Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,376 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (19634 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nikkganc08(m): 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Triplerg:
You spoil yourself with N500? Hmm I don't want to laugh

U won't understand sir.

That 500 naira 'spoiling' is only on month end when I get paid.

Its not even everyday something.

Trust me, some peoples case right now is even worse than that

4 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by oazeez1991(m): 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Casan0va:

Wtf, where's the outrageous pay?

Bro, maybe you should consult a Dictionary for clarification cos outrageous here means, cruel
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by VTJN(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Abujakenneth:
I am a lawyer. I will like to teach for free. I love teaching
You could take Government and civic education in high school

Teaching had been a noble profession, our system only made it a second fiddle, an option for graduates

I'm glad you find it interesting making impacts. Please do go for it
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Adekaka12345:

Na so e easy. Lol

Yeah! It depends on how you go about it.

I also sell stuff to fellow tutors, hence the big price in income.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
Damson22:

Pls how can I go about this boss
Yeah! I work with Preply and also sell teaching materials to fellow tutors on a subscription basis.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by PitexyBaba(m): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.

Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.

Link bro
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Teeneyo(m): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
Before we start castigating the proprietor,lets ask oursef dis question
How much is d school fees
How many kids ar in the school
If u ar expecting 45k salary per month on a one time 15k school fee per child which runs fr 4 months.
If d schl fee is 80k per child and u ar being paid 15k per month,the proprietor is wicked

Op.i advise u to go on PT teaching and run a partime online hustle
Wish u d best

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Adekaka12345: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
CalvinGaye:

Yeah! It depends on how you go about it.

I also sell stuff to fellow tutors, hence the big price in income.

God help you...
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Srallens(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
Casan0va:

Wtf, where's the outrageous pay?
.... I really don't know bro. He probably used the wrong word
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Shimran(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....

OP honestly your workload is unbearable. I think with extra lesson in a month you can make more than amount.

Just find children from those big homes ( they probably needed it); all in all, two contacts a week. Look for 3 different houses and charge at least 10k per months and per house.

Privates school are meant to kill their staff!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by tioyoung(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please I need a candid advice
I teach in a private school
Where I earn 27thoudand naira.
My proprietor and I are good friends
Like no issues
He is even willing to top my pay.
Yesterday pastor in the church where I worship called me and demand that I resign from my current school
And come teach in his school.
I made him understand that I can't just leave that school cause the proprietor has being nice.
Now he has accepted that I teach on pertime bases but I am not sure if my proprietor will accept it.
Please � advice is needed

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by tobeymichael16(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
I'm a corper posted to a Secretariat. But as work no dey Secretariat, I teach mathematics from jss1- ss2. I earn 10k.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by odimbannamdi(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
MrOkenwa:
I pay my sons' home lesson teacher 40k per month.
They're in Primary 1 and nursery 2 respectively.
She teaches them after school and helps them with their assignments.
4 days per week, 3 hours per visit.

Nice one!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by lereinter(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
11 subjects bawo
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Candycrushy(f): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nikkganc08:
I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

I usually buy a bottle of malt + 300naira goat meat.

Then start managing d rest .

All thanks to d day I stumbled on a nairaland thread by @Venzal.

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

It can be 3k, 5 or up to 10.

Yeah...

On lucky days, 15 - 50k at once.

But a day or two doesn't just pass without me seeing some cash.

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher.

Can't even do it for 40k monthly pay.

Its not worth my time

Oya cut soap for me na
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Jossyman0007(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
My wife earns #280k monthly, as an art teacher in a very reputable school here in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ozcarbenson(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

Lol
Boss, what's your definition of outrageous?
Oh. I get what you mean now...
I don leave house wey I rent to stay with my parents fr now to at least reduce expensesgrin

You even rented an apartment with meagre 15k salary? Mehn, you're an mvp.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Heineken(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
10 subjects 10k plus 2k for lesson money. That's 12k. All subjects Lesson notes every Friday.
Always headache. Naso I run leave the teaching last month. Hoping on God

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Oyerinde16(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:
How can you teach 11 subjects for 15k? Are you normal?

If not that he his MAD how can you earn $30 a month...

8 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by MsBella: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Kaka77 post=105624635][/quote]
Hello Sir. I read through your comment and I would like to ask if the Cambridge certification you have is - TKT, CELTA or DELTA. I want to take the first 3 modules for TKT.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by breeezefe: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Kaka77 post=105624635][/quote]

I believe you.

Especially as a science teacher. If you know your onions, your level will be different from a traditional teacher
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Kingsasian(m): 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

Woah shocked.
Really enticing
Probably in one of these big states, right?
bro not really, the school is located in the north.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by TRIXIA: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please leave the job. Go and do apprenticeship in a trade. Don't waste your time. What are you gaining? Nothing! Absolutely Nothing! Resign that job now!!!
JABAIDO:
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Restructure9ja(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Kingsasian post=105622327]I just teach primary 5 and 6 mathematics. Pay is 57k

Contact me to make more money on uLesson 09028778072
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by gotousa2013: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
Why not go farming instead of wasting your youthful years in a 7-5 job with a meager pay .
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Peppysco: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Paxxcarl:
The only time I thought was during my service year

You shouldn't have taught, I swear. Big man like you nor suppose 'thought'

3 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Timekeeper: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Rexymania:
Bro I'm interested... But if its forex, count me out

Bwahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Timekeeper: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
grin grin grin
Peppysco:

You shouldn't have taught, I swear. Big man like you nor suppose 'thought'
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Lifeitself: 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
Bros which school
Kingsasian:
I just teach primary 5 and 6 mathematics. Pay is 57k
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Kingsasian(m): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Restructure9ja post=105627259][/quote] ok bro, thanks bro
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Kingsasian(m): 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lifeitself:
Bros which school
a private school in Jalingo
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by paltielx: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Is Agricultural Education a good course to study in Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do A Woman Can Also Do (photos) / Meet Olayemi Samson, Nigerian Enterpreneur Making Fashion Out Of Trash / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.