Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy (28369 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Csami(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Lol, I am not sure if I am ever going to get married , but I know where you are coming from, my younger sister is so fond of her, she spends school holidays with her abroad so she is covered so don't worry.

Bros, you no go like adopt me like dis
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by bomasek(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
deekseen:

Please stop arguing with yourself. Thank you.
U no sabi Bible, the guy just floored you
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by caprini1: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Great! You have contributed your part to making the world a better place. Nigeria should encourage adoption. A lot of babies out there looking for somewhere to call home.

Now, do your part to make the world a safe place for the girl child.
When i,m 50,i will like to adopt 2 children,i already started a savings policy at AXA MANSARD for it.May God keep us to fulfil our dreams.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by lalajnr(m): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Lol, I was expecting a comment like this and I wasn't disappointed, like I said in my earlier thread,
'I no fit for baby mama wahala'

Well I considered that option but I thought about it and was like nah, maybe later in the future but definitely not now.

And about my thing not working hahaha
Bring ya sister to come spend a night with me, she go testify give you in the morning about the marvelous work of my thing cheesy
I'm proud of you bro we need people like you in this wicked world

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by GeneralPula: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
Somebody told the OP to post some pictures even if it involves blurring the face, OP ignored..

Believe this fake adoption at your own peril..

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Limassol(m): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

yeah right but I did it , though it wasn't easy
Sometimes though the orphanage pays us a visit to check up on her and they can testify that she is doing great.

Put her in the best school I can find in my state, the school that she attends is also being attented by children and relatives of politicians in my state of residence , trust me she is living the life of a princess cheesy

The orphanage are now the ones telling me to adopt more but I am like nah for now maybe later in the future

So no stress grin
it is not all rosy as you are trying hard to portray here. You story is very odd to say the least - a 25yr old adopting a female child promts lots of questions. Or is this some cock and bull crap?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Feggie3:
Op I want to know. How did your parents swallow this? and your relatives as well?

At first, they weren't so cool with it, they were of the opinion that if I wanted a child, I should get a girl pregnant and all that.

But I told them nah, don't want no baby mama and all their baggages they come along with for now, infact my daughter has already spent few months with me before any of my family members got to know about it so it was too late for them to do anything about it.

And besides they know me say I stubborn and I no dey hear word so they just let me be and accepted her as part of the family grin , not that they really had a choice anyways

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by WoundedLamb: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
caprini1:
When i,m 50,i will like to adopt 2 children,i already started a savings policy at AXA MANSARD for it.May God keep us to fulfil our dreams.
Amen!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
Limassol:
it is not all rosy as you are trying hard to portray here. You story is very odd to say the least - a 25yr old adopting a female child promts lots of questions. Or is this some cock and bull crap?

It's all rosy over here,so don't know what you are talking about, we chilling , we balling so no stress
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
Drwinz:

I related psychologically with your write up and replies to critics and I adore your ability to imbibe fundamental principles of simplicity of life. God bless you man.

I got worse criticism when I was in the process of adopting her so nothing that anyone will say is new to me, it's because of this I don't openly tell people she is adopted, apart from my family and the orphanage management and my lawyer ,no else knows she is adopted and I want it to stay that way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

Kudos but
why not a guy? I am not comfortable with you adopting a female. Make thunder strike you to death if you ever molest her

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by bab22: 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

Why adopting a child when you are still young. Does it mean u don't have any plans of getting married and having ur own babies

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by BigYash: 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
iamL:

But why a female as a single guy?
I think its choice.. Maybe he likes female kids
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
Feggie3:
What is the disadvantage of teaching her to be a Christian?

I wouldn't say there is a disadvantage of teaching her to be a Christian but the basic thing is to teach her to know right from wrong, won't impose any religion on her , my parents never did that to me, she should live her life and enjoy it just like I am living mine

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Limassol(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

It's all rosy over here,so don't know what you are talking about, we chilling , we balling so no stress
Spare me those lines bro...... You can live and wallow in self-deceit all you want. Your life,your cross! If your narrative is true which i doubt, then rest assured you will learn your lesson the hard way. They no dey tell man! However, To my fellow young buddies out there. DO NOT TREAD THIS PATH!
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Hassanmaye(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Remag666:
F*ck family pressure...I've already told my parents they shouldn't expect any wife or biological child from me at least they have 2 other boys that will give them more than enough grand children...hope you're not an only child sha undecided
I'm the youngest that's it
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Sunkyapogee(m): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
How much?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by AgentGoat: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
Davash222:
Congratulations guy.

Please be very careful with those magnet ladies , forget their gimmicks and smiles, the moment you give them attention or a chance in your life, they will start maltreating your innocent girl. It's in their constitution.

Avoid them, please.

It's in their constitution grin
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Very odd and I doubt it would be granted in civilised society in this day and age.
Which civilized society would that be? undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Berankis: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

There are still a few people who make life worth living. Thank you!
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by IbrahimSkiba(f): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

CONGRATULATIONS....

YOU TOOK A REALLY GOOD AND BOLD STEP

I'LL BE FOLLOWING YOUR STEPS SOON, IN FUTURE WHEN IM BUOYANT AND INDEPENDENT...

SO HELP ME LORD
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Aguogba(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mrsoft3:

I am proud of you.

Responsibility is another definition for maturity, continue to be the best dad she will ever wish and pray for. I pray for more strength and Godly wisdom, never forget to imbibe Godly character in her. Continue to soar.
I understand what u mean but the word "instill" is quite jealous of that "imbibe" you used wondering why you gave its position to its opposite.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
Remag666:
F*ck family pressure...I've already told my parents they shouldn't expect any wife or biological child from me at least they have 2 other boys that will give them more than enough grand children...hope you're not an only child sha undecided
You studying bch in oau?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Sunkyapogee(m): 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Sometimes though the orphanage pays us a visit to check up on her and they can testify that she is doing great.

Put her in the best school I can find in my state, the school that she attends is also being attented by children and relatives of politicians in my state of residence , trust me she is living the life of a princess cheesy

The orphanage are now the ones telling me to adopt more but I am like nah for now maybe later in the future

So no stress grin
Give me link na..how much does it cost?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
Limassol:
Spare me those lines bro...... You can live and wallow in self-deceit all you want. Your life,your cross! If your narrative is true which i doubt, then rest assured you will learn your lesson the hard way. They no dey tell man! However, To my fellow young buddies out there. DO NOT TREAD THIS PATH!

If you are pained, you can go hit your head on the wall for all I care. Like you said it's my life and I will live it however I so please, and I don't see it as a cross not when there is money.

And I have noticed something, most people with negative opinions and mindset like you are usually the broke ones, talk about poverty and negativity grin

The only lesson I will learn is more blessings and the capacity to adopt more so you can cry more grin

And I am not forcing anyone to follow my path, everyone got their to live so don't fúcking tell me how to live mine

So fûck off

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
anastasius:

Kudos but
why not a guy? I am not comfortable with you adopting a female. Make thunder strike you to death if you ever molest her

And Make better thunder strike you for having such negative thoughts about me

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
GeneralPula:
Somebody told the OP to post some pictures even if it involves blurring the face, OP ignored..

Believe this fake abduction at your own peril..

Lol, you go wait for pictures tire.I ain't uploading shit

I might change my mind later but for now , nah
Respect her privacy tongue

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Fireboy02: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Imustnottalk:
Op can we see her picture you can blur her face .I will love to adopt one day maybe African Americans kids I love them .lol
Come and adopt me
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by 1Sharon(f): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Feggie3:

What is the advantage of it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
Feggie3:
What does it mean to teach a child to be Christian? undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by FarmTech(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

So no stress grin
How much did everything cost? Pls share.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
No man I just took that picture in BOOA grin
Do I look familiar? Perhaps we've met on campus
anastasius:

You studying bch in oau?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Allow Your Wife, Sister Or Girlfriend Work In A Hotel? / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.