Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes (29932 Views)

Dencia Blast Tonto Dike On Twitter, Tells Her To Pay The Luxury Shopper Shes Owi / Jim Iyke Beats Up Tonto Dike On Set For Yabbing His Jamaican Girlfriend Looks / Wizkid Speaks About Alleged Romance With Actress Tonto Dike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by DaDoctor: 1:05pm On May 25, 2011
@Baby me
lol, i am more 'ajeboish' than you!!!(proofs abound from my parental upbringing to my own personal family upbringing)

but that isnt the bone of contention.cos it is not a thing for the public.

THE TONTO , THAT I KNOW PERSONALLY (ALONGSIDE MIKE EZURIONYE,GENNY etc)IS FAR MORE THAT BEING BORN 1985. IT IS A BLATANT LIE!!!

And Did u say birth certificate? I work with a recruiting company for years and can tell you how fake nigerians can be with their age.
perhap if i check you you surely would fall into that category
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by babyboy3(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2011
All i am trying to say is those roles would surely be a hinderance of some sort to her personal life, i am sure she cant be considered by any decent man for marriage. if dat be, she has to stop those messy roles. She should take cue from Ini edo and Gennys love scandals. Infact, i am now convinced why most actresses never remain in one marriage without a problem

I have never heard so much rubbish, when are some of you people going to be enlightened? this is whats killing us in Africa, we are too concerned about what our next door neighbour would say about us! even a IndecentStar! someone marries them, left alone someone who kissed another person on stage.

Its called ACTING!!!! when they kiss they dont use tongue! If a man is going to marry her because she has a clean history then he is not marrying her because he loves but because of what they would say about her (again the root of our problems in Africa)
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:50pm On May 25, 2011
ogugua88:

Where was the insult? That spreading her legs, showing her body, kissing numerous people she doesn't know for peanuts is cheap and ashawotic? No be truth again? Lol. According to Oprah's show last year, Genevieve Nnaji makes $6,500 per film. I think it's safe to say she's the highest paid Nigerian actress in Nollywood. I seriously wonder how much they're paying Tonto for what she does. Again, I think she's being paid peanuts

all this just because of a lttle girl like Tonto, I'll only respond to the ones I bothered reading. btw  still think the comparison is yeye. You're not her mom so comparing your words to father-son bond sincerely makes no sense. just admit when feel the need to be malicious towards other women for no reason other than they are catty people in general. If it makes you feel better, I can also be catty at times. however unlke others I dont let guys get away wiith crap because they are guys. wish more women would do the same

First you keep yapping about Genevieve. They are not one and the same. I love Genny, she's my fav Naija actress right now and I will always defend and have respect for her HOWEVER she's a single mom sne had her first child at 14, at least Tonto actually ACTS or should I say PLAYS the role of a loose girl, I hope you see where Im going with this

as for spreading legs yada yada, are you serious? why are you actng lke Tonto is the only actress in Nigeria? Mercy Johnson? Rita Dominic (Dancing Heart), Omotola, Regina Askia, Oge Okoye, the Buhari one, etc, what of them? I think Mercy s an amzing actress but have you watched Coporate Maid? I mean I just dont know why Tonto iksb the one being picked on esp when the Ghanians are worse, "Heart Of Men"? What of the Naija men in these lame excuse for gay movies, why arent you questioning Muna and co for their involvement in "Men In Love", do you not think they did that for the money? even then why not ask them to choose their movies wisely?

I dont disagree wth some things you've sad, I agree her statement was juvenile and made her seem off, she could have easily said "Im an actress, its part of the process" but I guess she decided to "keep it real" and tell the truth, MANY people are doiing ther jobs just for the money. Im hoping as she gets older she gets more picky with her roles, obviously you cant be picky until you establish a name for yourself ie Genny, Omotola, Bimbo Akintola, etc so maybe when she makes enough money she'll choose a lot more wisely
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by babyme1(f): 2:55pm On May 25, 2011
Da Doctor:

@Baby me
lol, i am more 'ajeboish' than you!!!(proofs abound from my parental upbringing to my own personal family upbringing)

but that isnt the bone of contention.cos it is not a thing for the public.

THE TONTO , THAT I KNOW PERSONALLY (ALONGSIDE MIKE EZURIONYE,GENNY etc)IS FAR MORE THAT BEING BORN 1985. IT IS A BLATANT LIE!!!

And Did u say birth certificate? I work with a recruiting company for years and can tell you how fake nigerians can be with their age.
perhap if i check you you surely would fall into that category

Lol @ being more ajeboish than me! Bro, im not competing with anybody bc we all have different upbringing and what u call aje butter in ur family may be kpako in mine tongue

As for faking of age, i know many people do it but i don't belong to that group. I've actually achieve a lot as it is and there is no need bringing down my age for any reason. Yeah grin
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by DaDoctor: 2:56pm On May 25, 2011
@baby boy,
exactly the issue with us, BORROWED ACTS, WITHOUT CORRESPONDING SUPPORT IN TERMS OF NORMS AND VALUES.

African(Nigerian )values and norms do not permit same sir. NOT EVEN ON THE SCREENS. She seriies of scandals trailing INI EDO andd Genny, and ask why KATE doesnt have much of that

Religiously, it is not permitted too, in play /act or in reality.

MY QUESTION IS MUST SHE BE THE ONE TO PLAY THOSE ROLES MOST TIMES>?? i BET YOU IT WAS COS OF THE HUGE PAY AFTER SERIES OF REJECTIONS

When i was in the industry(I was in blood money And some other movies by NEK VIDEO LINKS), such roles were not patronised, but today, it is all over the place nd has been the cause of so many issues peculiar with the family.

my question to you is, CAN U JUST KISS ANYONE IN ACT, IF YOUR SPIRIT DOESNT ACCEPT THAT PERSON??

OUR VALUES AND NORMS ARE PART OF OUR CULTURE, LETS JEALOUSLY GUARD THEM

to the typical african man, ONCE YOU CAN KISS ANYONE AND PLAY ODD ROLES IN MOVIES, Then in reality you MAY DO SAME, evertyhing being equal.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by DaDoctor: 3:00pm On May 25, 2011
@Baby me
Well said, so dont ever cast your bet for anyone you arent sure of.

TONTO was not born 1985
If she was born then, you may also believe that STANLERY OKORO OF GREEN EAGLES is really under -21

LMAO!!!!!
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:13pm On May 25, 2011
LOL this one is yapping about " African values and morals" yet at the same time asking why our women arent like "Kate"
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 25, 2011
chines4:
I wonder how many Nigerians that works just because they love their work. I use to like mine, until Sanusi came on board. Now I'm working because I need the money, If u don't need your, kindly credit my account accordingly. On a general note why do ppl have mondays and love fridays
The Lady just said what motivates her to deal with the love scenes and you want to crucify her, calling her ashi.
Ogugua I like you but you fall my hands, big time. I know she is daring in movies, As far as she don't sleep around as a person. Her scenes in the movies have nothing to do with her personality.

How am I crucifying her? Is there not a difference in working for the money at say, McDonald's or a clothing store, and Tonto Dike's version of working for money? Be honest. Good, make I fall until you drop me lol.

ThiefOfHearts:
all this just because of a lttle girl like Tonto, I'll only respond to the ones I bothered reading. btw  still think the comparison is yeye. You're not her mom so comparing your words to father-son bond sincerely makes no sense. just admit when feel the need to be malicious towards other women for no reason other than they are catty people in general. If it makes you feel better, I can also be catty at times. however unlke others I dont let guys get away wiith crap because they are guys. wish more women would do the same

First you keep yapping about Genevieve. They are not one and the same. I love Genny, she's my fav Naija actress right now and I will always defend and have respect for her HOWEVER she's a single mom sne had her first child at 14, at least Tonto actually ACTS or should I say PLAYS the role of a loose girl, I hope you see where Im going with this

as for spreading legs yada yada, are you serious? why are you actng lke Tonto is the only actress in Nigeria? Mercy Johnson? Rita Dominic (Dancing Heart), Omotola, Regina Askia, Oge Okoye, the Buhari one, etc, what of them? I think Mercy s an amzing actress but have you watched Coporate Maid? I mean I just dont know why Tonto iksb the one being picked on esp when the Ghanians are worse, "Heart Of Men"? What of the Naija men in these lame excuse for gay movies, why arent you questioning Muna and co for their involvement in "Men In Love", do you not think they did that for the money? even then why not ask them to choose their movies wisely?

I dont disagree wth some things you've sad, I agree her statement was juvenile and made her seem off, she could have easily said "Im an actress, its part of the process" but I guess she decided to "keep it real" and tell the truth, MANY people are doiing ther jobs just for the money. Im hoping as she gets older she gets more picky with her roles, obviously you cant be picky until you establish a name for yourself ie Genny, Omotola, Bimbo Akintola, etc so maybe when she makes enough money she'll choose a lot more wisely

Well, if you choose not to understand the comparison, that's on you. I clearly said it wasn't about a father/son bond.

I don't care if your catty. Catty dey go. It's funny how you complain about women being critical or harsh on other women and then you say I have a twisted mind. Practice what you preach.

Genevieve had ONE child as a teenager. She rose above that stigma and is one of the classiest women in Africa today. Tonto Dike has acted in how many indecent films? Has she risen above it? Or is her name scattered in Nigerian media outlets, usually in a negative manner?

This problem is partly Tonto's fault. She doesn't have to say yes to every role. I couldn't watch "Dirty Secret". It was distasteful and quite immoral. I don't know why any producer feels the need to convey an intentional father-daughter sexual relationship, and I don't see why someone like Tonto Dike has to stoop so low, all in the name of money. Nigeria is #2 in the world in terms of film production. If she's confident as an actress, she can get any role she desires if she puts effort into it.

I'm not acting like Tonto Dike is the only actress to do such. You really want me to start discussing someone like Mercy Johnson? I don't have time for that one lol.

She can be picky. She doesn't have to be. Maybe she likes acting out sexual relations within a family and the others she does. I would completely understand if she said she was trying to convey something in her movies. Even if she said she does it to push boundaries, that one is fine. "I do it for the money"? Lol. There are 1001+ other responses she could have given. I usually never talk about Tonto Dike, but that statement, along with her saying that she doesn't always know the people with whom she's involving herself, have irked me. I don't see the worth in it. It's not like they're paying millions. For me to even allow the person asking me to do such to finish the question, a value with at least 8 figures and a new alias and location for me better be in talks lol.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by babyboy3(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2011
exactly the issue with us, BORROWED ACTS, WITHOUT CORRESPONDING SUPPORT IN TERMS OF NORMS AND VALUES.

African(Nigerian )values and norms do not permit same sir.

Your kidding me right!!!!

Coming from a continent that doesnt have an age limit for sexual conscent? please we dont live on trees or in caves anymore, so are you saying we should pick and choose what we want from the western culture or film industry and ditch the rest? the word hypocrisy comes to mind!its ok to dress like them, talk like them, all the car chasing, shooting even steal their story line etc. you are ok with that! but you and some others are ready to blow a gasket or blood vessell when someone else goes the full hog! people start calling them names,

One of our values is to beat 7 bells out of our wives! I bet you support it 100%
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by tpcom1(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2011
I think WE nigerians should stop throwing stones as we all live in glass houses, so the gal kiss man /woman / frog inside film mean say she don wowo abi,
how about numerous men and woman who kiss/l*ck/s*ck and P*uck in private wat they will deny publicly e.g, suga daddy, suga mama, ugly girls - when famine dey cheesy,
ugly fat aristo etc,
bottom line, the girl dey hustle for her pay, make we free am, were in mordern times, abi u see her dey nack for public ni,
me i like the gal lips sha, i can't lie, grin
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by DaDoctor: 4:17pm On May 25, 2011
@baby boy.
the line i spelt is just what is obtainable here. Modearation is the key, hers is getting excessive.
You may be in anoda world but reality is reality, not same measures apply to all nations.

IF A MERCY JOHNSON HAS PLANNED TO QUIT ACTING AFTER HER MARRIAGE TO A PRINCE BY AUGUST, Then you should know what that means, She cant do those thrases again, and it would have been pre-agreed too.

WHEN U GIVE BIETH, PLEASWE YOU MAY TELL YOU PRETTY DAUGHTER TO GO IN TO ACTING AND TOLL TONTO'S OR WHOSOEVERS LINE,

If u noticed i dont like commenting on a PARTICULAR thread more than 5-6 TIME

Please suit your self, but learn to pick something in the course of any argument because i surely picked something from your, but sorry, it is not 100% americana here Mr NY.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by babyboy3(m): 4:21pm On May 25, 2011
This problem is partly Tonto's fault. She doesn't have to say yes to every role.

Why? like I said earlier on to play/act a love scene commands a premium fee! more than a normal actress would get.

Common she would have read the movie script before she accepts any role,  whether kissing a man twice her age (whats the big deal didnt Sean Connery play a love scene with Zeta Jones the age difference is almost 50 years)

Angela Bassett turned down the lead role of Monster Ball before Halle Berry took it on and won an Oscar for her performance,  does that mean she is more decent than Halle Berry or a better Actress than Halle Berry NO NO NO,  the reality is that Tonto is comfortable doing the role and the best among a handfull of Actress that would  take on the role,

All I know is that the day a movie producer offers around $100k to Tonto! that would be the day all the other actresses would make themselves available for such role,

Modearation is the key

Dont make me laugh
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:21pm On May 25, 2011
stop making it about you, I said in their twisted mind, wasnt just referring to you. I stand by it ether way so moving on
Whether Genny has one child or eight chldren, point is she had that kid when she was pretty much a child herself. How did it come to be? immaculate conception? and the Genny you dey shout sef, when she came here a few years ago, we screened a movie she was in, "Weekend" and there were explict scenes of here getting oral, so please

and NO you cant be picky when you dont have a name for yourself yet.

There atre many films the older generation have done that Im sure they wll turn down now if asked to do such roles agan and that's because they've established themselves in the industry, they can say Yes or No now without consqeuences of being without work, same in Hollywood.

Loved how you skipped over the men and the new wave of gay moves though. I wonder why they arent asked to make better choices, to be picky. Oh yea that;s right cos they're guys and they can do anything and woman wll defend this crap
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 25, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:
stop making it about you, I said in their twisted mind, wasnt just referring to you. I stand by it ether way so moving on
Whether Genny has one child or eight chldren, point is she had that kid when she was pretty much a child herself. How did it come to be? immaculate conception? and the Genny you dey shout sef, when she came here a few years ago, we screened a movie she was in, "Weekend" and there were explict scenes of here getting oral, so please

and NO you cant be picky when you dont have a name for yourself yet.

There atre many films the older generation have done that Im sure they wll turn down now if asked to do such roles agan and that's because they've established themselves in the industry, they can say Yes or No now without consqeuences of being without work, same in Hollywood.

Loved how you skipped over the men and the new wave of gay moves though. I wonder why they arent asked to make better choices, to be picky. Oh yea that;s right cos they're guys and they can do anything and woman wll defend this crap

Yes, you said "their", after one woman made an alleged harsh comment. Stand by it. I'm only telling you hypocrisy isn't good.

Good. Let her receive oral. Now evaluate Genevieve Nnaji off the screen. Now, we're not talking about what happened 17 years ago. Judge her currently, just as I am judging Tonto Dike based on what's happening currently.

About men, it's because I don't discuss what I don't know. I haven't seen a gay film from Nollywood so I won't discuss it. I've seen "Brokeback Mountain" and "Milk", two Hollywood films. They're nice films, not because they're men, but because of the plot.

You can be picky when you don't have a name for yourself. It's not impossible.

Some of you are missing the point lol. Tonto Dike can act whatever she likes. Halle Berry can act whatever she likes. Angela Bassett can act whatever she likes. Just that I know who's classy and who's not. So do you. Tonto Dike is a celebrity so she can get away with what she does. If she was someone close to you, you'd advise her against it, give her an ultimatum, then abandon her in that sequence when she tells you she'll continue doing what she does for money lol.

Maybe Dike has no plans of rising to super stardom. That's fine. If I were in her shoes, I would move onto something more challenging, because she's cutting a name for herself as the Nollywood ashawo. When the time comes for her to take more complex and deeper roles, casting directors won't jump to her, and some of us in the audience would write her off.

Quality in the film. Quality in the actor. Is that hard? If she was paid a huge sum and the films were winning awards, trust me, I wouldn't talk. The money in Nollywood is not much; that's a fact. For which award was "Dirty Secret" nominated? To receive and endure the kind of criticism she gets, not just from me, but from many Africans and the media, you better be paying me millions of dollars to act in a Grade A film. As for my end of the bargain? I'll put in 100% effort and make it look believable.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:01pm On May 25, 2011
If you wanna compare "in their twisted minds they enjoy bringing down other woman" to outright calling a woman "a cheap LovePeddler", that's your business. Na only hypocrisy? ehen, now what?

'You can be picky when you don't have a name for yourself. It's not impossible."

Not in Nigeria

You cant compare Genny to Tonto. They ddnt start at the same tme, Genny has been around way longer than Tonto. The comparison is silly and not fair at all.

and Brokeback and Milk ARE good films however the Nigerian gay movies I mentoned are not., I suggest you watch them and come to your own conclusion. As for Tonto, you keep mentioning "dirty secret", she has other movies and it seems like you dont watch alot of home movies cos I can assure you there are worse ones.

Tonto is a kid really, you can even tell from her overall acting that she's quite immature, so Im hoping as she matures/gets older, she will make better choices. Bimbo Akintola was once accused of the same when she first came on the scene, now she's a "veteran" and is very picky with her roles. anyway what might seem likje little money to you might just be enough for her, why are you using your own views on her?
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 25, 2011
Well, your opinion won't change. My opinion won't change. I'm tired of reiterating. Best we drop it now.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:24pm On May 25, 2011
cool
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 25, 2011
tp.com1:

me i like the gal lips sha, i can't lie, grin

Me too
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by chines4(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2011
ogugua88:

Well, your opinion won't change. My opinion won't change. I'm tired of reiterating. Best we drop it now.

ThiefOfHearts:

cool

Thank God u ladies decide to drop this. Thats shows sing of maturity I like that, keep it up
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by decency4lu(m): 9:34pm On May 25, 2011
pls some should help a new friend here, but i so much love tonto lips
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Pweety4me(f): 5:23am On May 26, 2011
Her response sounds sluttish. . .dat's her life tho!
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by emekatimsu(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2011
I dn't even fancy dat gal's act scene,it's totally unnatural. Always gra-gra acting. Even her faciel expressions in movies are write off.
Like sumone posted her name toto di'ke. There's sumtin to it.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by LesbianBoy(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2011
when will some jobless nigerians learn!!!! she is busying now as u guys are bashing her kissing another guy in another movie(remember nigeria we shoot movies everyweek) grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue and they will pay her so why waste ur time on her undecided undecided undecided undecided and those of you bashing this girl saying she kisses and overact are stupiddddddddddddddddd!!!!!! sorry to say, infact you are the reason why nigerian movies are not entertaining this days angry angry angry there is a clear difference btw acting and real life! or do you prefer omotola and chioma chukwuka dat hardly kiss in movies because they are married women! if u all think its only tonto go and watch blackberry babes and see how muna obiekwe was smooching and pressing oge okoye bumbum remember oge okoye is a married woman while tonto is not!!!!!! so her own better sef
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by babyboy3(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2011
Always gra-gra acting. Even her faciel expressions in movies are write off.
Like sumone posted her name toto di'ke. There's sumtin to it.

Thats how all of them act,

@LesbianBoy

SPOT ON,

We have South African movies that grosses between $5m - $10m, movies that has the violence or sexual natures! but hey in 9ja we order the electric chair when someone tries to be different, I could remember the Ghanaian movie that had the sex scene was released in London, It was sold-out within minutes!

I could remember the day we heard that Halle Berry was going to act a sex scene, the cinema was so packed that people sat on the stairs and the floor,
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Florzy: 12:22pm On May 26, 2011
is it true dat Tonto Dike is 26 yrs?
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by chines4(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2011
Pweety4me:

Her response sounds sluttish. . .dat's her life tho!
U want start another war?
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Tricici(f): 12:44pm On May 26, 2011
MONEY MONEY MONEY. She said it. more than 5 times in 2 sentences.
That's it that's all.
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by KokoBeware: 11:25pm On May 26, 2011
Make una free the girl jorr, its just acting, wats the big deal in a KISS by the way, we are all hypocritic and sentimental, though i dnt lyk the way she based it on money, wish she said she was just bein proffessional doing her job (ACTING)

Al so she's 26 years, or at least not more than 27, she grew up in Portharcourt attended Federal Government College PH graduated 2002,
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Nobody: 4:44am On May 27, 2011
@Ogugua

I think tonto was keeping it real. I don't like her BTW. And sometimes her choice of movies sucks. Permit me to go offtopic small. I was watching one of paris hilton's BFF shows(out of boredom BTW) and watched her eliminate one gurl that told her from the onset that she was there to ''Boost her own career'' . The day she sent that gurl home was the day I said to myself . . . ''paris has made the biggest mistake of her life'' . There is someone keeping it real and you sent her home? undecided meanwhile the quiet one she likes is the hungry tiger amongst them all. That one is so quiet and avoids confrontation but her friend once said she(the quiet one) is a very crazy gurl and can be wild.

What I'm I saying? that gurl kept it real in that interview. You talked about genny rising above a stigma and may I remind you that it took her years to rise above it undecided and she still hasn't risen above it yet because that dent is going to be there for the rest of her life. See the way other married women flaunt their kids in spotlight, why hasn't she done same with her daughter? you think if she had married her baby's dad she wouldn't do same? she knows that negative energy is still around and thats why she is protecting her daughter from it.

Genevieve is a very good actress but it took her years to show the whole world that she's good, she did not just act a few movies to show that . Tonto is still a minor in the industry, she did not start the same time as genny. It will take her time to build as much as Genny has built and by the time she gets to genny's stage right now, genny herself would have been far gone in terms of level so there is no way we can compare them both
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:15am On May 27, 2011
jennykadry:

What I'm I saying? that gurl kept it real in that interview. You talked about genny rising above a stigma and may I remind you that it took her years to rise above it undecided and she still hasn't risen above it yet because that dent is going to be there for the rest of her life. See the way other married women flaunt their kids in spotlight, why hasn't she done same with her daughter? you think if she had married her baby's dad she wouldn't do same? she knows that negative energy is still around and thats why she is protecting her daughter from it.

so true. do you know what she looks like?
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by Nobody: 5:23am On May 27, 2011
No one knows what she looks like( I stand to be corrected sha because some peeps on this forum know her daughter). For all we know the gurl sef might not be in Nigeria. Genny is so protecting her like crazy, whilst the likes of omotola, kate henshaw, stella e.t.c are showing off theirs.

Why is she protecting her? Because the gurl did not come into this world '''the supposed'' right way. So what stigma has she risen above?

And yes I did watch corporate maid and I saw a particular scene where mercy used her own hands to guide Van's hands to her bosoms. Did you also see the one wey she touched his down below in his office? shocked shocked shocked I knew she had a crush on him then grin grin
Re: Nollywood Actress Tonto Dike On How She Copes With Love Scenes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:35am On May 27, 2011
lol the wet t-shirt scene nko? lipsrsealed

That woman is mad but I lke her. she wll be missed smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iyanya,Kcee & E-money Hang Out Together,Show Off Their Swags(photos) / Fan Gave An Artwork To Junior Pope While On Set In Enugu (photos) / “Leave Us To Wear Our Fashionable Rags,” Singer Simi Tells Old Folks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.