Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album (30266 Views)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy, Reactions As Wizkid Distances Himself From Tems On Stage / Drake Features Igbo Nigerian Rapper In His Song [watch Video] / Wizkid Wins MOBO Best International Act Awards, Beats Jay Z, Cardi B, Drake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2021
Hopebringer:
Word
Not those talentless WizKid and davido . Once it's not burna or tems , count me out
wizkid & davido>>> burna
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2021
africandollar:

Name one please with the quality of voice Tems has. The only reason Wizkid featured her was because of her unique talent not because she dey sing like an average artiste. That girl sounds like Koffee and Burna Boy combined…her voice is what is getting her recognized, simple! It was just a matter of time for her to get the recognition she deserved.
that girl doesn't sound anywhere near Burna please. grin what is this, like are you people delusional or what?
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2021
Hopebringer:
When I told people that the song exposed how talentless WizKid is they were arguing grin Davido and WizKid are as talentless as wet paint Only burna and tems matter
who is this please. Someone call the circus, we have a clown on the loose.
A wizkid song on Wizkid's album going global shows how talentless wizkid is grin why are Burna fans so faux and depthless.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2021
Aidejay:
that track will have gone nowhere if it was only tems on it. Just like her other songs. Explain that away, bolo!

Listen. I like songs or hate songs. I have little or no time for the artists themselves. Personally, I love live music. Not live performance where instruments are played over a backing track, but complete live performance. For example, although I have no time for Tiwa Savage as a person, I absolutely love her Tiny Desk Concert performance because it was absolutely live and she did 100% justice to it vocally. The only thing missing from that performance was backing singers.

Now back to the matter. That song was written by Wizkid, Tems, Legendury Beatz (Uzezi & Okiemute) and Richard Isong. It was produced by Legendury Beatz and P2J. How many people involved? 5. Okay, let's give the producers who made the killer beat 50%, and give writers 20%. Wetin come remain? 30%. Okay, we all agree that vocally Tems killed it on that song, so we conservatively give her 20% for vocal performance. Wetin come remain for Wizzy? 10%, which is generous considering how weak his performance was on that track compared to Tems. So 14% influenced 86%?!

Now, please name one Wizkid song (not one where he was featured) that has gone as far as this song has gone?? Cracking top 20 in the main main US chart. Billboard 100, the holy grail of charts. Name just one? Even if you wan do ojoro mention "One Dance", he's performance on that song was reduced to a sample of a few seconds long. Basically non existent! Drake himself has a couple of number 1 hits in main charts all over the world where he didn't feature any artist or was featured.

If Wizkid's influence was so "great" (and I acknowledge that he is a gifted and talented performer) then why must he rely on featured artists? Can't he do it alone?

If at all anybody's influence is pushing the song, the it's Justin Beiber, just like Drake before him.

All in all, congratulations to all involved grin

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Moura7(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Listen. I like songs or hate songs. I have little or no time for the artists themselves. Personally, I love live music. Not live performance where instruments are played over a backing track, but complete live performance. For example, although I have no time for Tiwa Savage as a person, I absolutely love her Tiny Desk Concert performance because it was absolutely live and she did 100% justice to it vocally. The only thing missing from that performance was backing singers.

Now back to the matter. That song was written by Wizkid, Tems, Legendury Beatz (Uzezi & Okiemute) and Richard Isong. It was produced by Legendury Beatz and P2J. How many people involved? 5. Okay, let's give the producers who made the killer beat 50%, and give writers 20%. Wetin come remain? 30%. Okay, we all agree that vocally Tems killed it on that song, so we conservatively give her 20%. Wetin come remain for Wizzy? 10%, which is generous considering how weak his performance was on that track compared to Tems. So 10% influenced 90%?!

Now, please name one Wizkid song (not one where he was featured) that has gone as far as this song has gone?? Cracking top 20 in the main main US chart. Billboard 100, the holy grail of charts. Name just one? Even if you wan do ojoro mention "One Dance", he's performance on that song was reduced to a sample of a few seconds long. Basically no existent! Drake himself has a couple of number 1 hits in main charts all over the world where he didn't feature any artist or was featured.

If Wizkid's influence was so "great" (and I acknowledge that he is a gifted and talented performer) then why must he rely on featured artists? Can't he do it alone?

If at all anybody's influence is pushing the song, the it's Justin Beiber, just like Drake before him.

Lol...now I want you to also mention a song by a Nigerian act, lead or even featured(both by international and local artistes) that have even cracked bubbling under hot100 not to talk of hot100...and mind you, essence cracked hot100 before bieber...I think it did 58 before the remix that pushed it to 16. One dance came with the album views and it was the best song on that album....it was drake's first no1 song on hot100 as a lead artiste and was also had the highest weeks as number as at the time b4 GP...and to think it all this without a video o. Now to his second hot100 hit with Beyonce in Brown Skin girl, was also the best song on that Lion King album that boasted other mad features oo, even our own 9jazz heavyweights. It was the highest peaking song of that album on the hot100 and the only song there to win a Grammy...and now essence is his third and you're saying Wizzy wasn't influential in all these 3?....is it just a coincidence that the songs with him in them happened to do this good? In essence wiz gave tems a platform to shine( not taking anything away from tems, she did madness to the chance she was given). He allowed her to do her thing, she took the first part, did the chorus and even jointly did the third part...that he was laid back and more relaxed on his verse does make it weak at all.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Now back to the matter. That song was written by Wizkid, Tems, Legendury Beatz (Uzezi & Okiemute) and Richard Isong. It was produced by Legendury Beatz and P2J. How many people involved? 5. Okay, let's give the producers who made the killer beat 50%, and give writers 20%. Wetin come remain? 30%. Okay, we all agree that vocally Tems killed it on that song, so we conservatively give her 20% for vocal performance. Wetin come remain for Wizzy? 10%, which is generous considering how weak his performance was on that track compared to Tems. So 14% influenced 90%?!

Now, please name one Wizkid song (not one where he was featured) that has gone as far as this song has gone?? Cracking top 20 in the main main US chart. Billboard 100, the holy grail of charts. Name just one? Even if you wan do ojoro mention "One Dance", he's performance on that song was reduced to a sample of a few seconds long. Basically non existent! Drake himself has a couple of number 1 hits in main charts all over the world where he didn't feature any artist or was featured.

- I don't really care about that whole first part. Wonder why you even brought it up.

""""Wetin come remain for Wizzy? 10%, which is generous considering how weak his performance was on that track compared to Tems. So 10% influenced 90%?!""""

Dude that 10% you put up there that "weak" performance is from one of the biggest Artists of his generation. Were not talking about speedarlington or joeboy here. So yeah 10% influenced 90% that is why his name is on the album.

Now no wizkid song has gone as far as essense no tems song either. But wizkid has come so far. Billboard is just a new plus for wizkid, you're talking like everything he is achieving now isn't a culmination of years of work. Essense isn't the first song on the album to gain popular notereity, the album itself has outlasted everything else put out last year.

"""Wizkid's influence was so "great" (and I acknowledge that he is a gifted and talented performer) then why must he rely on featured artists? Can't he do it alone? """"

- he is a benevolent giver who loves putting people on. His influence is so great he puts people on for chops.
Songs like joro and many other wiz songs are typical examples of wiz doing it alone it might not have been a BB100 hit but it's huge. Thanks to songs like that wiz has built Influence to even be in the conversation for a BBhot100. Thanks to songs like that wiz has a fanbase that streams and buys his songs. Thanks to songs like that wiz has sold out a 20k capacity arena 2 times in the past and 2 times in a year. So yes his influence is That Great.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
Moura7:

Lol...now I want you to also mention a song by a Nigerian act, lead or even featured(both by international and local artistes) that have even cracked bubbling under hot100 not to talk of hot100...and mind you, essence cracked hot100 before bieber...I think it did 58 before the remix that pushed it to 16. One dance came with the album views and it was the best song on that album....it was drake's first no1 song on hot100 as a lead artiste and was also had the highest weeks as number as at the time b4 GP...and to think it all this without a video o. Now to his second hot100 hit with Beyonce in Brown Skin girl, was also the best song on that Lion King album that boasted other mad features oo, even our own 9jazz heavyweights. It was the highest peaking song of that album on the hot100 and the only song there to win a Grammy...and now essence is his third and you're saying Wizzy wasn't influential in all these 3?....is it just a coincidence that the songs with him in them happened to do this good? In essence wiz gave tems a platform to shine( not taking anything away from tems, she did madness to the chance she was given). He allowed her to do her thing, she took the first part, did the chorus and even jointly did the third part...that he was laid back and more relaxed on his verse does make it weak at all.

Your answer is even more elaborate than mine. This lazy attempt to write wizkid out of the success of the song. How many coincidences make a fact?
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Moura7(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Aidejay:

Your answer is even more elaborate than mine. This lazy attempt to write wizkid out of the success of the song. How many coincidences make a fact?

Lol.....I get their point sha, that Tems did pretty well even more than Wiz, but saying without her on track it wouldn't have gone far?...ah ah that's just wrong now. Some said it even exposed how talentless Wiz is. Not taking anything away from Tems but if Wiz chose to put her on a non promoted song like Smile
would these people still be talking.I remember when this essence came out, it was trending as trash on NG twitter, now the US have embraced it these same 9ja people have come to claim rubbish. Ojuelegba didn't do much on foreign charts because it was released when streaming and song sales were just beginning to find feet in 9ja but still it did madness internationally even without PR and a foreign label. When streaming giants like spotify and apple did their best afro beats songs of decade last year, ojuelegba was no 1 on both of them. See the madness joro did in south america last year.

2 Likes

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Moura7:

Lol.....I get their point sha, that Tems did pretty well even more than Wiz, but saying without her on track it wouldn't have gone far?...ah ah that's just wrong now. Some said it even exposed how talentless Wiz is. Not taking anything away from Tems but if Wiz chose to put her on a non promoted song like Smile
would these people still be talking.I remember when this essence came out, it was trending as trash on NG twitter, now the US have embraced it these same 9ja people have come to claim rubbish. Ojuelegba didn't do much on foreign charts because it was released when streaming and song sales were just beginning to find feet in 9ja but still it did madness internationally even without PR and a foreign label. When streaming giants like spotify and apple did their best afro beats songs of decade last year, ojuelegba was no 1 on both of them. See the madness joro did in south america last year.
you can't be more on point. grin
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Hopebringer: 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
Aidejay:
who is this please. Someone call the circus, we have a clown on the loose.
A wizkid song on Wizkid's album going global shows how talentless wizkid is grin why are Burna fans so faux and depthless.

It's a tems song from he broke Eardrum album nitwit WizKid featured so it's also on his album.. seriously you are dense grin
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Hopebringer: 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Aidejay:
see lie. You can't discredit wizkid cause you don't like him or his music.
It's Wizkid's song. There is nothing you can do about that.

Go and look for tems broken eardrum album you dolt and look at song writer credits ..

WizKid and davido lack talent totally. Tems wrote essence it's on her album but WizKid featured so it's on his album too.

Men your IQ level is something else o. Why do you think drake featured tems and not WizKid if he wrote the song?

Rubbish
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
Aidejay:

- I don't really care about that whole first part. Wonder why you even brought it up.

""""Wetin come remain for Wizzy? 10%, which is generous considering how weak his performance was on that track compared to Tems. So 10% influenced 90%?!""""

Dude that 10% you put up there that "weak" performance is from one of the biggest Artists of his generation. Were not talking about speedarlington or joeboy here. So yeah 10% influenced 90% that is why his name is on the album.

Now no wizkid song has gone as far as essense no tems song either. But wizkid has come so far. Billboard is just a new plus for wizkid, you're talking like everything he is achieving now isn't a culmination of years of work. Essense isn't the first song on the album to gain popular notereity, the album itself has outlasted everything else put out last year.

"""Wizkid's influence was so "great" (and I acknowledge that he is a gifted and talented performer) then why must he rely on featured artists? Can't he do it alone? """"

- he is a benevolent giver who loves putting people on. His influence is so great he puts people on for chops.
Songs like joro and many other wiz songs are typical examples of wiz doing it alone it might not have been a BB100 hit but it's huge. Thanks to songs like that wiz has built Influence to even be in the conversation for a BBhot100. Thanks to songs like that wiz has a fanbase that streams and buys his songs. Thanks to songs like that wiz has sold out a 20k capacity arena 2 times in the past and 2 times in a year. So yes his influence is That Great.

What has filling 20k arena got to do with this very song Essence Ft Justin Bieber and Tems? You don't have to pull irrelevant stats to make you point. We are talking about this very song and it's overwhelming that without Tems, it wouldn't have gone anywhere or even got Justin Beiber on it. Anything else you are writing is just clutching at straws

You are just a die hard fan, end of.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
Moura7:

Lets focus on this song here which is Wizkid's song, not a song he was featured on. You are actually reinforcing my point that he is unable to crack top 20 the main chart Billboard 100 without being featured.

Meanwhile, it is not the wizkid ft tems version that is the charts. It is the Wizkid ft Justin Beiber and Tems that is in the charts top 20. What does that tell you?
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Moura7(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Lets focus on this song here which is Wizkid's song, not a song he was featured on. You are actually reinforcing my point that he is unable to crack top 20 the main chart Billboard 100 without being featured.

Meanwhile, it is not the wizkid ft tems version that is the charts. It is the Wizkid ft Justin Beiber and Tems that is in the charts top 20. What does that tell you?

Like it's easy to crack hot100 of a foreign white chat when you're not just black but of african citizenship.....I asked you to show me a Nigerian act that's done it before even with foreign features....just one, then show any african song that's made top30 sef. Now, the OG essence cracked the hot100, first nigerian song to do this. Now in the BB charts, the streams, sales, and airplay of a song is accumulated with remix(whenever it drops) and thus makes a song leapfrog in charts, same thing with an album and its deluxe edition too.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

What has filling 20k arena got to do with this very song Essence Ft Justin Bieber and Tems? You don't have to pull irrelevant stats to make you point. We are talking about this very song and it's overwhelming that without Tems, it wouldn't have gone anywhere or even got Justin Beiber on it. Anything else you are writing is just clutching at straws

You are just a die hard fan, end of.
Without Wizkid this song wouldn't have gone anywhere.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hopebringer:

Go and look for tems broken eardrum album you dolt and look at song writer credits ..

WizKid and davido lack talent totally. Tems wrote essence it's on her album but WizKid featured so it's on his album too.

Men your IQ level is something else o. Why do you think drake featured tems and not WizKid if he wrote the song?

Rubbish
omo shocked this kind lie is amazing! Jesus....!
First it's for broken ears not broken eardrum. That's the name of tems EP it's not an album.
Secondly Essense is not on any tems album. Tems hasn't released an album yet. But she has dropped an EP.
Essense is Wizkid's song, all this your shalaye no concern anybody wizkid is the only lead artist credited on it. Go and drag with him, if you can.
My IQ level is something else, but your own na Garbage ooh! Garbage In garbage out.
I fear for u ooh!
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hopebringer:

It's a tems song from he broke Eardrum album nitwit WizKid featured so it's also on his album.. seriously you are dense grin
ah-ah!!!! shocked
Make I screenshot this rubbish wey you type.

Guy u are a dullard ooh! The way you are even doing it with confidence, my god shocked shocked

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Moura7:

Like it's easy to crack hot100 of a foreign white chat when you're not just black but of african citizenship.....I asked you to show me a Nigerian act that's done it before even with foreign features....just one, then show any african song that's made top30 sef. Now, the OG essence cracked the hot100, first nigerian song to do this. Now in the BB charts, the streams, sales, and airplay of a song is accumulated with remix(whenever it drops) and thus makes a song leapfrog in charts, same thing with an album and its deluxe edition too.
alas. Free education exists.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
Moura7:

Another die hard. Wizkid is like religion to you. No point trying to reason because its blind faith. Lol
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Moura7(m): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Another die hard. Wizkid is like religion to you. No point trying to reason because its blind faith. Lol

Lol....its all good man, everyone's got their own perspective of things. One love!
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Hopebringer: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
[s]
Aidejay:
omo shocked this kind lie is amazing! Jesus....!
First it's for broken ears not broken eardrum. That's the name of tems EP it's not an album.
Secondly Essense is not on any tems album. Tems hasn't released an album yet. But she has dropped an EP.
Essense is Wizkid's song, all this your shalaye no concern anybody wizkid is the only lead artist credited on it. Go and drag with him, if you can.
My IQ level is something else, but your own na Garbage ooh! Garbage In garbage out.
I fear for u ooh!
[/s]

Sharap it's a bonus track in the deluxe edition
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hopebringer:
[s][/s]

Sharap it's a bonus track in the deluxe edition

garbage in garbage out.
SMH! You are just typing nonsense. Please use google stop embarassing yourself (na beg i dey beg). I don wash hand commot from your stupidity. Its one thing to be uninformed its another thing to continue wallowing in your ignorance.
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Hopebringer: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
[s]
Aidejay:
garbage in garbage out.
SMH! You are just typing nonsense. Please use google stop embarassing yourself (na beg i dey beg). I don wash hand commot from your stupidity. Its one thing to be uninformed its another thing to continue wallowing in your ignorance.
[/s]

Are you done ?

WizKid and davido suck arse

Tems and burna rule

Now keep crying
Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hopebringer:
[s][/s] Are you done ? WizKid and davido suck arse Tems and burna rule Now keep crying

Garbage in, Garbage out.

Re: Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album by Aidejay(m): 1:09am On Sep 04, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:
but at least listen to that water and garri EP, if there is anything you leave with from this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Billboard Music Awards 2018 [full List Of Nominees] / ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash / Don Jazzy Accuses Wande Coal Of Stealing His Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.