Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor (653 Views)

Overcoming Sexual Related Sins As A Young Christian. / Pastor Abel Damina Accused Of Sodomising A Young Boy / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by BItt: 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good evening family and friends, brothers and sisters. Please I need real advise from real people with experience.

I am planning to go into answering God's call. At the same time I want to seek councel of real people out there.

What jobs could I engage in that won't affect my pastorial career.
Thanks and God bless you
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by ItsReal: 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
Sorry o, which of the gods? The father, son or the holy spirit?

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Goldbw122(m): 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
Don't worry pastors are coming
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by ItsReal: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
The Bible's Greatest Miracle - how it works.

----------------------------------

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

2. Soon, you will either turn into
a) Atheist
b) Muslim or
c) Donkey

That's the Bible's greatest miracle.

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

For example, ask these questions, then answer them yourselves

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

repeat and the warm of madness will slowly creep to your mind..and soul...

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by delugadou(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
BItt:
Good evening family and friends, brothers and sisters. Please I need real advise from real people with experience.

I am planning to go into answering God's call. At the same time I want to seek councel of real people out there.

Thanks and God bless you
in my opinion, you should not rush to be a pastor. I see pastors as spiritual suicide bombers. Make sure that you are hearing clearly from the Holy Spirit, then you might not even need a job. It's a mysterious way of life. A pastor's testimony always defies logic. I was being pushed to be a youth pastor in my church, but I refused because I'm not hearing clearly. The apostles were first equipped in the upper room before launching out to the world. You know what they suffered, despite the power they possessed. Don't expect a jolly ride
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by inforesource: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
If you are still not sure which job you should invest your life in, then I can tell you of a truth that you should check if truly God is calling you. Don't create more problem to the name Pastor. Go and get yourself established and be successful before you answer the call if there is any.

BItt:

Thanks and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you
Forget about this so-called title that men place on themselves! What makes you believe that you even belong to Jesus Christ and what you do is of Him? undecided
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you

From the na.sty comments you have received above sir, you may want to turn everything around for your own good.

If genuinely, you want to really work for God, evangelism is broad, and you may look into areas that will help your ministrations. You can use a stone to kill many birds. While making money, you are also spreading the gospel.

1. Rural development
You get involved in developing rural areas, and the best way is farming. You may start with gardening, and then proceed. See, the main challenge in farming is unfaithful worker. But when you are seen as a spiritual leader, your followers will be faithful. They can be farm helping hands or recommend very loyal workers. There is huge profit in farming. Trust me. Poultry, piggery, fishery, crops - grains, tubers, vegetables, etc.

2. Technology
You may want to get involved with coding. All you need is to have yoyd computer and your brian. Job opportunities you will be looking for is remote; hence, this will not disturb your calling. You can learn graphics design, 3d design and printing, web developments, data analysis, etc.

3. Content Writing
Sit down at home and start writing SEO high ranking articles for websites. You may even search for Christian sites which pays. This is a skill you must learn very well like the two above. And it takes time to perfect it. I know people who earn $2,000 and above writing. When you are perfect, you can start your own website and monetize it. This is not just the normal websites people make and go hungry. First you start earning money working for others, and gradually build yours. It may take 2 years of dedication before you start earning fro your own website..

These are the three I can think of now. There are still more definitely. I just want you to know that you must put all your mind there. Learn the secret of making money in any area you choose to go into.

Goodluck sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Jafaar: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
you can learn forex trading,apostle Joshua selman was a forex trader but no time now.
or I will advice you to seek God in prayer and fasting,read the word in holiness and consecration then pray for the gift of the holy spirit like prophecy,working of miracle or just all 9 of them.
then use them and help people ,don't ask for money which is wrong .at least 3 in 10 will bless you,plenty of the big pastors like oyedepo,apostle Johnson suleman don't touch tithe it is people that gift them billions then the world will say the eat church money
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Jafaar: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
you can learn forex trading,apostle Joshua selman was a forex trader but no time now.
or I will advice you to seek God in prayer and fasting,read the word in holiness and consecration then pray for the gift of the holy spirit like prophecy,working of miracle or just all 9 of them.
then use them and help people ,don't ask for money which is wrong .at least 3 in 10 will bless you,plenty of the big pastors like oyedepo,apostle Johnson suleman don't touch tithe it is people that gift them billions then the world will say the eat church money
and lastly I will advice you to go to a school of ministry ,salvation ministry has one also Joshua selman has one in zaria
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
Jafaar:
Jesus Christ said that those who belong to Him do not work for food that perishes but instead for food that endures to eternal life which only He, Jesus Christ, can give - John 6 vs 25 - 33. undecided

So,tell us how forex, and everything else you have suggested here are of Him and His command to you as one who claims to believe in Him? undecided
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Jafaar: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said that those who belong to Him do not work for food that perishes but instead for food that endures to eternal life which only He, Jesus Christ, can give - John 6 vs 25 - 33. undecided

So,tell us how forex, and everything else you have suggested here are of Him and His command to you as one who claims to believe in Him? undecided
l see nothing wrong in all I have said,so you are saying that he should not work because he is being called by Christ?
then about the forex trading ,when selman was in ministry the holy spirit told him audibly to learn forex trading or don't you know if you align with God you can talk to him as you talk to man

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
Jafaar:
l see nothing wrong in all I have said,so you are saying that he should not work because he is being called by Christ?
then about the forex trading ,when selman was in ministry the holy spirit told him audibly to learn forex trading or don't you know if you align with God you can talk to him as you talk to man
Again, please read what Jesus Christ said to even YOU who claim to believe in Him, in John 6 vs 25 - 33, and then re-read my previous question to you.
Kobojunkie:

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:25am On Sep 07, 2021
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you

If God called you you won't ask this things here you would be talking with him and he will give you directions because he speaks to his children all the time

But if you called yourself to serve him it still good

You can do any work your hands find doing
Pastor work is manly on Sunday so you have other days to work and prepare for Bible study

The whole Saturday is enough to prepare for what to teach the next day

So Monday to Friday use it to do any work you see

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by NATUREOFPOETRY: 3:39am On Sep 07, 2021
If God really called you, go to him for your solutions. Let him lead you to whoever will be of help. I'm sure your emotions led you to bringing this topic on this platform not the Holy Spirit (I stand to be corrected)

What if you start working and He tells you that's not His plan for you?

You have to hear from HIM first.
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by NATUREOFPOETRY: 3:42am On Sep 07, 2021
ItsReal:
The Bible's Greatest Miracle - how it works.

----------------------------------

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

2. Soon, you will either turn into
a) Atheist
b) Muslim or
c) Donkey

That's the Bible's greatest miracle.

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

For example, ask these questions, then answer them yourselves

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

repeat and the warm of madness will slowly creep to your mind..and soul...

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer

First, I will want you to answer this questions
1. How was the earth created
2. What existed before the creation
3. How did humans come into existence
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by NATUREOFPOETRY: 3:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Jafaar:
and lastly I will advice you to go to a school of ministry ,salvation ministry has one also Joshua selman has one in zaria

The second opinion should be the first.
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:12am On Sep 07, 2021
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you
If you really want to heed God's call, these questions you're asking ought to be directed at Him not those who didn't call you.

He could direct someone else in a different direction to yours, so ask Him how He'd would have you go about yours. His response would be the best and wisest because He knows best the plans He has for you.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2021
According to the Bible in ancient times the true God often speak to his people through different means but now He is speaking to the entire human race through Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things! Hebrews 1:1

God sent Jesus to redeem all humans so those who respond to that call He (God) will use in different ways {Ephesians 4:11} but they all have the same line of thought! Romans 15:5-6; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3 compare to John 17:20-23

So there is no one special in this calling God is calling everyone of us {Revelations 22:17} the real Christians will contact you and TEACH you all what Jesus commaded {Matthew 28:18-20} then you're good to go after your baptism to also preach and teach others in your neighbourhood. As for those telling people that God specially called them to bear religious titles they're all THIEVES! Matthew 23:8-10 smiley
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by NATUREOFPOETRY: 6:42am On Sep 07, 2021
Can we have a chat on that?
I believe it's something crucial and you can divert from the plan of God unknowingly when one doesn't handle matters like this with utmost caution.
Let's discuss
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2021
To all of you above telling the young man to go and ask God what he should if truly called by God is being over over spiritual. Who or what told you he has not consulted God? And did you know what he was told?

Let us not be super spiritual in everything. So called men of God try to be like this, but the end game is to eat from the tithe and offering. However, this is a man who wants to know what he can do. Is it bad to ask the options?

And to you all who told him to ask God, there are better ways to put it. Give him suggestions, and then tell him to go pray about them. God will not come down from heaven to help anyone. This over spiritualism is why Nigeria is like this. With the number of the so called men and women of God, programs, activities, members, etc we shouldn't be talking about corruption in Nigeria. The same people who go to church on Suns to do all spiritualism are the same looters, liars, and deceivers from Mons to Sats. So who are we deceiving?

A beg keep your talk to God to yourselves if you do not have any suggestions for him, and let the young man read ideas from others. If you know how to talk to God, good for you. Use it first for your own benefits and let us see the fruits in you before you discourage another person trying to do the right thing.

@Bltt,
Nothing is new. Innovation is building on what others have already done. There is nothing new under the sun. So, take to my suggestion:

1. Ignore all negative comments and "go and talk to God" responses.

2. Do not even argue with them.

3. As in, just use your imaginary shovel and dump them into a trash box, close it, and don't ever open it.

4. Then, look at the options others give you.

5. Write them all down

6. Prayerfully, ask God to lead you

7. Look at where your strengths are

8. Research those your mind tells you to do very well.

9. Again, prayerfully ask God to guide you. Do it continuously.

10. When you find peace with one, find out how to learn it.

11. Check out free options first. Do not go and pay. Everything you want to learn these days is in the internet.

Sir, if you need help with tech and coding, content writing, or gardening, free feel to send me a message via NL. I'll shoot you materials (videos and books) you can use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by BItt: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

If God called you you won't ask this things here you would be talking with him and he will give you directions because he speaks to his children all the time

But if you called yourself to serve him it still good

You can do any work your hands find doing
Pastor work is manly on Sunday so you have other days to work and prepare for Bible study

The whole Saturday is enough to prepare for what to teach the next day

So Monday to Friday use it to do any work you see
a minister's work isn't mainly on Sunday

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by BItt: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

From the na.sty comments you have received above sir, you may want to turn everything around for your own good.
well there are nasty comments but people's ideas and opinions cant always be the same as ours.
Philippians 2:3 says and I quote" Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves".
No matter how offensive they may sound Each comment matters as they are subconsciously trying to learn
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by BItt: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

These are the three I can think of now. There are still more definitely. I just want you to know that you must put all your mind there. Learn the secret of making money in any area you choose to go into.

Goodluck sir.
Thanks and God bless sir
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by BItt: 8:11am On Sep 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
According to the Bible in ancient times the true God often speak to his people through different means but now He is speaking to the entire human race through Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things! Hebrews 1:1

God sent Jesus to redeem all humans so those who respond to that call He (God) will use in different ways {Ephesians 4:11} but they all have the same line of thought! Romans 15:5-6; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3 compare to John 17:20-23

So there is no one special in this calling God is calling everyone of us {Revelations 22:17} the real Christians will contact you and TEACH you all what Jesus commaded {Matthew 28:18-20} then you're good to go after your baptism to also preach and teach others in your neighbourhood. As for those telling people that God specially called them to bear religious titles they're all THIEVES! Matthew 23:8-10 smiley

I understand sir. God bless you
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 07, 2021
BItt:
well there are nasty comments but people's ideas and opinions can not oftentimes be the same as ours.
Philippians 2:3 says and I quote" Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves".
No matter how offensive they may sound Each comment matters as they are subconsciously trying to learn

I think you really need this verse. Anyway, someone asks but the reply may be for others. You are young looking for answers but really? You really need the advice and the verse.

Goodluck!
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
BItt:
a minister's work isn't mainly on Sunday
The Work of everyone, not just those you call your ministers, is to believe in Jesus Christ which is to live in continual submission to and obedience of His Word... that is the kind of work He has given us to do. - John 6 vs 25 - 40. undecided
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by BItt: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I think you really need this verse. Anyway, someone asks but the reply may be for others. You are young looking for answers but really? You really need the advice and the verse.

Goodluck!

No sir, I wasn't disapproving your post. I am giving you more credence to it. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by Nephilim: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you
Do you want to be like Paul, or like Jonah or like Peter, it's not about the extra work you are doing that will survive you, a call to serve, it's most time not a call to bliss. Keep praying for direction, you will have to wait on God.
Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by petra1(m): 7:57am On Sep 08, 2021
BItt:

Thanks and God bless you

My first advice is that you submit yourself under a Pastor under whom you train and receive guidance.

we have 2 kinds of Pastors.
1. Lay Pastors : They are volunteers . 90% of Denomination Pastors fall under this category. They dont get paid in church because they have jobs and businesses.
2.Full time Pastors They are not into any other job so that they couod give full attention to the needs of the brethren through prayers ,intercession,counseling. visitation and ministration.

But we also have some full time Pastors who still do some things to support the work especially as a General overseer. Every reposnsibiliy rest on him most times. if thats what you're talking about. You can do any job to support the ministry for a start. but its always better to be self employed. just in case God leads you into days of fasting and seclusion you will have problem at work . A secular boss may sack you. so its better to do a business that you can control or a business others could run for you.

Why some are bashing you here .You may still listen to some good fellas counsel like PeacejoyLove

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help... A Young Aspiring Pastor by SparklingWindow(f): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
As the spirit leads

(1) (Reply)

. / False Preachers Who Come In Sheep Clothing / Obi Cubana Visits Pastor Paul Enenche At Dunamis Gospel Center(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.