Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere (34145 Views)

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings / Shekh Gumi: Bandits Deserve Respect, Empathy, They Have Children, Families / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2021
I don't think banditry is going anywhere for this country.

*Nigerian government keep dismissing trained soldiers here and there (their only work is to kill and nothing more)
*Majority of these dismissed soldiers are northerners
*The most affected part is North
*Most of them operate in military regalia

To control banditry, the government needs to look for another means of punishing soldiers rather than unnecessary dismissal.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by ProfessorBerlin(m): 9:26am On Sep 06, 2021
I'm just coming out of a ban

Everybody just dey abuse power even for nairaland

I will say it and say it again without any apologies, this people are all terrorists, you can ban me forever, nairaland no be by force

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by sabreal: 9:26am On Sep 06, 2021
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-bandits-are-going-nowhere-shiekh-gumi-declares/

Another major confirmation of the kind of taith it is.

If u re still in this religion, repent before its too late
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by ChasinGood(m): 9:27am On Sep 06, 2021
Nation is fvcked,like badly!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by EJEHSON(m): 9:27am On Sep 06, 2021
Buhari will pretend he didn't hear this one, DSS will pretend they didn't hear him.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2021
Good analysis of the problem.

Having said that, we cannot be excusing lawlessness for long
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 9:27am On Sep 06, 2021
cry
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by EricSmallz(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2021
Wow
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by excel101(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2021
Its just a matter of time soonest the Northern part of Nigeria would be destroyed by its people.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by RodgersAkpafu: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2021
How many of you took time to read ?

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2021
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I just admire this man for always speaking truth to power sad
Get out! Christians have sense. U don't.

6 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by ba7man(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2021
Since they're not going anywhere, kill everyone of them........their supporters and accomplices.

Even Gumi too can be fair game if he gets in the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2021
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I just admire this man for always speaking truth to power sad
Shut up osiso! You lie too much, you are a fu*king Northern head slammer. Your shame dey catch me

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Tomilola360: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2021
when will this guy be picked and locked up?

always spewing thrash.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Ganvic: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2021
This sound logically good if it has sincerity of purpose in it.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by REALretep(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by ayenale1(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2021
Abacha once said if terrorism last for 24hrs...government has a hand in it...govt is fully aware of the tensions in the North and bubu through his actions is their godfather...
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Benmob: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2021
GOTVee:
idiot from birth, born again finish u there!

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by obailala(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:
How many of you took time to read ?
Nobody who commented on first and almost the entire second page bothered to read the article. It's just a symptom of a great problem we have in Nigeria.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by rayvelez(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2021
ENDSARS Movement don suffer nah so dem compare it with bandits.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Futureyahooboi(m): 9:35am On Sep 06, 2021
Because they told us all that this is our father’s land, lol. This country na cruise I swear
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2021
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-bandits-are-going-nowhere-shiekh-gumi-declares/
Make una madness remain for North, no carry'am enter South.. Bravo!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Amaechi2023(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2021
The article is packaged with grammas upon gramas.
But at this point, it's obvious this man is sympathetic to terrorism and banditry. Severally northern leaders has used dialogue to rekindle but it has proved ineffective.
Why should it be when they have no real justifyable course of fighting?
Since the new chief of army staff assumed office, we've been having positive results as to the fight against banditry and slowly peace is returning. I'm not saying it has stopped but truth is the bandits as well as book boys are having it hot.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by stepaside2: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2021
Sheik Gumi though very unpopular makes some points. It is purely an economic problem whose resolution lies in understanding the issues and resolving them. The issues around cattle rustling, alienation, profiling, lack of educational opportunities are at the root of the security issues in the NW. Kinetic and non kinetic approaches are required. Carrot and stick approach should work. He mentioned the case of the ND militants and what has since been achieved. Before throwing away the baby with the bath water, perhaps good to sift through some of the messages he is trying to pass
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Drunkdick85(m): 9:39am On Sep 06, 2021
Did he just compare ENDSARS movement with bandit?

He really needs help.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by stepaside2: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2021
obailala:
Nobody who commented on first and almost the entire second page bothered to read the article. It's just a symptom of a great problem we have in Nigeria.
Precisely. I often find that a lot of our people are steeped in ethnic chauvinism, religious bigotry and selfish preservation. By the way, this applies to ALL parts of this country
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Benmob: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2021
excel101:
Its just a matter of time soonest the Northern part of Nigeria would be destroyed by its people.
it has already, many northern state are closing school,market,movement and people now leaving in IDP camp as their home, u will not see that lovenorth condemning diz gumi and bandits killing there people but will comment any news against south
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by phemmie06(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2021
Chief bandit has spoken
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Bellotelli: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2021
GOTVee:
I concur sir. Pay no attention to those bashing you... They ignore the message because of their disdain for the messenger.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Abagworo(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2021
I reason with Sheikh Gunmi on this one. The easiest way to end a crisis is in not starting it at all. Government should only deploy full force after exploring Gunmi's option and it fails
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by MightySparrow: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2021
That little thing in Arabic translates to this plenty thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Elisha Abbo Appears At Senate Investigative Committee (Photos) / Governor Dikko And Ibrahim Masari Visit President Tinubu At His Abuja Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.