Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja (27677 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by sped1oro(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
It’s safe bro, I have travelled night journey more than 50times this year alone and on no occasion have I witnessed any untoward event.
Just go to Jibowu and board a luxurious bus, if you’re the apprehensive type, get a sleeping pill and take it around 9-10pm, by the time you open your eye, you would have been in Lokoja or Abaji.
Don’t let people who only sit in their comfort zone discourage you at all, a lot of people do night journey in this country and the media is just our problem when it comes to amplifying bad news.

8 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by ejimatic: 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
play5050:
Good morning nairalanders
Pls I have a program at abuja In the morning on Friday and I don't have enough money for flight like my other Rich colleagues, so night bus become the only option for me and my guy.

Our office insist we most work on Thursday and most be in abuja on Friday by 1pm

Which motor park should I go to get a night bus ticket to abuja

Pls any body that have useful idea should help me.
Lagos to abuja by night
. We all need to think about any job that exposes our lives to kidnapping and banditry. Whoever is killed or kidnapped will be replaced immidiately The Life span if Work is longer than that of a man If your job exposes you to sudden death discuss other possibilities with him on your assignment. If yiu want to go to Abuja at night from Lagos go and fast for you may be attacked by bandits. Herdsmen and kidnappers..May God be with you and all of us in our crime filled country.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by iamclime(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
My own concern is this: What kind of organization expects employees to be at work in Lagos throughout Thursday and then be at Abuja on Friday by 1 p.m?
Or did they give you airfare and you decided to go by road? Please enlighten us

5 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by daveP(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
I advice that if you have time, especially for this Lagos to Abj and vice versa, that you split your journey into two halves. Night Journey is one hell you won't want to repeat for this route if you take it the first time. Mostly, its a 12hr trip, no matter how Vin Diesel/Jason Statham your driver is.

Stop at Akure. Relaz and kick off again early next day. You'd love the decision. Remember, its if you have Time to spare.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by kripen(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
continentalceo:
Very Safe bro, that's the best way to travel expcially now that the cost of flying is ridiculously high. Iv travelled to and fro Lagos via night Journey over 20times this year alone. Just use ABC sleeper bus or Landstar. You will enjoy it trust me.

PLease dont take to this advise, nigeria road is unsafe For now. Be wise.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
I no dey ooo. I won't even try it during the day talk more of travelling to Abuja by night. I dey madddd??

1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Curious345: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Send
Your name
Date of birth
Maiden name

And i will give you a forecast for 3days.

Avoid sex and olosho from today.

Waiting....
play5050:
Pls I have a program at abuja In the morning on Friday and I don't have enough money for flight like my other Rich colleagues, so night bus become the only option for me and my guy.

Our office insist we most work on Thursday and most be in abuja on Friday by 1pm

Lagos to abuja by night
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by princejones(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Commit your journey into God's hand and you will be okay. For your roofing work call us

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Senator879: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Travelling by road is quite safe because there is a presence of security post at almost every junction from Lokoja to Abuja, Jibowu should be the best option because its a 12 hours journey
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Kennedy97: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
play5050:

Lagos to abuja by night

Auchi okene road is not a friend to big vehicles right now if you plan on using a big bus!
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by rita25(f): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
go to maza maza and enter luxirious anyhow you will reach GOD is the sure plug on safe journies just pray and have faith

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Kennedy97: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
kripen:

PLease dont take to this advise, nigeria road is unsafe For now. Be wise.

I was on that road about a week ago it is safe

Stop talking nonsense on nairaland

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Herkim(m): 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Its too risky to travel by road from Lagos to abuja at this point in time whether day or night.

You don't need a sue sayer to tell you this base on the level of insecurity we have presently in this country.

If you love yourself please don't travel by night. This is like committing suicide.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by tochieee: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
U can use the road and pray before u leave God will guide you but when returning avoidbthe night bus. Just take the train to warri and enter vehicle to lagos.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
Egein:
Highly recommended, bro.
Always a great opportunity to learn about Nigeria's beautiful topography and ethnic diversity. It's not every time we get the opportunity to trek 90kms into the forest, whilst mingling with our kind Fulani brothers.
I swear.....its only me that sees the sarcasm here.... Hahhahhahahha

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Kennedy97: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
rita25:
go to maza maza and enter luxirious anyhow you will reach GOD is the sure plug on safe journies just pray and have faith

Don't think it's a good idea to take a luxurious bus via that route now o

Except you don't have to take auchi/okene that place is bad and gridlocked with long vehicles
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Herkim(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kennedy97:

I was on that road about a week ago it is safe

Stop talking nonsense on nairaland

You were just fortunate , pls don't be ungrateful to God Almighty for safe trip back to your destination.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Darreytinho10(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Na God dey protect.... So we move
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Maobichek: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
continentalceo:
Very Safe bro, that's the best way to travel expcially now that the cost of flying is ridiculously high. Iv travelled to and fro Lagos via night Journey over 20times this year alone. Just use ABC sleeper bus or Landstar. You will enjoy it trust me.

Hmmm!!! I tried it in 2018, the roads are horrible oh! You can't even sleep cos of bad roads then(I don't know about now) but Edo and Kwara have bad roads then.

If not the high rate of flight tickets, flying remains the best.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Herkim(m): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
Senator879:
Travelling by road is quite safe because there is a presence of security post at almost every junction from Lokoja to Abuja, Jibowu should be the best option because its a 12 hours journey

When sowore brother was killed last weekend were they there ?
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by AsawanaDgreat: 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
At your own risk, the roads are never safe during the day let alone at night
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by macho44(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
play5050:

Lagos to abuja by night
Mehn, that shit is RISKY as PHUCK!!!
Tried it in April this year, and the experience wasn't palatable at all. Journey Mercies to you, Go and come back safely.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by JBoss25(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
SarkinYarki:

So ABC has an agreement with bandits and criminals that assured them safe passage ?
Bros even plane fit crash, everything na risk.
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by jopiper(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
You can even go as far as Maiduguri and remain safe till last destination. Safe journey
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by joungblood(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
Even korokoro day time no safe At all, na 50/50 chance, na him u come dey ask how safe it is at night, smh, una go just dey ask mumu mumu questions, it's very safe sir/ma. Enter road and see for yourself, u just might be lucky,
Reminder, ransom is now 200m oooo
It doesn't matter who da Bleep u are, whether u get money or not, 200m
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by macho44(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
Maobichek:

Hmmm!!! I tried it in 2018, the roads are horrible oh! You can't even sleep cos of bad roads then(I don't know about now) but Edo and Kwara have bad roads then.

If not the high rate of flight tickets, flying remains the best.
They still do, travelled same route some months back.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by rita25(f): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
those luxirious companies move with mobile police two to four each
Kennedy97:

Don't think it's a good idea to take a luxurious bus via that route now o

Except you don't have to take auchi/okene that place is bad and gridlocked with long vehicles
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by adedayourt(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Your office wants you to work on Thursday

They did not provide funding for flight

They want you to be in Abuja by 1pm.

If this is the case, you should start finding a company that's humane enough

4 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Kennedy97: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Herkim:

You were just fortunate , pls don't be ungrateful to God Almighty for safe trip back to your destination.

Baba has a work thing to attend instead of encouraging him you are talking nonsense

When last where you on the road?

vehicles take that route daily don't you know it will be on nl front page if the road was so unsafe?
Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by ladel(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
I will rather pay 50k air fare than pay N1m ransome to kidnappers

3 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by Kennedy97: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
rita25:
those luxirious companies move with mobile police two to four each

Ma I am not talking about security
I took that road a week ago
There is serious traffic there and it may take a long vehicle atleast 3days to maneuver pass that auchi okene area!

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja by NGELEBUBE: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
aieromon:

I recommend Bonnyway in Jibowu or Oyingbo.
how can u recommend bonnyway for him when he needs to be in abuja d next day, pls go to the young shall grow, ekeson, ABC or ifesinachi at jibowu if u really need to be in abuja d next day, bonnyway takes minimum of two days to get to abuja that's if it doesn't breakdown like four times thank u.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evacuation Of Trailers And Trucks Off Lagos Roads And Bridges In Pictures / A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination / When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.