Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) (24866 Views)

PHOTOS: Help, This Person Is Missing For Over A Month Now / Two Hookers Fight Over A Yahoo Boy In Benin Hotel / 'Oh Dollar Was A Yahoo Boy': Police Arrest Killers Of Juliana Imaga, OOU Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by bmdmix11: 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Whether na yahoo boy (young or old) ....or son of a politician.

[img]https://media1./images/f6aa5871607b1c8f9f05b99b53dab74c/tenor.gif?itemid=18210872[/img]

Thief na thief.....Nigeria is a morally bankrupt society!
morally corrupt u mean
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by princemartinsG(m): 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
Even if you are not doing yahoo

I bet you you have a secret thumbscrew

In Nigeria even those who are not into yahoo are into some sort of smart crime

Juanmike:
People like me, if you see the way they look at me every time am leaving my abode with my new wagon, full of hate and envy.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Limassol(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=Tenshades post=105557062Blame it on the society we are in.

The analogic old folks and educated illiterates believe you must have grey hair or struggle for ages like your predecessors before you become rich/wealthy legally.

Envy and hate brew in such people when they see a young fella prosper in the society.

They look for ways to bring that person down, spite and badmouth him/her as long as they feel he/she has to reach a 'certain' old age before 'doing well' in life.

Some people will be like 'when dem born am sef wey him don dey get dat kind money?' grin

Same way they believe anyone who doesn't go out in the morning at 4am and comes back at 11pm daily is into fraud.

They are not exposed to the opportunities on the 'net' so they'll find it strange that young professionals like programmers, animators, copywriters, SEO experts, video editors, online tutors, CPA marketers, Crypto/Forex traders amongst oth [\quote] well said. I pressume you've finally left the country?
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by benqo01(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
When you talk about fraud,other African countries are also into it but the truth is they never expose it to the world.This is to prevent further damages of the country image and also to prevent other legit citizen not to be tagged as fraudstars.

But what our government makes it worst by exposing it to the world where as making it look as if everyone is into fraud.So if the government can look into this it will definitely be of help to other Nigerians who re keeping it legit.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by judinho07(m): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
" i know say money na moral...but do am low key e get y...!!!?
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by DAMN99: 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
That's how I went to buy food in genesis some months back and one guy just approached me and was like, bros abeg show me the way na. I was like which fuckin way Omo see me see wahala o

Secondly I went to buy shoe in mile 1 market, me was trying to price na and the lady was like "shey you be yahoo boy you fit afford am na" I felt one kind

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by TNORWAY: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
seanjy4konji:
whats wrong with sport betabeg talk oooo
nothing is wrong as long as you are careful and not greedy.....don't open unnecessary link claimioto go e you double your money.

Last I heard,the update come with a Lin that the victim will open and fill.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Fabulouslouie(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
Na so me and one man fey argue...
I told him that getting rich in this age need no going to any office but baba say na lie.

Say me I dey support fraud because I be young person

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Limassol(m): 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
emmaebube:
Nigerians both young and old capitalize on crime...
So that's why efcc and co with their full chest would tag someone a yahoo boy and 90 out of 100 times they would be right..
Because the system wasn't designed to make things easy..
Na why police dey get mind do stop ad search because almost everybody na walking suspect..
"the system wasn't design to make things easy". The truest words i heard today, thumbs up man.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Juanmike(m): 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
millionboi:
what do you do 4aliving
Not yahoo
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Juanmike(m): 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
princemartinsG:
Even if you are not doing yahoo

I bet you you have a secret thumbscrew

In Nigeria even those who are not into yahoo are into some sort of smart crime

We all do.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Juanmike(m): 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
mastermaestro:

I would advise you to move out of that neighborhood as soon as possible. A word is enough for the wise. You wonder why the rich don't like living among the poor. It is because of what you just stated. sad sad
you are right, My house is almost complete, would be moving out latest,beginning of next year.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by emmaebube: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
Limassol:
"the system wasn't design to make things easy". The truest words i heard today, thumbs up man.
Thanks man.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:
Once they see a young guy driving a car, dressed in fashion, at home most of the time, using an iPhone, wearing chain, rich and comfortable, they automatically assume he's a Yahoo guy.

Funny enough most old or middle-aged men do this yahoo too. But the Nigerian mentality is that a young person must be wretched because it is not normal even when they are making legit money. And the old means of wealth is justified by their age. What an absolute shit hole!

Do you also profile every young and getting it like that?
Once we know your source of income, what's the fuss again.
In Nigeria, we don't value inputs.
We only value the outputs, the expensive spendings.
A rich person would rush to flash money around..
But when someone asks him what he does, he would start to think that the person is assuming that he is into fraudulent activities.
Ordinary answer like, “I am a software developer”, or “I am a civil engineer in a multinational firm”, or “I am a real estate developer”, “I invest in startups”, they cannot answer.

4 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by mastermaestro(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Juanmike:
you are right, My house is almost complete, would be moving out latest,beginning of next year.

More grace. Finish it and move sharply. Kudos man! smiley smiley
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by DONFASZY(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
Police n effc are harrassing n. Catching dem on a daily nw
Even today

Dem cause traffic draggin yahoo looking boiz to dere sienna
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
I would prefer to be someone whose job adds value to people’s lives, rather than making lots of money yet it adds no value.
That's why I don't do anything that has to do with Money-doubling or betting.
You get lots of money, yet you did practically nothing to gain the money.
I truly deeply hate such money that has no real hustle attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Juanmike(m): 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
mastermaestro:

More grace. Finish it and move sharply. Kudos man! smiley smiley
Thanks man.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Gerrard59(m): 12:00am On Sep 07, 2021
Deepthoughts:
please can you for clarity sake explain one instance how a boy of less than 22years can legitimately make it big apart from sports and entertainment?

One of such is being a programmer. There are many young Nigerians who earn as high as $5K monthly in tech and work as remote workers. That is close to 3M, almost N36M annually.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Gerrard59(m): 12:04am On Sep 07, 2021
Joysticks:
Na lie.Which international company wey you dey work from home and wetin dem dey do?

Oh, C'mon! There are many of such companies especially in the tech industry, one of such is BaseCamp. Earning in dollars already catapults them to top 20% of earners in Nigeria.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by KingDash: 12:07am On Sep 07, 2021
BigDawsNet:

There's nothing like codedly...I have no reason to do yahoo...when I earn as a Developer and I also have folks who are ready to meet my financial demends...

Its common for rich kids to do yahoo...
I don't know why they do it
I won't be part of it...
what do I need to do bros to be a developer?
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by adunbiadam2: 12:08am On Sep 07, 2021
sad
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by RodgersAkpafu: 12:09am On Sep 07, 2021
Gwan2:
Bro, I agree with, but in a corrupt and poverty stricken country like naija, most young person with the attributes you stated in your post are probably not into yahoo, but into one fraudulent activity or similar thing and probably backed up by a legit hussle as a decoy if they are wise.
Interesting
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Gerrard59(m): 12:09am On Sep 07, 2021
It is poverty, simple. When the unemployment rate is ridiculously high with no hope of living a comfortable life for the vast majority, most will say those earning comfortably (and young) are into fraud. Sure, fraud exists and should be condemned but to assume or believe that any financially and young person is into fraud without asking questions or probing his/her income smacks of envy and ignorance. Should Nigeria experience a GDP growth rate of a minimum of 10% for ten consecutive years, the nonsense will stop. However, that is not possible anytime soon.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by RodgersAkpafu: 12:13am On Sep 07, 2021
Deepthoughts:
please can you for clarity sake explain one instance how a boy of less than 22years can legitimately make it big apart from sports and entertainment?
Let's hear his response
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by RodgersAkpafu: 12:17am On Sep 07, 2021
stanluiz:
Something shock me last week. I went to a barbing saloon to Barb my hair. They are few guys there. They are arguing about Yahoo.

One said that if he president of Nigeria he will close down Efcc and legalise Yahoo fraud. And many guys were supporting him.

I shock my head!! The youths of This country are something else. They will be worse than our current leaders if they enter politics.

One was even saying that if Foreign journalism interview him about Yahoo fraud as Nigeria president he will tell the journalist that white people are fool for falling for the scam so Nigeria Yahoo boys should continue to defraud them their money.

Chaii!! Future Leaders. Nigeria is gone to the dogs. We are criticizing our leaders without knowing that our youths will be the worst.
Imagine
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Cousin9999: 1:38am On Sep 07, 2021
Gerrard59:
It is poverty, simple. When the unemployment rate is ridiculously high with no hope of living a comfortable life for the vast majority, most will say those earning comfortably (and young) are into fraud. Sure, fraud exists and should be condemned but to assume or believe that any financially and young person is into fraud without asking questions or probing his/her income smacks of envy and ignorance. Should Nigeria experience a GDP growth rate of a minimum of 10% for ten consecutive years, the nonsense will stop. However, that is not possible anytime soon.

It has nothing to do with the economic state of Nigeria. If the average person was middle class, there would still be these losers who concoct these delusional stories. It's a mental health issue.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by lecumberi: 1:43am On Sep 07, 2021
Which area bros, make I know if it’s close to me make i pack
Aniboo:
This same topic we deliberate on the whole day
I come to realize my area here in abj
67% of young dudes here claiming to be working class are into frauds
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by etrange: 1:46am On Sep 07, 2021
LegalRambles:
Once they see a young guy driving a car, dressed in fashion, at home most of the time, using an iPhone, wearing chain, rich and comfortable, they automatically assume he's a Yahoo guy.

Funny enough most old or middle-aged men do this yahoo too. But the Nigerian mentality is that a young person must be wretched because it is not normal even when they are making legit money. And the old means of wealth is justified by their age. What an absolute shit hole!

Do you also profile every young and getting it like that?

If only you guys will take your own advice and know that not every rich girl in a skimpy dress is a prostitute.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Depopular(m): 2:31am On Sep 07, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
Big shout out to

Abeg

Patricia

Seun

NwaAmaikpe

and all other legit hustlers

✌️✌️✌️✌️
na Senior yahoo boys you just called ...na Dem start yahoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected Kidnapping Syndicate Arrested In Imo (Photo) / Groom-to-be, 7 Guests Murdered In Adamawa / Busted: Fake AIG Apprehended In Abuja With 11 ATM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.