Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language (7788 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Obdk: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
We have Igbo people in
Kogi
Benue
Ákwá ibom
Rivers
Cross River
Delta
Edo
Enugu
Anambra
Imo
Ebonyi
Abia

States...

12 fucking States

If e pepper you

Kụọ isi na Wall..

10 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by theInterpreter: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
Obdk:
whr is the indigenous yoruba in South South
Akoko Edo Edo State
Itsekiri (Yoruboid)
Olùkùmi (related to Yoruba)
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by theInterpreter: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
Obdk:
We have Igbo people in
Kogi
Benue
Ákwá ibom
Rivers
Cross River
Delta
Edo
Enugu
Anambra
Imo
Ebonyi
Abia

States...

12 fucking States

If e pepper you

Kụọ isi na Wall..
Unfortunately for you
You are only indeginious to about 7 grin

Idiko1:

Apparently, you do not know the denotation of indigene. By the way, it is indigenous not indeginious. grin grin
sorry cheesy
Yoruba is my first language and my auto correct is malfunctioning

Forgive me
Sire idoko cheesy
The knight of Anambraburough grin
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Stone03: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
What then does it mean to be Igbo?
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by cheruv: 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:
Good thread.
But that Opobo and Bonny speak Igbo language as their mother tongue should be common sense nah.

One day, we will sit down and talk about the genocide Adaka Boro and his Ijaw people from Ghana committed against the Igbos of Bonny and Opobo.
This is why a multi ethnic BIAFRA with Ijaws and other minorities is strongly opposed by well learned Igbos, because such an arrangement will prevent us from serving out full justice to these unrepentant minorities who rode on the back of Hausa-Fulani to decimate Igboland.

We will continue to insist on Igbo only Biafra. Because we have lots of score to settle at the appropriate time with these people.

cc: Eastlink
Igbos like us who know the times and the seasons are in total support
A homogeneous Igbo Nation is all we want!

7 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by SweetiliciousD: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
The future is Biafra

Biafra is here.

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Onepeople: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ijaw is a group of people who have believe in so many lies over the years, to the point is sounding like truth to them,when you hear most of them insult and rain abuse on igbo people in river state, you will think igbos are strangers in the state.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ariani: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
For our IPOB brothers who think everything starts and ends with their "suplim lida", you all should try and read this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/500126/true-extent-alaigbo-igboland

I, like many Igbo nationalists here, was there at the beginning to the end of that thread. Of course I was under different moniker then.
Read carefully through that thread.

Because it would appear some of you are attributing the ground work of Igbo nationalists who went all over Nigerian forums, from Nigeriavillagesquare of those days, to bestnaijaforum, etc that held sway before nairaland took over, preaching the gospel of true extent of Igboland and arguing for Igbo only Biafra without Minorities, especially Ijaws, to MNK.

MNK only arrived to the scene in 2014 or thereabouts and only became active in 2015 following Buhari lack of tact.

And I can tell you that all MNK did was put a stop to the pan Igbo nationalism movement that was beginning to take hold then and replaced it with Babelian Biafra of "two wrapper" wearing tribes. MNK and IPOB only succeeded in derailing the pan Igbo nationalistic movement that was gathering pace, and replaced it with a shameful era of unity begging to minorities.

The only good to come out this now drawing to end MNK era, is that,many Igbos youths who know nothing about history of Ndiigbo and minorities in the East, were exposed to Igbophobia of minorities and now understand better why Igbo nationalists who are guided by history, insisted on Igbo only Biafra from the beginning.

So to an extent, MNK played a big role in this our struggle,but then his role must be put in the right context.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Mrkumareze(m): 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
proeast:

Na, she is engaged and would be married any moment.

However, I'm not exaggerating about her beauty. She is tall, fair, huge and has coca cola shape. She can't walk on the road without people turning to stare at her. Mehn, nwata nwanyi mara nma n'esi isi kiss

Onye olingo ibem grin

3 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Eastlink(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:
For our IPOB brothers who think everything starts and ends with their "suplim lida", you all should try and read this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/500126/true-extent-alaigbo-igboland

I, like many Igbo nationalists here, was there at the beginning to the end of that thread. Of course I was under different moniker then.

Because it would appear some of you are attributing the ground work of Igbo nationalists who went all over Nigerian forums, from Nigeriavillagesquare of those days, to bestnaijaforum, etc that held sway before nairaland took over, preaching the gospel of true extent of Igboland and arguing for Igbo only Biafra without Minorities, especially Ijaws, to MNK.

MNK only arrived to the scene in 2014 or thereabouts and only became active in 2015 following Buhari lack of tact.

And I can tell you that all MNK did was put a stop to the pan Igbo nationalism movement that was beginning to take hold then and replaced it with Babelian Biafra of "two wrapper" wearing tribes. MNK and IPOB only succeeded in derailing the pan Igbo nationalistic movement that was gathering pace, and replaced it with a shameful era of unity begging to minorities.

The only good to come out this now drawing to end MNK era, is that,many Igbos youths who know nothing about history of Ndiigbo and minorities in the East, were exposed to Igbophobia of minorities and now understand better why Igbo nationalists who are guided by history, insisted on Igbo only Biafra from the beginning.

So to an extent, MNK played a big role in this our struggle,but then his role must be put in the right context.
You hit the nail bro. So what happened to your Pazienza handle? I guess you decided to put on retirement. Omo you self deserve accolades for your inputs. It's not easy bro, you dey try no be small.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by ChimaAdeoye: 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
shocked shocked shocked shocked this is 100% Igbo language cheesy

Na lie, they are speaking IJAW in that video!

Ijaw land is from Lagos state to Cross River state! Even parts of Abuja is Ijaw land!!!

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Idiko1: 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
Obdk:
We have Igbo people in
Kogi
Benue
Ákwá ibom
Rivers
Cross River
Delta
Edo
Enugu
Anambra
Imo
Ebonyi
Abia

States...

12 fucking States

If e pepper you

Kụọ isi na Wall..

Where is Bayelsa State?

1 Like

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Idiko1: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
Unfortunately for you
You are only indeginious to about 7 grin

Apparently, you do not know the denotation of indigene. By the way, it is indigenous not indeginious. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by ConqueredWest: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:

By taking MNK out of the scene, NIGERIA might have done Ndiigbo (Biafrans) a big favor without even knowing it. Finally the stupid Babelian Biafra MNK and IPOB are leading will die a natural death and in it's place will arise an aggressive and organic Igbo nationalistic BIAFRA for the Igbo speaking people and by the Igbo speaking people only.

One thing is true about your post

The incarceration of MNK will lead to the rise of a more militaristic and goal oriented Biafrans.

MNK is like the village drunkard who is good at saying the truth but not focused and liable to disappoint but his words are capable of stirring up the great ones to rise up and do the needful

horsepower102
Horsepower102
I agree with your thought

1 Like

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by SlayerForever: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:

Good work and highly commendable. I think someone else said something similar this morning. But realistically speaking, from 2015 upwards, in Igbo land is this comparable to the magnitude of IPOB's work so far?

1 Like

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by SlayerForever: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
Idiko1:

Where is Bayelsa State?

I think time has come for us to shine our laser beam on Bayelsa cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ariani: 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
SlayerForever:

Good work and highly commendable. I think someone else said something similar this morning. But realistically speaking, from 2015 upwards, in Igbo land is this comparable to the magnitude of IPOB's work so far?

What work exactly has IPOB done?

"Rabblerousing" ? MASSOB did more than that.
How exactly has IPOB enriched Igbo nationalism and advanced Igbo interests?

Under IPOB beggarly multi ethnic BIAFRA of tower of Babel.
Ndiigbo became object of rudicule to insignificant minorities who in real sense has nothing to offer offer us, if we get our house in order.
IPOB derailed Igbo nationalism.

You only think IPOB made headways because they came at the era of social media unlike MASSOB, so they had access to Internet to dispatch their agenda quicker and gather more followers far and wide than MASSOB could have ever dreamed of.

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ariani: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
You hit the nail bro. So what happened to your Pazienza handle? I guess you decided to put on retirement. Omo you self deserve accolades for your inputs. It's not easy bro, you dey try no be small.

They banned all my accounts.
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by SlayerForever: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:

What work exactly has IPOB done?

"Rabblerousing" ? MASSOB did more than that.
How exactly has IPOB enriched Igbo nationalism and advanced Igbo interests?

Under IPOB beggarly multi ethnic BIAFRA of tower of Babel.
Ndiigbo became object of rudicule to insignificant minorities who in real sense has nothing to offer offer us, if we get our house in order.
IPOB derailed Igbo nationalism.

You only think IPOB made headways because they came at the era of social media unlike MASSOB, so they had access to Internet to dispatch their agenda quicker and gather more followers far and wide than MASSOB could have ever dreamed of.

This is somehow funny and I'll tell you why. One can never claim IPOB derailed Igbo nationalism because though the organization does not strictly fight for Igbo areas alone, in the mode of operation it is STRICTLY ENSURED that the erroneous state lines and the divisive "my state" identity that has plagued Ndigbo since after the war is eradicated. The cohesion IPOB brought with that move is unprecedented.

In fact, it is that eradication of the nonsense "state identity" that makes IPOB so formidable. People don't know. Individual Igbo states don't exist in IPOB, this in turn brought forward the Igbo bu otu nationalistic drive. Now look at erstwhile "timid" Ebonyi today, boldly identifying. Do you know how grateful they are to Nnamdi Kanu. You know how things used to be.

You can't compare IPOB and MASSOB at all in mode of operation. It is not about social media, IPOB is well structured (mind you thousands of MASSOB members defected to IPOB and yet IPOB retains its structure, focus and mode of operation). In fact I have had intellectualists opine that IPOB is the most organized body in Nigeria today.

Today Igbo identity is always on the fruntburner, from Igbos in Delta, to Igbos in Rivers, to Bonny, Opobo. Even daringly Kalabari and Okrika. No time since the war has Igbo people been this assertive. It is a threat to the status quo that has been maintained all this while. And who are the majority perpetuating this Igbo discussions : IPOB "foot soldiers".

So all these is derailing of Igbo nationalism? Unbelievable. Eastlink said he is a realist this morning. I smiled at the statement. I reckon you fancy yourself a realist too.

If one cannot rid sentiment from reasoning one cannot be said to be a realist, for sentiment is idealism. Plainly, if you cannot shun bias when considering a subject matter and pick the obvious positives you are halfway to failing.

3 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ariani: 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
SlayerForever:

This is somehow funny and I'll tell you why. One can never claim IPOB derailed Igbo nationalism because though the organization does not strictly fight for Igbo areas alone, in the mode of operation it is STRICTLY ENSURED that the erroneous state lines and the divisive "my state" identity that has plagued Ndigbo since after the war is eradicated. The cohesion IPOB brought with that move is unprecedented.

In fact, it is that eradication of the nonsense "state identity" that makes IPOB so formidable. People don't know. Individual Igbo states don't exist in IPOB, this in turn brought forward the Igbo bu otu nationalistic drive. Now look at erstwhile "timid" Ebonyi today, boldly identifying. Do you know how grateful they are to Nnamdi Kanu. You know how things used to be.

You can't compare IPOB and MASSOB at all in mode of operation. It is not about social media, IPOB is well structured (mind you thousands of MASSOB members defected to IPOB and yet IPOB retains its structure, focus and mode of operation). In fact I have had intellectualists opine that IPOB is the most organized body in Nigeria today.

Today Igbo identity is always on the fruntburner, from Igbos in Delta, to Igbos in Rivers, to Bonny, Opobo. Even daringly Kalabari and Okrika. No time since the war has Igbo people been this assertive. It is a threat to the status quo that has been maintained all this while. And who are the majority perpetuating this Igbo discussions : IPOB "foot soldiers".

So all these is derailing of Igbo nationalism? Unbelievable. Eastlink said he is a realist this morning. I smiled at the statement. I reckon you fancy yourself a realist too.

If one cannot rid sentiment from reasoning one cannot be said to be a realist, for sentiment is idealism. Plainly, if you cannot shun bias when considering a subject matter and pick the obvious positives you are halfway to failing.

Lol!
IPOB eliminated state lines and replaced it with what?
They replaced it with "two wrapper based Biafran tribe that existed before Igbo and contains all ethnic groups whose mothers tie two wrappers".
MNK even once said there is nothing like Igbo.
That he is not Igbo, but rather a Biafran.

MNK and IPOB fought tooth and nail to obliterate the Igbo identity and tag and in its place create a fictional "Biafran" identity where Ndiigbo are apparently supposed to be one and same people as myriads of minorities stretching from SS to Cameroon and Igala/Idoma.

See, MNK era has not even totally come to an end, and his disciples are already distorting history.

IPOB and MNK have never fought for Igbo nationalism.
Instead they tried unsuccessfully and albeit foolishly to kill Igbo identity by merging the Igbos with unrelated Igbophobic minorities under a fabricated Biafran ethnicity.
That was how maps showing the existence of delusional Biafra kingdom before British colonialism were fabricated by MNK and IPOB.

We all watched it unfold here and could only shake our heads in disgust while holding our Patience to atleast see where he was heading to.

3 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by SlayerForever: 12:01am On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

Lol!
They replaced it with "two wrapper based Biafran tribe that existed before Igbo and contains all ethnic groups whose mothers tie two wrappers".

MNK and IPOB fought tooth and nail to obliterate the Igbo identity and tag and it's place create a fictional "Biafran" identity where Ndiigbo are apparently supposed to be one and same people as myriads of minorities stretching from SS to Cameroon and Igala/Idoma.

See, MNK era has not even totally come to an end, and his disciples are already distorting history.

Lies. But even in your lies no problem *shake hands with a smile on my face*.

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Eastlink(m): 1:00am On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

They banned all my accounts.
Which kind of ban is that, I suppose Life Ban.
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Obdk: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Idiko1:

Where is Bayelsa State?
I don't know about bayelsa state
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Obdk: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
theInterpreter:
Unfortunately for you You are only indeginious to about 7 grin
sorry cheesy Yoruba is my first language and my auto correct is malfunctioning
Forgive me Sire idoko cheesy The knight of Anambraburough grin
We are indigenous to all. I dont know what u mean by indeginous
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Obdk: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

Lol!

MNK and IPOB fought tooth and nail to obliterate the Igbo identity and tag and in its place create a fictional "Biafran" identity where Ndiigbo are apparently supposed to be one and same people as myriads of minorities stretching from SS to Cameroon and Igala/Idoma.

IPOB and MNK have never fought for Igbo nationalism.
Instead they tried unsuccessfully and albeit foolishly to kill Igbo identity by merging the Igbos with unrelated Igbophobic minorities under a fabricated Biafran ethnicity.
That was how maps showing the existence of delusional Biafra kingdom before British colonialism were fabricated by MNK and IPOB.

We all watched it unfold here and could only shake our heads in disgust while holding our Patience to atleast see where he was heading to.

Denying it will not make it go away..

I'm not an IPOB but they re the best thing to happen to Igboland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ekealterego: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

You guys also caused as much harm as good. I was very much aware of the happenings during this time and I can tell you that you guys and your goons like Abagworo, ChinenyeN etc and chino or whatever his name is, were destroying the image of Igbos on this forum by talking shit and exposed most of the things outsiders used against Igbos on this forum.

Most of your lacked tact and would fight dirty outside. Although, you were doing the work of bringing awareness, but what MNK did in a year you guys didn't do 0.1%. MNK was the reason for the new Igbo consciousness and not the one thread a year discussion while the rest was based on empty bickering of superiority and debasing other Igbo groups.

CC: SlayerForever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ariani: 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

You guys also caused as much harm as good. I was very much aware of the happenings during this time and I can tell you that you guys and your goons like Abagworo, ChinenyeN etc and chino or whatever his name is, were destroying the image of Igbos on this forum by talking shit and exposed most of the things outsiders used against Igbos on this forum.

Most of your lacked tact and would fight dirty outside. Although, you were doing the work of bringing awareness, but what MNK did in a year you guys didn't do 0.1%. MNK was the reason for the new Igbo consciousness and not the one thread a year discussion while the rest was based on empty bickering of superiority and debasing other Igbo groups.

CC: SlayerForever.

We discussed and ironed out differences between us that we normally don't speak on but breed mutual suspicions that worked against Igbo Unity.
We washed our dirty linens outside?
Yes, it was necessary we came out true to each other, we became Better for it.

Chyz and Wesley held sway for Ukwuani/Ndokwa brothers, keeping the Igbophobic ones among them at Bay by educating them.
Ogbuefi from Ika did same for IKa.

Ezepromoe and Abagworo held the show for Ikwerre.
Onlytruth our general held forth for Anaedo clan.
We had Ezeuche for Aro, Dede 1 for the trenches against Yoruba onslaught, ACM my Ogidi kinsman was his Shadow man from, we had Policewoman from Obiigbo, real Asa tribal woman.
There was Eziachi from Orlu with his life experience civil war stories.
Obiagu1 was the erudite researche and myth buster.
Not forgetting Afam4eva from Amaechi Awkunanaw Enugu and Igboboy from Aniocha. There was also One Naira from Asaba.

It was the age of Igbo enlightenment.
Information overload from that formidable team was something else. I struggled to keep up with my school work because I just had too many materials to read on Igbo history that they were making available.

IPOB and MNK has not 1% of information on Igbo history, pre colonial, colonial, pre civil war and post civil war like those men had.

All IPOB and MNK had done was take us 360 and back to where we were before they came.
Simply because IPOB lacked knowledge of history of Ndiigbo and her minorities neighbors.
IPOB has brought Ndiigbo unending ridicule from insignificant minority groups with their shameless unity begging.

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ekealterego: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

We discussed and ironed out differences between us that we normally don't speak on but breed mutual suspicions that worked against Igbo Unity.
We washed our dirty linens outside?
Yes, it was necessary we came out true to each other, we became Better for it.

Chyz and Wesley held sway for Ukwuani/Ndokwa brothers, keeping the Igbophobic ones among them at Bay by educating them.
Ogbuefi from Ika did same for IKa.

Ezepromoe and Abagworo held the show for Ikwerre.
Onlytruth our general held forth for Anaedo clan.
We had Ezeuche for Aro, Dede 1 for the trenches against Yoruba onslaught, ACM my Ogidi kinsman was his Shadow man from, we had Policewoman from Obiigbo, real Asa tribal woman.
There was Eziachi from Orlu with his life experience civil war stories.
Obiagu1 was the erudite researche and myth buster.
Not forgetting Afam4eva from Amaechi Awkunanaw Enugu and Igboboy from Aniocha. There was also One Naira from Asaba.

It was the age of Igbo enlightenment.
Information overload from that formidable team was something else. I struggled to keep up with my school work because I just had too many materials to read on Igbo history that they were making available.

IPOB and MNK has not 1% of information on Igbo history, pre colonial, colonial, pre civil war and post civil war like those men had.

All IPOB and MNK had done was take us 360 and back to where we were before they came.
Simply because IPOB lacked knowledge of history of Ndiigbo and her minorities neighbors.
IPOB has brought Ndiigbo unending ridicule from insignificant minority groups with their shameless unity begging.
Well, not knocking what you did but all that work started and ended here on Nairaland and maybe Nigervillagesquare. .. your audience are limited and your outreach not so far.
Probably, relevant to those who truly wanted to know more and are of course educated.
What MNK preached got to the streets, to the farmers, the market men and women, the ordinary secondary school boys and girls. The Nwaboys and Ogas. Iyawos and the rich business men.
The consciousness he created saw massive Facebook groups reaching over millions of members and countless ones with hundreds of thousands.
I can beat my chest to tell you that there is no ethnic group that boasts of that incredible numbers in different and numerous clusters on social media.

This started in the MNK's era. Of course you are allowed to feel a little jealous and all that cos you have been grinding for years but bros.

How many books from history pages have you guys uploaded? In just recent years, many pages of history books and excerpts have been uploaded due to this movement.

You have to understand that although MNK have a Babelian approach but his work also had a double edged sword, it brought so much awareness. I know not all have worked to perfection but we are having a clearer definition 0f our allies, borders and enemies.

Don't underestimate the effect because you think you have been grinding for years.

In all these years you guys have not pressured Ohanaze to sit up no create a massive social media following or some form of alliance beyond social media. Look on the bright side.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria At 61: President Buhari's Independence Day Speech (Video) / RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. / Fanfare As First Lady Hosts Ekiti Children's Christmas, End Of Year Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.