Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC (15450 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape / US Police Officers Give Motorists N57,000 Each As Christmas Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by makizee(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2021
This is the interior of a Modern Vehicle, it has automated driving, one can even leave the steering wheel for a certain amount of time, once you get into the car, it recognises your phone and with voice command, you can reject or answer those calls, it will give you directions to wherever you are heading, you actually just talk to the car, accidents are mostly caused in Nigeria because of over speeding and bad roads, I doubtFRSC has a record of any accident because one driver had his earpiece on. This announcement by them is just another avenue to rip people off. Enforce speed limit laws, make the roads good, road signage and safety infrastructures are needed, not this. If going by their logic, then radios in cars should be made illegal too because you can be listening to ax programme or song and that takes away "Total Concentration" from driving too.
Analogue leaders in a digital age sir, modern cars have in built phone call receivers, one doesn't even needs a ear piece to receive or make phone calls.

2 Likes

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by simple250: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2021
How will you arrest offenders when it's not written under the law .idiots
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by anambraamaka: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2021
Of course, it is distraction
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Goldenheart(m): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2021
grin
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Demmtek(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2021
who are the people making this policy, so using car inbuilt handsfree will be a crime very soon too.
always looking for ways to milk the citizens.
imagine taskforce telling me to bring 150k to Bail the car that was towed on my street in front of mu House.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Tzar(m): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2021
How about motorists with inbuilt Bluetooth speakers & microphone. Archaic foolish people!!!!
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by phemmyfour: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2021
Charmingrascal:
How can you be driving with your earpiece on.

It is wrong and 6 months jail is not too much
Wireless bro, only activated when receiving a call......leave that stone age
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I dey connect my phone Bluetooth with my car Bluetooth.

So I no dey break any law when making a call, unless them go say make I no dey talk at all.

Even then, it is still risky.

Me, if a call comes in while I am driving, I ignore. And then when I have parked, I call you back. If you complain, I tell you simply...I was on the road...and people will understand immediately. (Infact i got a call from a superior at work when I was on the road. I first found a safe place to park and then returned the call, and then explained to the senior that I was on the road...and he understood).

There are a lot of bad accidents that have happened because people are distracted by their phones. Some years ago..a man got paralysed from the neck down just because of one split minute decision to take a call while driving. Before he died reccently...he warned people not to use their phones while driving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2021
makizee:
This is the interior of a Modern Vehicle, it has automated driving, one can even leave the steering wheel for a certain amount of time, once you get into the car, it recognises your phone and with voice command, you can reject or answer those calls, it will give you directions to wherever you are heading, you actually just talk to the car, accidents are mostly caused in Nigeria because of over speeding and bad roads, I doubtFRSC has a record of any accident because one driver had his earpiece on. This announcement by them is just another avenue to rip people off. Enforce speed limit laws, make the roads good, road signage and safety infrastructures are needed, not this. If going by their logic, then radios in cars should be made illegal too because you can be listening to ax programme or song and that takes away "Total Concentration" from driving too.
Analogue leaders in a digital age sir, modern cars have in built phone call receivers, one doesn't even needs a ear piece to receive or make phone calls.

Well, they would tolerate it...so long as you are not using your earphones.....
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by stanislaus67(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2021
limcar:

https://punchng.com/motorists-driving-with-earphones-risk-six-months-in-jail-frsc/
Mttcheeeeew! These ppl don't know most road accidents are caused by FLIES! IJIJI
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Tzar:
How about motorists with inbuilt Bluetooth speakers & microphone. Archaic foolish people!!!!

Well, those aren't earphones.

Plus if you are taking a call while driving...park somewhere first.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by sucess001(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Senselessness.
So they should also ban listening to radio na...what's the difference.

So if I connect call to car Bluetooth nko? You go arrest me?

You see the thinking pattern of the people in govt? That's why Nigeria is where it is
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2021
How TF does any reasonable person drive with headphones. Such person should be locked up for longer.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by bluefilm: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Good move.

Why will somebody want to risk their lives and the lives of others too?

1 Like

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Me, if a call comes in while I am driving, I ignore. And then when I have parked, I call you back. If you complain, I tell you simply...I was on the road...and people will understand immediately. (Infact i got a call from a superior at work when I was on the road. I first found a safe place to park and then returned the call, and then explained to the senior that I was on the road...and he understood).

There are a lot of bad accidents that have happened because people are distracted by their phones. Some years ago..a man got paralysed from the neck down just because of one split minute decision to take a call while driving. Before he died reccently...he warned people not to use their phones while driving.
Thank you for this advise.

But, I never knew is risky, picking my call through even after connecting my phone Bluetooth with the car own, i can pick and cut the call through some buttons on the car steering wheel.

2 Likes

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by JBoss25(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Omo no dey scare me like this na
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Hespee93: 10:49am On Sep 04, 2021
You people sshould just be ready to have millions of Nigerians youths in prison because 90 of us always with either ear pies of earpod.

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by byteem: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Foolish Road Safety Commission (F.R.S.C.), they should also impose 1 year in jail for listening to our radio, Zombies.

Please tell those idiots.. they should ban radio and ban music in cars too after all it is a major distraction fools no sense.. if I have an ear piece it's fine .. I can talk and drive .. it's no Biggie what I need is my eyes and hands.. they should also ban navigation tools too .. distractions ABI .. eediiots
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Keep ignoring calls until the day you ignore the call that’s made to warn you of danger around your destination.

4 Likes

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

Keep ignoring calls until the day you ignore the call that’s was made to warn you of danger around your destination.

Which is why sometimes I park before taking the call.... smiley
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Well, those aren't earphones.

Plus if you are taking a call while driving...park somewhere first.

The moment you park police or lastma will coman arrest you for illegal parking.

2 Likes

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by tayoccu(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Which is why sometimes I park before taking the call.... smiley

When you park police , road safety, lastma and their kin will come arrest you for illegal parking.

2 Likes

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

The moment you park police or lastma will coman arrest you for illegal parking.

Then keep driving till you find a designated parking spot.

It is because you guys have not seen people involved in accidents from taking a call while driving...that's why you are busy grumbling. These rules are made for your safety.

From the usa

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
Nearly 390,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
Texting while driving causes a 400 percent increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.
94 percent of drivers support a ban on texting while driving.
74 percent of drivers support a ban on hand-held cell phone use.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2021
tayoccu:

When you park police , road safety, lastma and their kin will come arrest you for illegal parking.

Well, in all the time I have done that in the FCT, no one has come to arrest me. I pull over on the side, in a safe and suitable spot, and take my call.

I also once used my phone while driving, disregarding my own rules, and nearly got into a bad accident.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by femlad97(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2021
This thing is useful 4 the northerner againt high way bandit/kinappers
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Munzy14(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2021
Charmingrascal:
How can you be driving with your earpiece on.

It is wrong and 6 months jail is not too much
I swear it sounded stupid to know some do it...When a vehicle is structured on horn blaring to detect issues...

It should be 5years sef.

2 Likes

Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by seunayantokun(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2021
What do you expect from people who just take instructions from Garba Shehu up and down without using their own mind.

In Europe, your phone is connected or fitted and wirelessly connected to your car's dashboard so that you can use your map for navigation, make and receive calls. And, when it comes to traffic matters, you've got more stringent measures over there. FRSC needs to grow up, please.
Re: Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2021
seunayantokun:
What do you expect from people who just take instructions from Garba Shehu up and down without using their own mind.

In Europe, your phone is connected or fitted and wirelessly connected to your car's dashboard so that you can use your map for navigation, make and receive calls. And, when it comes to traffic matters, you've got more stringent measures over there. FRSC needs to grow up, please.

Well, most Nigerian car owners don't have that type of car ...so the warning is still in order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World’s First Self-driving Race Car Completes Hillclimb Without A Driver In It / Car Battery / Police Impound 22 Cars In Abuja, Arrest 4 Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.