Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA (5177 Views)

Shittu Suspends Peter Jack, NITDA Boss Over “Misconduct” / Buhari Sends Judge On Retirement For Misconduct / Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by krixik(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2011
Quoting Mr. Kingsley Kuku, the Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Delta
Kuku said that the Federal Government had recalled six out of the 38 ex-militants earlier sent to Florida, US, to pursue studies in Marine courses.

He explained the six ex-agitators, who were sent to the US about eight weeks ago were withdrawn from their training institution and recalled home over allegations of misconduct.

He said security agents had seized their travelling passports. The passports, he added, had been sent to the US embassy with request that their visas be cancelled.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110523438041

My question is why send these hoodlums abroad to tarnish our image when millions of graduates are out there looking for jobs or will all graduates turn to militants before their plight will be looked into?
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by 1025: 1:59pm On May 23, 2011
@poster,
pls shut up which image are u talking about? do u have image? don't be fooled, usa and other relevant countries are communicating with nigeria bcs of oil otherwise, niger will have more respect than nigeria before all these countries.
@topic,
if usa reject them, let goodluck send them to russia as we are in for fresh air.
nonsense country, nonsense party and nonsense govt.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 23, 2011
pls dont take this too personal with the op abeg and why do u think Niger should have more respect than my horrendous Nigeria
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by PapaBrowne(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2011
krixik:

Quoting Mr. Kingsley Kuku, the Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Delta. Kuku said that the Federal Government had recalled six out of the 38 ex-militants earlier sent to Florida, US, to pursue studies in Marine courses.
He explained the six ex-agitators, who were sent to the US about eight weeks ago were withdrawn from their training institution and recalled home over allegations of misconduct.
He said security agents had seized their travelling passports. The passports, he added, had been sent to the US embassy with request that their visas be cancelled. My question is why send these hoodlums abroad to tarnish our image when millions of graduates are out there looking for jobs or will all graduates turn to militants before their plight will be looked into?

Because they own the oil that pays the salaries of almost all Nigerians!! It runs in their backyard and for ages they've been denied the benefit. Right now we have to do anything possible to pacify them!!
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 23, 2011
what are they agitating for in US ? I guess it's resource control again.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by aljharem3: 3:17pm On May 23, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Because they own the oil that pays the salaries of almost all Nigerians!! It runs in their backyard and for ages they've been denied the benefit. Right now we have to do anything possible to pacify them!!

you are very silly for that statement

what oil are u talking about, Nigerians oil or niger delta oil

very stu.pid statment

niger/delat own no oil
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by jmaine: 3:28pm On May 23, 2011
1025:

@poster,
pls shut up which image are u talking about? do u have image? don't be fooled, usa and other relevant countries are communicating with nigeria bcs of oil otherwise, niger will have more respect than nigeria before all these countries.
@topic,
if usa reject them, let goodluck send them to russia as we are in for fresh air.

Niger would be better rated than Nigeria without oil . . . You are begining to get so agitated and it's taking a toll on how you perceive things . . . Nigeria without oil was still very productive  . . . So don't over emphasize that angle . . . Even though we are allowed ourselves to depend wholly on oil which is a disaster considering the immense untapped and under utilized solid minerals we have. hate the PDP all you like, but the rot in Nigeria started many years ago dating to over 4 decades namely : - Tribalism,sectionalism and nepotic tendencies inherent in all political affiliations in Nigeria.     
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Bawss1(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2011
Hmmm. So whats going to become of the returned agitators? Will they be included in some other skill acquisition program or have they been completely expelled from the amnesty deal? They should be watched by our security agencies as persons of interest. The temptation to take to their terrorizing ways of the past could become way too strong for them to resist with this development.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by tpia5: 3:48pm On May 23, 2011
Nigeria without oil was still very productive

thank you, thank you, thank you.

Niger would be better rated than Nigeria without oil

thanks again.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Beaf: 4:13pm On May 23, 2011
Bawss1:

Hmmm. So whats going to become of the returned agitators? Will they be included in some other skill acquisition program or have they been completely expelled from the amnesty deal? They should be watched by our security agencies as persons of interest. The temptation to take to their terrorizing ways of the past could become way too strong for them to resist with this development.

They should be jailed depending on the severity of their misconduct. They must also be cut off from the amnesty programme and watched by the security agencies as you suggested.

I strongly disagree with calling any form of struggle in the Niger Delta terrorism, the actions of the country against the ND for 50 years now, have been worse than terrorism and the people have very rightly resorted to violence after trying every peaceful means of protest, only to reap ra'pe and harvest the spilt blood of their precious ones; all at the hands of FG soldiers armed with oil money.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by blacksta(m): 4:29pm On May 23, 2011
All these terrorists should be killed at Victoria Island BarBeach.   Sending terrorists to the states to learn Marine Course  - what a waste - and a Joke to hardworking Nigerians who cant get a place at those crap universities (glorified secondary schools) grin
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by tpia5: 4:36pm On May 23, 2011
why cant they learn swimming and train as lifeguards.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by otokx(m): 4:44pm On May 23, 2011
source please
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by MMM2(m): 5:36pm On May 23, 2011
anoda bad newz,
GOD pls help 9ja out.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Sunofgod(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2011
You can take the 'Militants' out of the bush but you cant take the 'Bush' out of the militants.

Rebels will be Rebels.

Personally, I think our past and present politicians are in more need of rehabilitation than these so called militants.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by dustydee: 5:43pm On May 23, 2011
I'm sure those guys are full of regrets now. Welcome to power failure, bad roads and poor health care. Stupid boys/men.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Seun(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2011
Some people will always prefer a life of crime unless you lock them up and throw away the key.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by MrCork17: 5:54pm On May 23, 2011
huh? sent back? they didnt hear english? undecided
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by Sunofgod(m): 5:57pm On May 23, 2011
krixik:

Quoting Mr. Kingsley Kuku, the Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Deltahttp://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110523438041

My question is why send these hoodlums abroad to tarnish our image when millions of graduates are out there looking for jobs or will all graduates turn to militants before their plight will be looked into?

I think Florida' was selected for a reason - its the 'TORNADO' Zone and i think its Tornado Season right now.

Seems like the plan has back fired on GEJ - Unless he can convince them to go to Fukushima, Japan for some training -  shocked
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by OmoTier1(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2011
this i chop you chop amensty. My fellow niger deltans better wake up from thier deepest slumber!

Oruebebe and his cohort have milked the region dry in the name of amenisty with close to unbudgeted 300bn naira spent already - YES I SAID 300bn NAIRA- yet GEJ wants this man as his new chief of staff at the presidency.

Show me a priest with little children, then you have seen a paedophile! GEJ has  surrounded himself with criminals, yet he expects us to believe he is a saint. --
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by monkeyleg: 6:03pm On May 23, 2011
I keep arguing that the people who should be held responsible are the likes of Ibori and Co. Federal goverment gave the ND region money for development, but what happened.

I dont believe in this sending people abroad for unmerited training. would it not have been more beneficial to setup and proper institue or college of technology that would benefit all from the region? Would enhancing the Petroleum training institute and the likes have not served better purpose?

For how long are we going to be wasting money in this way? Same old govement with no clue. And before people start shouting, I am from the ND region, and I dont support this rubbish
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by fxtopedia(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2011
yeye,
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by JimmyBoy1: 6:11pm On May 23, 2011
krixik:

Quoting Mr. Kingsley Kuku, the Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Deltahttp://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110523438041

I understand we will feel bad  about this development, for the country and the six folks that have just bungled a rare opportunity,however these folks were not born hoodlums but the society made them one. They were not given a fair chance to succeed from the onset  but nobody listened until they started taking up arms. We all have the duty to ensure that these people  and all Nigerians also have a chance to choose what they want to become.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by emekaD3(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2011
and they wont tell us the kind of "misconduct"??
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by bossinie: 6:19pm On May 23, 2011
1025:

@poster,
@topic,
Why are you taking it very personal is your broda amongst the deportees Expected that the first logical question to ask is why them out of 38 Instead of suggesting shipping them to another country which obviously will not accept them if their conduct was gross.Frankly smileyi believe say you neva tell us your true grievance. grin
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by texazzpete(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2011
PapaBrowne:

So you're telling the whole world now that there are NO unemployed graduates from the Niger Delta who have never taken up arms against their own country?

There are hundreds of thousands out there, man! These people are more deserving of foreign vocational training that these 'reformed' criminals.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by andyanders: 6:31pm On May 23, 2011
ALL CORPERS, NO MORE NYSC POSTING. THIS IS THE WAY OUT. BECOME A MILITANT AND BE GIVEN SCHOLARSHIP BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO STUDY ABROAD. THAT IS THE ONLY REQUIREMENT
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by aljharem3: 6:37pm On May 23, 2011
texazzpete:

So you're telling the whole world now that there are NO unemployed graduates from the Niger Delta who have never taken up arms against their own country?

There are hundreds of thousands out there, man! These people are more deserving of foreign vocational training that these 'reformed' criminals.

please don't mind the LAZY mo.ron

what happened to extra fund from the fg being given to them because they are from ND

what happened the the extra fund ggiven to them by this oil companies

what about the ND people that are employed in this companies
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by hooklover: 6:46pm On May 23, 2011
What a mess those guys are to our nation, but come to think of it, we have unemployed graduates in the ND looking for such opportunities but the Fg  PREFER TO CARRY TOUTS TO usa, cos the Fg itself is a collection of touts, with  agbero reasoning .

ITS SIMPLY SHOWs THE LEVEL OF REASONING AT THE TOP,WHERE HOLIGANISM IS GIVEN PRIORITY to COOL MINDED AND HARDWORKING ChAPS,

Gej mistakes are counting,
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by IBILEOMO(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2011
number one problem of this nation is nothing but ignorance. sorry for Nigerian not NIGERIA.
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On May 23, 2011
When would they extend this foreign schorlarship to other groups like Boko haram
Re: Six Militants Sent Back To Nigeria For Misconduct In USA by ypad: 7:28pm On May 23, 2011
hmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej's 2015 Ambition Will Lead To Civil War / Transformation Agenda Of GEJ: The Jos Airport Example (Modified With More Pics) / Jonathan Records 1.48 Million Votes In Rivers State -Punch News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.