Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language (7779 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by SlayerForever: 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

You guys also caused as much harm as good. I was very much aware of the happenings during this time and I can tell you that you guys and your goons like Abagworo, ChinenyeN etc and chino or whatever his name is, were destroying the image of Igbos on this forum by talking shit and exposed most of the things outsiders used against Igbos on this forum.

Most of your lacked tact and would fight dirty outside. Although, you were doing the work of bringing awareness, but what MNK did in a year you guys didn't do 0.1%. MNK was the reason for the new Igbo consciousness and not the one thread a year discussion while the rest was based on empty bickering of superiority and debasing other Igbo groups.

CC: SlayerForev er.

Well, I have already said this yesterday. I think the majority of Igbo today share the same sentiment.
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by ChinenyeN(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:
You guys also caused as much harm as good. I was very much aware of the happenings during this time and I can tell you that you guys and your goons like Abagworo, ChinenyeN etc and chino or whatever his name is, were destroying the image of Igbos on this forum by talking shit and exposed most of the things outsiders used against Igbos on this forum.

I was mentioned here and cannot find any suitable reason why. Do you mind explaining to me where I fit into this narrative/why I was mentioned?
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by theInterpreter: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Obdk:

We are indigenous to all. I dont know what u mean by indeginous
you are not
Stop decieving yourselves
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ekealterego: 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
ChinenyeN:

I was mentioned here and cannot find any suitable reason why. Do you mind explaining to me where I fit into this narrative/why I was mentioned?
LOL. It is a very long story. So, in summary, we were talking about Igbo awareness and consciousness and the works and debates over the years.

Pazienza feels what you guys have done was greater than the MNKs ea of Igbo consciousness, while I feel that although you guys did great within this small forum, however, the constant bickering, washing of dirty talks in public and intra-Igbo debates exposed so many negatives to the public.

4 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by meccuno: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2021

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by ChinenyeN(m): 3:03am On Sep 08, 2021
Ekealterego:
LOL. It is a very long story. So, in summary, we were talking about Igbo awareness and consciousness and the works and debates over the years.

Pazienza feels what you guys have done was greater than the MNKs ea of Igbo consciousness, while I feel that although you guys did great within this small forum, however, the constant bickering, washing of dirty talks in public and intra-Igbo debates exposed so many negatives to the public.

Ah. I see what you mean. I agree. There was an intense amount of back and forth that seemed almost never ending. However, if I reflect on it now, in hindsight, even though it often detracted from the main discussion, I would say that it was ultimately necessary. All that bandwidth ended up being well-spent. I don’t know if you were around on NL ten over the past ten plus years, but at the beginning of that time period, I would say that Ndi Igbo were simply not honest with themselves as a community.

There was not enough self-reflection, introspection and scrutiny concerning what it means to be an Igbo people or an Igbo person. As a case in point, for a certain number of years, it was the consensus that all Igbo-speaking people were by default from the Anambra or Nri. I fought tooth and nail to correct this commonly-held, but wrong notion to the point where it brewed controversy.

Was it uncomfortable? Yes. Was it tiresome? Yes. But thanks to the likes of Pazienza, OnlyTruth, et al who decided to confront me in that controversy, the Igbo population here on NL grew by leaps and bounds in their understanding of Igbo culture, Igbo history and what it means in modern day to be an Igbo person. Without that controversy, the road would not have been paved for Igbo people to better scrutinize themselves. Now, the very same people who fought with me over the then “unorthodox” viewpoint I was sharing are among those who are well-equipped to truly discuss and decompose the current situation and standing that we all deal with as Igbo-speaking peoples.

If I have to be honest, I feel that IPOB, as an organization, is at the same point that Ndi Igbo on NL were ten years ago. It’s too much in a one-track mental state; too focused on propaganda. Not reflecting enough on how it’s actions further disenfranchise an already disenfranchised people.

Ultimately, there is much to be learned about how Ndi Igbo as a community grew here on NL and how the lessons learned here can be applied to any sort of Igbo endeavor, including by IPOB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 7:04am On Sep 09, 2021
proeast:

The ijaws have been using terror and intimidation in grabbing other minorities lands and also threatening them on top. However, they're too small to challenge Igbos, they've never been any match with us and will never be. Going forward, we have to start Igbo nationalism that would be geared towards reintegrating all our people both in the SE, SS and NC.

I doubt our people that share virtually everything with us will decide to leave us and embrace total strangers that have nothing in common with them. If the Ijaws try to stop them from reuniting with us, we will crush them.
if you think there are dotians in opobo, oya come take dem.... online landgrabbers
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 7:15am On Sep 09, 2021
horsepower102:
Where is captain8 and Adakaboro8. I hope you won’t go into hiding for some days until this thread disappears.

We igbos have caught up to your game plans. The days of ignoring your pestilence are forever gone.
out of the 3 Ijaw kingdoms in ondo state, one kingdom called apoi speak Yoruba entirely...does that mean yorubas should start claiming them?

you dotians are sick in the heads.... so some people speak ibo in opobo should mean they automatically become dot?
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 7:22am On Sep 09, 2021
velocity25:
Nne please you don call captain8 and all the njo abi na ijaw e warriors?
They wouldn't come sha.
why wont people say ibos are the the problem of everybody? there is Ijaw clan in ondo state called apoi, it speak yoruba entirely yet Yoruba never claim them because they are genuine.....
opobo has nothing to do with ibo
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 7:30am On Sep 09, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
captain8 please explain that Ijaw language those women is speaking cheesy grin cheesy grin
you that writing in english and speakin english are you a english woman? i dont know how you igbo youths reason with your brains....

language adoption is not a new thing to this world...
ibo is a borrowed language in opobo through trade and intermarry....
please dont confused yourself, opobos are Ijaws, no dragging on it
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by velocity25(m): 7:43am On Sep 09, 2021
Captain8:
why wont people say ibos are the the problem of everybody? there is Ijaw clan in ondo state called apoi, it speak yoruba entirely yet Yoruba never claim them because they are genuine.....
opobo has everything to do with Igbo
Fixed

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Liebermantic: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Captain8:
out of the 3 Ijaw kingdoms in ondo state, one kingdom called apoi speak Yoruba entirely...does that mean yorubas should start claiming them?

you dotians are sick in the heads.... so some people speak ibo in opobo should mean they automatically become dot?
Yes because Historically and ancestrally,they are Igbo, not Ijaw and still remain Igbo

5 Likes

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
Liebermantic:

Yes because Historically and ancestrally,they are Igbo, not Ijaw and still remain Igbo
guy am tired of all those una lies and dramas on nairaland.... just come to Ijaw land and drag opobo... or go put your flag for opobo.....
Ijaw flag is flying in opobo, you dotians should also go put your flag their, if you people are real men..
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
velocity25:

Fixed
IJAW territories remain intacted...if you desperate for sea access dotians like type from now till thy kingdom come, no inch of Ijaw ethnicity will be removed....
we giving you dotians audience online doesn't mean you are threat to our unity.....
soon, we will disregard you people online to make you people understand that we are not moved by your continue jargons writing about Ijaw territories....

We Ijaws are reality people not online dreamers like dotians...
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Eastlink(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
Captain8:
guy am tired of all those una lies and dramas on nairaland.... just come to Ijaw land and drag opobo... or go put your flag for opobo.....
Ijaw flag is flying in opobo, you dotians should also go put your flag their, if you people are real men..
Keep quayet. Ijo nyanga in Opobo began recently when they formed the IYC/IINC to cajole Opobians into their nonsense politics. Funny enough there are no Ijo flag in Opobo. Na online and Port-Harcourt meeting the Ijo noise end. As soon as everyone go back home, they pick up their Igbo identity. Who no go like partake in the sharing of Ministry of Niger-Delta / Amnesty money? grin

No human born of a woman can go to Opobo land and shout Opobo is Ijaw. Na community go gather panel beat am and then throw wey am inside Peterside creek.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Ariani: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
Captain8:
you that writing in english and speakin english are you a english woman? i dont know how you igbo youths reason with your brains....

language adoption is not a new thing to this world...
ibo is a borrowed language in opobo through trade and intermarry....
please dont confused yourself, opobos are Ijaws, no dragging on it

I'm not speaking English as mother tongue like Opobo and Bonny speak Igbo as mother
Tongue.
No one borrows a language and throws his own away.
Moreover all written precolonial document show that Opobo and Bonny spoke Igbo from the very beginning.
You really have no claim to Opobo and Bonny.
The day Nigeria breaks, Igbo nation will take Opobo and Bonny by force or legally ( all colonial documents are in our favor).

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by velocity25(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
Captain8:
IJAW territories remain intacted...if you desperate for sea access dotians like type from now till thy kingdom come, no inch of Ijaw ethnicity will be removed....
we giving you dotians audience online doesn't mean you are threat to our unity.....
soon, we will disregard you people online to make you people understand that we are not moved by your continue jargons writing about Ijaw territories....

We Ijaws are reality people not online dreamers like dotians...

when you finish crying, you can take your leave.
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ariani:

I'm not speaking English as mother tongue like Opobo and Bonny speak Igbo as mother
Tongue.
No one borrows a language and throws his own away.
Moreover all written precolonial document show that Opobo and Bonny spoke Igbo from the very beginning.
You really have no claim to Opobo and Bonny.
The day Nigeria breaks, Igbo nation will take Opobo and Bonny by force or legally ( all colonial documents are in our favor).
dot is just a borrowed language to the opobos.... opobo and bonny primary languages are Ijaw.....
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Captain8(m): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
Eastlink:
Keep quayet. Ijo nyanga in Opobo began recently when they formed the IYC/IINC to cajole Opobians into their nonsense politics. Funny enough there are no Ijo flag in Opobo. Na online and Port-Harcourt meeting the Ijo noise end. As soon as everyone go back home, they pick up their Igbo identity. Who no go like partake in the sharing of Ministry of Niger-Delta / Amnesty money? grin

No human born of a woman can go to Opobo land and shout Opobo is Ijaw. Na community go gather panel beat am and then throw wey am inside Peterside creek.
mumu, go remove the Ijaw flag in opobo....
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Izuchukwu18(m): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
paramakina202:
[s][s][s][/s][/s][/s]

Terrorist get thee behind me. grin
Frustrated bandit.You have been so weakened badly that you nolonger throw threats violence against those that have opposing views anyhow it is now useless curses that you are armed with.
It will fail you the same way Ikonso's juju failed him and every other brain-washed dead terrorists.

Can you guys be quiet for once, we're not talking about ipob matter here it's Igbo matter, pls learn to respect each other.
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Dipwater(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
proeast:

Jesus Christ, what an eye opener!!!
Whoever watches this video and still goes about peddling ignorance that Opobo are not Igbos is a fool of the first order!!

These is concentrated Igbo they're speaking here, the type you will find in Imo State. Even their dressing, culture and looks has Igbo written all over it!!

This land grabbing by Ijaws is now ridiculous and must be stopped forthwith!!!

**** Modified****

The lady that did cheif bridesmaid for my wife is even from Opobo but they grew up in Aba. She speaks Igbo very fluently and I often thought it was because they live in Aba. A very huge and extremely beautiful lady with fine shape. I just asked my wife her native name and she told me IJEOMA shocked shocked shocked I will definitely interview her the next time I see her.

Pls after the interview don't forget to come here an update us. After the civil these evil people did all they could to divide us
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Tomek09(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
The whole SouthSouth region belongs to us Igbos either by dominant language and population.
Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by Pass11: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin
Nne, leave those drunkards.
Sometimes I don't blame them because it is only a drunk man that will look at Ubani and Opobo, the people, culture and most importantly language and say that they are Ijaw.
Ijaw madness has extend to northern Nigeria cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Opobo Kingdom And Igbo Language by BKayy: 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2021
Pass11:

Ijaw madness has extend to northern Nigeria cheesy grin
LOL.
I will leave them to settle that one with ISWAP/Boko Haram grin
These drunks eh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. / Where To Register For National I.d Card In Lagos / Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.