Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta (6236 Views)

Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed Moved To Tears Over Insults To Family / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny / Isa Pantami Shed Tears Over Killings In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello guys, I've just found out their is an indigenous Yoruba clan in Aniocha North Area of Delta state.

They are called the Olukumi people.

Knowing this tonight have bought tears to my eyes cry

I now understand how techwaya felt after finding out Opobo is part of Igbo land cry cry

We won't cede an inch of Yoruba land to the Igbos.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 07, 2021
Even the igbos know their boundaries is within the 5 state dot. All what you see online is empty bluster.....let them vent.

15 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by SlayerForever: 12:10am On Sep 07, 2021
Lwkmd. Yoruba people ehn

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Naigleria1: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by dasparrow: 1:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Nairaland! Sigh! grin

I was reading about the Olukumi people just the other day. They have an interesting history. They are a mixed people who descended from indigenous Igbos and Yoruba migrants from Owo, Akure. They speak a Yoruba dialect called Olukwumi and the Enuani Igbo dialect. I noticed many of them bear Igbo names as well. How cool is that?! Let's keep learning and shun tribalism.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by TarOrfeeek: 1:35am On Sep 07, 2021
This is a welcome development.

When Odudwa Republic is founded, Olujumu people will be deported back to the SW.

It's a very good thing to have brethren abroad.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Naigleria1: 1:44am On Sep 07, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

When Odudwa Republic is founded, Olujumu people will be deported back to the SW.

Ah ah shocked grin
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 07, 2021
Ndo. Sorry. Take Hanky. Dry your tears. cheesy cheesy

14 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

They can't be deported from Delta. Their lands will automatically become that of Odua land.

Unless you will also agree with me that igbos in Rivers and Delta should be deported back to the South East by Edo's and Ijaws grin

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2021
No part of Yoruba land will be ceded to the Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2021
kmcutez:
Ndo. Sorry. Take Hanky. Dry your tears. cheesy cheesy
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 10:45am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
They can't be deported from Delta. Their lands will automatically become that of Odua land.

Unless you will also agree with me that igbos in Rivers and Delta should be deported back to the South East by Edo's and Ijaws grin

Ijaw does not own Rivers state their territory start and end in Bayelsa state. Igbos are indigenous people in both Rivers and Delta state.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2021
paramakina202:

Ijaw does not own Rivers state their territory start and end in Bayelsa state. Igbos are indigenous people in both Rivers and Delta state.
Yorubas are indigenous In Delta state too. The people of Olukumi in Aniocha and Isekiris in Delta state are indigenous to Delta.

Asari Dokunbo is from Rivers State. Are you saying Asari Dokunbo is an Igbo man or he is an Ogoni man from Rivers State?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Yorubas are indigenous In Delta state too. The people of Olukumi in Aniocha and Isekiris in Delta state are indigenous to Delta.

Asari Dokunbo is from Rivers State. Are you saying Asari Dokunbo is an Igbo man or he is an Ogoni man from Rivers State?

Asari great grandfather was an Igboman from Abam in Abia state and the reason he goes with Igbo warrior title of Ediabali. Asari himself has said it several times.
The Yoruba migrants were accomodated by indigenous Igbo community they met on the ground the reason they speak both Igbo and a Yoruba dialect.

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2021
paramakina202:

The Yoruba migrants were accomodated by indigenous Igbo community they met on the ground the reason they speak both Igbo and a Yoruba dialect.
Lol

Please can you show me your evidence for this?

No part of Olukumi will be ceded to Igbos.

9 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Lol

Please can you show me your evidence for this?

No part of Olukumi will be ceded to Igbos.

What evidence?
Don't you know its a mix community?

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 10, 2021
paramakina202:

What evidence?
Don't you know its a mix community?
I know, the Yorubas arrived first. They didn't just have the numbers, just like the ijaws that occupy some part of Rivers State but speak igbo.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I know, the Yorubas arrived first. They didn't just have the numbers, just like the ijaws that occupy some part of Rivers State but speak igbo.
grin now show me evidence they arrived first before the aborigines grin. And how do you intend to carve out one hamlet deep inside Igbo territory to your far away Odua nation?

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by skybeauty(f): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Asari himself has several times admitted that he has IGBO ancestry.

7 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

You're getting it wrong. So you'll cross Edo State into northern delta state to claim land. This is so different from rivers and delta state that igbo lands were ceded to rivers and delta states because of shared boundaries.

5 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 10, 2021
paramakina202:

grin now show me evidence they arrived first before the aborigines grin. And how do you intend to carve out one hamlet deep inside Igbo territory to your far away Odua nation?
You haven't shown me your own evidence, you want me to show you mine grin

6 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

You're getting it wrong. So you'll cross Edo State into northern delta state to claim land.
Yes!

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2021
skybeauty:

Asari himself has several times admitted that he has IGBO ancestry.
Why are you telling me all this

Go check the question I asked again... It might be someone else you wanna quote grin

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Yes!
No nah! Delta Igbo, most especially the northern part is an Igbo land. There are about 25 local govt areas and 3 senatorial districts in the political nomenclature Delta state. Delta north, delta central and delta south. Delta north that shares the same boundary with Anambra is the highest with 9 local government of which 95 percent of its people are Igbos. Delta central has 8 local govt that comprises Urhobo and Isoko while Delta south with its 8 local govt is shared by Ijaws and Itshekiris.

4 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by forgiveness: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

No nah! Delta Igbo, most especially the northern part is an Igbo land. There are about 25 local govt areas and 3 senatorial districts in the political nomenclature Delta state. Delta north, delta central and delta south. Delta north that shares the same boundary with Anambra is the highest with 9 local government of which 95 percent of its people are Igbos. Delta central has 8 local govt that comprises Urhobo and Isoko while Delta south with its 8 local govt is shared by Ijaws and Itshekiris.

Ezeokwu!

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Ndokwa and Ukwuani are comprised of Ndokwa/Ukwuani and Isoko people. I’m Isoko from Ndokwa East. Isokomarine

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by RobbStark(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Hello guys, I've just found out their is an indigenous Yoruba clan in Aniocha North Area of Delta state.

They are called the Olukumi people.

Knowing this tonight have bought tears to my eyes cry

I now understand how techwaya felt after finding out Opobo is part of Igbo land cry cry

We won't cede an inch of Yoruba land to the Igbos.

It's too early bro
Just so you know, Opobo, bonnyy is not and will never be Ibo.
We are Ijaws.
The fact that some persons speak Ibo doesn't make them Ibo.

That all I want to clear.

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by techwaya: 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
cheesy
RobbStark:

It's too early bro
Just so you know, Opobo, bonnyy is not and will never be Ibo.
We are Ijaws.
The fact that some persons speak Ibo doesn't make them Ibo.

That all I want to clear.

Thank you

cheesy

Ijaw and binni migrants into igboland will be sent packing when jungle mature.

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by RobbStark(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
techwaya:
cheesy

cheesy

Ijaw and binni migrants into igboland will be sent packing when jungle mature.

Normal noise.
Say something else.

Your noise na here e end.

8 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
kmcutez:

Ndokwa and Ukwuani are comprised of Ndokwa/Ukwuani and Isoko people. I’m Isoko from Ndokwa East. Isokomarine
Nah! You're mixed either through marriage or migration just like the Yorubas there and you people constitute the 5%. If you want to claim Isoko then you should move to Delta Central where your people are. Ndokwa/Ukwuani people are ndigbo.

3 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You haven't shown me your own evidence, you want me to show you mine grin

OK. Make we meet in person In Asaba make i show you because Na physical evidence I get.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
paramakina202:

OK. Make we meet in person In Asaba make i show you because Na physical evidence I get.
Drop your phone number make I call you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti Airport Vs Ogun State Airport Vs Ebonyi Airport / CSU: Hurray, BAT Is Finally Free!!! / Huge Capital Flight Hits Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.