Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Why Jesus Cursed The Fig Tree - Emoji Devotions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Cursed The Fig Tree - Emoji Devotions (371 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Reasons Why Jesus Cursed The Fig Three (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Jesus Cursed The Fig Tree - Emoji Devotions by sweetmusictv: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
An Emoji Devotions for Tue 7th September, 2021

Topic: Why Jesus Cursed the Fig Tree

Highlights:

and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless and powerless [mere delusion]; you are still in your sins [and under the control and penalty of sin].

1 Corinthians 15:17

Then they understood things. They understood that they were not wearing any clothes. So, they took some leaves from fig trees. They fixed them together to cover their bodies.
Genesis 3:7

Peter remembered what Jesus had said. So he said to Jesus, ‘Teacher, look at that fig tree. You said that it should die, and it has died.’
Mark 11:21

This Devotional will be short. Our Lord Jesus was hungry and went to a fig tree to look for fruit to eat. The Bible made us to know that it was not the right season for fig trees to have fruits. (cf Mark 11:13) but Jesus still went on to look for fruit and he could not find any. In the end Jesus said to the tree "Nobody will ever eat your fruit again." Literally, we all agreed it was because the fig tree was fruitless hence Jesus taught His disciples to use their Faith. But the death of the fig tree is more to this than we could see.

Here is how it went down from the beginning of time. The whole scene of Jesus and the Fig tree relive the moment of Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:7 after they ate the forbidden fruit, they gained their senses of living a shortened and destructible life. The first thing Adam and Eve ever think of was unclothedness and their solution was to cover their bodies with Fig leaves. Why fig leaves? It was their best attempt of traditional ritual that seems to work in effort to restore back to their original bodies before God could return to see them.

Afterwards, God saw them hiding and He cursed them for their sins and gave a temporary solution to cover their unclothedness which is their most priority (read Genesis 3:16-24). The Lord God made clothes for Adam and Eve to wear. He used the skins from animals to make them.
Genesis 3:21. God sent them out of the garden and sent angels to guard it. (verse 24)

The revelation was happening since the beginning and it came to reality until the day Jesus Christ came in contact with Fig leaves (read Luke 4:21). God made human understood that using the fig leaves is an inconsistent rite to cover unclothedness. Jesus would find a fig tree in a season not right to have fruits and spoke to it that "Nobody will ever eat your fruit again" - a time traveling word to show that the "old" laws (fig leaves) will have to 'die' so that the new testament will begin (sacrifice of the lamb of God to become the risen son).

It was not a mistake that Jesus was beaten with whips having spike tips and crowned with thorns made from trees. He was thereafter crucified on a tree (Cross) to show that he was treated like a guilty animal. He behaved like a lamb and laid down his life. While he watch the reminisce of fallen man killing divinity. "It is finished" - He said.

Anytime we try to solve a problem by our efforts, it leads to another problem. Jesus is the only solution.

Jesus answered, ‘I am the way. I am the truth. I am the life. Nobody comes to the Father except by me.
John 14:6

Sin is what gives death its sting, and the Law is the power behind sin. But thank God for letting our Lord Jesus Christ give us the victory! My dear friends, stand firm and don't be shaken. Always keep busy working for the Lord. You know that everything you do for him is worthwhile.
1 Corinthians 15:56‭-‬58

Our Lord Jesus has taken the power belonging the fig leaves that no one will ever get covered by it anymore even if they keep trying unless by salvation through His blood. He is risen to life everlasting . Turn from your own ways and religious beliefs be cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ the lamb of God. If you Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ you and your family will be saved!

Take time and find the Lord Jesus today.

Prayer: Lord Jesus I have your understanding as the solution to life's troubles. I pray for grace to receive eternal life in you alone. Help me to stay in you for ever. In Jesus name Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Son Of Man, Think Of Your Life / Jesus Took A Lady To See The Principality of islam In Hell /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.