Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album (30262 Views)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy, Reactions As Wizkid Distances Himself From Tems On Stage / Drake Features Igbo Nigerian Rapper In His Song [watch Video] / Wizkid Wins MOBO Best International Act Awards, Beats Jay Z, Cardi B, Drake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Bitchiamjay(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nigerian sonorous singer Temilade Openiyi fondly called Tems has added another feather to her cap as she will be among featured artistes on Drake’s forthcoming highly anticipate album, Certified Lover Boy.

Making the announcement, the Canadian superstar singer in some billboard adverts in Lagos announced that Tems will feature on the album which will be released on Friday, September 3, 2021.

“Hey Nigeria Tems is on CLB,” the advert reads.

In a similar move, Drizzy as the Canadian singer is fondly called has also placed billboard adverts in cities of other artistes billed to feature on the album.

So far, Drake has announced that other international superstar artistes like Young Thug, Future, 21 Savage, Lil Baby, Lil Durk, Giveon, and Ty Dolla $ign will be part of the album.

Born Temilade Openiyi on June 11, 1995, in Lagos Nigeria, the songstress recorded “Mr Rebel”, a song of her own composition in 2018. She released the single, Try Me, in August 2019.

Her single, Damages, from her For Broken Ears EP became another follow-up hit to Try Me and garnering about 2.7 million views on YouTube.

In 2020, her collaboration with Wizkid on their song “Essence” earned her a number one spot on BBC 1Xtra Airplay Chart and also earned her first career entry on Billboard Hot 100.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/canadian-superstar-drake-features-tems-on-forthcoming-album-certified-lover-boy/%3famp

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by zaxbash: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Congratulations... The only way to change the world is to do one act of kindness no matter how little it is everyday.

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by MITCHELL96: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Wow! That Girl got talent and voice abeg!
I'm really proud of her, Try me and Essence put her on the world map, very soon, Beyonce and Nicki and the rest of them all will be looking for her

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by festacman(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
I am happy for Tems on this Drake collaboration but Tems and her management need to look beyond this girl-of-moment hype. Afterall, Dbanj association with Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music record achieved little. Drake's song with Wizkid did less than his own songs.

Tems' Team needs to urgently draw a plan for building solid organically-grown fan-base back home as well as building her brand for long-term career benefits and sustained income streams from especially high-profile shows and endorsements. United States offers little as a market for her. Nigeria and Africa do and it is tough especially for ladies as Tiwa, Yemi Alade and Teni would testify.

It is all about your own hit materials, faithful fan-base, career longevity and money, baby!

183 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Ifybwoy7: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Drizzy fucking Drake Certified lover boy dropping tomorrow that's for anybody in the way. Tems baby i can't wait. what a weekend Drake, money heist, shang chi.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Ifybwoy7: 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
festacman:
I am happy for Tems on this Drake collaboration but Tems and her management need to look beyond this girl-of-moment hype. Afterall, Dbanj association with Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music record achieved little. Drake's song with Wizkid did less than his own songs.

Tems' Team needs to urgently draw a plan for building solid organically-grown fan-base back home as well as building her brand for long-term career benefits and sustained income streams from especially high-profile shows and endorsements. United States offers little as a market for her. Nigeria and Africa do and it is tough especially for ladies as Tiwa, Yemi Alade and Teni would testify.

It is all about your own hit materials, faithful fan-base, career longevity and money, baby!
you are correct in a way but tems sound is quite different, she can cope with it and to an extent it would help increase are fan base here as well.

12 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by morikee: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good one Babygirl
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by IcyAutos: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nice one, this is defined going to be her second career entry into the billboard hot 100, the third will be on her on song very soon ijn. Amen.

Meanwhile if you need a car as fast as the one in the 2nd slide check my profile♥️

1 Like

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Grassia2: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nice one Tems.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Dexterfire: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
Congrats

Not all naija girls are useless grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by FuckEveryday: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
TimeTems is of the Essence

13 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by dboo442: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good one for the upcoming artist

4 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by DEROX: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
star boy influence

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by NinjaMetahuman: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
I knew that girl is going places the first time I listened to her song. (Try me)

She is the only Nigeria female artist I can relate to.

Very talented.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by eddykaka(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hmmmmm, tems don de collect from drake too? Sai, girls...fear them o
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Queenserah26(f): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
I concur

festacman:

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Congrats Tems! she's so talented no doubt, I've listened to all her songs and they are all good. I pray she gets more attention and fame with more international collaboration.

10 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
DEROX:
star boy influence

Please that track will have gone nowhere without Tems on it. Its 100% Tems influence

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by brosom(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Make Drake go afghan go perform, seems he's got lot of Taliban as fans there grin

8 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yorubang chics repin.

Congrats to Tems.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by mokoh(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Wait oh abeg make Una tell me who they at for those advertising when them put for billboard na drake abi tems
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by DEROX: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Please that track will have gone nowhere without Tems on it. Its 100% Tems influence
So na tems make made in lagos reach billboard lol

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by IRODANOSA(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
I'm about to cum. OMG.

Surround dracs around Drake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by googlepikins: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Tems don offload Tiwa savage as our new Diva

3 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Amspecial: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
grin
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by stevebond007(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
Na so...
Naija music industry, the only functioning Industry, powered solely by youths.

9 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by martinangws: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Billboard Music Awards 2018 [full List Of Nominees] / ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash / Don Jazzy Accuses Wande Coal Of Stealing His Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.