Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,129 members, 7,807,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike (33111 Views)

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Millz404(m): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2021

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, threatened to “take over” all offices of the Federal Inland Revenue Service in the oil-rich South-South state if the government agency continues with its “bullying”.

The governor spoke at a stakeholders’ meeting in Port Harcourt, the state capital, while addressing business owners in the state.

The governor told the oil firms, construction companies and other business owners operating in the state to start remitting their Value Added Tax to the state government beginning this September.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt in its judgment last month in a suit marked FHC/PH/CS/149/2020 held that the Rivers State Government had the powers to collect VAT within its territory.

The FIRS, on Monday, prayed the court to stay execution on the judgment.

But the presiding judge, Justice Stephem Pam, rejected the application, saying granting it would negate the principle of equity.

On Monday, the Lagos State Government toed the path of Rivers State as a bill to empower it to collect VAT scaled second reading in the state House of Assembly.

VAT is a consumption tax paid when goods are purchased and services are rendered. It is charged at a rate of 7.5 per cent.

Speaking at the stakeholders’ meeting on Wednesday televised live on Channels TV and two other stations, Wike lamented about the injustice in the country saying Rivers generated N15bn in June 2021 but got N4.7bn while “Kano produced N2.8bn in June but Kano also got N2.8bn. Sometimes you don’t want to believe these things exist”.

The governor said he cannot continue to beg the Federal Government for what belongs to his state.

He warned the FIRS to desist from “bullying” the state with federal might.

“I overhead the FIRS chairman saying that he will show me the powers of the Federal Government that the Federal Government will muzzle the judiciary. It is not my business. The court has decided,” the governor said.

“All these bullying (by) FIRS. They should mind the state they are bullying. FIRS should be very careful. You don’t bully a state like us…I have the political will to do a lot of things. I am not one of those governors that will shy away. If they continue to bully us, all their offices in the state, I will take,” he stated.

‘I will seal off your premises if you continue paying VAT to FIRS’

The governor also warned the oil companies and business owners not to remit their VAT to FIRS but the Rivers State Government.

“From this September, we will start collecting our VAT,” Wike said, warning that his government “will not look back but seal up the premises of companies” who fail to comply with the new directive.

The governor also noted that the state does not need the Nigeria Police Force to enforce the collection of VAT but would use the state-created security outfit backed by the law.

https://punchng.com/breaking-vat-i-will-take-over-firs-offices-in-rivers-if-wike/

199 Likes 20 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by kestolove95(m): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
WIke d wicked

254 Likes 9 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by jneutron4000: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nice one enough of this corruption

325 Likes 16 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by slawormiir: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Wike the wicked

No one fuckkks with wike and go Scott free

Oshiomhole and Tinubu tried it during Edo election...see where they are now

271 Likes 11 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by lalajnr(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
WIKE is a MAN

Even though he's corrupt or not this guy get balls if we get this kind leaders for south reach ten no shaking

And if na WIKE be president during GEJ turn this vegetable for nor enter office

WIKE NA MAN

Like for WIKE share for Buhari

674 Likes 5 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
cool

Let the North collect their vat from the bandits and Hisbah cool

Any state that cannot generate Vat and income on her own should be merge.

411 Likes 8 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Head slammers are fighting back through the quota system fulanised FIRS

216 Likes 7 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by TMTR: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
correct guy, enough of all this rubbish going on in this country all in the name of "one Nigeria"

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Kingspin(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
After collecting VAT from South, they (North) will use them to sponsor bandits, Bokoharam and killing us.

Is pay back time.
Starve them.

264 Likes 8 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Seniorwriter(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
As expected...
This violence nature/tendencies of governor wike is why I can't like him.

Deep Quote
There is no justice in violence!
RobbStark:

Who your like epp.

We are talking of VAT, you are talking of like.
Carry your like go give Gombe State gov, he needs it more.
Mangekyo:

You dislike wike but then you dick ride buhari and other stupid tyrants in power.
You should get your toxicity outta nairaland, no one gives a f about your stupid opinions and that includes wike
Mangekyo:

You continue compiling notes like a dîckhead would. You didn't reply me but place my advice to you on the epistle hahaha. Lad why don't you take a day off?, you need to get your shits back together. You've clearly lost it. Spamming nairaland with your f**ked up opinions wouldn't provide food on that skeleton made trash you call table. Go get yourself an actual job mate
Gettat.....not liking him doesn't translate to not liking what he is championing for....your toxic self can't even comprehend that but you chose to quote me with a show of toxic ignorance on a public space as NL.....
mcrity46:
visionary leader kill u der
Get a life.....this one you borrowed is miserable.

Winters23:

What is violence from a man who won in court?

So the bully have now become the victim abi?

Senior nonsense grin
Winters23:

You keep talking about comprehension when you don't make any sense grin

Your simple problem is lack of comprehensive ability for my deep quote.
Thanksful:

Enforcing the law requires force
Thanksful:

What are we talking about here? Verbal violence or verbal force
I'm sure you know the difference of the word force from violence.

Omicron007:
[s]

One Fulani hairy balls sucker spotted.
You just come here spewing trash on FP.
You are definitely not the kind of young visionary leader we need in Nigeria.
You don't even understand the whole FIRS saga and instead of you to quietly read through the post, you grab space and spew gibberish.

Just getat.
What is your toxicity for? FP or my indisposition to violence....if I spewed trash to you then you owe me no response but your action is opposite.

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS IN NIGERIA!

@SENIORWRITER

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by chidiebube107: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
This man
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Astra101: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Emmyreal4(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
John Wike on the wheels of steel grin

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by joinnow: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
I love this
Restructuring small small

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by signature2012(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Fearless Wike!

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Sunnybay7: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good,they should go and collect VAT from Gumi and hisbah,they should not forget to collect VAT from herdsmen too.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Mayor21(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Night with the balls
Balls of steel

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
kestolove95:
Woke d wicked

SHARAAAAP!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by meccuno: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
When he was killing Igbos in Obigbo, the Northerners were clapping grin grin. now the Tiger is on attack mode on their means of lively hood. Imagine the useless federal government run mostly by Northerners. They score the lowest but are employed more than those who are better educated than them. In as much as Wike acts strange some times, he is right on this one. These Northerners would relax and be leeching off on the sweat of the south. Parasites grin

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by chiedu7: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
The North of Nigeria always claims to have millions of people when it comes to census & elections

When it comes to paying VAT those millions seem to vanish

Is that not a miracle?

Why wont the North beg when their millions only manifest to vote & be counted but cant pay tax of any sort.

Just common stopping sending food to the south & they cried.
Abi their millions can't buy the food?

Unless the millions in the North can only vote, they dont buy or sell.
Then I see reason why they cant raise VAT

If not then we need to revisit the Norths so called Millions in population

Then the North will say that they feed the South.

when the South buys the food from the North that's business not handout.

When we stopped buying food from the North , the North cried.
Why could their millions buy the food?

https://twitter.com/daily_trust/status/1366765006780522499

The South gives the North VAT receipts, Oil Revenue freely as handout.
PARASITES

Let the millions that the North claims it has should arise now,abi na only elections dem dey comot for?

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Sonnobax15(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
grin
The fear of Odogwu Wike is the beginning of wisdom..........

Na like this state governor suppose to dey fearless...And not being Chicken-hearted like other southern governors lipsrsealed

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by obajoey(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
The end is near, the end to what is called Federal Govt. Soon there will be no money to share by the so called "FG". Each region to control their resources..

Abeg no be from my mouth u hear am ó.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Hisxellency: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
This wike strong o

Bold and courageous
He's the pathfinder

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Mossadd: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Governor with strong and functioning ball.I trust wike if they misbehave they will just get to their office one day and realise that it has been demolished by wicked wike.and there is nothing they can do to him until he leave power in 2023.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by DuduParaPara: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hahahaha.

Never at any point in time support evil.

After the endsars protest, when Wike was killing Igbo people at Obigbo northerners supported and clapped.

Now he is uprooting their source of food.

Mind you, if all states start collecting tax, FIRS will die a natural death.

All those northerners that were giving their children jobs at FIRS based on federal job go hear am.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Spiritmask: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Winters23: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Politicians like Wike make me to start seeing hope for this country.

Federal government is having too much power and funding, it's time to decentralize.

But even if all southern states stand up against the bullies, am afraid south east states will coward out as usual.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by asobo1: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why / Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.