Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) (50340 Views)

Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat / Jubilation, Dejection Across America After Biden Declared Winner (In Pictures) / A View Inside Zimbabwe Strongman Robert Mugabe's Palatial Home Where He's Being (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Holiness2100: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6733063/margaret-loughrey-said-27million-win#105432965
LOTTO MOTORS: TRAGIC EuroMillions winner Margaret Loughrey splashed out on classic cars to keep beside the new home she never got to live in.

The 56-year-old, who scooped a £27million (€31million) fortune, built a six-bay showroom for the vehicles even though she did not drive.

She was found dead at the £130,000 bungalow where she had been staying temporarily in Strabane, Co Tyrone, on Thursday.

The little house is next door to the showroom and the barrel-roofed converted barn where she planned to live alone.

Police said there were “no suspicious circumstances” after Ms Loughrey’s body was discovered.

Local independent councillor Paul Gallagher, who knew the EuroMillions jackpot winner, said she had been “sometimes a bit off the wall” and “hard to read.”

He told of a sad loss for the town saying she had "a great fortune but she didn’t enjoy it.”

Our pictures reveal the lotto winner, who bagged the colossal £26,863,588.20 fortune in November 2014, had bought a vintage motorbike with sidecar, a vintage VW Campervan, a classic VW Beetle and a vintage Land Rover jeep.

A £70,000 Jaguar XJ50 was also being kept at the property.
The showroom is directly opposite the newly-converted high-end Ballycolman Avenue house, called The Barn, which Ms Loughrey began renovating in 2019.

“She bought it and moved in and she could go into the new house every day to see what they had done.

“The bungalow was only to do her until the house was ready and the sad thing is that the house has been finished now.”
He said he visited the new house and that “it has to be seen to believed.”

"She built a modern-day house with an arched corrugated roof, electronic gates, everything.

'NO EXPENSE SPARED'
“God knows what it cost but there was no expense spared.

“It’s sad that it has been completed. It’s a shame she never got to enjoy it.”

He said the redevelopment of the site had “revamped the area” by turning “an eyesore” into a modern “state of the art” property.

'STRABANE WILL ALWAYS BE HOME'
After matching five numbers and two lucky stars, she said she had plans “to make a lot of people happy.”

She vowed to give £1M to her sister and each of her four brothers and handed out thousands to others.

Asked if she would be moving away from the area, she said: “Strabane will always be home for me."

A year later she was sectioned at Derry’s Gransha Hospital after being told she was “a danger to herself and others.”

Her mental health deteriorating, her weight at one stage plunged to five-and-a-half stone.

'NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME'
Speaking from the secure psychiatric facility in 2014, she said: “They are saying that I am mentally unstable and that I have been for the past 20 years.

“If this is the case, why is there no record of me being treated for any mental illness?

“If I’ve been suffering for the past 20 years, why now?

“I totally disagree with what has happened but no one is listening to me.”

In 2014 she bought the landmark listed building Herdman’s Mill in Sion Mills for £1m with plans to develop it into a hotel.

In the same year, she became caught up in a row with the local Sion Mills Cricket Club after locking them out of their pitch on the 60-acre Mill grounds.

MILLIONS 'STOLEN'

She later came to an agreement to allow it to use the pitch again.

Speaking in 2019, she said her lotto win had “sent her to hell and back”.

She said: “Money has brought me nothing but grief. It has destroyed my life.”

And she said that unnamed people had “stolen millions” from her since she hit the jackpot, saying she had £5M left.

She said: “I regret winning the lottery, of course I do. I was a happy person before. I am a human being and all it has done is destroy my life."

In 2015, she was ordered by a judge to complete 150 hours of community service after she was convicted of assaulting a taxi driver.

MOCKED MAN'S RELIGION
A court heard there had been an alcohol-fuelled incident outside her home.

Last year the millionaire was ordered to pay £30,000 in compensation to a former employee.

Patrick Breslin claimed unfair dismissal and said Ms Loughrey had mocked him for his deep religious faith.

CALL FOR 'WELFARE CARE'
A spokesman for the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said on Thursday: "We were called to an emergency in the Ballycolman area of Strabane at 10.30am this morning.

“No patients were taken from the scene."

Jason Barr, a local SDLP Councillor, said Ms Loughrey “had her ups and downs in life like all of us but hopefully she's at rest now."

I believe the National Lottery and other lottery operators should examine ways of providing longer-term welfare care to vulnerable people after winning large amounts and not just financial advice.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/16045328/euromillions-margaret-loughrey-vintage-car-showroom-tyrone/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2021
She said: “Money has brought me nothing but grief. It has destroyed my life.”
May money not destroy our lives when we finally make it o

298 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Holiness2100: 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2021

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by daddytime(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2021
At the end of it all..." vanity, is true, all vanity"

Help me, oh Lord, to cherish every moment of life's time and appreciate the gift of it's self at all times.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2021
Not all Money is Money!
Whether you believe it or not There are certain monies that will Destroy you. The Source of money is very vital.

All the Monies, Properties, this and that without JESUS is Useless.

Everything we can see and touch is vanity! Not even Biro cover or pin will taken from here.

The Place of your soul in Eternity should be Top Pirioty Irrespective of what you have or who you are.

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by insidelife22(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
See

life

no

balance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by insidelife22(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Oya vanity crew,

food don land oh.

let the preaching begin.

11 Likes

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by GOFRONT(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2021
Vanity has choked this woman up. Too much money has sent this woman to her early grave.......

Try this kind of money with our Nigerian female politicians, after chopping the money, she would drink water and start using toothpick to pick her teeth as if nothing happen.... If I lie, Ask Diezani or Patricia or former aviation minister

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by hybrid11(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2021
So this woman just died without settling any yahoo boys or coming down to Nigeria and marry one 21 to 25years old guy

So no Nigerian inherited her dough Buhari why

33 Likes

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by obonujoker(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
I wonder why Money hasn't killed the like of Gates, Bezos, Musk etc...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2021
Sad embarassed
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Generalwoodz(m): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
E
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by slawormiir: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This life nor fair at all

Upon all the bombing and keyboarding me and my niggarrrrrrrrrs do still we nor see this kind woman

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by inoki247: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
This is the kind of blessings they call Flood of Blessings the blessing fit carry person away nd perish...

Blessing Choke the woman...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by bigdammyj: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Noted
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Nuelito: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Another man's food is another's Poison.

Oluwa ......the kin money wey I dey find na the one wey go bring joy and happiness into my life not sadness oh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by shogsman(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Who's getting the remaining dough now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by BKayy: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
She didn't spend with her sense.
She should have studied Cosimo De Medici
"There is in gardens, a plant which one ought to leave dry. Although most people water it. It is the weed called envy"
No matter what, always resist the urge to make the outside a reflection of your purse.
Cosimo Medici always make the outside look less affluent but the inside very affluent, that is Reflecting his status. This minimises envy and brings peace of mind.
This is exactly what Igbo Businessmen do when trading outside Igboland. Some even sleep in their shops and wear slippers everytime. This is the first thing you learn in Igbo apprenticeship system and these people never studied philosophy

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Enudapan: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

I'm this life they only thing sweeter than making money
Is making more money
That's why I bomb steadily

1 Like

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
Money
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by lightwind(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
I wished i got her
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
Mheen
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by EmmaLege: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
omo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by arejibadz(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
ok
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Dproperties: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by BigDawsNet: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
grin Think Positive
Stay Positive

O ma pure very soon
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
obonujoker:
I wonder why Money hasn't killed the like of Gates, Bezos, Musk etc...

Because Bill gates and co worker hard for their money.

The money didn't just come overnight

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Xscape047: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by FVckbubuDcow: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
From all of us at MANNAvulturegrills we say thunderstorm strike the lifeless bigot in Aso Rock & the asslicking mod that banned my other moniker.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) by Tinax(f): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
hybrid11:
So this woman just died without settling any yahoo boys or coming down to Nigeria and marry one 21 to 25years old guy

So no Nigerian inherited her dough Buhari why
Lozzz shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CNN Fires Don Lemon / Putin Readies Massive Yars Nuclear Missile Capable Of Hitting US And UK ( Pics) / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.