Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 (30276 Views)

Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 / Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by justmondris: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
Buhari and the CBN governor think they can grow naira in CBN lab.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Kirchoffs: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
My guy I make my money in United States Dollars, you want me to be wailing like you? Monday morning I will hit GT Bank to withdraw $100 to verify the new rate to start the week. Don’t hate, congratulate.
grin grin dollars indeed you wish, I know what you mean is that you'd go and withdraw your 30k BMC stipend to pay the debts you've accumulated over the previous months . Idîát

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Passionate1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2021

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Kirchoffs: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
The useless CBN governor and his principal the idiotic mannequin in aso rock also want to launch crypto currency grin grin. It's gonna be a disaster just like everything that lifeless man has ever touched
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Buckeyemedia1: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kirchoffs:
grin grin dollars indeed you wish, I know what you mean is that you'd go and withdraw your 30k BMC stipend to pay the debts you've accumulated over the previous months . Idîát
Make e pain you well well, no be every body dey wail like you, ask Super Eagle players whether they like high or low dollar, or are they not everyday Nigerians that worked hard & managed to make something for themselves & Family? You no get any relative for obodo Oyibo wey fit send you hard currency? Peasant Pauper your own is to wail on Nairaland all day like ojay, what concerns you with dollar?
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by almarthins(m): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Sharap jare ..instead of you to blast your useless Buhari you want to blame innocent Nigerians ..how many Nigerians can even afford to save in Dollars ?no be who chop bellefull dey save for dollars ...... I warned about the effects of the clumsy handling of the the BDC ban and the side effects that would arise but yet people like your argued ...the current slide of the Naira is 100 percent Emeiefele fault , his poorly thought out and executed action against BDCs caused this .. Emeiefele needs to learn more a out execution strategy and stop alll this hasty announcements that do nothing than drive panic

Emefiele zero
Buhari zero

U see dat man called emefiele need 100 strokes of hot Cain on his butus. grin
That enaira go end in disaster

Those that have brother or sister in UK and USA , congratulations una money don come.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I know some people are happy that the dollar keeps appreciating against the naira.

If the dollar keep appreciating that means the cost of goods and services will increase, which will make life more difficult for you.

If you like keep buying dollar and saving it in dollars or usdt, as long as exchange rates are not stable, you are losing and also losing even when you convert your saved dollar back to naira, inflation will devalued it.
What is this one saying ?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Buckeyemedia1: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
almarthins:

Emefiele zero
Buhari zero

Those that have brother or sister in UK and USA , congratulations una money don come.
Agreed.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
gidob:

Instead of you to address the cause of the issue (Buhari's incompetency) you are attacking people who are suffering from his incompetence.

Blind loyalty....
Dont mind him
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by senatordossy: 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
It will soon reach 600 then 700
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Kirchoffs: 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Make e pain you well well, no be every body dey wail like you, ask Super Eagle players whether they like high or low dollar? You no get any relative for obodo Oyibo wey fit send you hard currency? Peasant Pauper your own is to wail on Nairaland land, what concerns you with dollar?
What a shame cheesy cheesy poverty strickén fággôt, so you won't be able to eat if your relatives don't send you money grin grin. You are a disgrace to your self and am sure they are getting sick and tired of you.

You have no achievements or anything tangible to your name you are like a parasite that lives off your siblings abroad. So na 100$ you dey spend in a month chai see poverty for person life oo... odé
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Yankee101: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
Worst nigerian president ever
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by jumpandpas(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
hisexcellency34:
And Buhari is still retaining that dullard called Emefiele

Shut up and stop shifting the goal post.

Buhari remains a failure both as military and civilian.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Buckeyemedia1: 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kirchoffs:
What a shame cheesy cheesy poverty strickén fággôt, so you won't be able to eat if your relatives don't send you money grin grin. You are a disgrace to your self and am sure they are getting sick and tired of you.

You have no achievements or anything tangible to your name you are like a parasite that lives off your siblings abroad. So na 100$ you dey spend in a month chai see poverty for person life oo... odé
My Brother Stop wailing, it would have been good if you were making dollars to wail, remember what DJ Quick said, “ If it don’t make Dollars, it don’t make sense” least try & use your wailing to make money on the internet, not to be behaving like Ortom everything Buhari? How much foreign exchange did your state generate last year to add to the treasury? Keep wailing, while we keep counting the Benjamins.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by namo77: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Wow

Buhari is working

Next level

Wow
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Johel(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/naira-sinks-to-530-against-dollar-pound-hits-n720/

All thanks to the bastardised cow called Buhari....I will be here living life regardless,and I will kill a cow and throw a party the day the fool dies cos that will be my happiest moment.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by armadeo(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I know some people are happy that the dollar keeps appreciating against the naira.

If the dollar keep appreciating that means the cost of goods and services will increase, which will make life more difficult for you.

If you like keep buying dollar and saving it in dollars or usdt, as long as exchange rates are not stable, you are losing and also losing even when you convert your saved dollar back to naira, inflation will devalued it.

Oga if you want to save money better go and buy dollar and save it than leaving it I'd in the banks.

The reason is simple 1 dollar value today is one dollar value years end give or take a few cents.

Last month 1000dollars was roughly 500k
Now it's 530k.

Your 500k of last month cannot get you it's value again you now need 530k to get the value of 500k.

Reason is import dependence. If you are storing cash with no immediate use store it in dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by RomanGreen: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
Can it please hit #1000/$ ? I'm eagerly waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Arda1000(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

People like you that depend on the government for survival always have one problem and that is frustration.
oni Kure I can feed u for a week with or without ur government with one of my coin grin, I don’t know any government aside me and my family,as for you, u can kiss Bubu a$$ till 2050, oriburrrukuu

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

[/s]
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

People like you that depend on the government for survival always have one problem and that is frustration.
[/s]
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

And where did I blame Nigerians

Is the fall in the price of oil also emeiefele fault?

Abeg no carry your frustration near me.

If you don't have any solution, shut up
[/s]
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by wizelink(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Promise keeper what an irony of life [color=#990000][/color]

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Arda1000(m): 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
almarthins:

Emefiele zero
Buhari zero

I just pity anyone who’s going to buy that Enaira ajeh
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by cybriz82(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
BigRocky:
Things keep getting worst..

Buhari is the worst thing before abacha that has happen to Nigerians.

Taaaiii como for here u dnt knw anything about abacha so just Liv iz name outta ur man...that man is a trillion time better than this one they calld Mr change..
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Sammerboi: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Naira was 160 against the dollar when GEJ left office. See how Nigerian currency running down below like a sinking ship. That’s what happen when you voted a semi literate as your president.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by samwillyco1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
What a tragedy to NIGERIANS, APC Government is a DISASTER to the Nation

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

SHUT UP THERE!!!

YOU SHAMELESS IGNORANT BOY!

YOU SHOULD BE HIDING YOUR FACE IN SHAME

EKPA!
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

SHUT UP!!!

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DEPENDS ON THE USELESS GOVERNMENT FOR MONTHLY 5K STIPEND!

EKPA!

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by AkaraAndBread: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
BigRocky:
Things keep getting worst..

Buhari is the worst thing before abacha that has happen to Nigerians.

Abacha is far better.

Although he was a kleptomaniac at least he kept sending the country credit alerts more than twenty years after his death.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Comedian2019: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
Buharinomics is working. 2,000 before 2023.
Las las, Naija go borrow sense.
Re: Naira Sinks To 530 Against Dollar, Pound Hits N720 by Buckeyemedia1: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sammerboi:
Naira was 160 against the dollar when GEJ left office. See how Nigerian currency running down below like a sinking ship. That’s what happen when you voted a semi literate as your president.
The Military spoilt Nigerians with subsidies, now the people refuse to think out the box & work which makes them depend on Government for everything, foreign exchange should be private sector driven, why are state governments with their comparative advantages not exporting commodities for foreign exchange ie Palm Oil, Cocoa, Processed crepe & crumb Rubber, Processed Timber?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tired Of Being Broke? See How To Earn Passive Income In Nigeria / How To Withdraw From Payza / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.