Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 (8774 Views)

Water Tank Stand (tower) / *Making an overhead tank stand on a back-filled well / Water Tank Stand Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
To God be the glory. Few days ago, I was contracted to construct a tank stand for a member here at his home town in Anara Mbanọ Imo State.

The specifications and needs are as follows;

Height.....40ft

Beams.....8 by 4 H channel

4 by 2 H channel for the load beams

2" angle iron for the X crossing

12 by 12 base plates (12mm)

25mm by 4ft foundation bolt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
So today being Sunday, I took the whole materials to site with my generator.

1 Like

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2021
The loading and offloading of the said materials on site

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by twinskenny(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
well done
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
After I got to the site with my team, I realized that there was already a foundation cast for a tank stand.

But I won't be making use of it for I will doing mine.

There are lots of issues I observed with the foundation but that's what I will be discussing here.

The second picture is my proposed plan on where to dig another foundation. I'm trying to conserve space which the client have in a very limited quantity

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
Left the site today and I hope to return on Wednesday to start work properly.

Join me as I execute this project with such quality and attention to details like I have always strived for.

Spyder880 megacontrol sonnie10 mufuta eyinne and all lovers of good job should come

3 Likes

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
twinskenny:
well done
yes oga
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by checkmatez: 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
Nice one
A thread to call your own

1 Like

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by megacontrol(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
We dey here gidigba.

Can't wait to see the execution, will also be keen to learn the technical reasons behind abandoning the previous foundation.

Good to see.

michlins:
Left the site today and I hope to return on Wednesday to start work properly.

Join me as I execute this project with such quality and attention to details like I have always strived for.

Spyder880 megacontrol sonnie10 mufuta eyinne and all lovers of good job should come

1 Like

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
megacontrol:
We dey here gidigba.

Can't wait to see the execution, will also be keen to learn the technical reasons behind abandoning the previous foundation.

Good to see.

first thing is that it's not my work and I don't know how it was made. The concrete mixing ratio is not something I can verify. The dept of the foundation is also unknown to me. Knowing the weight and needs for the tank. It's meant to handle six(6) 750 gallons of water. Four(4) at the top, and one(1) at each level below.

Knowing that I'm the person who will bear the grunt if there's any mishap, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

Those are not really the technical errors I figured out with the foundation. But I just don't want to criticize the job of another person. My job is to do the job that I have been paid to do without courting unnecessary controversy

5 Likes

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2021
This is the brand of paint I usually use for tank stand. Knowing that they will always be under the changing weather, I go for this quality

1 Like

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by mufutau55(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2021
michlins:
first thing is that it's not my work and I don't know how it was made. The concrete mixing ratio is not something I can verify. The dept of the foundation is also unknown to me. Knowing the weight and needs for the tank. It's meant to handle six(6) 750 gallons of water. Four(4) at the top, and one(1) at each level below.

Knowing that I'm the person who will bear the grunt if there's any mishap, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

Those are not really the technical errors I figured out with the foundation. But I just don't want to criticize the job of another person. My job is to do the job that I have been paid to do without courting unnecessary controversy

Very good decision. I was just going to ask why you would not use the stand foundation they already erected, but now I can understand.
If you or the client does not mind, the cost will be useful. We are surely following. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Following, I know this will be another strong and beautiful work.

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
So today I bought this angle grinder in Lagos and it should be waybill to me tomorrow morning. My very reliable machine (Bosch) was stolen on site.

Being a job I will be doing on site, I needed something I can trust. I won't have the time nor know any technician who can fix all the Chinese knock off products that are in the market.

And that reminds me,if anyone knows any reliable grinding machine, kindly let me know cause I don't really trust this one

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
The price of the previous grinding machine is currently out of reach. As at January,it was selling for 80,000 so I'm expecting it to hit ₦100,000 now.

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by twinskenny(m): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
michlins:
The price of the previous grinding machine is currently out of reach. As at January,it was selling for 80,000 so I'm expecting it to hit ₦100,000 now.
you should have add more and get the bosch... i made that same mistake with my cutting machine...
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
twinskenny:
you should have add more and get the bosch... i made that same mistake with my cutting machine...
you're right Sha. Bought a grinding machine and it only lasted for four days or less. The head cracked up like egg. But ₦100,000 in this economy and rat race is a hard call. I'm just hoping this one will last long enough while I start daily contribution to raise such amount for grinding machine.

Meanwhile I have extra two grinding machine at workshop. So this is basically for jobs at site and won't be under much pressure
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
I had the Bosch for almost five years and never did I fix a single thing. Not even the carbon brush which is the first to wear out in such machines. And trust me,it has worked really hard for me and outlived many grinding machines that came later. Got it when they were running one promotion like that and dollar was still stable
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by sonnie10: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
Following. I like those burners in the truck, did you make them?
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
sonnie10:
Following. I like those burners in the truck, did you make them?
no.

I bought it for the client. Even though I can make them, I prefer to outsource the job to people who specialize on making them.

I can't make every money that comes my way
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Waited for the filing machine to come the whole of today. It happened that it came in yesterday and the driver took it to another town.
It was after I created a small scene that they started looking for it and then realized it wasn't even at their warehouse.
Took delivery of it and I am glad and fulfilled with the money spent

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Today being Thursday, I went back to site with my team. Couldn't make it yesterday as planned due to restrictions of movement.

Started by marking out the area and have one of my workers start digging it.

Took a break because it started raining now. I hope it doesn't happen again during the course of doing this job

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Due to the height and weight of the load which this tank stand is meant to handle, I had to devise a new approach for the foundation.

I don't know what it's called. So if you can help me with the name, that will be great

The base plates for this job is the last photo

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
Started today by mixing the concrete

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:09am On Sep 12, 2021
While working on the foundation, the foundation bolts were formed in a cube format

1 Like

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2021
While working on that, we did a bit of carpentry works too.

Formed the board that will hold the foundation in place

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2021
Started with pouring the concrete which happens to be the main job of the day.

After the first set were settled, the linking chains were welded which would make the foundation stronger and better.

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 7:32am On Sep 12, 2021
At end of the day, we completed pouring the concrete.

We did a total of twenty three bags of cement and yet it wasn't enough. My workers will be mixing another four bags which will be brought in this morning

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by mufutau55(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Following. Nice job.

Hajji M.
Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
It's Sunday and we don't rest literally. We started by mixing more concrete

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Poured the concrete and dressed the surface.

Also washed the bolts to prevent the thread from being tampered with. In some cases, some ignore it and then tightening the base becomes an issue with the thread being bad

Re: Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904 by michlins(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Just after we were done, came the rain so the whole place was covered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Roofing A House In Nigeria / FCTA To Demolish 19 Villages In FCT Abuja Nigeria. / Talk To An Architect (oak Group)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.