Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? (16316 Views)

Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Jacku: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2021
seglabsy:
the reason for this my question is as a result of a lady that i met she said she wanted to teach or train me how to be speaking in tongue, so i was disturbed on whether speaking in tongues is gift from God or they receive training as claimed by this lady.

So bible scholars, share your opinion on this because she is seriously disturbing me.
when next you meet her, tell her to teach you so you'll see the sense behind it and what informs her the language she uses. Then bombard her with questions. Don't chase her away please.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Trustedpronet: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2021
The current speaking in tongue is an occultic language which can not be understood by anybody including the speakers. Oyahkilome use it to sing sef.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by descarado: 11:24am On Sep 05, 2021
Trainable.
Let's stop pretending.
Most so called speaking in tongue are repetitive Hebrew language.
Yep, very hard to believe.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Kay25(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2021
seglabsy:
the reason for this my question is as a result of a lady that i met she said she wanted to teach or train me how to be speaking in tongue, so i was disturbed on whether speaking in tongues is gift from God or they receive training as claimed by this lady.

So bible scholars, share your opinion on this because she is seriously disturbing me.
run away from her run and run that's a familiar spirit..The gift of speaking in tongues is a gift of the spirit and u make utterances as led by th spirit..Listen up if u are not baptised with holyspirt u can not speak in tongues if she teaches u without telling u to get baptised she is operating with a familiar spirt.the gift of tongues is an evidence of holyspirt please and please don't get trained on it receive the holyspirt and the evidence of it would follow.. acts 2 vs 4 says when they were filled with holy ghost they began to speak in tongues not that they were trained to..u don't train for what is a gift..u can only stir it up

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Kingstanding: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2021
Cudeze4:
If she comes to you again. You tell her that speaking in tougue isn't learned but a gift of the Spirit. And if she is doubting, refer her to 1 cor 12:4-11. Na there story go finish. If e no wan end there, LET ME KNOW.
. You make me laugh in Chinese language. If you know wetin you go do?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2021
chatinent:

Yes, it is the gift of the holy spirit as seen on the day of pentecost.

But you see, brother, what is done today, the speaking of unknowledgeable words is pure nonsense and wasn't what was done then.

Unless you want to explain the meaning of rashidi yekini yamaha wa ka susuki from a preacher's mouth.

When people spoke in tongues in ancient times, they spoke one language and people from different cultural backgrounds, languages, and heritage, understood them.

Suppose Paul was in a Hebrew land (with non-Hebrew visitors from around) and spoke Hebrew, of the gift of the spirit, the Greeks, people of Corinth, people of Ephesus, Igbos, Ijaws, Yorubas, etc., understood him! They weren't speaking nonsense! The gift allowed them spread the message far and beyond language barriers...not speaking ecstatic pronouncements of gibberish.

Now I ask you, is what that was done then the same with what we hear and see today?

Have a nice century.
But when they were speaking in tongues it was only understood by the 12 of them , and no outsider understood it.
That's communication with the HOLY SPIRIT and no other man should understand it
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by descarado: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Trustedpronet:
The current speaking in tongue is an occultic language which can not be understood by anybody including the speakers. Oyahkilome use it to sing sef.
I agree with you.

Don't forget they learn Hebrew language.
You see some repetitive stuffs pastors say?
That's Hebrew and can be as simple as you are blessed, receive it etc.

If you have been watching Hebrew movies, you will automatically know when they switch to Hebrew

They teach that in Bible school. You must learn how to speak simple Hebrew language. It's language of the spirit according to them.
A pastor opened up about this. He attended Bible school 2 yrs in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Adjovi: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2021
seglabsy:

Speaking in tongues is a gift and a proof of when you're genuinely baptized with the Holy Ghost and Fire (filled with the holy spirit)

Speaking in tongues is not saying rubbish or saying gibberish, a person that is baptized with the Holy Ghost will see the signs by speaking in a new tongue of a language spoken here on earth and if there's anyone from the country around they will clearly understand what you're saying howbeit it's just for a lil while ( when the disciples where filled with the holy spirit they spoke a new tongue and the act 2:5-12 ) in this chapter different people from different tribes where present in Jerusalem then and each man heard them speaking in their own language. This phenomenon also happened in 1906 the azusa Street revival (you can Google it, it is on Wikipedia too) same thing that happend to the disciples in the upper room happened to these people in 1906 in Los Angeles. So speaking in tongues is not saying rubbish like rekereke raka lababosh mangibu Santoribo blah blah blah it is speaking in a defined language. I could remember a time like that. A woman from my church a very old woman and a stark illiterate, when she was filled with the holy spirit she spoke fluent queens English. The founder of the Apostolic faith church, Mrs Florence Crawford, she was present at that azusa Street revival in 1906 when she was filled with the holy spirit she spoke fluent Chinese. So if you're genuinely baptized you'll speak a different language that you have never learnt and you'll speak it fluently that anyone from such country will understand all you say. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by FlipModeSquade(m): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Manifestations of a DELUSIONAL state,by brainwashed religious Fanatics..

Religion is a SCAM.. angry
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Adjovi: 11:32am On Sep 05, 2021
Akuruoulo:

But when they were speaking in tongues it was only understood by the 12 of them , and no outsider understood it.
That's communication with the HOLY SPIRIT and no other man should understand it

Read acts 2 from Vs 5. Several people from different countries understood what the disciples where saying. They each heard them speaking in their language.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by famouscargo4u: 11:38am On Sep 05, 2021
[quote author=Cudeze4 post=105490687][/quote]

What he said in simple terms is that anyone saying anything in church today and cannot be interpreted in known language, it is rubbish!
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2021
See everywhere done burst bro . my first year in school i knew a guy that spoke in (false) tongues lol.. I laugh anytime he does it then, this guy now na yahoo boy and till today when i trip or make a mistake I'm like skalabuushhhh ( one or the guy's favorite word from the tongues thing) . its a gift and can't be learned . even my dad dey try am but i know he's not gifted

2 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Lavish4real(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2021
It’s a gift so please let’s not get it twisted cool
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by phemmyfour: 11:46am On Sep 05, 2021
seglabsy:

It's wrong, not biblical. Speaking in tongue is a gift from God.

Act2:38

Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by candidbabe(f): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2021
My brother speaking in tongues is a gift from the holy Spirit .
But you see that church called Christ embassy, they force the members even the new comers to speak in tongues in every of their Church gathering.

Christianity is a joke in some churches

2 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by ogwuche4u(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2021
seglabsy:

That lady must be from Christ embassy. They are the ones going about with claims of teaching of how to speak In tongues. Far back my uni days, that's how they disturbed the life out of me.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by xamiel4(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2021
chatinent:

But you see, brother, what is done today, the speaking of unknowledgeable words is pure nonsense and wasn't what was done then.

Unless you want to explain the meaning of rashidi yekini yamaha wa ka susuki from a preacher's mouth.

When people spoke in tongues in ancient times, they spoke one language and people from different cultural backgrounds, languages, and heritage, understood them.

Suppose Paul was in a Hebrew land (with non-Hebrew visitors from around) and spoke Hebrew, of the gift of the spirit, the Greeks, people of Corinth, people of Ephesus, Igbos, Ijaws, Yorubas, etc., understood him! They weren't speaking nonsense! The gift allowed them spread the message far and beyond language barriers...not speaking ecstatic pronouncements of gibberish.

Now I ask you, is what that was done then the same with what we hear and see today?

Have a nice century.

1 Corinthians 14:14
New Living Translation
For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don’t understand what I am saying.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Funkybabee(f): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2021
Don't mind her

If you really desires to speak in tongues

Go for wofbi at living faith church

U will receive it from the mouth of the holy spirit
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by dingbang(m): 11:57am On Sep 05, 2021
Na so one girl tell me to leave my church, say she go teach me how to speak in tongues.

I just laughed.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by dingbang(m): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2021
Funkybabee:
Don't mind her

If you really desires to speak in tongues

Go for wofbi at living faith church

U will receive it from the mouth of the holy spirit
taaa!

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Tapout(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
As far as Christianity is concerned, it's a gift. That's why it suprises me when some churches claim to teach people how to speak in tongues. There are also some people that when they want to pray, they will say ijn, and the next thing they are already speaking in tongues till the end of the prayer sad And I'll be like, why not kakuma say the ijn in tongues too. It's just sad that a lot of churches and individuals have made mockery of it. Imagine attending such a church, and everyone around you is speaking in tongues, e go come be like say na you be satan. That experience can lead someone to unnecessarily question his/her faith.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by charixel: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
Is a gift and some people mistook the gibberish you hear in gospel music or churches as speaking in tongues. Nah.

Take a Nigerian that has never been to China speaking or praying in Chinese that's what the real speaking in tongue is and not the ayacha bu Kalila humomomo you hear in gospel music or churches dis days.

It says you speak in another language does "ayacha bu Kalila humomomo" have meaning to you? Hell no. So am very correct with whatever am saying or thinking.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Sheggy13(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
chatinent:

Have a nice century.
That is not only the case oga. Read the Bible very well to fully understand the gift of the speaking in tongues. It's not necessarily a language that people understand as it was on the day of pentecost, rather it's even the contrary. So don't be quick to condemn what people are doing now as not speaking in tongues. Read the book of 1st Corinthians 14 especially verses 1 and 2 so you can understand better. I'll quote verse 2 here for you, See the bolded:

" For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him ; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Giftology84(m): 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
Speaking in tongues is a gift and not trainable

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by plaetton: 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
seglabsy:

It is gibberish.

Gibberish by any other name is still gibberish.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by OfficialSam(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
Do you mean "Agege breados" grin grin grin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by chatinent: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
Lollittaa:

since what they say is rubbish, which one do you now speak? Instead of criticising, ask the Holy Ghost to baptise you with the gift of tongues.
I don't need to speak rubbish to prove a point bro.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Sheggy13(m): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
charixel:
Is a gift and some people mistook the gibberish you hear in gospel music or churches as speaking in tongues. Nah.

Take a Nigerian that has never been to China speaking or praying in Chinese that's what the real speaking in tongue is and not the ayacha bu Kalila humomomo you hear in gospel music or churches dis days.

It says you speak in another language does "ayacha bu Kalila humomomo" have meaning to you? Hell no. So am very correct with whatever am saying or thinking.
Mr man, if that is the case that speaking in tongues always mean a human language like Chinese then explain what Apostle Paul means in 1 Corinthians 14:2, quoted here for you.

" For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him ; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by chatinent: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2021
Your point is?

Sheggy13:

That is not only the case oga. Read the Bible very well to fully understand the gift of the speaking in tongues. It's not necessarily a language that people understand as it was on the day of pentecost, rather it's even the contrary. So don't be quick to condemn what people are doing now as not speaking in tongues. Read the book of 1st Corinthians 14 especially verses 1 and 2 so you can understand better. I'll quote verse 2 here for you, See the bolded:

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by chatinent: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
xamiel4:

1 Corinthians 14:14
New Living Translation
For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don’t understand what I am saying.

The motive of the gifts was to preach the good news and bring people to God. Is the rubbish being done today accomplishing that?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? by Sheggy13(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
chatinent:

I don't need to speak rubbish to prove a point bro.
I've asked you to explain what Apostle Paul means in 1 Corinthians 14:2 but you're running away from that. I thought you're very confident with your explanation of the gift of speaking in tongues. You should pray earnestly for the Holy Spirit baptism as someone advised you instead of condemning what is a mystery to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Christmas Should be Replaced!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.