Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception (8274 Views)

The Misconception About Votes From Northern Nigeria / Here Is The Man That Caused Disunity Among Yoruba And Igbo People / FFK: "Nnamdi Kanu Kept On Naval Warship Off The Coast Of Bayelsa By Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by isokomarine: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Your behaviour here showed how toothless you are to non Igbo but vocal when it is time to push Ndigbo under the bus.
Step aside, let me handle all of them on behalf of the Good people of Ndokwa.

Madam kmcutez, your turn to be clarified.
First of all you have to acknowledge and accept that Africa is a patrichal society. So the ethnicity of the father of a child goes a long way in dictating the identity of the child.
You've been bent on your mother's Igbo name to prove that Isoko bears igbo name but never mentioned anything about your father, his ethnic or clue about his own name. No two Isoko parents will give birth and name the baby full Igbo names except as a tribute to an Igbo man who can be a very close family friend or mentor (eg Ex Gov Rotimi Amaechi).
The question here should not be the Igbo name of your mother but the ethnicity of your father.
If your father is Isoko, forget the Igbo name of your mother. You are Isoko.
If the father of your mother is Isoko and due to some circumstances she was given Igbo name, She is also Isoko.

Isoko doesn't own Ndokwa or Igbo lands in Bayelsa. Any Isoko in Ndokwa is simply a mere extremely small fraction. They dont represent Ndokwa. Ndokwa is Igbo although the contemporary people say they are Bini.
Thank you
igbo is not recognized in bayelsa, while ndokwa is joint own by both ethnic groups

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by isokomarine: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
Abohboy:

You realize that different areas can have different people living within them right? And that different ethnic groups can be within a single LGA? If you don't know this then you're an idiot becaus that should be obvious to anyone who knows anything about Nigeria, Delta State has 5 major ethnic groups including Igbo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaw and where i'm from Aboh is an igbo community
aboh is just a single town in ndokwa east

1 Like

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by ZZ22: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
isokomarine:
we can't never be igbo. Don jazzy mother is from abia while his father is from isoko part of ndokwa east
did i say you are Igbo? what does Ifeanyi, Onwuneme and Enebeli mean in Isoko?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by ZZ22: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Nna same here. I don't want anything to do with those people. Instead, we will dash them the whole of Ndokwa.
The Bini that Ika brought to us is enough wahala
The only thing I see there is Isoko giving the people confused about their Igboness the Isoko tag like a pet. They are free to remain in confusion if that is their wish

7 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by isokomarine: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Efewestern:

What's the meaning?

Haven't heard of such name.
you can find such name among isoko people of ndokwa
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by isokomarine: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
ZZ22:
did i say you are Igbo? what does Ifeanyi, Onwuneme and Enebeli mean in Isoko?
during colonial time isoko were divided into two parts, one isoko mainland were added to Eastern urhobo while the island were included in aboh division before the creation of local government with relation, you will expect some isoko people bearing such name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Fejoku: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

You claim to know your history and to an extent that of Ndigbo but a lady from Ndokwa East (which your Aboh is the HQ) is proving beyond Reasonable doubt here that both You and her are Isoko and all you can do is attempt to sabotage what Ndigbo have worked for over the years.
Mtcheww, Nwokem go and sit down one place let's enjoy this lady's submission
You need to pipedown so you learn what you don't know. I understand your apprehension about Abohboy but you must stay open to learning for clarity sake. Myself I'm learning from this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Efewestern: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Thanks for yielding on time before we dive deeper into history so that you won't disgrace yourself and the entire Isoko people further.
Okolo being Bini? Mtcheww
Make Bini people no catch you

I yielded on time because I noticed everything was becoming a supremacy battle for you and not you wanting to argue intellectually.

So yes, you win and I was wrong. Thanks for your time.

3 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Abohboy: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Your behaviour here showed how toothless you are to non Igbo but vocal when it is time to push Ndigbo under the bus.
Step aside, let me handle all of them on behalf of the Good people of Ndokwa.

Madam kmcutez, your turn to be clarified.
First of all you have to acknowledge and accept that Africa is a patrichal society. So the ethnicity of the father of a child goes a long way in dictating the identity of the child.
You've been bent on your mother's Igbo name to prove that Isoko bears igbo name but never mentioned anything about your father, his ethnic or clue about his own name. No two Isoko parents will give birth and name the baby full Igbo names except as a tribute to an Igbo man who can be a very close family friend or mentor (eg Ex Gov Rotimi Amaechi).
The question here should not be the Igbo name of your mother but the ethnicity of your father.
If your father is Isoko, forget the Igbo name of your mother. You are Isoko.
If the father of your mother is Isoko and due to some circumstances she was given Igbo name, She is also Isoko.

Isoko doesn't own Ndokwa or Igbo lands in Bayelsa. Any Isoko in Ndokwa is simply a mere extremely small fraction. They dont represent Ndokwa. Ndokwa is Igbo although the contemporary people say they are Bini.
Thank you

My dad and his dad are both from Aboh my dad's traditional name is Obinna I said my dad's mother is from Anambra so ultimately I am Igbo I never mentioned my mother once

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

You know you are lying but you think it's cool because you don't know the implications.
I will allow you to finish before I let you know

Igo******! cheesy
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by OfoIgbo: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2021
kmcutez:

I’m a female. Why should I lie?

Because you are female grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Abohboy: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Well, since your mom said she is from Aboh, Abohboy will clarify you.
Whatever he says is fine by me. If he confirms her people (Aboh) is either Isoko or Bini, I am OK with it.
Thank you

Aboh is a mixed town and so is the whole of Ndokwa land both Igbo and Isoko live there, in Aboh town there are different divisions or quarters for different ethnic groups other the years different people came and set up base in Aboh but it was ultimately an Igbo area so to assimilate the Isoko immigrants had to make their names Igbo and even celebrate Igbo festivals held in Aboh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Because you are female grin grin

Lol. It came out wrong. cheesy cheesy
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Nobody said you are Igbo but thank God you managed to prove my post right.
Your Father and Mother who are Isoko made sure non of your siblings bear Emeka or Chiamaka which proves that no two Isoko parents can name their Children Full Igbo names for no reason.
As for your mother. Find out how she got her Igbo name.
Even if she is full blooded igbo, that still doesn't make you Igbo because your own father is not.
You are a full Isoko lady my dear but your identity doesn't decide that of your local Government or Neighbours.
Ndokwa is Igbo land.
I hope this helps.
Thank you

If she truly has 2 Igbo sounding names then matter don get kleg.

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2021
ZZ22:
Where is Don Jazzy from? They wrote in Wikipedia he is Isoko but Don Jazzy once said he is Igbo. Meanwhile his father's full name is Collins Ifeanyi Owuneme Ajere Enebeli.

I'm not saying Isoko is Igbo and I dont want them to be.

Wahala dey!

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by meccuno: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Ndokwa East must be Bini. Ask Abohboy
He is the Bini representative of Ndokwa people home and abroad on nairaland
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
The arguments here begs one question!

What is the exact authentic history of Isoko!

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

Ndokwa East must be Bini. Ask Abohboy
He is the Bini representative of Ndokwa people home and abroad on nairaland

This is cyber bullying. Accept his identity as he projects it and treat him accordingly.

5 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
A quick search on Google.

Screenshot from : (PDF) Origins of the Isoko People of South-Central Nigeria Reconsidered.

5 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by BKayy: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
SlayerForever:

This is cyber bullying. Accept his identity as he projects it and treat him accordingly.

Abohboy:

Aboh is a mixed town and so is the whole of Ndokwa land both Igbo and Isoko live there, in Aboh town there are different divisions or quarters for different ethnic groups other the years different people came and set up base in Aboh but it was ultimately an Igbo area so to assimilate the Isoko immigrants had to make their names Igbo and even celebrate Igbo festivals held in Aboh.

Read this post from the horses mouth.
You are welcome

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by BKayy: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
ZZ22:
The only thing I see there is Isoko giving the people confused about their Igboness the Isoko tag like a pet. They are free to remain in confusion if that is their wish
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Abohboy: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

You are welcome

Where does it say that I AM not Igbo? Same way Brass and Bonny have Igbo and Kalabari so does Ndokwa have Aboh and Isoko

2 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by SlayerForever: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
BKayy:

You are welcome

If it is about the claim in the second paragraph he is 100% correct. It seems you're not familiar with that issue. Check Ibrede, Igbuku, Onogboko, Osafo, Ige etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Ekealterego: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
SlayerForever:

If it is about the claim in the second paragraph he is 100% correct. It seems you're not familiar with that issue. Check Ibrede, Igbuku, Onogboko, Osafo, Ige etc etc.
LOL. You guys did not discern what Bkayy is doing here. He is just paying back... If this were the Ijaw guys here or other landgrabbing fellas, there are so many things they would do with this. Just like them claiming Ndoki in Abia state.

But the truth is that most of the Igbos here are just in search for the truth and correct the wrongs that have been left unattended to for years. You guys are not here for confusion but clarity.

However, these other guys are not playing by the same rule. So, Bkayy is just playing a game. LOL.

4 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Collyweed: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Efewestern:

Lying? What will I benefit from lying?

First, I've given you all use of okoro amongst the Edoid groups and second, some of these groups had no contact with igbo, so it's just impossible for them to borrow a word from a group of people they never had contact with.

Okoro was used by ancient Bini kingdom and we all know how the Bini influenced most groups in southern Nigeria, that was how tribes like Itsekiri and Ilaje got to make use of it. Definitely, Urhobo being a direct offshoot of Bini kept its usage.

Okoro is derived from the Edoid word "Oko". Oko When translated into English means Young man.

I will rather think the "oko" root word is from the ancient proto-kwa language. (Ok)urin is man in Yoruba. Oke/Oko is male in Igbo. Even Idoma has a similar word (I think something like Oklo) for male. These languages are all related and from a single source. It has very little with one group influencing the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by oyatz(m): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQa7jUozajE

Found a man trying to teach Isoko on Youtube

So far I've learned

1. Ere - Eating
2. Enve - Monkey
3. Anye - Women
4. Omu - Child

What if I tell you that ;

Anye= Onye
Omu= Umu ?
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by oyatz(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
kmcutez:

Yeah. Ufoma is isoko name. Can also be spelt as Ufuoma.

I know one aunty in our area bearing Ufoma Akonaghovwo (I am not so sure I get the spelling of the surname well). She is Urbobo
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Efewestern: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
Collyweed:

I will rather think the "oko" root word is from the ancient proto-kwa language. (Ok)urin is man in Yoruba. Oke/Oko is male in Igbo. Even Idoma has a similar word (I think something like Oklo) for male. These languages are all related and from a single source. It has very little with one group influencing the other.

Never thought it this way. Thanks for your input.

Indeed we all came from a single root.
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Obdk: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Efewestern:

What's your name?
We have some Urhobo names that sound igboid but aren't.
Umukoro is one good example.
In igbo, it can be translated into Umu-okoro (Children of Okoro)
but in Urhobo it means Umuko-oro (Golden Cup).
If you tell me your name, I will give you its Edoid translation.
Before you continue ur lies. Which language is edoid..
Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Obdk: 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Efewestern:

Lying? What will I benefit from lying?

First, I've given you all use of okoro amongst the Edoid groups and second, some of these groups had no contact with igbo, so it's just impossible for them to borrow a word from a group of people they never had contact with.

Okoro was used by ancient Bini kingdom and we all know how the Bini influenced most groups in southern Nigeria, that was how tribes like Itsekiri and Ilaje got to make use of it. Definitely, Urhobo being a direct offshoot of Bini kept its usage.

Okoro is derived from the Edoid word "Oko". Oko When translated into English means Young man.

Lai mohammed will be proud of you...

You lie with so much ease.

3 Likes

Re: Isoko Tribe Of Bayelsa State And Igbo Misconception by Efewestern: 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
oyatz:

I know one aunty in our area bearing Ufoma Akonaghovwo (I am not so sure I get the spelling of the surname well). She is Urbobo

UFUOMA is the correct spelling and it means Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: More Nigerians Poorer, Miserable Than They Were In 2015 / Juju Scare In Aso Rock! / Reuters Withdraws Maiduguri Video After Discovering It Is Fake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.