Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies (25464 Views)

LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies / Sowore: Don't We Get Tired Of Punishment People Who Vote APC Love Suffering / NASS Landlords: Lawmakers Who Have Spent 20 Years In Senate, House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
Trustnoman4life:
mugu
You be Religious junkie ..
You must be hallucinating from an expired dose of your Religious opium .
The religious opium I take has you trailing me from thread to thread because you envy me.
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Tomahawk99(m): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
Style007:
lol i remember this Apo roundabout up stone
grin Badt guy you
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by enigmang: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2021
Is it not better to legalize it and earn taxes from it. Than what is happening now were everyone who wants to get wee has free access to it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Hotzone(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2021
No gun legalization yet criminals has it more than armed forces, people smoke Igbo more even the arrested drug dealers will be released once money exchanged hands. What we need is weed regulation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The religious opium I take has you trailing me from thread to thread because you envy me.
This one don really take expired Religious opium.
Ode .

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by anambraamaka: 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ima kwusim ise Gae
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by 6ixT8: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
NDLEA is a useless set of organisation. The claimed to be fighting drugs. Yet every hood you go, you would likely see adolescents abusing it. The should better focus on curbing from the teenagers, cis in the near future it would take over.

Meanwhile. In a country like naija. Weed is where many youth find solace to numb the numerous problems of the country.

Regulate and monetize it. Dazzall!
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by fkj950ax(m): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hes was appointed NDLEA boss, not INEC duties.
How can he make a public statement in an assertive manner regarding what voters will do?

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Eryyy92: 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
chiiraq802:
Whether they legalize it or not. I go continue to drag AZ wetin no good.
For it is cap "it is not illegal unless you get caught".
are you schooling in RSU? Or did you graduate from there?
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by chiiraq802(m): 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
Eryyy92:
are you schooling in RSU? Or did you graduate from there?

Nah I'm a PH boy. but we don rigmarole those APs

Why you asking
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by fkj950ax(m): 11:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

All what he said made sense.
There are Lot of psychiatric cases in the hospital because of weed

Ammishaddai:
Why not make research and see if the THC thing he mentioned is for real or not ... undecided

I appreciate your comments, and did a bit more research after your comments and will like to kindly ask that we all cascade the points listed in the link I posted (screenshot as a preview) to see that cannabis is not as harmful and a disaster as the whole world thinks of it.

I have also looked at California that has legalized its sale, growing and distribution, to see if all the nuances we have about it exacerbated after legalization. The answer is no.

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects.html

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 11:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
[s]
fkj950ax:

I appreciate your comments, and did a bit more research after your comments and will like to kindly ask that we all cascade the points listed in the link I posted (screenshot as a preview) to see that cannabis is not as harmful and a disaster as the whole world thinks of it.

I have also looked at California that has legalized its sale, growing and distribution, to see if all the nuances we have about it exacerbated after legalization. The answer is no.

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects.html
[/s] California legalizes same sex marriage and sees nothing wrong with it ,so does than mean we should do the same because we think they're more advanced than us ? Certainly not .

Cannabis THC levels are still being researched and it's too soon to give it a thumbs up just because it has minor health benefits
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by fkj950ax(m): 12:07am On Sep 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] California legalizes same sex marriage and sees nothing wrong with it ,so does than mean we should do the same because we think they're more advanced than us ? Certainly not .

Cannabis THC levels are still being researched and it's too soon to give it a thumbs up just because it has minor health benefits

Same sex and Cannabis are not the same thing.
All you have done is to throw sand in everyone's eyes. Stay on the issue. Don't muddy the water with same sex marriage.

My reference to California is the fact that cannabis is legalized and there is no record of increased negative effect on the residents of California.
This is where Marwa misses the assignment.

There is a growing move to revisit mass incarcerated Americans from cannabis use, possession to be pardoned and freed, and already inmates are being freed. Even laws are in parliaments to achieve this on a large scale.

If I should borrow your logic, so because California and so many countries are going green, we should not do the same? Let us continue using fossil fuel.
Or we should leave 5G and stay with CDMA?
Or we should not adjust our curriculum and keep teaching kids there are only 9 planets?

2 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Noctis(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Weather legalized or No legalize I get my source.
My guy move to Canada and be smoking in front of police.
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2021
fkj950ax:

Same sex and Cannabis are not the same thing.
All you have done is to throw sand in everyone's eyes. Stay on the issue. Don't muddy the water with same sex marriage.

My reference to California is the fact that cannabis is legalized and there is no record of increased negative effect on the residents of California.
This is where Marwa misses the assignment.

There is a growing move to revisit mass incarcerated Americans from cannabis use, possession to be pardoned and freed, and already inmates are being freed. Even laws are in parliaments to achieve this on a large scale.

If I should borrow your logic, so because California and so many countries are going green, we should not do the same? Let us continue using fossil fuel.
Or we should leave 5G and stay with CDMA?
Or we should not adjust our curriculum and keep teaching kids there are only 9 planets?
The analogy is still in relation with the topic because your previous post turned California to the legal the mouthpiece of Nigeria's CDC(Since we don't have a mind of our own abi?) .
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Cousin9999: 12:14am On Sep 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're quick to highlight the benefits . Why not highlight the negative effects and see if they outweigh the positives impacts cannabis will have on the Nigerian society

I support legalization in medical use under the guidance of a trained physician.

I do not support legalization of recreational drugs.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by fkj950ax(m): 12:17am On Sep 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The analogy is still in relation with the topic because your previous post turned California to the legal the mouthpiece of Nigeria's CDC(Since we don't have a mind of our own abi?) .

Sorry I quoted you at all. I wanted a matured discussion, but this is disappointing.

You are right on all counts
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 05, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

I wanted to quit talking back to a dumb head but lemme respond again .
What did you mean by yping users.
I posted a picture proof from the same CDC website about the benefits of cannabis and you are still Religiously blinded or unexposed to see reality as it is.
Are you saying the Nigerian government can't implement those same strong rules here as in places where it is legal .
If other countries have strong use on selling them why depriving the masses because of your perceived believe that the government can't regulate its use .
How effective have the implementation on the Illegallizing of cannabis been.
with celebrities and boys at motor parks smoking it (even some souljas they smoke ganja) .
With ganja being smoked almost everwhere how can we say the fight to stop cannabis smoking in Nigeria is not a waste .
Is marijuana not a herb ?
Must the Bible mention it in particular ?
Why don't they ban all the herbs since the Bible doesn't mention them in particular.
Do you expect people to not mordernise ways in using herbs ? Marijuana is being mordernised today to the point that it is mixed to get other medical drugs .
Some people boil it(ganja) and drink only the water .
Abi is drinking boiled marijuana also eating .
Get sense or get lost.

No point was made, you are typing like a weed head.

The fact that they can not control the illegal use or enforce the law against smoking marijuana, what then make you think that decriminalization of marijuana will suddenly solve all the problems concerning the use of the drug.

People have been illegally using marijuana for smoking and getting high, why then they didn't think about the medicinal aspect of it.

I have never seen any marijuana user in Nigeria trying to use marijuana for medicine, rather to get high and rob people of their belongings.

And lastly, the bible said herbs and not weed and what are herbs used for? medicinal purpose, flavoring and garnishing food not smoking to get high.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by niggadee(m): 12:18am On Sep 05, 2021
Those scruffy youth will misuse it make dey no legalised am
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 12:22am On Sep 05, 2021
Cousin9999:

I support legalization in medical use under the guidance of a trained physician.

I do not support legalization of recreational drugs.

That wont be bad .
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 05, 2021
Trustnoman4life:

Hypocrite .
Who be druggie ?
They (CDC ) are misinforming the public in their write up that report ( CDC report )is on before adult cannabis users and over dose users of cannabis .
You sound like a pessimist however .
Modified
This is a below statement from CDC saying more research needs to be done that is to say they are not sure of what they are saying .

You are the druggie. You really don't know what you are typing.

The center for disease control and prevention is the national public health agency in the United states and whatecer research they do is of high quality.

From the post the posted, The CDC specifically wrote that there ìs limited evidence that marijuana is used to treat chronic pain. That shows that marijuana does not cure pain
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Totilopussylick(m): 1:31am On Sep 05, 2021
Noctis:

My guy move to Canada and be smoking in front of police.
In my area, we and police men share smoke.

Garki 2 Abuja.

Garki police station.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 05, 2021
Marwa is the "wrongest" person for DG of a drug laws enforcement agency. For goodness sake he was a brigadier general. When he was the last governor of Lagos before Jagaban took over, and Marwa actually destroyed everything. His airline business was a disaster. What else has this man done successfully? So, this is the man who will start educating one about it? Imagine this illiterate stands beside Akeredolu of Ondo and they debate it. Akeredolu will slam him against and again. An illiterate who went to the barracks, rose up as a result of ethical favoritism, because governor of states cos he was just a soldier, booted put of the military, and started many companies which arent doing well today.

There are two kinds of weed? The US made a mistake criminalising all in the 70s, but in the real sense, they didnt knk the difference then. But now, we know the difference. The one smoked is not good for the health. I do not believe in getting high. It is bad. But thre is one for other purposes which are exceptionally good for managing certain ailments. This is why it is called medicinal marijuana.

Marwa is only going along the cheap route of maintaining the ban cos he knows he cannot wrote out a plan to help the agency to check manufacturing the bad one and encourage the good one. He has no Capacity of doing it, and it's why he is advocating for not legalizing medicinal marijuana. It is called medicinal marijuana.

We arent advocating for recreational marijuana which get ones high. Yes, many states in US has legalised recreational marijuana but under controlled cultivation. But we arent asking for that in Nigeria. A man who is hooked to recreational marijuana will not see medicinal one as useful. But those who needs it for managing illnesses will benefit so much. The main ingredient in medicinal recreation is CBD. You google it and look at he benefits. Yog cannot get high with it. Yes, there is overdose too just like all other medicines out there, but not gonna get you high.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by KaluwisxPRO: 2:47am On Sep 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This man has a point .

What point? He made no point, not even one reason why Cannnabis is bad for anybody. a clear indication that he knows nothing about the medical use or any other beneficial use of Cannnabis is except extortion it’s users and sellers for their own selfishness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tech Hubs: Anambra Senator Nwoye Vs Lagos Senator Abiru (Pictures) / ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 / Rivers Tribunal: 16 Senators, Reps Petition Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.