Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. (1258 Views)

My Gurus In The House Kindly Check And Criticize My Building Plan / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan / The Total Cost Of Building The House You Want. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hello, Please, i drilled my borehole on the 8th of August, and after the flushing, and installation, my water is not clean. I contacted the engineer, he said maybe the gravel packing was not enough so groundwater are getting into the hole. Have added alum, chlorine and caustic soda, yet no changes. Please, if you can help, i don't mind the bill, I just want clean water

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by chatinent: 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
See as Yoruba boys hustle enter. Lol
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
chatinent:
See as Yoruba boys hustle enter. Lol
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Davash222(m): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
It's very difficult to find potable water in SW region.

To find potable water there is like to find a virgin Nigerian girl.

Manage the water like that...atleast it's not brownish like the ones we use here in Ago Lagos, upon we installed filter.

4 Likes

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by duro4chang(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
That is palm wine. Make you bottle am and sell.
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Davash222(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
duro4chang:
Off your mic, honorable cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by duro4chang(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
Davash222:

Off my mic, honorable cheesy
Why now. Take am easy now.
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Commentor: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Adeoba10:
Hello, Please, i drilled my borehole on the 8th of August, and after the flushing, and installation, my water is not clean. I contacted the engineer, he said maybe the gravel packing was not enough so groundwater are getting into the hole. Have added alum, chlorine and caustic soda, yet no changes. Please, if you can help, i don't mind the bill, I just want clean water

What's the location of the borehole?

Did you carry out a geophysical investigation prior to drilling?

What was the recommendation?

What was the condition of the well when drilled?

How much development was done?

2 Likes

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Commentor:

What's the location of the borehole?

Did you carry out a geophysical investigation prior to drilling?

What was the recommendation?

What was the condition of the well when drilled?

Survey was carried out, it shows that at 55m, 80m, and 110m there is acqufier, so at 60m we saw appreciable water, so the drilling was terminated, but during the drilling, the surrounding of the point of drilling was doing like VOLCANO ERUPTION
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
duro4chang:
������� Getaut

1 Like

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Commentor: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
Adeoba10:

Survey was carried out, it shows that at 55m, 80m, and 110m there is acqufier, so at 60m we saw appreciable water, so the drilling was terminated, but during the drilling, the surrounding of the point of drilling was doing like VOLCANO ERUPTION

What does that mean?

What's the lithology of the aquifer?

Reason I'm asking about the location is to confirm the local geology.

Water seems milky, could that be as a result of limestone?

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Davash222(m): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Commentor:

What does that mean?

Sir, the location is SW. The most sophisticated region in the world after Ontario.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Commentor:

What does that mean?

Abeokuta
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Commentor: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Adeoba10:

Abeokuta

Abeokuta should bd basement complex.
I doubt you drilled to 60m depth.

Could you mean Ewekoro?
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Commentor:

Abeokuta should bd basement complex.
I doubt you drilled to 60m depth.

Could you mean Ewekoro?
Eleweran, Obantoko
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by gly(m): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
possible options:

1. Poor development after well completion

2. water is being tapped from aquifer (secondary porosity) that is partially/semi-weathered (presence of spec of silty/dissolved fine grained material ..in this case clay)

Option 1 can be addressed if Op does further development

If it is option 2, I am sorry that is the end

Peace!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Commentor: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2021
gly:
possible options:

1. Poor development after well completion

2. water is being tapped from aquifer (secondary porosity) that is partially/semi-weathered (presence of spec of silty/dissolved fine grained material ..in this case clay)

Option 1 can be addressed if Op does further development

If it is option 2, I am sorry that is the end

Peace!!!

I agree with your conclusion.

But I would like for us to get more information.
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Commentor: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2021
Adeoba10:

Eleweran, Obantoko

What capacity submersible pump was installed?

Secondly, are you sure you guys got to 200 feet?
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by duro4chang(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Adeoba10:

������� Getaut
No way!!!
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by gly(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2021
Commentor:

I agree with your conclusion.

But I would like for us to get more information.

Yeah you right bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by gly(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2021
@Adeoba10 please can you send the coordinate (latitude and longitude) of the location so that we would be precise with the right local geology which I believe, the thread would help you in better informed decision making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by gly(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2021
Well done @Commentor for your selfless service and follow up on the thread.
This is part of our give back as consulting geoscientists.
Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by austin1: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Let's discuss yours is still better water..we will clear this
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
gly:
@Adeoba10 please can you send the coordinate (latitude and longitude) of the location so that we would be precise with the right local geology which I believe, the thread would help you in better informed decision making.
I will do that when I get back home sir
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Adeoba10(m): 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
Commentor:

What capacity submersible pump was installed?

Secondly, are you sure you guys got to 200 feet?
1hp
The drilling rod was 17
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by gly(m): 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
Adeoba10:

I will do that when I get back home sir

Okay bro
Re: Please, Borehole Guru In The House, Kindly Help Me Out. by Commentor: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
Adeoba10:

1hp
The drilling rod was 17

Of how many metres per rod?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Abuja! Buyers Sought Urgently! / Are U Looking To Buy Land/houses At Onitsha? / 4 Fully Developed Shops For Sale In Ikota Shopping Complex Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.