Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,764 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic (41259 Views)

[BREAKING] Igboho: Yoruba Monarchs In Benin Republic Meet / Sunday Igboho: Yoruba Leaders, Elders Apologise To Ooni Of Ife / Akpabio: Nothing Must Happen To Joy Nunieh - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by boxypane(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
Benin republic buy some of their electricity from us, a PDP thug like Igboho will not know
Not be thug issue be this. We sell to make others comfortable while we suffer.
The government at all levels has failed us.
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Sibrah: 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
Benin republic buy some of their electricity from us, a PDP thug like Igboho will not know
and don't we have it even when we are willing to pay? Or do you think any sane man will generate energy at over N100 per KWH when PHCN sells for roughly half of that? You should be smarter than this.
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by isaiahethan: 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Genesiis:
You are one of the problems we have in this country. Playing foolish party politics.

Exactly �
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Angelfrost(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:

They buy electricity from you should imply that you have more than enough...

So, why would people depending on a nation for electricity enjoy better electricity than the nation in question??! Does that even sound normal to you??!
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Femijohn198: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Some youth are the major problems of Nigeria, some will still support APC comes 2023 after given them Npowerment jobs
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sibrah:
and don't we have it even when we are willing to pay? Or do you think any sane man will generate energy at over N100 per KWH when PHCN sells for roughly half of that? You should be smarter than this.

So it costs 100 naira to generate one kwh of power in Nigeria?
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by BJanta: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:

You speak like a big fool that you are.Your government sells a product you badly need and which it produces in insufficiency, to another country to enjoy in abundance, and you still applaud them.You must be totally illiterate or cursed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Sibrah: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Modrov:

So it costs 100 naira to generate one kwh of power in Nigeria?
over N100( for small diesel and petrol engine most people use).
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by RichAbujaGuy: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
"Nairaland Says No To Secessionists
by Seun.
4644 posts & 526159 view

NLers have to decide. Are you in league with Team Seun (like myself) or Team Igboho? wink
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:

It's even more of a shame that they buy electricity from us but we have woefully epileptic electricity supply while they cruise on steady electricity flexing.

Oga you for no talk at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by AKWATGOLD1(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Igboho should just stop all these nonsense statement.
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by lexy2014: 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:

so we are selling electricity to benin republic and they are enjoying stable power supply. and nigeria that is selling d electricity is still struggling to provide power. hows that an achievement?

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by francis5051: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
you are big fool are u not ashamed of saying dah.. d country buying electricity from us have more electricity dan us the supplier
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Crossroad1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
since they buy from us, shouldn't we enjoy it more than they do?
Should a filling station have more gas than nnpc depot?
You stupidity reeks to high heavens

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by SweetiliciousD: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:

Nigerian PHCN epileptic power supply fall on you. Amen
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Memberclub(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
we are financing the north also in fighting terrorism too.
it's time we have our country in order to move forward angry
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by SweetiliciousD: 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
Igboho should just stop all these nonsense statement.

Nonesence for saying the truth? You that is typing gibberish, do you have light in your neighborhood?
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by lascos912(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
uBuNiT:
Rora se, rora se, rora se o, anybody toba fe s'oore.
Sunday God don bless you, you conquered poverty and your generations will not want again. But you choose to fight for your people who are ingrates, lilly livered, and only make noise.
Igboho let me tell you, somewhere in Agege I heard your people saying you are an ordinary smuggler, you sponsor crimes, even Modakeke wants your head now and etc tc tc tc.
Igboho these people are animals dont fight for them again.

IGBOHO JUST LISTEN TO THE GUY BELLOW ME
come and see this stupid heart broken person
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by computer0810(m): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
Alaye counter me if I lie. Is Igboho not a PDP thug? All the money he's flaunting today, he made it from Ladoja and Makinde.
Who are u making ur own money from?

U r dumb, making money from politicians does not mean someone cannot speak out if ur claim is true

Can u prove that he made his money from ladoja and makinde
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by ogunsj: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
I hope after achieving your Yoruba nation, you will go a step further in signing on leaders from other nations. Certainly, not the likes of you, Dapo abiudun, Amosun, Tinubu, Arebe-rascal, fayose, etc will bring the desired change. Thank you.
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Abiboss: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
SlyDev:

Yoruba nation yes, igbo nation I don't care
Ago ni e
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by SeriouslySense(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
I agree. smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
On to the topic.

Benin does not have universal power supply .It is just as power deficient as Nigeria.

What they do is simple. Most power gets directed to the cities. The rural areas get nothing.

Nigeria on the other hand tries to give every one power and ends up satisfying no one

Below is a map of power access in Africa. Benin has less power access than Nigeria does. (Source IEA)

Infact what Igboho is saying is that only 28 % of Yoruba people will have access to power in his new country. That's the mistake many people make thinking that the capital of a country is the whole country.

Looking at the map there are better examples he could have used. Like Ghana and South Africa and even the Cameroons

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by RichAbujaGuy: 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good write up. I was wondering why his wife lived in Germany then learnt he has professional football sons there, and has another wife in Canada.

The Untold Story Of Controversial Yoruba Youth Leader Sunday Igboho

By Faruk

Chief Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, is a different person to different people. To many, he is a thug. Igboho is a traditionalist to some and a Christian to others.

Many see him as a human right activist, some call him a politician while others describe him as a businessman, for operating under the registered business name, Adeson International Business Concept Ltd.

His two wives live in two different parts of the globe – Germany and Canada – while he has three professional footballers playing in Germany as children.

On different occasions, Sunday Adeyemo had reportedly used guns to fight his enemies. This is said to be something he inherited from his grandfather.

Sunday Igboho is allegedly harbouring thugs in his Ibadan residence, using them to grab lands from their owners across the Southwest states.

Igboho went through the tutelage of Chief Lamidi Adedibu, the strongman of Ibadan politics.

He was one of his most reliable and trusted thugs.

At a point in their relationship, Adedibu began to suspect he was getting too powerful and independent.

Adedibu then invited him to a meeting and told him he should run for the chairmanship of a local government in Oyo State.

Igboho in a recent interview said he knew it was an attempt by Adedibu to bench him so he told him he was not educated, could not speak English and could therefore not be chairman of a local government.

Igboho said: “Adedibu then looked at me and barked an order ‘STAND UP!’ I stood up. ‘SIT DOWN!’ I sat down. Adedibu then said “and you claim not to be educated. Whatever is left we shall add it unto you.”

In 2006, he assisted a former governor of Oyo State, Senator Rasidi Ladoja, to miraculously leave Akure, the venue of the PDP rally when he lost the party ticket to his deputy, Chief Adebayo Aloa-Akala.

Adeyemo was born in Igboho, Oke-Ogun in Oyo State but his father relocated to Modakeke in Osun State where he grew up.

He started off as a motorcycle mechanic and then ventured into sale of automobiles, from where he started Adeson Business Concept.

He became famous after the part he played in the Modakeke/Ife war, between 1997 and 1998, where he was a defendant of the Modakeke people.

He thereafter relocated to Ibadan where he met former Oyo State governor, Lam Adesina, through a courageous step while trying to defend the rights of the people at a fuel station during fuel scarcity.

He also worked with former Governor Rasheed Ladoja and became one of his most trusted aides.

Born on October 10, 1972, Igboho, however, got it wrong in January 2021 for daring to confront and give an eviction notice to Fulani herders in Igangan, Ibarapa area of Oyo State after the killing of Dr. Aborode.

Fulani people being Nigerians, many Nigerians including Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, decried the quit notice given to the Fulani in the state. Igboho insisted that the Fulani must leave Yorubaland.

He accused the Fulani community in the area of masterminding abductions, killings and other criminal activities in the area.

The chairman of Miyyeti Allah in the state, Alhaji Ibrahim Jiji, asked the federal government to investigate and ensure Sunday Igboho faced the full wrath of the law for burning the house of the Seriki Fulani of Oyo State, Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir and other neighbours.

One of his childhood friends, Prince Adeoye Alimi, told Daily Trust: “Our family houses are not far apart. In fact, he is like an elder brother to me.

“When he was growing up at home, he would assemble us and we would follow him to play around the town.

From childhood when he was attending Community Primary School, Modeke, he cultivated the idea of leading a group of people.

“He was a comedian when he was young.

“I remember that regularly, he did things that made people laugh.

“One of them was that during the weekend, he would dress like a pregnant woman by putting a lot of clothes under his shirt.

“He would then instruct one of us to beat a drum while he danced around the town.

“Wherever people gathered to relax, he would go there to dance and make them laugh. He was a restless and lively person as a young boy.”

Adeoye, who is now living in Igboho, Oke-Ogun area of the state, said Sunday Igboho usually defended his mates whenever they had challenges with their teachers.

He noted that Sunday Igboho appeared as a ‘warrior’ whenever he visited home, with a fleet of cars and an entourage, giving money to his friends and kinsmen.

He further said; “I also remember that in those days, when pupils were sent home from school for one reason or the other, they would head to Sunday Igboho’s house instead of going to their different homes.”

“He eventually left Igboho. But he was visiting the town regularly. Whenever he comes home till date, it’s always like a carnival; everyone will know that Sunday is around because he enters the town like a king.

“Many people will pay him a visit. In turn, he will also pay visits to his friends, the town’s traditional rulers and other leaders.

“He also paid visits to leaders of all religions in the town.

“That is why it is difficult to know his religion because he identifies with all religious groups and contributes to all their activities.”

His source of ‘metaphysical’ power

When asked how his friend got the metaphysical power he claimed to possess, Adetunji said Sunday Igboho’s grandfather was known to possess some forms of power.

He, however, said Sunday could have had the power after leaving the town.

“The metaphysical power he has is beyond imagination and we don’t really know how he got it.

“Igboho town is not known for such power. I can’t say if he got the power before he left the town or from one of the places he visited after leaving the town.

“However, what I know is that his grandfather was well known to possess some powers.

“Everyone who lived in the town before his death would know of the power of Sunday’s grandfather.

“I knew the man well because we usually passed his house every day.

“He was around 95 years old at the time. From stories we heard, many people visited him to seek his blessing.

“What I also heard from elders of the town is that if he cursed anyone, it would come to pass.

“Oke Ogun is an ancient town and we have scholars in the town”, Adetunji stated.

On the allegation that Sunday Igboho amassed wealth from land grabbing, his friend said he was aware that Sunday helped those who lost their lands to land grabbers in many parts of the state.

He said, “Sunday has played big roles in the development of Igboho, oftentimes, he mediates in disputes between communities in the town.

“He helps people repossess land forcefully taken by land grabbers in Ohio, Moniya and other areas. All he needs is enough proof of ownership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Igboho

https://dailytrust.com/the-untold-story-of-controversial-yoruba-youth-leader-sunday-igboho

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by SweetiliciousD: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Which Yoruba nation

That of ewedu, gbegiri and Amala. If you add the scared leopard face(see the attached), na you sabi.

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Sirjamo: 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
francis5051:
you are big fool are u not ashamed of saying dah.. d country buying electricity from us have more electricity dan us the supplier
Go and check out the agreement between Nigeria and Ghana, Chad, Niger and Benin that's making us sell power to them despite our shortage. I have no time and will to educate daft people.

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Handsum64: 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
Who let this dog out?
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by 4four(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
believe me, Ur shame de shame me, ur country de sell electricity for them and they are having steady power and most of Ur people hardly have, is that not one of the reason that this thing called Nigeria is a fail country
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by michoim(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
When your yoruba elder Obasanjo was in power, he was reputed to have spent US$10 billion on Power, only to land Nigeria in more darkness. You Igboho was alive and well matured then, but you never agitated for Yoruba nation then. Why?
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by oazeez1991(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lol! Una sure sey na Igboho still get tym 4 dis kyn yarn wif wetin en be dey face like dis?

After God, fear Media ���
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by Idiko1: 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vabama:

Yoruba nation must happen to enjoy electricity like Benin Republic – Igboho speaks from prison

Embattled freedom fighter, Sunday Igboho has insisted on actualizing Yoruba nation.

Igboho explained that Benin Republic enjoys more stable electricity than Nigeria, hence the need to actualize Yoruba nation.

The self-acclaimed freedom fighter disclosed this in a message made public by his spokesman, Olayomi Koiki.

Koiki said Igboho believes soon Nigeria would no longer exist as Yoruba nation would be actualized.

In a statement, Koiki said: “I received a message from Chief Sunday Adeyemo, aka Igboho via his lawyer from Benin Republic, Olusegun Falola that he stands on his belief, self-determination for the Yoruba Nation, because there’s nothing like Nigeria again for him.

“He believes as a Yoruba man and the indigenous person of the land that it’s time for Yorubas to stand on their own as a Nation. .

“He said we should take a look at Benin Republic enjoying steady electricity supply. That’s what we desire in the Yoruba Nation we have been agitating for and we will get there very soon. He also reiterated that the Yoruba Nation is now; there is no going back.”

Igboho is currently locked up in Benin Republic.

He was recently arrested in Cotonou while trying to travel to Germany.

The Yoruba nation agitator fled Nigeria after he was declared wanted by the Department of State Services, DSS, following the alleged discovery of weapons in his Ibadan residence.

He, however, denied owning the weapons found in his house, stressing that they were planted there.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/02/yoruba-nation-must-happen-to-enjoy-electricity-like-benin-republic-igboho-speaks-from-prison/

For the first time in my life, a Yoruba person has true making of the shithole called Nigeria. There is no doubt disintegration of the zoo called Nigeria will spur unseen development of the nation states which rose from the heap of rubbish. I hate Nigeria.
Re: Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic by georgeakins: 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
We don't need Yoruba nation. We need true federalism instead.

Secession will not favour the Yorubas . Because there are no genuine leaders in Yoruba land again unlike the time of Awolowo.

Those parading themselves today as Yoruba leaders are too corrupt and greedy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi / Details You Did Not Know About The Ekweremadu Case By Emeka Ugwuonye / Photos :gov. Amaechi Again!!!! Wonders Shall Never Be In Short Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.