Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 PM

Recommended Refrigerant Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommended Refrigerant Oil (1003 Views)

Sales..........a/c REFRIGERANT 134a .....sales / How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last / Where Can One Find 1234yf Refrigerant In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommended Refrigerant Oil by adanny01(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
So am about to change some A/C parts in my car. I got the oil recommendation from the service manual shown below.

From the recommendation and the parts i am changing, a total of 70ml is what is recommended to be added for

Condenser 25ml
Dryer 25ml
Line 10ml
Leakage 10ml.

My leak is on the discharge pipe from compressor to condenser. I recently started to notice oil on the pipe and had been losing gas. The last recharge didn't last a week and the pipe is completely wet will oil.

I am just a little scared knowing that too little oil risk the compressor seizing up while too much oil reduces cooling.

I am tempted to put 50 or 60ml instead of the 70ml. What do you think? In fact, i want to settle for 55ml. Neither full nor short.

1 Like

Re: Recommended Refrigerant Oil by Piyke: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
adanny01:
So am about to change some A/C parts in my car. I got the oil recommendation from the service manual shown below.

From the recommendation and the parts i am changing, a total of 70ml is what is recommended to be added for

Condenser 25ml
Dryer 25ml
Line 10ml
Leakage 10ml.

My leak is on the discharge pipe from compressor to condenser. I recently started to notice oil on the pipe and had been losing gas. The last recharge didn't last a week and the pipe is completely wet will oil.

I am just a little scared knowing that too little oil risk the compressor seizing up while too much oil reduces cooling.

I am tempted to put 50 or 60ml instead of the 70ml. What do you think? In fact, i want to settle for 55ml. Neither full nor short.

Leak - 25mls.
Dryer 10mls
Personally, will put the total as recommended.
Re: Recommended Refrigerant Oil by adanny01(m): 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Piyke:

Leak - 25mls.
Dryer 10mls
Personally, will put the total as recommended.

Yeah right.

I couldn't get the pipe locally new or toks. So i proceeded to do it the kazeem way, weld. I took out the pipe and it was dripping oil. Its very obvious that if that short pipe is dripping so much oil, i guess the recommendation is right so 70ml it is.
Re: Recommended Refrigerant Oil by calculation(m): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
adanny01:

Condenser 25ml
Dryer 25ml
Line 10ml
Leakage 10ml.

Please OP, what type of refrigerant do you use or suggest for honda AC system?
Re: Recommended Refrigerant Oil by adanny01(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2021
calculation:

Please OP, what type of refrigerant do you use or suggest for honda AC system?

Its is written in the engine compartment of your car unless the sticker was removed.

Mine is r134a

Re: Recommended Refrigerant Oil by calculation(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
adanny01:

Its is written in the engine compartment of your car unless the sticker was removed.

Mine is r134a
I know that R134a is the type, but am asking for the real name on refrigerant Can that you use, whenever there is need to recharge your Honda AC in your area or Abuja. Thanks
Re: Recommended Refrigerant Oil by calculation(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
Abeg reason my matter.

adanny01:

Mine is r134a

calculation:

I know that R134a is the type, but am asking for the real name on refrigerant Can that you use, whenever there is need to recharge your Honda AC in your area or Abuja. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice Me On Buying A HONDA CRV 2001 MODEL / Hire Purchase Or Daily Delivery Needed For Mini Bus(korope) / Best Cars For Uber And Bolt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.