Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo (27554 Views)

Ronaldo Thanks Cavani For Giving Him His Man Utd No 7 Shirt / Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 / Fans Praise Kylian Mbappe's Performance Vs Bayern Munich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by jonnynwa(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2021
Kingpele:
Fake and proud goat everywhere ,the only reason I like messi was his humility on and off the pitch,neymar offered number 10 Jersey to messi when he was coming to PSG but messi refused...This shows a good leader with respect for his teammates ...This Wil even spur neymar to work hard for his team but this cavani,, though he is laughing it off ,I know he will feel inferior to CR7 which will affect his phyc and performance on the pitch ...I see cavani leaving manu on January nobody want to live in the shadow of another person

You said 'nobody want to live in the shadow of another person' why then are y'all mad about Mbappe leaving PSG?
Believe you me that Neymar offering the Number 10 jersey to Messi might not really be cool with Neymar because everyone knows why he left Barca. And for the record CR7 is a brand name to Many of Cristiano Ronaldo's businesses.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by ofiko123(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations to cristiano ronaldo...
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Dalil8: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2021
Giftexx:

saying this as PSG manager or spokesman?

As a football agent.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Whitecoal711: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2021
He should be given the captain and coaching job � too
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Myhusband(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2021
as a Chelsea fan I don't know why I cherish C Ronaldo a lot, I found joy watching him play on pitch

Messi is also one of my idol. two great Goat
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Giftexx: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Dalil8:

As a football agent.
i see.. it's ur field then
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by michael1508: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Evaromantik:
One Argentine Messi fanboy who flopped at Man Utd was busy saying rubbish about that No 7 jersey yesterday.

After Ronaldo left, Edi is the only person who seems fit to water that jersey.

Now the GOAT is back and he kindly handed it over to Ronaldo. Edi is a kind soul.

Most Importantly:
I can't believe Phil Jones refused to hand the No 4 jersey to Varane. Nearly forgot he's still in Man Utd.
My brother,I think sir Phil Jones scenario is a spiritual one as the canal mind can't still phantom he is still in United and he has the gods to even dictate on the no.4 jersey
At this point I want to believe he has the nude photos of the glazzers grin grin grin grin[right][/right]

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by anonymous1759(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2021
Evaromantik:
One Argentine Messi fanboy who flopped at Man Utd was busy saying rubbish about that No 7 jersey yesterday.

Now the GOAT is back and he kindly handed it over to Ronaldo. Edi is a kind soul.

Most Importantly:

I can't believe Phil Jones refused to hand the No 4 jersey to Varane. Nearly forgot he's still in Man Utd.

It’s disrespectful no matter how you paint it. Edi is a kind soul because he was willing to offer the shirt. If he refused he’s proud. But you left the Ronaldo who was not humble enough to take another jersey. If Cavani had rejected it he’ll be hated by Ronaldo and ManU fans he was only trying to save his career.
Jerseys don’t play soccer don’t blame Phil Jones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by lomprico(m): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2021
WibusJaga:

Fake tribute. undecided
But this Ronaldo selfish & proud sha!
He for humbly collect another Jersey number na.

7 is not just a number anymore for him, it's a brand! CR7.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by michael1508: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2021
bayelsaowei:
All to provide the clout for ronaldo to ride on..I have never seen any player in this world that yearns and craves for attention more than ronaldo...

I think it's beyond all these,CR7 is a brand on its own,commercial wise,do you know how much his jersey will rake in for United,how on earth ll you even imagine Premiership will bend her rules to accommodate Rolando having the no.7 jersey,of course,there is going to be a high percentage gain to the EPL organizers themselves on such deals.
Rolando legacy is beyond just football,a player who has more followers than all EPL teams combined,that ain't a joke my brother
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by aluyapreston: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2021
Dalil8:
Now who's gonna hand Messi the No 10 at PSG? Definitely not Neymar. grin grin

Bloody lies, Neymar never offered Messi the No 10 jersey.

Fabricated news ❌

Neymar and Mbappe squad numbers are considered untouchable at PSG

fabricated news? if messi was to come to utd today and ask for the number 7 jersey, utd will sell ronaldo and give him while kneeling. as much as you hate messi just know that in old traford locker rooms there are pictures of messi cleaning his own boots. the management stated that they kept the pictures to show players while they should be humble no matter how big they get

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by FILEBE(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2021
Alaganature09:

Baba why u dey yarn like this... it's choice he was offered the number 10 jersey but he refused because he believes a senior player which is Neymar deserve it better... As for Ronaldo if cavani didn't hand over the number to him he would have probably go for 17 abi you want talk say he no go play because Dem no give am Number 7?

Okay boss.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by fredylee: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2021
Evaromantik:

Most Importantly:

Pure class, Cavani! As for Jones, don't you see the way he throws himself about on the pitch like a kid robbed of his sweet?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by MOVIC6: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2021
Oliver Twist....
WibusJaga:

Fake tribute. undecided
But this Ronaldo selfish & proud sha!
He for humbly collect another Jersey number na.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2021
uzoma213:
if he took another number, do you think the jersey would have enough sales as when the jersey has the number 7 on it?
why not...what has stopped messi's Jersey from selling with number 30 on it?
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Josh2fun: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2021
anonymous1759:

It’s disrespectful no matter how you paint it. Edi is a kind soul because he was willing to offer the shirt. If he refused he’s proud. But you left the Ronaldo who was not humble enough to take another jersey. If Cavani had rejected it he’ll be hated by Ronaldo and ManU fans he was only trying to save his career.
Jerseys don’t play soccer don’t blame Phil Jones.
Thank you my brother , ''Jersey don't play soccer'' it's human that will do it. If Ronaldo wear 77 and performance believe me another person will like to wear it tomorrow .

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2021
Whitecoal711:
He should be given the captain and coaching job � too
grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Bennycollins: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Cavani knows that Ronaldo is to United what Messi is not (and would never be) to PSG. E clear you?
Kingpele:
Fake and proud goat everywhere ,the only reason I like messi was his humility on and off the pitch,neymar offered number 10 Jersey to messi when he was coming to PSG but messi refused...This shows a good leader with respect for his teammates ...This Wil even spur neymar to work hard for his team but this cavani,, though he is laughing it off ,I know he will feel inferior to CR7 which will affect his phyc and performance on the pitch ...I see cavani leaving manu on January nobody want to live in the shadow of another person
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by OhiOfIhima: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kingpele:
CR7 representing a whole lots which is short of what you just highlighted above. The name CR7 is not about Cristiano Ronaldo as a player but about the brands in every sphere of business entities. Talk about Hotel and luxurious, Tourism, estate management, endorsement, fragrance, wears and many more that we don't know. This is what CR7 is made of.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by sixteendigits: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by SEGLIZ: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
Evaromantik:

Most Importantly:
hope you are not talking about girl called Angela di maria? the girl don't hesitate to when ever he has the opportunity to show animosity toward Cr7.

the last he did even attacking van gaal for doing his job as a coach out of place. it goes a long way to show the reason he failed a old trafford.

down to heart from Stanford Bridge. Up Blues.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by metalgear11(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
And so it begins. It's always about the CR7 brand. Watch how ManUtds game changes to accommodate him. I'm not hating on Cristiano, and he is definitely one of the best or even the best in the world right now, but all I see in this is more time in the spotlight for him alone. The person I pity most? Bruno Fernandes. There is no way in this he will be allowed to outshine his fellow country man. The coach will be like "once you have the ball, make sure you get it to Cristiano, he will do the rest". Look at what happened in the Euros. The Bruno in Euro 2020 was a shadow of the Bruno we all love in ManUtd. The team will be made to play to CR7s strengths, not the other way around. Watch how the other players scoring rate will drop. There will be more passes to the "main man" rather than taking on defenders or dribbles. I may be wrong, and only time will tell, but that is what I forsee happening.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by shine12: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Different culture. In the NFL (America), if you want a certain number, you'll have to pay the current holder of the jersey number a fee like $50k or even more. Even if jersey Number "7" enhances Ronaldo's brand, I'm sure the jersey number of Cavani helps his own brand too in a way.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Bahamas95(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
Evaromantik:

Most Importantly:
I can't believe Phil Jones refused to hand the No 4 jersey to Varane . Nearly forgot he's still in Man Utd.
Who da fvck is Varane? You are talking as if he is Paulo Maldini, Puyol or Ramos.

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by ThothHermes: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dalil8:
Now who's gonna hand Messi the No 10 at PSG? Definitely not Neymar. grin grin

Bloody lies, Neymar never offered Messi the No 10 jersey.

Fabricated news ❌

Neymar and Mbappe squad numbers are considered untouchable at PSG
Keep quiet...

https://www.besoccer.com/new/neymar-offered-messi-number-10-shirt-and-leo-said-no-1027754

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/09/lionel-messi-rejects-neymars-gesture-as-psg-offer-new-shirt-number-15063368/
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by ThothHermes: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
ceejay10:
seems you have comprehension issues. Even after reading the post you still can't decipher CR7 is a brand outside football. Nobody pressured Edi. He willingly gave it. Even if he didn't nothing will happen. Ronaldo waited for Raul to vacate 7 at Madrid. He wore 9 while Raul was wearing 7. Rain didn't fall. But you can continue to cry more than the bereaved. Awon midget fanboys.
He was pressured.

Ronaldo was not this big when he went Madrid and Raul was a club legend by any standard.
Cavani that fought with Neymar over free kicks and penalties...?
Ta... He had no choice in the matter.
Penaldo could have rejected it, but we know he won't. Watch how he will come and start fighting with Bruno Fernandez for penalties now.
He has to pad those goals.
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by DesChyko: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
CR7 is a brand. It's understandable for it to continue.

Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by adonaimart(m): 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
Chelsea my club don de prepare bad belle soup with plenty atawewe for Ronaldo..

Ol boy run o, runnn

grin grin grin

One love sha
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by lasthero: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dahbossng:
Uuu

Same interface with nairaland.

Be unique and standout.
I have never seen any nairaland clone sites that lasted up to a year.

Users will always get tired of the clone and visit the original
Re: Manchester United Fans Praise Cavani For Giving Up His Number 7 Shirt To Ronaldo by Teacher1776(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kingpele:

Neymar never offer to give Messi his no 10 jersey. After all he's the biggest and most expensive star in that club. As for Rolando, the CR7 is a brand. and could affect his other businesses should he relinquish it. It's not being proud. It's who he is. We should all pray to be in such a position where we can call be shots and have excellent bargaining powers. It is called GRACE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Nigerian Fans Ask Me For Money Instead Of Autographs – Alex Iwobi / Alex Iwobi Reacts To Report About Leaving Arsenal / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Arrive In Madrid For El Clasico (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.