Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo (39186 Views)

See How APC Separated Their Elite Children From All The Other Supporters / Tony Kabaka Sings 'Emilokan' With Tinubu & Other Supporters (Vid) / VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Lovenorth: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Though the man is not an Igbo man but All Ipob (Igbo) doing business in the North should be highly taxed so that the money would be used to do more development project to our citizens
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by frankmoney(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
State collecting VAT is a good move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by hopexter(m): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
gnykelly:
Which cap is masari currently wearing.

NYSC cap cheesy

3 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by excel101(m): 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
It calls for celebration, but wait o where is our beloved brother, MANNAQBRIGGS, this one he's quiet over this good news, i hope he's not from those parasite states. With this latest development, our comments and indifferent attitude dey let us know the side of the divide we belong. One chilled bottle of GOLDBERG for Gov. Wike.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by JayB11(m): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:
How do you explain these scenarios:

Beer is an Haram in the North, Hisbah will destroy any beer destroyable but VAT generated from the consumption of beer in the south is not an Haram to them. They even take a large chunk of it.

Lagos and Rivers contributed at least 75% VAT to the federation account in 2020 but got less than 45% from FAAC.

I am enjoying the steps taken by Lagos and Rivers. Let restructuring start from there.
This feeding bottle federalism must end

For which North? U think u drink like those in Adamawa and Taraba? Beer is prohibited in Northwestern states like Kano, Sokoto etc.....even here in Maiduguri, more than 20% drink Beer.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Onepeople: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Coldie:
Ipob should learn from Wike, this is how u fight.

Join politics and fight for your rights through government.

If Ipob was the one fighting against VAT them for dae do VAT seat at home thinking it would affect the government.
dry joke, ipob is now a government in Nigeria.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Fcwilly: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Very sweet response, let them improve on there gold and create revenue from it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by duro4chang(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
bamvik:
If each state were to manage their resources, some state go empty while some go overfull
Those states should mergd with powerful states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by tonyashburton: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Woke should take a chill pill and wait for the two superior courts of jurisdiction to have a say.He shouldn't go about antagonizing Northern governors because in Nigeria ANYTHING can happen.1+2 can be made to become 2 instead of 3.
Egungun Wike be careful.Collect your VAT in peace.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by igbsam(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
I love this wike guy. Giving it to them back to back. You don't drink alcohol, you destroy the ones in your states. But want to enjoy the money made from alcohol in other states.

This status quo of a thing is devilish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by AmuEbule: 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Many of you Nairalanders voted for these Zombies. I didn’t and I thank God for it.

So, stop complaining. You are all in this together. Buhari and APC till 2089 cheesy

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Coldie(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
Onepeople:
dry joke, ipob is now a government in Nigeria.
Government that can’t win any election
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Tzar(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wike has won my heart on this one. Kudos to you! History will be fair to you on this one.
Let it be known that Gov. Wike was the governor who opened the eyes of other exceptionally stupid and cowardly southern governors!
I love people with guts to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by bizzibodi(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
I support wike on this one,d north must be wean off southern breast....Massari person wey suppose dey sell pepper for funtua main market come be governor.

4 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by omoharry(f): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
ajl:

People use alcohol as a reference because collecting VAT that include taxes from sale of alcohol which the northern state had banned people from selling or drinking reflect hypocrisy of the northern people. Meaning you want to collect VAT payments from FG even though the funds include money from items you claimed is an "haram" in Islam. It's hypocrisy that is currently destroying the north. People practicing hypocrisy normally don't progress in life because they always get paid back in full. Dubai was largely a desert without sky scrapper in the 90s. See where they are now. These northerners seem to have condemned themselves as people who can't move forward even though all the resources they need to do that is available to them. But they are busy holding others back.
Even VAT from the sale of pock nko? It's good that state should reap goods & services that they don't prohibit in Thier state .
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by aysangari: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
I suggest that Nelson wike should be our next president out of sentiment, because he knows all crannies of Nigeria. From sokoto to zamfara and now katsina. Talk more of south east, west and south
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by aysangari: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Let their be president wike, because he noticed and cares all what is happening across the nation
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by gnykelly(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
hopexter:

NYSC cap cheesy

He needs to change it to thinking cap grin

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Tecord1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lovenorth:
Though the man is not an Igbo man but All Ipob (Igbo) doing business in the North should be highly taxed so that the money would be used to do more development project to our citizens
what u just typed here shows that if not for the igbos up not, business would have been dead. The more reasons they should be respected up north

3 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by babajero(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
bamvik:
If each state were to manage their resources, some state go empty while some go overfull
That is good, it will make governors be productive and reasonable.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by maldino: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
The CABALS will really be mad now...I hope other states will follow suit. We need leaders that won't be scared of taking the path of truth..I'm beginning to like WIKE...pls the money should be used judiciously.

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by maldino: 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
BeardedMeat:
You are right about the alcohol and drug use relation up north.

Drugs are even hawked in streets of the North..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Lovenorth: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tecord1:
what u just typed here shows that if not for the igbos up not, business would have been dead. The more reasons they should be respected up north
It is because we embrace everybody in the country that Igbo are more interested to do business in our land, in addition, you don't have the population to buy whatever you sell, so you need north more than the north need you
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Aboks(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
donbachi:
Niger delta will feed them with her oil.still feed them with state internal revenues.

Pure madness.

Dem mama useless almajiris
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by hopexter(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
gnykelly:

He needs to change it to thinking cap grin

It’s too late, his brain is already dead undecided

2 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Ryan14(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wiked Wike���
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by maldino: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
LegalWolf:

Looool. Where are u getting this bogus figures from? Even Lagos is not the biggest contributor to the VAT net but FG. Check your facts before you speak, please.

See, some of u southern lots are babies without functional brains. Probably, your lives are not going on well and one imaginary “North” should and can be the only logical explanation for the fiasco ur lives have turned into.

But we are not the cause of your problems, but yourself!

So what are you saying in essence?

2 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by mikeapollo: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
ajl:

Which FG investment are you talking about. The FG that can't even rehabilitate a single road in Lagos. Now they give companies like Dangote tax credit to construct road or indirectly force state to rehabilitate the road and collect refund for money spent by state is headache. Do you know what a federation mean? The northern states has all they need to promote business activities in their state. They should use their head. They want to continue to collect money from people they claim to be living haram. Hypocrisy!

Are you kidding me? How many major roads in Lagos were actually constructed and funded by LASG? FG did most of the major roads in Lagos. Ikorodu road, Lagos-Abeokuta road, etc. Carter bridge, 3rd mainland bridge, Marina, Apapa port, airport, Tin Can, stadium, etc Do you know the impact these infrastructure have on business opportunities in Lagos?
Lagos was developed by the FG, and not by LASG, so don't be deceived! Same for places like Rivers, Abuja etc.
Without FG development projects in Lagos from the 50s to 90s, Lagos would not have many businesses to generate the income and VAT that we are talking about. Calabar used to be the capital of Nigeria but the FG invested more in Lagos, that is why it is richer than Calabar today!
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by xeju: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
November1857:
VAT: I feel your pain, Wike tells Masari, other supporters of status quo
Mr Wike chided Mr Masari to quit being lazy and put on his thinking cap.

https://gazettengr.com/vat-i-feel-your-pain-wike-tells-masari-other-supporters-of-status-quo/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
Let them start collecting VAT from bandits na. Kidnapping and raping is business abi

2 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by God1stson(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
bamvik:
God gave everybody or state potentials let everyone one maximize their potential. Has a Dongote stopped and otedole from shinning neither have an obi Cuba stopped a good suya seller from feeding his family.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by lovetterrison(m): 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Foreigna2:
The North is poverty-stricken and can never recover from this.

In a few weeks, you will soon see Northern states for sale. I will buy like 2 Northern states and be using them to breed pigs.

BROOOO WHY this kind of savagery
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Temi2468: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
Moferere:
How do you explain these scenarios:

Beer is an Haram in the North, Hisbah will destroy any beer destroyable but VAT generated from the consumption of beer in the south is not an Haram to them. They even take a large chunk of it.

Lagos and Rivers contributed at least 75% VAT to the federation account in 2020 but got less than 45% from FAAC.

I am enjoying the steps taken by Lagos and Rivers. Let restructuring start from there.
This feeding bottle federalism must end

I tell you, this is a smart restructuring move! The South is getting wiser by the day and I'm very happy about this and how they intellectually go about. Nigeria is no longer one; you will know from the way these governors now spite themselves. Of course, in this scenario, I like it sha. E sweet. We are not cowards in the south, our patience is enough! If they don't want restructuring, we will help them go about it legitimately with our brain.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Warn Supporters Not To Insult Tinubu / Dolapo And Yemi Osinbajo's White Wedding In 1990 (Throwback Photo) / Man Riding A Donkey From Adamawa To Abuja For Atiku(video,photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.