Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,849 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 AM

Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ (3874 Views)

When you are in a deaf and dumb relationship. / Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) / Are Pretty Girls Not Worth Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 2:14am On May 23, 2011
I just came back from a model call. Met a couple cute model chicks today, once again I am disappointed, why aren't most pretty women able hold deep intellectual conversations?  Pretty sophisticated pretty women seem to be low in the books,

So what's up pretty women, are brains a sacrifice for beauty vis-a-vis?
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by MsPotato(f): 2:18am On May 23, 2011
There happened to be some preety girls with the brains. So no, not all preety girls are dumb. Infact, there are some ugly girls whom are dump too . Same goes for some ugly and some handosme guys whom are dumb as well.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 2:34am On May 23, 2011
Mhm
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by iice(f): 2:38am On May 23, 2011
Like fine guys and cheese brains. The world is balanced
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Pweety4me(f): 3:02am On May 23, 2011
What's intellectual 2 you?y does it bother you?are you there 2 'wife' them or what?
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Nobody: 3:13am On May 23, 2011
ozo_emeka:
I just came back from a model call. Met a couple cute model chicks today, once again I am disappointed, why aren't most pretty women able hold deep intellectual conversations?  Pretty sophisticated pretty women seem to be low in the books,

I overheard from a man in my chem class one day. He's Russian and was talking about how his parents wanted him to marry a Russian girl or an American that speaks Russian (can you imagine). He was complaining the same thing; that girls are either intelligent and not beautiful or they were beautiful and dumb. His reason? "Beautiful girls think their beauty is enough to get them far in life". In the Russian world, I'm guessing "far in life" is a handsome rich man lol. I would have to agree with his notion though, only to an extent as all beautiful women are not dumb and all intelligent women are not ugly.

Intelligent models are hard to find. If they are intelligent, some of them play dumb intentionally.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Somaliland(m): 3:21am On May 23, 2011
Dude your meeting hot models why are you trying to have a deep intellectual conversation with them? They are there just to get some pics done there not there for a meeting for MENSA.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Dyt(f): 5:19am On May 23, 2011
aint dumb
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 6:09am On May 23, 2011
Pweety4me:

What's intellectual 2 you?y does it bother you?are you there 2 'wife' them or what?

@somali and what's wrong with holding smart conversations. I dig sophisticated sexy women. I'm not going to bore myself with endless smart ass politico conversations. It's simple, when you flirt with a girl, it's quick to pick up in the first few minutes if she's simply a dumb hottie or more,  Pweety4me thanks for wrapping it up, pretty women are just that, pretty,
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by 190: 6:11am On May 23, 2011
the pweety girl(s) are already showing themselves on this thread already
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Jenifa1: 6:22am On May 23, 2011
ogugua88:

Intelligent models are hard to find. If they are intelligent, some of them play dumb intentionally.

many high fashion models are very intelligent. alek wek, tyra banks, oluchi, liya kedebe, iman, carla bruni and d likes. the ones that get signed up to the big name agencies. many speak multiple languages, are well read, well traveled and sometimes come from influential or noble families. these are high class models

I think OP is probably speaking about local beauty contest/ pageant/tiara models ex.Miss Chattanooga, Miss America, Miss victoria secret *puke*
not much class to this at all.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by BABE3: 7:08am On May 23, 2011
All these "pretty girls are dumb" talks baffle me--- Am I living in the same world as y'alls? I roll with "PRETTY" people, and they are pretty smart/intelligent----hmm. Plus I myself, I'm pretty and Intelligent, so  what's going on? 

Anyways Singing Keri Hilson's  "Pretty Girl(s) Rock!"--   smiley
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2011
BABE!:

All these "pretty girls are dumb" talks baffles me--- Am I living in the same world as y'alls? I roll with "PRETTY" people, and they are pretty smart/intelligent----hmmmm. Intresting.

Anyways Singing Keri Hilson's "Pretty Girl(s) Rock!"-- smiley

Oh u fancy huh!?
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by BABE3: 7:13am On May 23, 2011
lol --- Yup! Extremely Fancy!!! wink

Wait o, oga Emeka you went to interview some models ba?-- Do you want them as Spokesperson model, OR Runway/photo-shoot model, coz if it's the latter, then what's your stress? You want them to deliver a speech on the Runway? So far they can give a Mad~~Sexy Walk in 6 inches and some Swagalicious Strut, ~~ no koso  undecided
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2011
nothing do you , i gbadun your style wink
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 7:46am On May 23, 2011
that's irrelevant, I've seen tons of beautiful women but there has to be something more
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by zstranger: 8:40am On May 23, 2011
Actually pretty women are more intelligent than ugly women:

Beautiful People Really ARE More Intelligent

Intelligence is just as strongly correlated with beauty as with education
Published on December 12, 2010 by Satoshi Kanazawa in The Scientific Fundamentalist
Beautiful people have higher intelligence than ugly people, especially if they are men.
In a previous post, I show, using an American sample from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, that physically more attractive people are more intelligent. As I explain in a subsequent post, the association between physical attractiveness and intelligence may be due to one of two reasons. Genetic quality may be a common cause for both (such that genetically healthier people are simultaneously more beautiful and more intelligent). Alternatively, the association may result from a cross-trait assortative mating, where more intelligent and higher status men of greater resources marry more beautiful women. Because both intelligence and physical attractiveness are highly heritable, their children will be simultaneously more beautiful and more intelligent. Regardless of the reason for the association, the new evidence suggests that the association between physical attractiveness and general intelligence may be much stronger than we previously thought.

The National Child Development Study (NCDS) includes all babies born during the week of 03-09 March 1958 in Great Britain (England, Wales, and Scotland), and has followed them for more than half a century throughout their lives. When they were 7 and again when they were 11, their teachers were asked to describe the children physically. For the purpose of the analysis below, the children are defined to be attractive if they were described as attractive at both age 7 and age 11. They were defined to be unattractive otherwise. 62% of the NCDS respondents are coded as attractive. Their intelligence is measured with 11 different cognitive tests at three different ages (7, 11, and 16). NCDS has the best measure of general intelligence available in any large-scale survey data.

As the graph below shows, attractive NCDS respondents are significantly more intelligent than unattractive NCDS respondents. Attractive NCDS respondents have the mean IQ of 104.23, whereas unattractive NCDS respondents have the mean IQ of 91.81. The difference between them is 12.42. This mean difference implies a correlation coefficient of r = .381, which is reasonably large in any survey data.

By pure coincidence, the correlation between physical attractiveness and intelligence in NCDS is exactly the same, down to the third decimal point, as the correlation between intelligence and education. Both correlations are .381. Everybody knows that intelligence and education are very highly correlated. What they don’t know is that physical attractiveness is equally highly correlated with intelligence as education is. If you want to estimate someone’s intelligence without giving them an IQ test, you would do just as well to base your estimate on their physical attractiveness as you would to base it on their years of education.

As the following two graphs show, the association between physical attractiveness and intelligence is stronger among men than among women. In the NCDS sample, the attractive women have a mean IQ of 103.64, and the unattractive women have a mean IQ of 92.25. The difference between them is 11.39. This mean difference implies a correlation coefficient of r = .351.

In contrast, the attractive men in the NCDS sample have a mean IQ of 105.00, and the unattractive men have a mean IQ of 91.39. The difference between them is 13.61, which is almost one full standard deviation in the IQ distribution (σ = 15). This mean difference implies a correlation coefficient of r = .414, which is very large in any survey data.

Now, given that it was the children’s teacher who was asked to assess their physical attractiveness, there is a possibility of a halo effect, where teachers believe that better, more intelligent students are physically more attractive. The halo-effect explanation for the association between physical attractiveness and intelligence, however, runs into three different problems. First, it presumes that the judgment of physical attractiveness is arbitrary and subjective. As I explain in an earlier post, however, beauty is not in the eye of the beholder; it is an objective, quantifiable trait of someone like height or weight. Second, as I note in the previous post, the association between beauty and intelligence has been found in the American Add Health sample, where physical attractiveness of the respondents is assessed by the interviewer who is unaware of their intelligence.

Most importantly, however, the halo-effect explanation simply leads to another question: Where does the teachers' belief that more intelligent students are more attractive come from? The notion that more intelligent individuals are physically more attractive is a stereotype, and, just like all other stereotypes, it is empirically true, as both the American and British data show. Teachers (and everyone else in society) believe that more intelligent individuals are physically more attractive because they are.

http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-inline-full/blogs/38/2010/12/51424-41418.jpg

http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-inline-full/blogs/38/2010/12/51424-41419.jpg

http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-inline-full/blogs/38/2010/12/51424-41420.jpg

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent

Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by MrCork17: 8:59am On May 23, 2011
ozo_emeka:

ozo_emeka. bro, does your brain uses batteries? undecided
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by MMM2(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2011
op
not all of dem re like dat,
cos i chat with alot of pretty babes.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by ozoemeka(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2011
don;t worry about my brains work on your language skills.  

@Zstranger pretty people are more confident in asserting their skills which makes them appear brighter. Less pretty people make more efforts intellectually to prove themselves and come off as dumb just to keep the other party interested. Guys, agree with me? Ugly girls (the dynamic is different w/men) always want to put out 1st.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by MissyB3(f): 2:41pm On May 23, 2011
BABE!:

All these "pretty girls are dumb" talks baffles me--- Am I living in the same world as y'alls? I roll with "PRETTY" people, and they are pretty smart/intelligent----hmm. Plus I myself, I'm pretty and Intelligent, so  what's going on? 
My sentiment, exactly.
''Pretty girls are dumb'' is one old baseless cliché. I know tons of people that possess both a fine face and a fine head.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Pweety4me(f): 5:29pm On May 23, 2011
Missy ★ B:

My sentiment, exactly.
''Pretty girls are dumb'' is one old baseless cliché. I know tons of people that possess both a fine face and a fine head.

Your secretly talking about urself huh? psych! cheesy undecided

ozo_emeka:

Pweety4me thanks for wrapping it up, pretty women are just that, pretty,

I don't know what ur wrapping?cause i didn't wrap anything undecided
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by Onchedu(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2011
Balanced compensation.

The typical pretty (physically attractive) girl has been pretty for as long as she can remember. if she sounds dumb, it's not her fault entirely. She grew up with a less developed portion of the brain that is responsible for conversational prowess cos she didn't need to talk much so her mind didnt see the need to come up with interesting topics to share in discussions or positive social verbal interactions, and as such she just is more skilled at listening & giving brief replies.

She is capable of developing her convo skills if she desires todo so n works towards it, just like the fat girl can loose weight & the not so pretty girl can discover what makes her appear more visually appealing.
Re: Are Pretty Girls Dumb? :/ by bluefilm: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Extremely dumb, in most cases...

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Would U Date/marry A Guy With No Sexual Experience? / If U Dress Like A Prostitute, U R A Prostitute - Emodeee / My Mum Does Not Like My Girlfriend Because She's An Albino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.