Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings (39994 Views)

Chewing Gum: I Can Break Up With A Lady Because Of This. / Man Sends N50k To Lady Because She Replied His Twitter Message / Her Uncle Refused Me To Marry Her After Our Pre-wedding Photos Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by phorget(m): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

He probably doesn’t love for real.

Which kain yeye love be that?
Nah who una go kill una dey find upandan.

9 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by omooba969(m): 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Poanan:

I hope you day this same thing when a lady refuses to marry a man cos she feels the man is below her level.

Na today ?? grin

Only a man can marry a woman with no job, below his level and no valuable properties to her name.... grin

ONLY A MAN ! wink

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by FunnyDude(m): 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, any sane lady should japa when she sees this setup.

SHUT UP. JAPA INDEED

4 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by emmanuelbrown26: 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
posty56:
Chai I wish I fit see that man, I for sell some of my stock market shares buy am drink!!, finally men are waking up relationship is not a poverty elevating scheme I can't date someone that is broke or below my financial level the man na original redipiller kudos, as for the lady you better go fine work ooh! na 21st century we dey the idea of men being the only one providing is stale.
Few are wising up, majority still dey simps

3 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Beface(m): 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

What is love then? The only true love you can find in Nigeria is the love from your Mother, any other one na scam. The real world in the family is responsibility not love.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Sterope(f): 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
I can't fault the guy

8 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by omooba969(m): 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mercychen:

He should have even waited to know if that would happen. He just concluded and left. That's not nice.

His life though.

The man is wise. grin

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by princewarri1985: 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Your Uncle is a wise man! Because prevention better pass cure! Because there is this guy in my street who live in a 3 bedroom apartment married with a son but 4 of the wife siblings stays in the house full time and the man is shouldering all the expenses and a mutual friend once told me that the man is not happy about the situation because it's drainging him financially

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Freezby2020: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Will you quit this platform. Love kee u there.

I hv never seen or meet you, but I bet, you will not take an obvious responsibility if you have another options.
You this hypocrite!!!

Citygal:

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by adioolayi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

What kind of agreement Are they Americans If they are Africans... some things won't work out.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Vinnie2000(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, any sane lady should japa when she sees this setup.

Lolss, this Aunty ehn..

Only one Guy come Get all diz plenty Responsibility?

You as the Lady should be There for him and Assist him nah.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Prime1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

who love help.
who do you think will shoulder it all at the end of the day since they are low income earners. it is better to avoid trouble sometimes.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Antoeni(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
A very Wise uncle
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by angelfallz(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
I wonder where we get this impression that, once married, a man becomes responsible for his wife's siblings and family.

5 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by kenodrill: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Uncle wey wise!!!
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by ibechris(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
I have a friend in Abuja here that is really suffering just of this kind of situation.

He married this lady and all of sudden,the lady brought her three sisters and one of her brothers to his house till this day.
In fact,he is more distressed and worried like never before. He confided in me and he told me how the cost of running the house has made him empty and that he could no longer do what his mates are doing financially. He also explain to me how his wife used scissor to design all his clothes all because he asked one of them who had been very stubborn to him to leave his house,and his wife refused to call the said girl to order and that the fracas that ensued led his wife to burn some of his clothes, and that,this has happened on two occasions which has further rendered him helpless due to his good intentions.

My advice to young men intending to marry.
Pls,no matter how sweet the love may sound,avoid this kind of embarrassment. Marriage is sweet when there are no impediments such as the one I just painted above. His conclusion is that he was going to build his personal house without the wife,the day he is going to pack out,then he will instruct the wife to choose between her siblings and her immediate family.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Johnholmes: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
I support d guy totally in this regard . He may love her but is not ready to commit to her cause of d girl's "issues".

People often get it wrong with marriage .
Marriage is not only about love . In fact, what can sustain a marriage is commitment ,which is an active decision to support ur partner thru thick or thin . Love is just a passive emotional feeling.
In other words ,what I am saying is commitment is more important than love when it comes to d issue of marriage

Commitment + love = sustainable marriage

Commitment without love can also lead to a sustainable marriage

Love alone can't sustain a marriage

3 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by kwaso2: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

This must be coming from a baby

5 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by BinamRex: 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
This is the opposite of what I'd do. I wouldn't ditch a lady because she is from a poor family and she has too many siblings. My business would always need an extra hand. I'll employ them in my businesses but they wont deal with money, just work work work work.

I won't give them free money. They must learn that there is dignity in labour.

8 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by michael1508: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Fiscus105:
There group of people that compulsory to shoulder their responsibilities

Ur kids
Ur wife
Ur parents (even parents its shared among children if u re not only child)

Any other one, do ur best and focus on ur own cross, including ur own blood brother and sisters.
Yourself should be number 1 on that list
You owe yourself a whole lot,make responsibility no kill man pikin

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by ibechris(m): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
BinamRex:
This is the opposite of what I'd do. I wouldn't ditch a lady because she is from a poor family and she has too many siblings. My business would always need an extra hand. I'll employ them in my businesses but they wont deal with money, just work work work work.

I won't give them free money. They must learn that there is dignity in labour.

Wait till u marry then.
Experience is the greatest teacher.

3 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by omooba969(m): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
TWLifestyle:
why do you people delude yourselves like this ? Majority of Nigerian families are two income households - but you people keep perpetuating this ridiculous lie that only men fend for the household
Did your mother not contribute anything in the household when you were growing up? You ppl can tell disgusting lies sha.

Do you actually want to compare our selfless mothers to the girls of nowadays?

Think about it

8 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Prime1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yves4real:
That may be one of the "don't" in his pre-marriage checklist. His choice and I respect it. But the separation should be on a mutual agreement.
Imagine dude looking for a job in the nearest future and one of the lady's siblings is the CEO of the company. Everyone that applauded the man for his decision now will come out to preach forgiveness.
Future events could come as a surprise no matter how much you prepare for it.
In general, be careful of the way you slam/walk out of the door opened for you by others because you may need to pass through that door tomorrow.

lol...what if the gender is reversed. can you still say this?
Afterall, guys are now learning from ladies/women.
just accept it as it is.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

Na small small e go dey start !
Like Darling borrow me small money I wan complete my little brothers school fees !
# Darling my little sister dey hospital
# Darling I need to visit my siblings to settle a case they have with the landlord . etc etc grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by kudinkarfe: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Men are supporting Uncle while girls are opposing, life is good. To me both side are right. Uncle dodge bullet by not marrying hanty with many siblings according to men. Girls love themselves that's why they are not happy with uncles decision.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
pansophist:
For me, it is not about material (financial) brokenness but the mental one. Poor people have a predatory mindset developed over a sustained period of scarcity. Any sign of abundance (e.g, rich boyfriend) is seen as a fleeting resource to exploit, ransack and parasite from. Their personal responsibility will be projected to the other party and made to feel guilty if he refuses to accept such conditions in a relationship. Their family problem becomes yours to carry with pressure coming from different angles like sharp bullet forcing you to comply.

Poor people usually do not understand the concept of a mutual relationship, its all about what they will benefit only. Ultimately, the difference between the rich and the poor is their mindset. A rich person going for a broke woman is like throwing foods to hungry fish, you will be devoured. While the smart one realizes to leave poor people alone and let them date each other, seems they understand themselves better. Different mindset.
one bottle of beer for your analysis

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Emperormartin(m): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
I'll honestly tell you your post about your uncle has made some people wiser! We need to keep sharing this post

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Itzurboi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yves4real:
That may be one of the "don't" in his pre-marriage checklist. His choice and I respect it. But the separation should be on a mutual agreement.
Imagine dude looking for a job in the nearest future and one of the lady's siblings is the CEO of the company. Everyone that applauded the man for his decision now will come out to preach forgiveness.
Future events could come as a surprise no matter how much you prepare for it.
In general, be careful of the way you slam/walk out of the door opened for you by others because you may need to pass through that door tomorrow.
Life is not always about Nollywood Fiction... Whether you accept or not, you are just for yourself..

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by okine4real: 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
This Morning my wife lamented that if she new, na two children she for stop. My Children go scatter house as you dey arrange am finish. Feeding them na die.. Sometimes i wonder if na suffer i come suffer for this life. Four children na die for Buhari ohh. My wife is even complaining, na me dey work ohh. Na me dey spend the money, so if person when nor be she dey work the money dey complain, then imagine me when come dey work the money. Any man when ready to hear, make him hear, in marriage a time comes when the pussy go tire you, even prick go tire the woman, what matters first is the money.....Money maketh marriage. imagine say, people dey send there children go school of 150k per term, and during Holidays, you send them to UK for chilling, but when you nor get money, na vex you go just dey vex, you go see as your wife FINE, but she go just dey irritate you because she be empty barrel. Alots of men are suffering inside marriage ohh, na you go pay rent, pay school fee, build house.... The truth is guys should stop dating the avail girls, the avail girls are not doing anything, they cant add nothing to your life, dey only have in-between there legs to offer. Date girls and marry girls that are not avail. Date girls that are working, or learning trade, even if she ugly marry her like that, you cant use because of your wife is fine, then you nor go pay children school fees. girls that are working would give you less stress in marriage because they can contribute. Date and marry girls that there parents had train them very well, not the once roaming the street and looking for whom to carry all there problems.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Cromagnon: 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:
Prosperity doesn't automatically follow the rule of all these too clever by half permutations. His life, and that of the lady's siblings, might equally change for good if he had married her - assuming that she possessed all of the other realistic things he needed in a companion. It's only people who haven't been at the forefront in the pursuit of real advancement or haven't seen people's economic fortunes turn from good to bad, and vice versa, that would always fail to see money and status beyond what they're.
what %age of economic fortune have you seen turnaround in Nigeria of 2021?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Sues Boyfriend For Failing To Marry Her After ‘Wasting Her Time’ For 8 Yrs / She Rejected My Request To Date, I Moved On, Now She Wants To Move Into My Lodge / 'Small Girl With A Big God' - Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.