Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,433 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:18 PM

My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. (42479 Views)

2012 Honda Accord P0011 Is Killing Me / What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by becky39000(m): 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Please I bought my car about a month now. (Toks)
As I was bringing it in, I didn’t know the car was overheating and it burnt my gasket. I fixed it in agony.
Now just today, after parking it for 9 days I called the mechanic who told me I had to change the 4 coils, plugs and do a fresh servicing. I did all this and even bought two new gallons of coolant. Dear people, do you know that after an hour of all this, I tried to test drive , just along the way I noticed the car was over heating then I Tried to look for a little safe place And park. I opened my engine bay and noticed that gasket is burnt again! All my money down the drain! The stress, the agony, the everything. I’m so so sad! Trying really to be strong. Please people, what can I do? Now the car won’t start and I had to pay a towing van to tow it. Sorry about my grammar. My heart is just too heavy. Thanks. Any opinion is welcome.

No Brand Name or car model?

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
nedekid:

1.Murphy "agbede" (for overheating ie radiator etc.
(He is at boundry road, shasha).

2. Jonah (mechanic to fix your burnt gasket). 08083586480, 08051099023

Tnx

2 Likes

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by cmikel: 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
As I was bringing it in, I didn’t know the car was overheating and it burnt my gasket. I fixed it in agony.
Now just today, after parking it for 9 days I called the mechanic who told me I had to change the 4 coils, plugs and do a fresh servicing. I did all this and even bought two new gallons of coolant. Dear people, do you know that after an hour of all this, I tried to test drive , just along the way I noticed the car was over heating then I Tried to look for a little safe place And park. I opened my engine bay and noticed that gasket is burnt again! All my money down the drain! The stress, the agony, the everything. I’m so so sad! Trying really to be strong. Please people, what can I do? Now the car won’t start and I had to pay a towing van to tow it. Sorry about my grammar. My heart is just too heavy. Thanks. Any opinion is welcome.

It's only a small issue ....

Go and buy a double cell radiator and have the temperature thermostat removed.

Thank me later

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Loveganipedro(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Sorry Bro, to avoid all this walaha. Kindly be saving for another engine money. Thank you.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by oladhimegy: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
LagosInter:

Bm? And Honda?

Na so they strong. That bm no get mechanics sef
I have never repaired anything in my engines other than AC dryer for the BM which an earlier AC tech was asking me to change the entire compressor but I refused cos it didn’t make sense. AC was very cold on drivers side but warm at passenger side and the idiot first said it’s gas shortage filled gas issue persists later asked me to change compressor I just drove my car and looked for a better technician who discovered it was the blocked dryer that’s the culprit.

On my Honda after 2 years my car was stalling at idle when the AC is on the Kazeem just brought out Allen key I asked what he wants to do, dude said he wanted to increase the idle speed. I refused and drove off. Another Mech examined and discovered the flexible connection to the exhaust pipe that has net around it very close to the engine was blocked hence the car wasn’t breathing well. Changed it and that was it.

Others would have listened to the Mech, and not ask why would you change a manufacturer’s recommended idle speed that has been working for years? These Kazeems lack the mental capacity to troubleshoot they most times just treat symptoms and not the cause.

No Mech touches my car without telling me what they want to do. Me sef go school.

You’ve not jammed Kazeems that will disconnect ABS sensor cause it’s faulty and tell you there’s nothing it’s doing there.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Aurelius1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
You no see something buy na tokunbo car. The jalopy neva start to worry you, you don dey cry. I bought a used keke napep last year. This keke nearly killed me. I spent so much on it that I began to beg to buy fuel and engine oil. Even people I wasn't suppose to ask for help financially, I went to them. I may be driving with passengers, all of a sudden the keke would just switch off on its own. I would start and start all to no avail. At the end all my passengers would disembark out of anger. Nobody advised me before I put it up for sale. Today I'm happy I did away with that keke, if not it would have ruined me.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mod9: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please tell the brand of the car so that we can know how to advise you
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by General412(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
I’ll advice you to consult a mechanical factory that uses machines to get vehicle faults, they will detect straight for you, what’s actually happening to your vehicle.... if you can do this, I’m guaranteeing you of a � health for your vehicle
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by drightguy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.

Watch out for thermostat, get the radiator cleaned.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Cyroskijah(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello friend, I admire your write up and I want to believe you've this expertise on this issue...

I also have a camry car that gives me challenge, wen ever I change to reverse, it vibrates d car, after I've changed all d engine seatings and cub bearing and others, yet, d issue continues... It's quite not that serious if I should press down d break fully... Please, wot do you suggest could b d issue...

My mechanic proposes brain box issue but that he doesn't know any good repairer to check on that to make d correction.

nosiebaba:
You fixed overheating without tracing or addressing what caused the overheating in the first place.
I think your radiator is bad, or the fans are not working , or the water pump is bad.
If its the radiator, change the radiator, maybe the cells are blocked or its expired.
For the radiator fan, tell the electrician you want the fans to be working as soon as you turn the ignition on.
For the water pump, ita unlikely that's the cause.but they should check it
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mfm04622: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
nosiebaba:
You fixed overheating without tracing or addressing what caused the overheating in the first place.
I think your radiator is bad, or the fans are not working , or the water pump is bad.
If its the radiator, change the radiator, maybe the cells are blocked or its expired.
For the radiator fan, tell the electrician you want the fans to be working as soon as you turn the ignition on.
For the water pump, ita unlikely that's the cause.but they should check it

The man should pay you for this! This should not be given free of charge!
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by ndidibabe(f): 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
cmikel:

It's only a small issue ....

Go and buy a double cell radiator and have the temperature thermostat removed.

Thank me later

Another quack ....
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by FairlyUSEDpussy: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Yes, I almost die.
I’d rather have a pregnant Wife than not being to afford any bride price at all.
Bro na MY CAR, and one good mechanic’s touch, everything bad will be history. ( that’s why I am soliciting opinions.

Na poor man say Guinness they sweet am when Andre Rosé Dey.

Thank you and happy trekking.

Bad girl cheesy
Dat response.......
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by koyyess: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good evening. When I went to buy this car, I went with a mechanic and he told me all is good. Same him is fixing my car now. Please any mechanic suggestion? As I am currently in lagos.
He fooled you cause he wants to eat your money.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Rocktation(f): 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Rocktation(f): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2021
Karleb:

Omo!

It's a poor man that sees a car as an achievement.

Having a car is a necessity but when you car is driving nuts, you should probably park it somewhere and order Uber or bolt.

You're saucy sha.

You saucy pass am...why e shock you? Ntoin. Not everybody will allow you to climb their head and thank you for it. Which kain kweshion be that? Someone is frustrated and is asking for help and all you can do is guilt trip her. She answer you well.
Life always easy? If no, drink sniper nau. Maybe then, you'll ask yourself, "when I no come life, I die?" Mscheww.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by xandy84: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
As a Medium/heavy duty instructor, the cause of the problem will be thermostat that stuck close for these reasons.
1. When you start your car and your coolant is cold, thermostat stay close cos there is not reason to send coolant to radiator, the thermostat will stay close and send bypass the radiator by sending the cold coolant by into the engine. When your coolant get hot, the temperature will open the thermostat and let the coolant goes thru the radiator to cool it and back into the engine. If you get overheating few minutes after driving, then it's your thermostat.

2.If your fan is bad, you will only get overheating when you are not moving like traffic situation because when you are driving, air blows thru your radiator and does most of the cooling of coolant.

3. Bad radiator cap will make your coolant evaporate and lose coolant and your coolant level sensor should shut down the engine.

Finally, if such car comes to my shop, I will replace the thermostat, run and go from there...

DukeNija:

I can imagine the stress and pain. Kpele. We’ve been there in the past. Firstly, ditch your evil mechanic cos he’s the part of the problem here. Secondly, you didn’t indicate the make and year of your car. Thirdly, do you have any male figure you can speak to for assistance cos auto mechanical issues can be draining.
And finally, you need a very good mechanic to trace the origin and source of the overheating. It could be as simple as a bad radiator cap or faulty thermostat. So you need someone who’s knowledgeable to help supervise the repairs so you don’t further stress or frustrate yourself. I could send an auto mechanic to you if you don’t mind, depending on your location in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mrphysics(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
LagosInter:

Blocked via software? Or is it a hardware stuff?

Bros, I don't know how they do it. What I know is that your car will be having issues and the engine check light won't come up. They disable it. That is what happened to me.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by almsofgold: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
lolade is this you? grin
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by stephenponti(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good morning I read your reply. And I appreciate. Yes I am in Lagos.

Your car make, model and year?
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by erekelayewa(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello everyone, Im so sorry this happened to your car and even, you, but i must say, the fact that your car overheated to the extent of burning the Cylinder head gasket is a sign of share carelessness on your own side. Before your Cylinder head gasket got burnt, it must have overheated, now, you have a temperature gauge indicator on your Dashboard that should inform you that there's abnormality with your radiator water temperature, Did you pay attention to that? I want to believe that you don't know enough to drive vehicle. Good Afternoon.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by themonk(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Hello lance. Good morning. Thanks for writing back. Can I have the person’s number? I appreciate.
I’ve advised you on the mechanics to use, these are renowned in the auto section. Even Gazzuzz chatted you up and you didn’t respond. Make sure you know what you’re doing or you’ll be back here in little time.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by HORLADY(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
nedekid:
Pls don't make your fan permanent as adviced above. It could cause other problems.
If you are around akowonjo/Egbeda axis, I could give you a good Japanese car mechanic that will fix your car at minimal reasonable cost. Ie your burnt gasket.
As per overheating, if it concerns your radiator, forget it. Simple matter. "Murphy Agbede" will take out that radiator, open the cells and clean it up. That car will work like new.
My sis pajero after all the rubbish by lekki mechanics and overheating still continued, I told her to send the car over. Sharp sharp overheating from radiator was fixed. 2 years later, still no issues.
Pls recommend him o. I dey Egbeda
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by AlexB300: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Change the top cylinder
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by BigDolph(m): 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Op when your private jet is giving you problem let me know. We deal on private jets not toks car grin grin
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by nedekid: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
HORLADY:

Pls recommend him o. I dey Egbeda
1.Murphy "agbede" (for overheating ie radiator etc.
(He is at boundry road, shasha).

2. Jonah (mechanic to fix your burnt gasket). 08083586480, 08051099023
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Darkmode64: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
spill:
Hi Mskrisx,

Always call or visit mechanics that scans your car first before repairs or visit car scanner guys, it will definitely help.

The way I work on my car is this, I invite a car scanner to scan my ride anytime I notice anything abnormal. Immediately the problem codes are pulled out, I collect all the codes, make research and watch YouTube videos on how to fix the problems.

Then I will invite a mechanic and direct him on what I want him to do. I'm always willing to pay the mechanics well but must follow my instructions while working because I have done my research very well.

I drive around with less stress and I scan my car like 2 times in a month. I tried getting a scanner to be scanning it myself but Jumia delivered rubbish scanner that takes forever to connect to my car. I will make out chance visit the market and get a good scanner for myself to reduce cost of inviting the car scanner.

Always know the cause of the problem before working on your car. Don't allow mechanics to suggest or guess.

Finally, collect and keep safe every part a mechanic removed from your car. Make sure you collect the coils he replaced and keep it safe.
I don't have a car yet, but I find this useful and enlightening. Thanks chief
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Rastaramsey(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.

Damn niggar
Then sell it off
Who send you tokunbo car�
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Solatium(m): 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.

Change your mechanic
Change your mechanic
That is all i can tell you
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
bayobabe:
On top overheating? Person wey no go get something no dey know the value
make e no kee you for us that's my own concern

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Car Has Been Stolen In Maitama Abuja(photo) / Innoson Vehicle At Second Intra-african Trade Fair South Africa(photos) / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.