Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,409 members, 7,800,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (34882 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by adecz: 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
⏩ At 24 years, it's too late.❌❌❌

▶️ Na una mama spoil am. ☹️☹️☹️
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by dewiseacre(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Unfortunately, you want to address the outcome, not the cause...and that's the same route most people here will advise you to ply.

The onus is on you, if you really care for this brother of yours, to trace the root cause - not because you're looking for who to blame, but because your solution will come from there, not Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by gezzyking: 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
Not just your brother, it everywhere I know many guys who do same.. sport betting has ruin their lives.. it a psychological thing, when he wakes up in the morning the first thing that comes to his mind is gambling( he feels if he doesn’t play today, he might miss he miracles becoming a millionaire ) it goes on and on.. unknowingly to this kind of people they become addicts thereby chasing looses, Which result to stealing and doing all manner of bad things just to have money to gamble.

To cut the story short. These are things your family can do for him to make stop or reduce the habit. It worked for someone I know in school then.
1).get him an adviser( that will make him understand that the moment he decides to stop gambling he becomes a freeman).

2) he must be watch closely. ( his movement)

3) expose him to a new environment where he can see his mates doing fine.

4). Encourage him to pray first thing in the morning and promise God he will not gamble today( if possible pray with him).

5) test him with little funds to hold for you for a period of time (I.e if the is willing to stop).

N.B, No gambler is happy about their situation, they regret all the time. They wish they never started it.

Finally, only him can decide to stop it, if he is willing to.

It a psychological thing just like people who take crack or masturbate.. if they haven’t done it, they feel restless.

May God help him. Peace
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Bunmhi(f): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
Leave him and let the street fix him up

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by gezzyking: 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
Bunmhi:
Leave him and let the street fix him up

When you give people advice, ask yourself if I’m the one in this person’s shoe will I take this my advice..

If you don’t have something reasonable to say, keep your fingers off your keyboard.

Allow the street fix your relative.. what nonsense.

Do to people what you like others to do to you.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by princewarri1985: 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Your brother is already a lost soul and nothing can be done again unless God intervain, i grew up in warri here with alot of his kind and about 90 percent of them are no more, they are dead, trust me if una like make una leave am for police custody for 6 months when them arrest am again trust me he will become more hardened and worst when he comes out, if una like make una use 50 area men take gather am beat, trust me he will become more fearless hardened and, he will soon be going for major robbery with guns soon and he is 95 percent there and thats when he will be killed. The way it is now only God can help change him

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
There's a place in Kaduna, Illorin called BOSTAL home. A division of Nigerian Prisons. They deal with cases like this. But I think its for teenage boys am not sure if a 24year old can be dragged into the system.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Patrick4891(m): 11:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
Now he has extended it by going out to steal from neighbors and people.
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.
Pls Advice me on what to do.

The boy needs serious and urgent help,inbox me as I share my opinion with you.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Eberex(m): 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
If we do a very deep research on him, it's 70% peer group, bad influence from friends. Did he attend boarding school? How was his upbringing like? Most of his actions didn't just sprung up, they are all accumulated bad characters
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by iamtardey: 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
I need someone who can accommodate 2 for the time being in around agidingbi please.... Very urgent please
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by ogbuefi677(m): 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
kereman1:

I've seen something similar. A neighbor of mine did this to his single mum. He sold all the valuable properties in the house.
He extorted his mum, asked for he to settle him of 500k for him to start up a business, money he ended up squandering with is irresponsible friends.
The one he did that cracked the camel's back was when he locked up his mum with his younger siblings indoor for 3days for not giving him 700k to process visa.

Boys gather this boy, beat am like thief, it was letter discovered that he was been influence by his cult members because he was newly recruited.

Check well ur brother might be a cultist, or there is something else that propels him, maybe a girl.

Ur brother need beating from snr men, less he gets outta control.

My neighbor was also 24 when, he exhibited that character.
Gambling addiction is worse than cult and Nigerian girl grin
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by TheWolfen(m): 11:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Honestly speaking these are the monsters the men u termed "Senior men" created in the first place through their activities

kereman1:

I've seen something similar. A neighbor of mine did this to his single mum. He sold all the valuable properties in the house.
He extorted his mum, asked for he to settle him of 500k for him to start up a business, money he ended up squandering with is irresponsible friends.
The one he did that cracked the camel's back was when he locked up his mum with his younger siblings indoor for 3days for not giving him 700k to process visa.

Boys gather this boy, beat am like thief, it was letter discovered that he was been influence by his cult members because he was newly recruited.

Check well ur brother might be a cultist, or there is something else that propels him, maybe a girl.

Ur brother need beating from snr men, less he gets outta control.

My neighbor was also 24 when, he exhibited that character.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by N2B2: 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
dewiseacre:
Unfortunately, you want to address the outcome, not the cause...and that's the same route most people here will advise you to ply.

The onus is on you, if you really care for this brother of yours, to trace the root cause - not because you're looking for who to blame, but because your solution will come from there, not Nairaland!

Do you think they haven't tried? One would need to be completely fed-up to bring such a matter to Nairaland, in my opinion.

I'm unfortunate to have a 34-year-old "close one" in a similar situation. If it's advice, he has been given; if it's money, he has been given (plenty); and if it's prayers, counseling, and second chances, he has been getting that on a daily since this wayward behavior started 18 years ago. But today, he's broke, addicted to alcohol & ciggies, and blames everyone but himself for everything.

My suggestion to the OP is to stand together as a family & reject the boy's cravings. Do only the barest minimum for him and leave him to leave his life as he wants it. For example, don't give him money, but make sure there's food for him to eat at home.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Hassanmaye(m): 12:00am On Sep 04, 2021
iamadonis22:

Let everyone turn a blind eye and make peace with his imminent death.

Make nobody send am and y’all make it obvious... e go learn. He’s acting this way because he feels there’s a loving family waiting to bail him out of any mess
True
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by FORWARDEVERLY: 12:01am On Sep 04, 2021
Mercychen:

As e don pass their power na to pray now.

That's the problem of our parents today. From childhood, they'll pamper a child to spoil. When he's now grown and can no longer be controlled, they begin to cry foul.

That character must have started from when he was small but the " leave am na small pikin" excuse never let them allow people to caution him.

There's one like that now in my area.about the same age. This one grew up in my presence. The mother really spoilt him. As in you can't touch him, she'll come for your head.you can't even correct him.

Now, if the mother talks to him, he'll destroy everything in the house.
He doesn't do anything.
He didn't complete his secondary education. (He dropped out in js1 or 2 after changing school severally for him.)

All he does now is stroll out, stroll in, high on substance everyday.

Some parents are the cause of all these kinda things.

Nne, you dn talk am finish..
Parents are forming woke.. trying to raise children now like Oyibo.. no flogging, no spanking..
Sometimes, I dey pity the children wey I go born.. cos any misbehaving from them, I would beat them like market thieves.. I go rough them up sotey Dem go start dey suspect say I no be thier biological papa.. I swear..

People thinks that beating don't work.. well, in my world it works.. the beating wey popsy give us before em die... Na malle enjoy am cos despite say we dey primary school em die.. Dt discipline became a part of us till date..
Our first son is a lawyer and only visit police cells to serve offenders their court papers (he is actually a govt prosecutor) ..
Immiediate elder bro is a civil servant and dude doesn't know what a police station looks like since he was born..
I am of the armed forces and the few occasions I have been in the police station is under plea by people to use my influence and get them or their family member release ..

I pity who wn raise Pikin as per Oyibo style.. it would end in premium tears.. even Op brother matta.. go end for premium tears too..

I dn over yarn sef for another man matter.. Goodnight jareh .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by ogbuefi677(m): 12:01am On Sep 04, 2021
hustla:

Gambling is the main problem
You sabi book
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Bunmhi(f): 12:02am On Sep 04, 2021
gezzyking:

When you give people advice, ask yourself if I’m the one in this person’s shoe will I take this my advice..

If you don’t have something reasonable to say, keep your fingers off your keyboard.

Allow the street fix your relative.. what nonsense.

Do to people what you like others to do to you.

Peace.
Shut your trap, it's obvious his family members are tired of him
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by ogbuefi677(m): 12:07am On Sep 04, 2021
fof1:

He is on Drugs... so he steals to feed his Quest. Two things to help U...Get help from a Genuine Chosen Pastor or Assembly near You. Secondly...report him to NDLEA for Rehabilitation.
Not drugs.
Drugs are not so costly naa compared to the money he has been moving.
Problem is gambling addiction
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Sep 04, 2021
N2B2:
Do you think they haven't tried? One would need to be completely fed-up to bring such a matter to Nairaland, in my opinion.

I'm unfortunate to have a 34-year-old "close one" in a similar situation. If it's advice, he has been given; if it's money, he has been given (plenty); and if it's prayers, counseling, and second chances, he has been getting that on a daily since this wayward behavior started 18 years ago. But today, he's broke, addicted to alcohol & ciggies, and blames everyone but himself for everything.

My suggestion to the OP is to stand together as a family & reject the boy's cravings. Do only the barest minimum for him and leave him to leave his life as he wants it. For example, don't give him money, but make sure there's food for him to eat at home.
Now see someone who has really learnt from life is talking. undecided

You can't force change, no matter no matter how bad you want it, on someone else, particularly a one who is not ready for it. It will happen when and if it will happen. Til then, you can provide food, shelter, and basic needs, and let life handle the rest. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Tukor1759: 12:10am On Sep 04, 2021
Sending him outside the country may help,or out from the state, just don't let him stay in the neighbourhood
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by ogbuefi677(m): 12:10am On Sep 04, 2021
diedwithnipsey:
Is he a member of the Vikings confraternity?? That is the most notorious unrepentant criminals I know. "loot but don't be caught" as they cap shakespearian jargons wey dey mislead our 14 15 n 16 yr old. Uhuru
Vikings na complete armed robbery squad.
Their own orientation na pure thievery grin
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Csami(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2021
Keep him busy legitimately! If he still bleeps up, wash your hands off him.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Sep 04, 2021
Tukor1759:
Sending him outside the country may help,or out from the state, just don't let him stay in the neighbourhood
Na you go send am money to feed himself abroad too? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Tyre dey wait for him, let him continue.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by bizhop01: 12:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Package him and send to kirikiri correctional centre cool
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 04, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

Nne, you dn talk am finish..
Parents are forming woke.. trying to raise children now like Oyibo.. no flogging, no spanking..
Sometimes, I dey pity the children wey I go born.. cos any misbehaving from them, I would beat them like market thieves.. I go rough them up sotey Dem go start dey suspect say I no be thier biological papa.. I swear..

People thinks that beating don't work.. well, in my world it works.. the beating wey popsy give us before em die... Na malle enjoy am cos despite say we dey primary school em die.. Dt discipline became a part of us till date..
Our first son is a lawyer and only visit police cells to serve offenders their court papers (he is actually a govt prosecutor) ..
Immiediate elder bro is a civil servant and dude doesn't know what a police station looks like since he was born..
I am of the armed forces and the few occasions I have been in the police station is under plea by people to use my influence and get them or their family member release ..

I pity who wn raise Pikin as per Oyibo style.. it would end in premium tears.. even Op brother matta.. go end for premium tears too..

I dn over yarn sef for another man matter.. Goodnight jareh .

Lol.. funny but true.

Good night.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by omoadeleye(m): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

He has went through lots of counsellings
About strong hand
Who's can handle a 24 year old guy with strong hand with father.

Just take him to North and let sharia court handle his case or hand him over to the Hisbah.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by makavellidon: 1:05am On Sep 04, 2021
You need the help of that wizard in legend of the seeker he we help you 2 cast demon that is affecting your brother out
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Yaks02(m): 1:10am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

I can't predict if his cultists and I can't doubt it because he behaves strange and irresponsible.
Now his just becoming worse by stealing from other people, neighbors
He has done another one now which his be wanted by police.

I'm not sure but I guess when you all were not around, your mother had over pampered him by giving him a life she can't afford at the moment, she showed him too much love. I suggest u gather hefty male friends lock him up and deal with him but in the process do as if u don't know anything, don't let him know u had earlier planned with your friends, let him be beating mercilessly, he will regain part of his missing conscience, let him be forced to confess some things
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by koolaid87: 1:13am On Sep 04, 2021
Advice him. Its up to him to change

He ain't a minor, meaning he's old enough to understand the repercussions of his behaviours.

Advice him and let it go.

Focus on yourself
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Sep 04, 2021
makavellidon:
You need the help of that wizard in legend of the seeker he we help you 2 cast demon that is affecting your brother out
How you take know say na demon dey do am? Na you give am the demon? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If Only Parents Can Heed To This Advice!!! / After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.