Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary (30914 Views)

Have They Increased Your Salary? / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? / How Not To Spend Your Salary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Kubernetes: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Limassol:
Local or Foreign rice? Even if it's local it's still outrageous. I could remember less than a decade ago the vast majority of Nigerians shun local rice for obvious reasons,not it's a luxury not everyone can afford. I weap for my people!

I mean local Rice
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Kubernetes: 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lablover01:

Wow
Which part of the north is that.

I bought one mudu of rice #1450 and beans ₦1400 few days ago in the seat of Caliphate.

Village markets in Niger State.
I mean local rice ooo

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Kubernetes: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
JB4life:

Capital lies.
Which village market in North be that??

Name the location,please!

Why will I lie?
I went to two village markets in Niger state.
Local rice is btw #520-550
New maize is #250-#300

I won't answer u again.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by dfrost: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Willie2015:

We have harvest period (Sept to Dec)....
For major grains...
I tried as much as possible to stock basic items durin harvest.

Another angle. Nice one.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Payperboii(m): 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
SmellySperm:

U know the levels my OG. Ehmm u go fit help me run uk number for WhatsApp? the one am using just dey misbehave
+19133461513
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by SimplePlan34: 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
danielbello:
Cut ur cloth according to ur cloth

Guy the cloth can not cover unclothedness again oo. Nothing to cut.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Lablover01: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kubernetes:

Village markets in Niger State.
I mean local rice ooo

Okay.
That of #1450 is foreign rice

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by MhiztaFrank(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
On God....we no go o die
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by TripleAkutigi: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
JosephXavier:
It hasn't been easy at all

The first thing I do when I receive salary is to draw up a list of the things I don't have in the house and shop for them first especially foodstuffs because the worst thing that would happen to you is if you're hungry in this kind of economic situation

Then I subscribe for internet and my DSTV to keep me entertained in the house so as to avoid some unnecessary things that would make me leave my house and spend unnecessarily

I try not to carry a lot of cash around so as not to fall into the temptation of unnecessary expenses

Finally, as a single guy, I avoid slay mamas for unnecessary billing or if I can't, I'll just say things to get them upset and not apologising so that the drama will last long

Not to mention that I'm still acquiring skills to help me move out of this country and be useful outside because I can't allow my kids experience what I'm experiencing
Stingy Man... So u arn't givn hnds 2 ur fmly's, abi?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Lilfemzie(m): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=Lamanii22 post=105577499]

Awwww so touching... The Lord bless your heart...

Aw Thanks!! Bless you too!!!

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Lilfemzie(m): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=neoG post=105580489]
So sorry about this. The passing of your mom really touched me.
She has gone to make life here better for you.
Don't give up. God will surely make a way for you soonest.
Never. Never. I repeat NEVER allow people's opinion validate you.
Keep being frugal in your spending. Keep fighting. Never stop fighting until you break through. You are blessed

Thanks for the advice dear!! You're blessed too!!!

2 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Donbarry043: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
fnep2smooth:
hahahaha wahala for anyone way no de make in dollars.
i quit my 9 to 5 job cos at the end all the salary go for transport (Abuja worst) , food, cloth, family and other miscellaneous at the end you get paid 50k. stock jeans self na 7k or above.

but now as a freelancer one job is 50k minimum and within 3 days job is completed, not that time you will be working for 30 days without no sleep because you want to survive. In Nigeria now, you have to work smart not work hard. Skills jobs pay more now.

when the Nigeria bad electricity wanted to make go back to working for someone i discovered solar, now i have light 247 to do my business without buy that their evil fuel price to power my home.

Even having a YouTube channel is more promising than wasting your time following celebrity on all social media.

In my state, people who dig white sand for building construction make more than 7k to 12k daily excluding Sunday, calculate it in one month.

Truly if you can survive in Nigeria, bro i swear you can survive any where in this world.
Bros please mentor me now even if it will cost me something, I'm a good writer and Abuja is trying to frustrate me. Please help a brother
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by wizygreat2000(m): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
cRobo:
Best thing right now is to earn in dollars, pounds and Euros

Naira is useless
yeah that is true i live in Germany and earn 1800euro after everything still have like 700euro to send to Nigeria which is like 380k in naira

2 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Donbarry043: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
FunnyDude:

Same here. I resigned from my banking job. My life changed when I started earning in USD. Now I earned several thousands of dollars in my apartment. If you still earning in naira you are gone
Bros please mentor me on freelancing even if it will cost something. Abuja is trying to frustrate my life. Please
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Omoluabi16(m): 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lilfemzie:
very touching. I hope all ends well for you man.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by phranklyn92(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
fnep2smooth:
hahahaha wahala for anyone way no de make in dollars.
i quit my 9 to 5 job cos at the end all the salary go for transport (Abuja worst) , food, cloth, family and other miscellaneous at the end you get paid 50k. stock jeans self na 7k or above.

but now as a freelancer one job is 50k minimum and within 3 days job is completed, not that time you will be working for 30 days without no sleep because you want to survive. In Nigeria now, you have to work smart not work hard. Skills jobs pay more now.

when the Nigeria bad electricity wanted to make go back to working for someone i discovered solar, now i have light 247 to do my business without buy that their evil fuel price to power my home.

Even having a YouTube channel is more promising than wasting your time following celebrity on all social media.

In my state, people who dig white sand for building construction make more than 7k to 12k daily excluding Sunday, calculate it in one month.

Truly if you can survive in Nigeria, bro i swear you can survive any where in this world.
Chief, I hail you.
I'm also a freelancer but your type sounds very good to my hearing.
If you don't mind, sir, kindly shed more light on a the one you're into.
I'd really love to look into it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Lilfemzie(m): 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=Omoluabi16 post=105595564] very touching. I hope all ends well for you man.

It most definitely will end well for us all my brother... All this suffer no fit jus be in vain na. Things still rough o but anuh dey fear!!!
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by orchmankiki: 12:25am On Sep 08, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
FunnyDude:

Bro, make I contact u ?

Same here. I resigned from my banking job. My life changed when I started earning in USD. Now I earned several thousands of dollars in my apartment. If you still earning in naira you are gone
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by HeyHey(f): 2:24am On Sep 08, 2021
Kubernetes:

Food stuff has started coming down in the North.
Mudu of Rice is now about #520 in the village markets.
New maize and Corn is now #250 and #290 respectively.
Fives average sized tubers of Yam that used to be #3,500 is now about #2,000. But a kilo of cow meat is still is till high and btw #1,800-#2000 in most Northern cities.

Village markets are just the best jare, I usually attach with someone else. If una be 2 the seller will reduce price more.
I got 10 yams for 5k
Sack of red potatoes for 2k
Rice 850/ congo
But beans still high at 1000
Cow meat, I now buy directly from abattoir abeg, I sabi price.

Once you go super early, you get the best prices

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by FunnyDude(m): 3:54am On Sep 08, 2021
Donbarry043:

Bros please mentor me on freelancing even if it will cost something. Abuja is trying to frustrate my life. Please

Send a pm let's see what we can do
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Ogbuu101: 6:47am On Sep 08, 2021
PitexyBaba:

Show me way baba.
If nah that one wey dey pay half.
Goan read medicine and come back cheesy
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Ayo2004:

My guy,I am telling you
I was already thanking God I was about to have a savings of half a million naira in 100 level until one day, everything scatter
Now,I can't even boast of 50k when I am the sole sponsor of my education

I have come to a conclusion that honest work doesn't work in Nigeria, Karma is fake, and the "do good so good can be done unto you" mantra is rubbish in Nigeria.Buhari and his government are just out to destroy us yet they are still balling in Abuja.See how many innocent people are wailing on this thread

Nothing like good or bad,just the rich and poor
Honestly,I don't blame those yahoo boys anymore and every day,I am getting more and more inclined to join them
Please sorry don't do Yahoo
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2021
omoharry:
13k? You are certainly not staying in Lagos.
She/she is lying, in Lagos 50k will not sustain you a month.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2021
VTJN:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of leaving the country either. But this country is heading no where

A friend was telling me yesterday that we can't get a job. Not even the unemployment that got me.

Like the way he sounded, he had given up all hope on this country and sees it as nothing for graduates to be unemployed

He literally laughed at me, coming top of the class with all my suffer head. Nothing to show for it.

Funny enough most of them are into cyber crime, that's what pay their bills.

Na God go help us.
May God open doors for you.
Honestly graduate need help in Nigeria
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 9:58am On Sep 08, 2021
FunnyDude:

But what of if we convert our Naira to dollar sir
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 10:00am On Sep 08, 2021
pocohantas:

Nne this economy is too hard. I wanted to change my wigs, but the prices I was seeing, I just respect myself. Let me embrace my natural sef. I done tell Jeffreyjunior to be my sugar daddy, e dey turn me around. embarassed
That's how you girls are confusing married men of in the name of sugar daddy. I know a girl who called her sugar daddy she is sick the fool send her 70k in my presence. Someone that will not give his wife 10k without complaining
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 10:01am On Sep 08, 2021
pedrilo:
My wife and I have bn managing quiet well.
Put all d salaries togeda and draw a budget.
A good wife is everything
You are lucky sir, just thank God you have a good wife wlh
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2021
Aparche:

It's this mindset that keep many of you from taking opportunities that would literally transform your lives.

The erroneous thinking that "If it's working for him, why is he revealing it to people instead of keeping it to himself. And why is he charging money...blablabla"

Do you think every body is selfish?

Don't you know that there are people whose desire is to teach others what they know?...people who love to lift others up.

They're not afraid of competition because they know that the sky is wide enough for every kind of bird to fly at the same time.

And of course, they have to charge money because most times people don't place much value on anything they are given free of charge.

God knows that if I had this your mentality, I wouldn't be where I am now...in my Copywriting journey.

The person that taught me Copywriting has made so much money with the skill, but he chose to start a copywriting academy.
And he's charging a lot of money to teach people the same skill.

Honestly, I thank God for the money I paid, 'cos if it was free of charge, I would have abandoned the program... because of how intensive & difficult it is.

A program I thought will take me 6 weeks, I've still not completed it... although I'm almost done.

But I can see the results: I was able to set up & optimize some gigs on Fiverr by June...earned $40 in July, $68 in August, and this Sept. I've earned $97 so far...

All by just applying what I learned to execute few gigs ...this is someone that knew absolutely nothing about copywriting.

At least I've recouped my investment...and I know it will keep increasing.

So Bros. remove that mindset & goan learn a skill...you can even use YouTube to learn FOC.

Forgive the long epistle.

Can someone use YouTube to learn or you need a mentor to guide you.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by FunnyDude(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

But what of if we convert our Naira to dollar sir

It'll be small. Imagine 1.5m is just $3k

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by pedrilo: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

You are lucky sir, just thank God you have a good wife wlh
All glory to God. I pray we remain this way forever.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Redman44(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2021
Newusername:

Sardine was 250naira before per one but now 600/650 naira ma/sir.

There are good quality and cheaper sardine alternatives in the market smiley smiley. Must you eat Sardine all the time? There are other brands of canned fish that are cheaper than sardine and geisha. Do your research very well. Use Jiji. ng to check out alternative food products and go to the market to buy them. Cheers.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Files: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2021
The5DME:
I'm a male.. ignore the f tag.
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Happened After I Lied On My CV / Urgent Vacancy / 200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.