Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,476 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo (39183 Views)

See How APC Separated Their Elite Children From All The Other Supporters / Tony Kabaka Sings 'Emilokan' With Tinubu & Other Supporters (Vid) / VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by RobbStark(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Oldmansense:
Must you talk about your useless ijaw tribe?
Is if ijaw girls no dey stand for road dey hustle penis?
I am in bayelsa and I know the lifestyle of ijaw girls who prefers night runs of 10k per night to sales rep job of 25k.

I can feel your pain.
You are bitter to the truth.

Casablanca in GRA Ph, na una girls from the East full there.

Kettle calling pot black.
No free access for y'all

4 Likes

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by lereinter(m): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Power to the people
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Taich(m): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Coldie:
Ipob should learn from Wike, this is how u fight.

Join politics and fight for your rights through government.

If Ipob was the one fighting against VAT them for dae do VAT seat at home thinking it would affect the government.

Imagine all those boys causing havoc in the name IPOB had their PVC the kind of power they would had.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by colestephan86: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
November1857:
VAT: I feel your pain, Wike tells Masari, other supporters of status quo
Mr Wike chided Mr Masari to quit being lazy and put on his thinking cap.

https://gazettengr.com/vat-i-feel-your-pain-wike-tells-masari-other-supporters-of-status-quo/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
The south should be ready for mass migration, from the north.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Coldie(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Taich:

Imagine all those boys causing havoc in the name IPOB had their PVC the kind of power they would had.
I swear. By now southeast would be ruled by ipob members.

But their sense no reach there. By the time they would realise this it would be too late

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by odomanis: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Coldie:

If Ipob was the one fighting against VAT them for dae do VAT seat at home thinking it would affect the government.

Nigeria has 6 geopolitical zones, amongst them the east contributes the least, doing seat at home won’t affect anybody when already u are not contributing anything

You really think the east contributes the least ? You are wrong. Go and check again. Imo is oil producing,Abia is also oil producing. VAT from Onitsha and Aba are very high,go and check.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by harjay1986: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
mikeapollo:

I don't agree that the FG alone should collect VAT, but we have to be fair to other states who did not enjoy the kind of investments that FG made in states like Lagos and Rivers. The status of Lagos as a commercial city is due mainly to investments by FG when Lagos was the federal capital....the roads, sea ports, airport, headquarters of industries/companies, embassies, etc. So LASG alone cannot pretend to be the brain behind the commercial activity and transactions that generate VAT in the state. They already have PAYE tax to themselves.
VAT should be shared between states and FG.

let relate this to a family member , let say you are first born so you enjoy some benefit from your parent because they are active employed when you are born compare to your siblings, along the line you begin to fends for your siblings there will come a time when you will stop

look at Nigeria today no state is less than 20 years old so what are you saying
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by mikeapollo: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
harjay1986:

let relate this to a family member , let say you are first born so you enjoy some benefit from your parent because they are active employed when you are born compare to your siblings, along the line you begin to fends for your siblings there will come a time when you will stop

look at Nigeria today no state is less than 20 years old so what are you saying

If your parents had invested heavily in you, to see you through primary and university education and you become a professor, it is your responsibility to give back to your parents for as long as they live. You cannot give any deadline or ultimatum to that. If they had not sponsored your education, you would not have become successful to make money and brag around as a professor or business man or whatever! They can decide to give the money you give them to any of your other siblings. That is their prerogative.

If FG had not invested in Lagos, there was no way Lagos could be talking about generating the revenue and VAT we are talking
The FG investments in Lagos continue to attract businesses and generate income, including VAT on daily basis.
The FG sowed into Lagos and other states and deserves to continue to reap from their investments in Lagos
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by blackboy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
This is and was a good move from Wike. He has proved to be educated, learned and wise. Not all these APC politicians who claim to be educated SAN etc but will not tell Nigerians thw truth or take the right action.
I hope this is the begining of true positive change. Not the change of lies since 2015 eg subsidy has been removed but na lie etc
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by harjay1986: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
mikeapollo:

If your parents had invested heavily in you, to see you through primary and university education and you become a professor, it is your responsibility to give back to your parents for as long as they live. You cannot give any deadline or ultimatum to that. If they had not sponsored your education, you would not have become successful to make money and brag around as a professor or business man or whatever! They can decide to give the money you give them to any of your other siblings. That is their prerogative.

If FG had not invested in Lagos, there was no way Lagos could be talking about generating the revenue and VAT we are talking
The FG investments in Lagos continue to attract businesses and generate income, including VAT on daily basis.
The FG sowed into Lagos and other states and deserves to continue to reap from their investments in Lagos

even if am a professor today and I know my parent invested on me that cant make a fool to the extent of giving them all my salary every month for them to give me what they like the best I can do for them to appreciate them for their investment on me is to set aside 30 percent of my income for them every month so that I can put the remaining 70 percent to use for myself and my immediate family .... since government collect import duties from the port in Lagos alone which no one dispute so why are you dragging the VAT with the state
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Tecord1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lovenorth:

It is because we embrace everybody in the country that Igbo are more interested to do business in our land, in addition, you don't have the population to buy whatever you sell, so you need north more than the north need you
you sure so, we all saw what happened when the north decided to hold back their farm product. No body begged them to re open the route oooo. Pls don't say it again that the south needs the north more. Common VAT issue is causing them to cry foul
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by mfm04622: 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Missionaire:
Why is Masari carrying it on his head? Is he the FG?
(Positive) Change is never convenient, however, it is necessary for progress. It may be inconvenient for some states now, but those states that are ready to get with the times and adjust, they will be part of the biggest beneficiaries of True (Fiscal) Federalism.

The way VAT is administered now is FG collect VAT then the states share 85% and FG takes 15%. So if each state collects VAT in their state, many Northern states will get less VAT and Lagos State alone will get more than double what they usually get.
So, this is why Masari is carrying it on his head.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by themanderon: 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
They have been feeding fat from the status quo and a deviation from this means less money for them to steal. The parasitic north will soon be up for sale.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Skyehigher1: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Good of you governor wike I always like the way you govern your state if PDP is wise they should pick wike as their flag bearer and let APC choose tinubu or anybody they want and the game is finished, god bless you
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Lovenorth: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tecord1:
you sure so, we all saw what happened when the north decided to hold back their farm product. No body begged them to re open the route oooo. Pls don't say it again that the south needs the north more. Common VAT issue is causing them to cry foul
Don't hide under the VAT that one is the issue of States not region. There are a lot of Governors in the South that are not comfortable with it, some governors in the North will be happy if they are allowed to collect it. The issue is that South East is the most backward region in the country, they don't have anything to offer except hatred and hypocrisy
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by History555: 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lovenorth:

Don't hide under the VAT that one is the issue of States not region. There are a lot of Governors in the South that are not comfortable with it, some governors in the North will be happy if they are allowed to collect it. The issue is that South East is the most backward region in the country, they don't have anything to offer except hatred and hypocrisy

So why are the se not complaining rather its cockroaches in the north that are wailing. Joke is on you

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by History555: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lovenorth:
Though the man is not an Igbo man but All Ipob (Igbo) doing business in the North should be highly taxed so that the money would be used to do more development project to our citizens

More bitch ass wailing
Cry me a river
Pained bitches

1 Like

Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Lovenorth: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
History555:

So why are the se not complaining rather its cockroaches in the north that are wailing. Joke is on you
So you want them to come and complain to you grin, who are you?
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by dragunov: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Can you show me where i disagreed?

He didn't say you have disagreed. He said you will. An eventuality.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Coldie(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
odomanis:

You really think the east contributes the least ? You are wrong. Go and check again. Imo is oil producing,Abia is also oil producing. VAT from Onitsha and Aba are very high,go and check.
If the east contributes something by now this seat at home is going to affect a part of Nigerias economy, but it did not, life went on other places and instead of the east benefitting it suffered
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Tecord1(m): 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lovenorth:

i think you are blinded by your hatred for south east. Please name the southern governors that don't like the idea of collecting VAT. Only the APC governors are sitting on the fence. Just wait and see what will happen if the supreme court rule in favor of the states. And please don't compare south east to northern state. Its just unfortunate that they have had bad governors
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Fatah1212: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
It's not Weekest performance that makes Rivers oil reach, Nigeria discovered oil even b4 he were born and it was northern groundnut pyramid government used to drill and construct the oil refineries. So what performancej wicked want to tell us now while we are fully aware that all the. Niger - Delta Governors can only perform in a bear-falour.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by ebuks4ever(m): 12:08am On Sep 08, 2021
bamvik:
If each state were to manage their resources, some state go empty while some go overfull

Some states go merge be that oh...
Nice move by Wike
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Karlosorji(m): 1:00am On Sep 08, 2021
Coldie:

Nigeria has 6 geopolitical zones, amongst them the east contributes the least, doing seat at home won’t affect anybody when already u are not contributing anything
leave people wey wan sit at home to be na abi Na your home?
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by skales67(m): 5:28am On Sep 08, 2021
Rahkman:
swears even lingu crescent wuse na malo babes i dey like knack sef based on fetish

Can you please explain? undecided
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by eldoradoxx: 6:02am On Sep 08, 2021
mikeapollo:

I don't agree that the FG alone should collect VAT, but we have to be fair to other states who did not enjoy the kind of investments that FG made in states like Lagos and Rivers. The status of Lagos as a commercial city is due mainly to investments by FG when Lagos was the federal capital....the roads, sea ports, airport, headquarters of industries/companies, embassies, etc. So LASG alone cannot pretend to be the brain behind the commercial activity and transactions that generate VAT in the state. They already have PAYE tax to themselves.
VAT should be shared between states and FG.
What is the quality of FG investment in Anambra that ranks 3rd or 4th in the VAT contribution? Like I said earlier, let every state collect its VAT, no sharing. All states in a federal system are not meant to be equal, not even in the US. It is only in Nigeria that you see a system that wants to force every State to be equal.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by Rahkman: 7:10am On Sep 08, 2021
skales67:

Can you please explain? undecided

hausa/ fulani girls are forbidden for any kafiri so it makes bedding them becomes a fetish ka ji ko?
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by orisa37: 8:06am On Sep 08, 2021
MASARI should collect VATS ON CATTLE REARERS IN KATSINA STATE.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by fashrola(m): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lazy northern governors...... Putting on "Thinking cap" on their empty skulls will make matters worse... grin
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by fashrola(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Fatah1212:
It's not Weekest performance that makes Rivers oil reach, Nigeria discovered oil even b4 he were born and it was northern groundnut pyramid government used to drill and construct the oil refineries. So what performancej wicked want to tell us now while we are fully aware that all the. Niger - Delta Governors can only perform in a bear-falour.

No wonder y'all think like cows smh
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by stanluiz(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
Coldie:

I swear. By now southeast would be ruled by ipob members.

But their sense no reach there. By the time they would realise this it would be too late
How will their sense reach there ?

When nnamdi kanu told them to destroy thier voters card that they will be no election in biafra land only for the the same nnamdi kanu to collect bribe from politicians in the back.

And in the morning. He will tell ipob members to go and vote that their demand has been sealed and settled. Yet no ipob members can ask questions because Kanu has removed their brains and replace it with sawdust.

That why I keep saying it on this forum that Ipob is not fighting for freedom rather it is a criminal organization run by failures abroad who has never achieve anything thing but using Biafra sentiments to scam the gullible.

And their leader kanu is nothing but a scammer and fraudster.
Re: VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo by mauriceju2(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2021
the north said politely that Fulani killers cattle farmers and bandit are not terrorist's but business men, businessmen Fulani bandits should start paying tax on ransoms gotten from kidnapping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Government Relaxes Lockdown, Announces Free Days / Peter Obi Applauds LP for Reviewing Imo Governorship Nomination Form / Atiku's "Absence" Causing Tensed Moments As Elections Draw Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.