Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary (31002 Views)

Have They Increased Your Salary? / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? / How Not To Spend Your Salary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Prenonjebose: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2021
It breaks my heart whenever I hear or see men and women who have to depend on what they make on a daily basis to feed their families. Basically, feeding is the much they can offer their children. Imagine what the unrelenting rainfall must done to their finances.
I often try my best to assist, but the situation is rather overwhelming.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by West2019(m): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2021
I beg buhari is a curse
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2021
Doubuzofficial:

Yousef see your name smh
Forget my name, as a good person,can u help me in any way?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Beckyroman: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2021
I have learnt to control my appetite even when I'm hungry. Seriously not easy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by NohurryInLife: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2021
Make una come imagine ppl wey no get job at all oooo...na why if I chop finish, I dey always pray for ppl wey never chop I swear.

E tough ooo my ppl

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by dondave61(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2021
And some persons won't let me rest with their talk of Go and marry! Go and marry! This country weak person o

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Kwara1stson: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2021
Omo na side hustle affiliate marketing dey help person life
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by jaeyking(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Wahala for salary earners in this buhari regime.
Reason I keep telling people to get an Online /Remote Job earning means.

In another news if you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets and you ain't earning via your online activities in this times of economic crisis in Nigeria then you are very unwise.
To earn online you have to possess and make use of one or all three of this basics;
# Skill
# Service
# Investment Capital.
learn how to earn $100 weekly with Whiteboard Animation for just a token mentorship of $20 or it's equivalent in Naira.....you will be held by the hand for a 4weeks training towards the mastery and earning even before the end of the training period.
reach out via the facebook id on my profile...i won't respond to email requests.
Get your ass a digital skill mentorship!

@Seniorwriter

All of you coming here to say get an online job
This and that
Do you know there are people who actually earn more than u do in a month.

The major tin is have control over your spendings and all that.

I stay in a less expensive place in Nigeria.
And seriously I have more than enough to even ball in most cases

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2021
Payperboii:

I go still de bomb de go,
na God true true
U know the levels my OG. Ehmm u go fit help me run uk number for WhatsApp? the one am using just dey misbehave
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by AutoChick4U(f): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2021
I'm unemployed and nursing a baby on top, how do I manage? By being prudent and God too.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by HopeAlive16(f): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:
During Jonathan, i had a job that paid me about 210k per month, i was ok. Now i have a job that pays more than twice of that and i am finding it hard to live comfortably and 'ball'

Now, imagine what people who don't work now go through. Truly, in seeking for solution, Nigeria found a problem
... "in seeking for solution, Nigeria found a problem" this is deep embarassed.God help us o
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Who you dey ask?

A man who wrecked your economy in 1984 was packaged by some hard core and desperate polithiefcians led by Tinubu.

SEE, the man has hardship distribution in his gene. He CAN NEVER make a nation prosper. He will only inflict pain and hardship on people and then turn back to BLAME SOMETHING.

Enjoy your change people!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by AutoChick4U(f): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2021
jaeyking:

This and that

Kindly spare a Lil for us
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Blesyn22(m): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Loans upon loans

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Nnemuka(f): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Salary earners are trying oo
I earned about 150k from a small gig I did last week Friday 3rd sep. As at today 7th of September I have 18k left of the money...

Omo Naira is useless shocked shocked shocked
I cant even believe I blew over a 100k in 3days...
Ok I bought one human hair grin grin and paid my own contributions towards grandma burial but....

phewww....

7 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by AgentGoat: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2021
You should be asking how is my salary managing me.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Ayo2004: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2021
jaeyking:

This and that

Don't mind that guy o
If he was earning so much,why is he going around begging people to come and learn while paying learning fees

I have never seen a rich man begging the poor to come and learn from his source of wealth

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by AutoChick4U(f): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Who you dey ask?

A man who wrecked your economy in 1984 was packaged by some hard core and desperate polithiefcians led by Tinubu.

SEE, the man has hardship distribution in his gene. He CAN NEVER make a nation prosper. He will only inflict pain and hardship on people and then turn back to BLAME SOMETHING.

Enjoy your change people!!!
Those alive in 1984 and experienced the hardship are the ones to be blamed
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by ashafson: 9:35am On Sep 07, 2021
slenjaman:
Dear salary earners like me, how do you manage your salary with the current economic situation and high cost of commodities (more than 50% and above), how do you cope.
1. Reduce spending,spend only when necesary
2. Use car only wen going out with family else use motocycle
3. Stay at home except wen extremely necesary to go out
4. Reduce meat qty or replace with egg or fish
5. Buy different/cheaper food stuff
6. Reduce amount of gifts giving
7. Try some small petty businesses at home
8. Buy stuffs in bulk
Etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Angelfrost(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2021
simplepee:
I'm not a salary earner but I would really love to know how you all do the "magic" as the average Nigerian youth's salary is less than 60k. How do you all do it abeg??

Honestly, I will like to hear it too...

I see the current cost of basic commodities like food, fuel, gas, etc, and I wonder how those families earning less than 60k a month are doing it?!!

I mean, a single person can't even survive on 50k a month in this accursed administration. How then can husband, wife and kids survive on it?!! What and how do they feed?!!

This country is sitting on a very dangerous time bomb!!!

Those of you who think you are financially secure, hence far removed from the million others should think again...

A nation with millions poor and hungry is completely ripe for anarchy!!! No one is safe!!! High fences and personal security won't mean a damn thing!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Newusername(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2021
pickatyoubackup:
Things are not that expensive. The naira is just a shitty currency.

Sardine was 250naira before per one but now 600/650 naira ma/sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2021
The5DME:
I earn 13k a month: data, transport, feeding, taking care of myself dey chop everything. I literally have no savings; can't even eave anything. My only hope is to make it as a software engineer. Life's not easy when you are poor.
Do you live on your own? Because I don’t understand how 13k can do all these for you. That’s not even up to how much I spend on airtime alone in a month.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by pstemma1990: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:
During Jonathan, i had a job that paid me about 210k per month, i was ok. Now i have a job that pays more than twice of that and i am finding it hard to live comfortably and 'ball'

Now, imagine what people who don't work now go through. Truly, in seeking for solution, Nigeria found a problem
and my salary is just 15k in this 2021..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by NohurryInLife: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2021
dondave61:
And some persons won't let me rest with their talk of Go and marry! Go and marry! This country weak person o
Baba abeg no mind them oooo. Them go tell you say marriage dey open door....the question na which door??
If you sha dey deceive ppl, abeg no deceive yourself oo my brother. When you balance well well wey you sef know say you don balance, you fit kom dey reason marriage abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Those alive in 1984 and experienced the hardship are the ones to be blamed
How??/
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Bmaster(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2021
JosephXavier:
It hasn't been easy at all

The first thing I do when I receive salary is to draw up a list of the things I don't have in the house and shop for them first especially foodstuffs because the worst thing that would happen to you is if you're hungry in this kind of economic situation

Then I subscribe for internet and my DSTV to keep me entertained in the house to avoid some unnecessary things that would make me spend like going out often

I try not to carry a lot if cash around so as not to fall into the temptation of unnecessary expenses

Finally, as a single guy, I avoid slay mamas for unnecessary billing or if I can't, I'll just say things to get them upset and not apologising so that the drama will last long

Not to mention that I'm still acquiring skills to help me move out of this country and be useful outside because I can't allow my kids experience what I'm experiencing
how 'bout crypto, grin grin
You no de keep money wey u go invest ?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Joshvent82: 9:40am On Sep 07, 2021
JosephXavier:
It hasn't been easy at all

The first thing I do when I receive salary is to draw up a list of the things I don't have in the house and shop for them first especially foodstuffs because the worst thing that would happen to you is if you're hungry in this kind of economic situation

Then I subscribe for internet and my DSTV to keep me entertained in the house to avoid some unnecessary things that would make me spend like going out often

I try not to carry a lot if cash around so as not to fall into the temptation of unnecessary expenses

Finally, as a single guy, I avoid slay mamas for unnecessary billing or if I can't, I'll just say things to get them upset and not apologising so that the drama will last long

Not to mention that I'm still acquiring skills to help me move out of this country and be useful outside because I can't allow my kids experience what I'm experiencing

Correct guy...l like the upset them part.

Like to share? What sorts of skills are you getting?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Angelfrost(m): 9:40am On Sep 07, 2021
dondave61:

Brother, don't try it!!!... Just don't!

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Onyi22(f): 9:40am On Sep 07, 2021
When you have a rich nigga by your side, You won't even remember if Buhari is still the president or not
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Rubbiish(m): 9:41am On Sep 07, 2021
Ayo2004:
Whoever said that adulthood makes sense is truly a liar
As a student,I was surviving,paying my school fees and everything on my own through social media influencing on Twitter
Now the useless FG has banned Twitter,none of the companies are no longer using Twitter so no more money for me

The 300k I was saving to set up a work station for programming and learning online is now what I use to pay my fees and other bills...
Nothing like hardwork,honesty and determination pays
Only the wicked and cunning survive in this country

Shey man no go start yahoo like this
There is no worse hell than Nigeria
Quite sad @bold
Reason govt should stop making senseless decision just to please their ego! What have Nigeria as a nation gained from the twitter ban? It has only make things more difficult for people! This current govt is something else. Ban twitter, ban crypto, wetin youth wan take survive!
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Ayo2004: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2021
Nnemuka:
Salary earners are trying oo
I earned about 150k from a small gig I did last week Friday 3rd sep. As at today 7th of September I have 18k left of the money...

Omo Naira is useless shocked shocked shocked
I cant even believe I blew over a 100k in 3days...
Ok I bought one human hair grin grin and paid my own contributions towards grandma burial but....

phewww....
Abeg,shed more light on this gig stuff
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Angelfrost(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2021
grossintel:
Do you live on your own? Because I don’t understand how 13k can do all these for you. That’s not even up to how much I spend on airtime alone in a month.

You na Boss na!!! grin grin grin

Trust me, a lot of Nigerians don't earn up to 25k a month!!

I'm talking graduates here!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated / The Agony Of Unemployed Medical Graduates In Nigeria / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.