Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo (39182 Views)

See How APC Separated Their Elite Children From All The Other Supporters / Tony Kabaka Sings 'Emilokan' With Tinubu & Other Supporters (Vid) / VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by November1857(m): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2021
VAT: I feel your pain, Wike tells Masari, other supporters of status quo
Mr Wike chided Mr Masari to quit being lazy and put on his thinking cap.

Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers, has described as “unfortunate” the actions of Katsina governor Bello Masari of “conspiring” with the federal government to preserve the status quo in matters relating to the collection of Value Added Tax (VAT).

Mr Masari had threatened to appeal the federal high court ruling directing the Rivers government to begin collecting VAT in the oil-rich state.

In a statewide broadcast on Monday, Mr Wike said Mr Masari’s support was helping the federal government and self-imposed tax master-general to “rob Peter to pay Paul.”

Accusing the Katsina governor of laziness to create economic progress for his state, Mr Wike said governors like Mr Masari should put on their “thinking caps” as elected officials and advocate for further devolution of resources.

He said to achieve fiscal federalism, which remains the right path to economic self-reliance and sustainability for all the states, federating states need more powers.

“All that is required is for all of us to wear our thinking caps as elected Governors to collectively fight for the greater devolution of resources, responsibilities and powers to the federating states,” Mr Wike said in reference to Mr Masari.

https://gazettengr.com/vat-i-feel-your-pain-wike-tells-masari-other-supporters-of-status-quo/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

124 Likes 14 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Moblux(m): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2021
This sweet me die o. Lazy governors.

471 Likes 27 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Bakrabas: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2021
We are tired of this feeding bottle administration and partial sharing ratio. Let each region be the architect of their own fortune

417 Likes 23 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Moferere: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2021
How do you explain these scenarios:

Beer is an Haram in the North, Hisbah will destroy any beer destroyable but VAT generated from the consumption of beer in the south is not an Haram to them. They even take a large chunk of it.

Lagos and Rivers contributed at least 75% VAT to the federation account in 2020 but got less than 45% from FAAC.

I am enjoying the steps taken by Lagos and Rivers. Let restructuring start from there.
This feeding bottle federalism must end

545 Likes 44 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by donbachi(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Niger delta will feed them with her oil.still feed them with state internal revenues.

Pure madness.

418 Likes 32 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Tekzyflex(m): 10:18am On Sep 07, 2021
God bless you Wike!

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Flyingngel(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2021
The thinking cap own is a strong bullet. Wike abeg you dey drink Hero drink?

302 Likes 21 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by kingsways: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2021
No reason for FIRS to collect VAT and then share to states

Each state should collect their own

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by AntiBMC(m): 10:23am On Sep 07, 2021
Bmc miscreants will soon suffer seizure from this news.

Wike is dealing with the lazy parasites... grin

The news saddens me...

247 Likes 12 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by descarado: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2021
One of the dividends of democracy.
Worst democracy is better than the best military rule.

Even if na dunce and vegetable dey centre, democracy will work around him for the people.
It takes steps like this.
I think this was what this ipob guy was initially advocating for.

If states have control of their resources 100%, ipob will die a natural death

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by descarado: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2021
kingsways:
No reason for FIRS to collect VAT and then share to states

Each state should collect their own
Only in Nigeria o.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by TarOrfeeek: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2021
See how parasites have been eating deep into the Southern Pockets.

For every meatpie I buy at KFC I pay VAT and Consumption Tax.

Aliyu has sworn that KFC is haram.

But you'll use my VAT and CT to provide free health care of Aliyu.

While I still go to the hospital to pay high Private Hospital fees with no relief from the FG.

Federal Government of Parasites.

267 Likes 25 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by bamvik(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2021
If each state were to manage their resources, some state go empty while some go overfull

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Mrexcell(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

See how parasites have been eating deep into the Southern Pockets.

For every meatpie I buy at KFC I pay VAT and Consumption Tax.

Aliyu has sworn that KFC is haram.

But you'll use my VAT and CT to provide free health care of Aliyu.

While I still go to the hospital to pay high Private Hospital fees with no relief from the FG.

Federal Government of Parasites.

Pure day light arm robbery.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Ceenachi: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2021
You destroy bottles of alcoholic beverages, and beat up people that sells cigarette in the North, but want to eat VAT collected from the sales of these items
Is that not witchcraft? undecided

178 Likes 15 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by seunowa(f): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2021
Flyingngel:
The thinking cap own is a strong bullet. Wike abeg you dey drink Hero drink?
grin grin grin..I no feel laugh oooo

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by seunowa(f): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Wike is wicked grin grin...I no laugh ooo

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Kingpele(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2021
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Guyman02: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ok
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Decryptor(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
They will destroy alcohol in public while they consume it codedly.

I wonder why these people pretend alot!

Here in Abuja, some of them buy beer and pour it into their kettle which they use for ablution.

Their women are into prostitution full time.

No be the same Kastina state where two of them hijab wearing call girls wan finish me over night.

That was how I knew that codeine they drink can make a woman knack like a demented stallion.

Go to Lagos street in Garki Abuja around 9pm and you will see them wearing hijab with completely nothing underneath.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Guyman02: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Zamfara can collect VAT on their gold which they are not sharing with other states, if Rivers people drink beer they should equally enjoy the tax on it.
Masari can go ahead and legalise the consumption of items like beer, that's why they do so much drugs in the North than South, after 3 bottles of beer there won't be appetite to consume codein or tramadol

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by FactBoyz: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Foreigna2: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wike wan kill these people grin

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Coldie(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ipob should learn from Wike, this is how u fight.

Join politics and fight for your rights through government.

If Ipob was the one fighting against VAT them for dae do VAT seat at home thinking it would affect the government.

Nigeria has 6 geopolitical zones, amongst them the east contributes the least, doing seat at home won’t affect anybody when already u are not contributing anything

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by candidbabe(f): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
I stand with wike on this.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Enyimbamercedes: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
make lemonade from lemons

Masari, abeg tax your bandits income tax on ransom then you won't be crying! They are the biggest employers of labour in your state...tax them!!

You can also put a tax on automatic weapons and bullets....

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by J2381: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
I'm not surprise a man like Masari will be in support of returning to the status quo.

People like him will be the ones shouting sharia is the right of every Muslim, forgetting the place where Islam started have moved away from the backward and stagnant thinking of people like Masari.

Governor Wike should fight this tooth and nail and I also enjoin other southern governors to follow Governor Wike.

Let these governors for once in their life start thinking of how to generate money from their states and not sit and wait for the federal government to give them money which of course, they'll not even utilize well or probably loot it to oblivion.

Kudos to Governor Wike. Na man you be.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by OutisComputers7: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tax bandits and leave us

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
grin Hisbah Right now

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Foreigna2: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
The North is poverty-stricken and can never recover from this.

In a few weeks, you will soon see Northern states for sale. I will buy like 2 Northern states and be using them to breed pigs.

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
brutality

10 Likes

donbachi:
Niger delta will feed them with her oil.still feed them with state internal revenues.

Pure madness.
so pathetic

35 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'we Are Working On How To Arrest The Monkey That Swallowed N70m- Dino Melaye / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) / Kano Government Relaxes Lockdown, Announces Free Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.