Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested (56353 Views)

LASU Prof. Tajudeen Olumoko Dismissed Over ‘Result Racketeering’ / Joshua Agboola: Meet 9-year-old Who Developed A Website For His School. / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
I am not sure, but the thing is

1.How does the guy claim that they changed his results 'like that'

I am sorry , and I am ready to be proven wrong...but I am going to believe JAMB. The guy probably expected a higher score than usual...and is disappointed he did not get a higher score. JAMB has shown him the evidence, and he does not believe it.

Especially as the guy had no documentary evidence, no proof, no prntouts or anything...but just his 'word' JAMB has the proof.

Initially, the boy was given few minutes to “come clean” in a closed session with his father and lawyers about the results he was parading but insisted that his original score from the examination was 380.

After going back and forth, the board tendered evidence to counter the claim by John and his legal representatives.

At the Friday meeting, documentary evidence tendered by the board showed that John actually scored 265 not the 380 he had claimed.

Above is from the article.

Also, does UI require further math's for admission into medicine? That's strange....times have changed.

Modified

More information has come to light.

1.The guy saved his sister's number as the JAMB update number

2.He then used his sister's phone to send fake jamb results to his phone.

3.He then passed off the fake JAMB results as his real results...and since the results showed up under the 'jamb' number...

4.His reason was that he really wanted to get his course...and thought it would be the best route...by lying.

So, JAMB was telling the truth.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
GasAndOilTheory:
JAMB SHOULD BE SCRAPED
It has outlived it's relevance

That means that universities would have more power in choosing applicants for admission which would lead to opportunities for bias and nepotism.

Then you would cry for JAMB to come back.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by GasAndOilTheory(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
Modrov:

That means that universities would have more power in choosing applicants for admission which would lead to opportunities for bias and nepotism.

Then you would cry for JAMB to come back.

My stand still remain, JAMB IS FLAWED. JAMB SHOULD BE SCRAPED
IT HAS OUTLIVED ITS SIGNIFICANCE

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Tkingg(m): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2021
Beeing an Entrepreneur is not easy, after looking for marketable idea, planning and market research follows then sourcing for capital and hiring begin. If the entrepreneur is lucky he or she will move to stage two called business building.

Next, is to try every possible means to get customers, sometimes entrepreneur will find their target customers while other time it might not be so, driving the business to its end.

Entrepreneur is a call and a journey, sorrounded by failure and success, that's why Entrepreneurship is not for the faint hearted or what do you say to someone that lost about 2000 birds to Newcastle Disease Virus or an Importer that lost million worth of goods to Custom Officers.

Entrepreneur is hard, it is not advisable to go it alone, you will want to share your pain from a lost of contract, success from business boom, but people around will not understand, they don't know the feeling of having mood swing countless time a day base on the status of business.

What if I tell you the door is now open for you to associate with like minded, people that can relate with your story; your failure and success.

Startuppreneur.com.ng was created for this purpose to serve as home where you could always return to no matter the outcome of your business activities.

If you are ready to share your business story and learn from other story visit www.startuppreneur.com.ng to register.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 03, 2021
GasAndOilTheory:

Okay...but don't complain about what replaces it.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
Modrov:

I am sorry , and I am ready to be proven wrong...but I am going to believe JAMB. The guy probably expected a higher score than usual...and is disappointed he did not get a higher score. JAMB has shown him the evidence, and he does not believe it.

Especially as the guy had no documentary evidence, no proof, no prntouts or anything...but just his 'word' JAMB has the proof.

Also, does UI require further math's for admission into medicine? That's strange....times have changed.

I wouldn't have believed too if I didn't see for myself too. I also wrote jamb this year and although I didn't have multiple results (I got still check am again cos I no trust jamb again), I have friends who experienced such. I even saw the screenshots of the messages sent to Edu by jamb.
He sent an sms to jamb when the results came out. The first result they sent was 380, then they sent the second one which was 365 and sent the last one which was 265. It happened to several people. I don't know if it was incompetence or system error but it's just disheartening

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dabyes:

I wouldn't have believed too if I didn't see for myself too. I also wrote jamb this year and although I didn't have multiple results (I got still check am again cos I no trust jamb again), I have friends who experienced such. I even saw the screenshots of the messages sent to Edu by jamb.
He sent an sms to jamb when the results came out. The first result they sent was 380, then they sent the second one which was 365 and sent the last one which was 265. It happened to several people. I don't know if it was incompetence or system error but it's just disheartening

If that's the case...that is bad.

Like I said...I also want to give JAMB the benefit of the doubt ...but let's be honest, funny things do happen

Having said that...he should have come with printouts, and documentary proof. (and maybe screenshots) Because as things stand, JAMB has shown him the documents, and they prove he got 265.

As a student in university, I wrote a test, expecting to score 50% at least. I got 20%. That time, I knew I wasn't as intelligent as i thought (I still eventually passed the course..but it was tough going!) Expectation can be different from reality.

9 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by tarantino1: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
I want to believe this guy but there is something not clicking in this story.

The first two occurrences was enough for him to immediately screenshot or print out his result as proof should Jamb do his dirty like they did the previous years.

And secondly, there are multiple cases of people scoring over 300+ in jamb for the past 5 years or so. What makes his case so special that Jamb would target him for three years in a row? This shït isn’t adding up.

7 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
Modrov:

If that's the case...that is bad.

Like I said...I also want to give JAMB the benefit of the doubt ...but let's be honest, funny things do happen

Having said that...he should have come with printouts, and documentary proof. (and maybe screenshots) Because as things stand, JAMB has shown him the documents, and they prove he got 265.

As a student in university, I wrote a test, expecting to score 50% at least. I got 20%. That time, I knew I wasn't as intelligent as i thought (I still eventually passed the course..but it was tough going!) Expectation can be different from reality.

Yeah, funny things do happen especially in this country. Actually, people advised him to forfeit the matter because you can't predict what would happen but I guess his father was insistent.
I just pray they release him for us. Jamb is not everything. He is very good academically and I'm sure he will go places with or without jamb. He should consider this as one of life's test.
Since, once you score 320+ in jamb, you are considered a criminal

6 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Dabyes(f): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
tarantino1:
I want to believe this guy but there is something not clicking in this story.

The first two occurrences was enough for him to immediately screenshot or print out his result as proof should Jamb do his dirty like they did the previous years.

And secondly, there are multiple cases of people scoring over 300+ in jamb for the past 5 years or so. What makes his case so special that Jamb would target him for three years in a row? This shït isn’t adding up.

He actually screenshot the sms sent to him by jamb and that was his evidence. They claimed that he said he saved his sister number as 55019 and sent the messages to his phone since he didn't meet his desired mark. They said he intended to use it to get his course. Just imagine the nonsense jamb is vomiting in order to cover it up. Tell me, does any university accept sms as jamb results? So what reason would he have to forge the sms?
And I'm sure he's not the first person this has happened to. He just spoke out, that's his "crime". Most people that had 300+ this year had multiple results.
After checking your results and you see one thing, when you go to print it out, you'll see another thing.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Malawian(m): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
Is this that same boy of last year or so that had this same issue with Jamb? If he is, by Moses, what is he still doing in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by cooooooks(m): 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
Clap for yourself.

aribisala0:
If you have nothing sensible to say then shut your mouth

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by 7victor(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
It is like what happened to me when I was doing MSc.

I put my phone on a wall close to where I was writing the first semester exams.

One external supervisor came and asked who got the phone.

I foolishly said it was my phone.

He then turned the back of my exams card and showed me where it was written that students should not so much as come into exams hall with phone.

All my 5 courses of the first semester were cancelled and I was asked to write them again.

That automatically meant my set passed me and I had to write the courses with a new set of students who would be admitted the next year.

It was one of the worst things to happen to me academically.

I wrote the courses the next year and scored "A" in all the courses.

The previous ones I wrote,I didn't score as good as these last ones.

But guess what: After my external examination, when I was about to collect my statement of result,I discovered the school was using the scores for the exams they cancelled, and not the second scores which were the authentic ones and which would have made me have a first class.

The scores for the exams they cancelled are the ones that are used in my MSc transcript.

Just because they don't want me to have a first class in my MSc

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
GasAndOilTheory:

Scrapped without a plan. ? Just scrapped?

even the Naira has outlived its usefulness

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by idahme(m): 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
LifeMapEmpire:
Who do we now believe? With his consistent high scores, we may conclude dude is a smart student!!!

You may not be incorrect.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by idahme(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
7victor:
It is like what happened to me when I was doing MSc.

I put my phone on a wall close to where I was writing the first semester exams.

One external supervisor came and asked who got the phone.

I foolishly said it was my phone.

He then turned the back of my exams card and showed me where it was written that students should not so much as come into exams hall with phone.

All my 5 courses of the first semester were cancelled and I was asked to write them again.

That automatically meant my set passed me and I had to write the courses with a new set of students who would be admitted the next year.

It was one of the worst things to happen to me academically.

I wrote the courses the next year and scored "A"s in all the courses.

The previous ones I wrote,I didn't score as good as these last ones.

But guess what: After my external examination, when I was about to collect my statement of result,I discovered the school was using the scores for the exams they cancelled, and not the second scores which were the authentic ones and which would have made me have a first class.

The scores for the exams they cancelled are the ones that are used in my MSc transcript.

Just because they don't want me to have a first class in my MSc

It's our duty to correct the ills going on in society, it'd your duty to correct this anomaly. I can't allow this go away if i was in this scenario.

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Rickmann: 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sixsigmahub:
Update from

There was mild drama at the headquarters of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board(JAMB) Bwari, FCT as a 19 year – old candidate in the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, Chinedu Ifesinachi John, who accused the board of altering his original score of 380 was handed over to the Police for investigation.

John had claimed he scored 380 in the examination conducted in June and was surprised to receive 265 from the board after the results were released, [url][/url] reports.

After several enquiries, 265 kept appearing as his score as against the 380 score.

Following the alleged “alteration” of the UTME score, his father, John Ifenkpam approached an Enugu – based lawyer, Ikeazor Akaiwe, who wrote to JAMB for another opportunity for the boy to retake the examination and demanded N1 billion as damages.

The lawyer said in an official letter addressed to the board that the N1 billion was to cover for the physical and emotional trauma the boy had been through from being offered “two separate scores from 2019 – 2021.”

Master John claimed that his UTME scores from 2019 till 2021 had been “altered” by the board, thereby denying him the opportunity to study his desired course – medicine.

According to [url][/url], on Friday, the candidate, his father and lawyers traveled down to Abuja from Enugu state following an invitation from the management of the board led by the Registrar of JAMB, Prof Is – haq Oloyede.

Initially, the boy was given few minutes to “come clean” in a closed session with his father and lawyers about the results he was parading but insisted that his original score from the examination was 380.

After going back and forth, the board tendered evidence to counter the claim by John and his legal representatives.

At the Friday meeting, documentary evidence tendered by the board showed that John actually scored 265 not the 380 he had claimed.

Oloyede accused the candidate of result tempering, adding that he will be handed over to the police for investigation and subsequently prosecuted.

The registrar said John was among 11 eleven other candidates who allegedly forged their results that the board would prosecute.

He said the original result issued to John would be withdrawn pending the end of the investigation.

The registrar said: “We will give you five minutes for your child to tell you the truth. If he doesn’t tell you the truth and come back we will show you what your son has done and hand him over to the police.

“Who is helping you to do it? How much did he pay; if you don’t tell your father the truth we will hand you over to the police and you must be prosecuted.

“We have 11 of them who tampered with their results. Two of them are already being prosecuted.

“The remaining ones we are going to withdraw their results and prosecute them. The main purpose is to sanitise the system, including our own staff.

“There was never any communication of 380 with this boy. Because this boy has accused JAMB, we are going to withhold his result until the investigation is concluded. We are going to request that our interactions with him be subjected to the public.

“As far as I am concerned I am reporting you to the IG now except you tell me who helped you to commit this crime.”

The registrar said the boy needed redemption with the crimes he had allegedly “committed.”

He also said a team of security agents would visit Enugu state to arrest members of a tutorial group the boy confessed to belong to.

According to Oloyede, tutorial owners are at the heart of examination malpractice in the country, saying the board would not relent in fighting them.

His lawyer, Ikeazor, appealed to the board to give room for further investigation.

He said: “I will not stand against investigation. Let there be investigation but what I will not agree to is to prejudge him.”

John had said: “The result I have been receiving is not the result I am entitled to. I wrote the first JAMB in 2019.

“The first time they sent 328 later I saw 278 score when I checked it. I printed it. I couldn’t meet up for admission that year. I wanted to study medicine and surgery at the University of Ibadan.

“In 2020 the same thing happened. I scored 343 by the time I went to the portal to print I saw 306. I used the 306 and it gave me admission in UI. But because I didn’t have further mathematics I had to forfeit it.

“I decided to leave medicine and surgery for them in 2021 so I picked petroleum engineering. In 2021, JAMB issued me two results. I saw 380 the first time I checked then the second I saw 265.”

https:///19-years-old-boy-who-sued-jamb-for-n1billion-handed-over-to-police/

Something tells me this boy might be telling the truth...the system is full of shit already, everything is porous in this country and can be adulterated..It's only a confident and intelligent chap of a boy that I'll have such boldness to face Jamb.

I stand with him.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by 7victor(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
idahme:

It's our duty to correct the ills going on in society, it'd your duty to correct this anomaly. I can't allow this go away if i was in this scenario.

Thank you.

It is true.

Some people told me that if they were the ones, they would have taken up the matter.

But for now, I am not pressing further because what is in my transcript is good enough to allow me do a PhD in any University.

But I will still meet the management of the school on the issue when I have time.

I am no longer in the state where the University is located.

When I have time and enter there,I will surely meet them on the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by aribisala0(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
What is difficult to understand is why after communicating to him that he scored X JAMB turns around to say he scored Y

Why would JAMB do that ?
Why?

If JAMB had an ulterior motive why not just tell him from the beginning he scored Y

If JAMB had done that what could he do?

Somehow his story does not add up and I do not believe it

Why would JAMB do this ? To what end? Who benefits?

7 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by idahme(m): 11:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
7victor:

Thank you.

It is true.

Some people told me that if they were the ones, they would have taken up the matter.

But for now, I am not pressing further because what is in my transcript is good enough to allow me do a PhD in any University.

But I will still meet the management of the school on the issue when I have time.

I am no longer in the state where the University is located.

When I have time and enter there,I will surely meet them on the issue.

Try, you will know the importance of that grade if you ever chase a Ph.D. Scholarship anywhere in the World. Another reason to do it is for posterity's sake so that another person in the future doesn't have to go through what you went through, it's selflessness at its peak. Good luck in your endeavour.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by 7victor(m): 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
idahme:

Try, you will know the importance of that grade if you ever chase a Ph.D. Scholarship anywhere in the World. Another reason to do it is for posterity's sake so that another person in the future doesn't have to go through what you went through, it's selflessness at its peak. Good luck in your endeavour.

Ok.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by ppogba: 12:28am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Good Analysis.

The point where he said UI requires Further Maths to study Medicine makes the whole story intriguing to me. I doubt that fact seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by OGWILLS123: 12:48am On Sep 04, 2021
Lamasta:
For the father of the boy to come out and sue JAMB means that the boy is brilliant so JAMB should tell us where the boy's mark is desappearing to

maybe snake as swallow it sad.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Babalola0920: 2:11am On Sep 04, 2021
How can he tampered with his own results
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by BigYash: 2:13am On Sep 04, 2021
Lawyer suppose get evidence before he sue jambscam. So,thiefy thiefy jamb just dey try cover up their mess. Na Falz papa and that Ozekhomen or what they call him, I dey like handle this kind case. He for carry like 10 lawyer follow body ,use 500m settle lawyers ,them pocket 500m.. Na the 1billion just dey my mind sha cool

1 Like

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Haakeem(m): 6:07am On Sep 04, 2021
With this your fake story hope you have read the updated news? The guy later confessed that he was the one that forge the result and he is even pleading for mercy....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by mu2sa2: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2021
All the abracadabra results from the south are being busted. Kudos to the current Jamb management.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2021
Update: The boy has confessed it was fake

.”
However, the candidate later confessed after the Board discovered that he saved his sister’s number on his phone as 55019 and used the phone to send the fake result to his phone.

When he send such results they come as 55019.

He pleaded for mercy that he had to do that when the result he got was not up to what could give him his desired program

Source: Vanguard

Somehow, I knew it was fake.
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by BabbanBura(m): 6:59am On Sep 04, 2021
What happened to remarking his scripts? This will lay to rest the whole matter instead of involving police when you haven't even done the simplest basic checks!!
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2021
Wow
Re: Chinedu John: 19-Year-Old Who Sued JAMB For N1 Billion Over Result Arrested by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2021
BabbanBura:
What happened to remarking his scripts? This will lay to rest the whole matter instead of involving police when you haven't even done the simplest basic checks!!

The candidate has confessed that it was all faked.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American University Of Nigeria's New Hostel In Pictures / Viola-nuela Echebima: Lawyer Who Is A Double First Class Holder - Pictures / A Nairalander Visits The World's Coolest Library In China, Shares Her Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.