have been much easier to correct him when he was younger.
And if he goes to continue the same life style over there, then what? undecided

He is a 24-year old man, not a child or a teenager that sending him to to strict and tough family member would make a dent in his behavior. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
Don’t bail him next time. Tell him there is no money for bail, let him spend sometime there so he can really understand his actions.

passionguy:
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Idaytesj29(m): 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

Pls what did u think I can do now because his on watch now and on the run.

Your family may have to move on. You guys refused to take the hardline with him when he started showing little signs of these bad behavior. He is on the road that they don't usually return, until he meets his end he is not likely to stop. Watch out for when he becomes a strong crime lord locally which will mark the begining of his end.

Sorry, I may be too blunt.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

Pls what did u think I can do now because his on watch now and on the run.
A 24-yr old man is on the run, so what do you think you can do? undecided

It is too late to do anything. Let the pieces fall where they may. He laid his bed, it is time for you to let him lie in it. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
kingthreat:
Sad the thing is that even if he goes to prison, he will come out worse.
The decision has always been his. The family enabling him avoid punishment didn't help at all. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by SeriouslySense(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
To help your brother, you need something practical, maybe if there was a place where he can meet people who were like him before and have recovered, who can talk to him, it may help.

Another way you can help him practically help is to talk with him, ask him whats going on, why he is doing what he does if he can be honest, then there is a possibility, that you can understand to some extent what is going on inside his thoughts, this will help in forming an appropriate response, Don't apply any solution without finding out what is going on, inside his head.

You have to work with him to some extent, understanding will help in forming a suitable response, without understanding his thinking, you are mostly going to hit the rock

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Victerica(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Cognitive psychotherapy? undecided

U have a problem with that?
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
kingthreat:

Can all your family members unite and help his soul. If he doesn't want to go to school, gather money for him to travel to a country like Turkey to hustle. Or gather money for him to get a shop selling something. After that, he's on his own.
Doesn't turkey have stricter laws for crimes than Nigeria? You send him there and he might end up spending the rest of his life sitting in a jail somewhere. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by vickin407(m): 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

I went through this phase but later came out of it myself, stole from parents,neigbour ,shops whenever i go to buy things, gambled alot too but all of a sudden i became a responsible person and now the breadwinner of my family living the life i want to outside the country. for your information my parents did all praying, slept in church for deliverance but i was still having that urge to take from people. just keep praying for him thats all and he comes out of it a better person.

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And if he goes to continue the same life style over there, then what? undecided

He is a 24-year old man, not a child or a teenager that sending him to to strict and tough family member would make a dent in his behavior. undecided

My brother the thing tire me.

Maybe someone who's a soldier in the family would do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby / Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.