Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,867 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? (37627 Views)

Lagos Job Of N50,000 Or Ibadan Job Of N50,000 / State Hospital Job At N260,000 Or Federal Hospital Job At N180,000? / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Jackbaur88: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
So long they are salary jobs, I advise you to go for Kaduna and get your accommodation south which Include Sabo, Barnawa, Narayi high cost there you will meet a mini Nigeria as every tribe is domiciled Igbos, Yorubas and other ethic groups who Christians.
Economically, cost of housing and living is cheaper there too.
I am in Lagos now, operate my business in Oyo, I have stayed in KD before and still go there for business

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by DrDax: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thanks so much bro for the feedback

You better don't listen to textbook advice.

Stay right where you are.

The difference in salary is not worth the trouble.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Op if you're a Christian just watch yourself around kaduna north.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by OdogwuHappyMan: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:
Good morning house, pls I need your views and opinions on this subject matter.

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you

Bro the difference between the both salary not much naa bit the difference between ur safety on both towns is so wide. Nigeria is greatly polarized between ethnicity. It's not the best time to take such risks please. If they offered you special packages like hazards, security, accommodation then it would've been considered.
Remain at your current job, another bigger offer with less relocation risk will come again.
So you mean all offers that comes your way, you try it? Make things calm down before you take such heavy risks. Remember you will be travelling always to come see your people in Lagos. Peace of mind is importanter

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Owodiran1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you
a known devil (ibadan) is less risky than unknown angel (kaduna) you GORIT. If you don't bye bye

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
Why you coming here to ask the obvious e be like say you don get money wen you wan dash bandits......see all those people that are advising you to go to the north them dey use style help you dig 6 feet Kaduna of all places shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ipobarethieves: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
Go to Kaduna since it is in state capital not remote village where those kettles carrier do their evil sad embarassed undecided in the name of dat deity Ala or whatever sad angry.May heaven protect/watch over u.If possible/u have responsible Peep u can transfer/give Ibadan job slot to,pls do.Only responsible person pls not Hopeless fellow

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Hamzaay(m): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
Come to KD, I stay in KD. It's not that bad like the media portrait it. Kaduna is a cheaper city compare to others in Nigeria
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Kadejo(m): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
You dey whin me?
You wan make den kidnap you join dos den don carry abi. Make family and friends go dey look for money wey dey just dey use ear hear the figure but never count am.
Becos, FG done dey sing "OYO is your case ooo, Le le le, Oyo is your case ooo ,ooo"
O je fidi mo Ibadan Nile oluyole, nibi won gbe nfi tan ewure joka ! Make you dey enjoy your life jejeje .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by cardoso514: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ibadan,ibadan,ibadan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by McOluOmo: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
when you get to KD lemme know, get to show you around

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tapout(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
adubam:
I once stayed in Kaduna. Please forget what those bachelors up there are telling you. Have you ever thought of the kind of hostile environment your children and family members would live? Have you thought of how more hostile it will be when a Christian president ruling Nigeria and the reaction from those fanatics to your life - Yoruba Muslim is an unbeliever to them, so you are not exempted? Have you also thought of how difficult it will be for you to settle down there - i.e buying land, building house and other investment?

Listen good! Kaduna is a place where a Muslim child fighting with another Christian child can spark religious tension.

Please stay in your Ibadan and grow from there.

God bless you.

But he's not talking about raising a family there nau. Besides he could have his family in Abuja while working in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by eniteden(m): 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ibadan here i come, u won make herdsmen use you take start riot? Come on enter Ibadan Sharp sharp my guy, i will never visit you if u go Kaduna. grin grin
kingsolium:

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by kennyjam: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

I stay in Kaduna at OP.
You can take up the Kaduna job.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by fermlad: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Where una dey see these jobs, sef? ��‍♂️�‍♀️

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by emdis: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
If you can't speak Hausa,
Don't know or have any relative in KD,

Better maintain your job there o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by OVB123: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
My candid advice for you is for you to stick to your job in Ibadan because it's safe there compare to kaduna. Furthermore, also think about the job security.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Angelfrost(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Insecurity apart... Kaduna is the best! Even earning half of the proposed salary monthly for a year will take you farther financially than anywhere in the South.

You can't compare cost of living in both areas.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tonyclems(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kings my man. Go to kaduna ur boy de with u
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

I live in kaduna, i was born and brought up in kaduna. I have seen many guys posted from Lagos, Ogun and other Western states posted down to kaduna. Their major fear is security and safety, kaduna is relatively safe if you stay in a more populated location like the capital you have mentioned. What you need to do first is get a place to stay, there are single rooms as cheap as 70k to flats at differ rates. Once you have a place to stay you won't get lost in kaduna if it's about transportation or locating your destination. Good luck to you as you upgrade in life, praying for an open door like yours also
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by newoffer: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
If u know how many of our staffs resigned due to insecurity. Live where ur mind will be at rest. People run leave their property. Peaceful indeed. Ibadan for me o.
ObiaboAdoka:

Go to Kaduna. Kaduna is very peaceful and safe. Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Jolomenas: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
valves:
I think you should continue with your job in Ibadan because I don't think the difference in pay is enough to warrant the risk of insecurity and uncertainty (since you've never lived in the north). If you had no job at all I would have advised you to go to Kaduna.

I personally was born and brought up in Kaduna. I don't think it is worth it.
Which part of kaduna were you brought up in?
Ghetto parts I guess
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
I would go to Kaduna, as I would want to save up as much as possible in a short space of time.

But consider the trouble in the North and your risk taking level, your relationship with your family, how close it is you want to remain with them, or if you don't mind staying far away.

All the best
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Gentlealibu: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
laiza:
Go to Kaduna my brother. Kaduna and Kano is the hub of business development and operations in the North. Ibadan is sitting on old glory of days past, I am a yoruba man but Oyo state is light years behind Kaduna state in terms of services and job. If not for Lagos, Ibadan wouldn't be how it is today. If Ibadan could pick up it should have done so by virtue of it's closeness to Lagos but the other Southwest state is really making it difficult but Kaduna, except for the insecurity is a really developed city and ancient too.

Also understand that 75% of anything produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North. Apart from Ibadan and ogbomoso I'm not sure there is any other city in Oyo state that can boast of economic activity...I stand corrected.. but in Kaduna you have cities like Zaria, Kafanchan and Kaduna North especially is a hub of economic activity on it's own. And there is the closeness it has with Abuja which is really important.

Take this advice o my brother. And thank us later.
If you are going to be working in the office only then it is ok but if you are going to be sent to farms in the town outskirts. I won't advice you to take it o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by DJBIGGY(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you

Better come to Kaduna metropolis... its far safer than other local governments
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by donmatin(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna is in the news lately and it isn't really safe. Also have you thought about the possibility of getting better opportunities that Kaduna might not offer you?
After earning 230k per month for a year any plans for improvement?
Self improvement and the need to earn more?
Forget the Kaduna is cheap story, safety first then every other thing follows.
I know a coy at Kaduna that is into Agric people are resigning like everyday due to fear of unknown.
I believe you will consult and make an informed choice.
kingsolium:

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ogascomax: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
You think live is all about money and high pay job. Your current job might not be the best but wisdom is profitable to direct. Live is not about today. You don't know the future of this country. Are you going to be traveling by air or by land when you need to travel. Those places are prone to crises that is how my dad lose so much over 11 years ago in Jos crises. You can't tell will trouble will strike next in the future in North.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by oluku86: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Don't go to kaduna. It's dangerous out there. I live in the North and I'm Yoruba but we don't sleep with two eyes closed.
Moreover, most of the agricultural firm are sited in the bush, that is, banditry zone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ipobarethieves: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
angry Nothing will happen to him.Pipu are living/working in Kaduna.No thanks to those kettles carrier.Up North still remains d best place to live save for the ubiquitous mosquitoes,heat, insecurity that bedeviled those states
Owodiran1:
a known devil (ibadan) is less risky than unknown angel (kaduna) you GORIT. If you don't bye bye
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by newoffer: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
He will b hopping like kangaroo because h wants to liv in Kaduna.
Emmyjb:
Go to Kaduna....I leaved in Kaduna....When coming to Kaduna make sure your get accomodations in Kaduna South and you will be happy you make the decision....
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by LeoMaxUFitTALK: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Any job I see at any place I will do it. More money more distance lobatan. No job everywhere
kingsolium:

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Abax-oosa Professionals / The Five Most Important Things To Include On Your CV / PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.