Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan (36403 Views)

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos / How We Extract Bank Details From Stolen Phones To Withdraw Money —suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by olusheye12(m): 10:00am On Sep 07, 2021
Hmm, it’s well
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by bencarson007(m): 10:00am On Sep 07, 2021
I will sue MTN
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by oodua1stson: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2021
God help us oo
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Always use a SIM PIN.
On point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by rhythyson: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2021
Everything na mystery sef
may God comfort her, e no easy for this hard time.

meanwhile the Robbers no go die well
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by ClitRaider: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:
Next time try this when you are such situation

Sim Lock is the best

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by omoadeleye(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:
The eatery did not have a guard on duty that day. The pharmary beside the eatery had a guard. From the CCTV replay, the first criminal signalled the pharmacy guard “calm down”, before they entered the resturant.

My sister did not write her PIN anywhere or on any things or revealed it to anyone. Her phone had a face-recognition lock, a finger print lock, a code lock. How they managed to access her phone is still a mystery.

GTB salary loan hmmm, that one weak me sef. I don't understand but my cousin told her that it takes less than 5mins to be granted.

The theives cashed the monies at POS points in Orile, Apapa locations etc.

In fact, there are things that are still mystery to us.

All these ones no mean. For every situation there's always a way out.
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Tekzyflex(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2021
Always put a lock on your SIM card.....my Sim is coded;if it's inserted on a new device or even if I put off my phone. It will prompt me to input the password.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2021
daamazing:
you can request salary loans via ussd. Sim was inserted in a different device
She didn't lock the sim.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by TheGrandMaster: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:
The eatery did not have a guard on duty that day. The pharmary beside the eatery had a guard. From the CCTV replay, the first criminal signalled the pharmacy guard “calm down”, before they entered the resturant.

My sister did not write her PIN anywhere or on any things or revealed it to anyone. Her phone had a face-recognition lock, a finger print lock, a code lock. How they managed to access her phone is still a mystery.

GTB salary loan hmmm, that one weak me sef. I don't understand but my cousin told her that it takes less than 5mins to be granted.

Add a pin to your SIM card, every time you switch off your phone and power it, the phone will ask for the sim pin, before the code for the phone.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Benrosaria(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
READ AND LEARN

Two days ago, Sunday 5th September, my sister, her 4 friends and 4 other customers were robbed at an eatery in Ogunlana Drive Surulere.

Time of the day 2pm!
Most people, just like her were coming from church and having a good time at the good time at an eatery.

The three criminals walked in, one at a time, hey hey, surrounded everybody and took all their phones. They went inside the inner room, took laptops and some money and left. They injured some people. My sister was unlucky, her bag was on top of the table, one just casually grabbed it and walked out. No gun shots.

They took all their phones. Then my sister's bag had, two phones, 3 ATM cards money, ID cards, driver's licence etc.

After the theives, for most of them, their first time encounters, they sat there, traumatised, crying, panicky, confused etc.

They called the police, it took till 5:30pm before the police arrived, the resturant replayed CCTV, they guys faces were seen, some other abrakadabra and told they were told to come back to station for statement the next day (Monday).

Monday morning first, she went to GTB and she was informed that the criminals took a loan of 500k from her account because it was her salary account.

Unbelieveable, right? YES!

Because the dumb government that accepted the technological evolution in bvn and NIN attached to bank accounts and phone numbers hasn’t been looked into properly. What they would say is we are giving you the best in providing quick and efficient banking system for you.

How would such bank authorize such application without proper scrutiny �.

Oh well NB to anyone who is just getting use to this latest tech in banking system involving bvn and NIN y’all should please be swift to reporting to your bank or network service provider for a quick block on any transaction done with your personal info.

Government never cared about us

Blacks don’t even care about themselves cause god is their creator.

God doesn’t even care about the ones he created in his own image, cause he had to kill his only son to save the land he put devil to dwell with us.

What a brainwashed part of humanity

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Winningbot: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2021
cry
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Flyingngel(m): 10:03am On Sep 07, 2021
That is why people shld try as much as possible to have the code of barring their ATM cards or the account in a separate small phone or have it at their fingertips cos anything can happen to the main phone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by NotoriousBiggyS: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2021
La
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Nikkganc08(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2021
muller101:
One phone having face recognition, finger print and code lock. I won't say anything.

Face recognition?

That one is useless.

My roommate has been opening my phone anyhow until d day I caught him.

It ended up being face recognition.

After about 3 attempts, d phone unlocks.

He's fair, I'm dark

I have beards, he doesn't.

We are not related in anyway. He's just someone the University fixed in my hostel room back then.

Same case for my elder brother.

My junior bro unlocks my elder brothers phone in one attempt only as if d phone belongs to him.

Face unlock is not reliable.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2021
I stopped going to eatery with my phones after the chicken republic in my street got robbed in broad daylight.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Ythe3rd(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk kisspost=105568678:
Hope you know this is for zenith bank users
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Saintlysaint: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2021
Really dumbfounded
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by cliqtips: 10:05am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:

This is for Zenith bank

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by DoggoneDogg: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:

This is for Zenith Bank.
Stop posting nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by twinskenny(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:

5minutes? How the bank has some explanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by airsaylongcome: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2021
Brainard22:
OKPETU!!! shocked

Vwo mre na!
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by yahmohy27: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2021
That's why sim lock is important
Because even if you lock your phone
They can remove it and used it on another phone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by sabreal: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
READ AND LEARN

Two days ago, Sunday 5th September, my sister, her 4 friends and 4 other customers were robbed at an eatery in Ogunlana Drive Surulere.

Time of the day 2pm!
Most people, just like her were coming from church and having a good time at the good time at an eatery.

The three criminals walked in, one at a time, hey hey, surrounded everybody and took all their phones. They went inside the inner room, took laptops and some money and left. They injured some people. My sister was unlucky, her bag was on top of the table, one just casually grabbed it and walked out. No gun shots.

They took all their phones. Then my sister's bag had, two phones, 3 ATM cards money, ID cards, driver's licence etc.

After the theives, for most of them, their first time encounters, they sat there, traumatised, crying, panicky, confused etc.

They called the police, it took till 5:30pm before the police arrived, the resturant replayed CCTV, they guys faces were seen, some other abrakadabra and told they were told to come back to station for statement the next day (Monday).

Monday morning first, she went to GTB and she was informed that the criminals took a loan of 500k from her account because it was her salary account.

Unbelieveable, right? YES!

Please give other parts of this story. Using the CCTV, loan transactions,r, the thief can not escape justice. There are enough trails.

Police and the gtb just need ti help to track the criminals.
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by enny234: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:

Sorry for the loss, hopefully it is recovered.
Is the short form of the place SD?
Something almost similar happened few months back
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Lovelyperson(m): 10:07am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:

What they did was to remove the sim from her phone and put it inside another phone then use ussd to request for the loan from gtb.

That is why it is good to secure your sim with pin code, so that in cases like this when they put ur sim in another phone it will request for the 4digits pin before it can work. Even when you switch off your phone it will still request for the pin before the sim can work. To know how to secure your sim call your network provide to give you the steps.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by mekussa(m): 10:07am On Sep 07, 2021
1.Sim was inserted in a different device.
2. They then used the USSD to check the account number(because the loan has to be paid into an account number)
3. They applied for the loan and cashed out from POS locations.

My recommendations.
1. SIM PIN. With this, the SIM can't be used even if its inserted in another phone.
2. Block USSD transactions from your account or have another account(a backup) where you transfer money into when you want to do USSD transactions.
3. Keep your main ATM card at home always. Have another one where you transfer just enough cash to cover your basic necessities and something for emergencies. Even if they steal this one, money no plenty inside.
4. Instead of sitting down "SHOCKED" when robbed, run around and look for someone's phone to borrow , call customer care or use your banks USSD code to block your account.
5. It will cause stress but..... You can go to your bank and officially write to them to block some online transactions (like this loan thing). If you need a loan in future, its you that will walk to the bank. To avoid stories that touch

Sorry for the loss.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by cliqtips: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2021
I think people shoukd be locking not only your phones but your SIM card too.

E get why

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by gulfer: 10:10am On Sep 07, 2021
Sorry about your loss. Something akin to this happened to my wife; hers was not a robbery but she was scammed into revealing the pin of her account (Opay) by a customer agent (fake)....they ended up clearing all her money in the Opay wallet as well as used the Opay account to borrow about N70,000 extra. Most of these fintech inventions should still rely on the trusted age-old 'security question' to which the right answer must be provided before any transaction beyond a certain limit can be done on an account virtually angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2021
Who go repay d loan now
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by seanfer(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2021
Reason I always tell people to activate PIN code on every sim cards.. Once they insert it in another phone it won't work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shooting In South Africa As Tanzanian Drug Dealer Kills Taxi Driver (Photos) / Delta Cult War: Group Kills An Opponent At Fire Service Front (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbers Shot Policeman’s Private Part & Shattered His Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.