Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car (43108 Views)

Abuja To Delta: I Didn’t Steal Car, Only Test-Driving – Suspect / Man Laments As Hoodlums Destroy His Car, Steal Car Parts (Video) / Robber Who Tried To Steal Car Near Diamond Bank In Awka Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by musicwriter(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
madridsta007:

My suggestion would be similar but perhaps a bit more thorough; A complete vetting of passengers like drivers are vetted, down to provision of referees, scanning of work ID cards, educational qualification documents, international passports, etc. This has its downsides as it means there would be less customers as it starts, but the safety and the thorough vetting process will be pushed as Uber's USP and its customer base should increase over time.

Nice idea, though any government issued ID would do, plus capturing a client's pic before any journey.
If from onset people are told that's the T&C of service, they'll still register to use the service.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by madridsta007(m): 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
hedonido:

You're a joker. Most likely a salary earner (with the typical work ID card mentality). Start a business; be an entrepreneur or think like an entrepreneur and then see how ridiculous this your suggestion is.

Yes, I am a salary earner. I am ordinary Assistant Professor, tenure-track in the States.
To your comment; entrepreneurs register their business with the CAC, I believe. They can easily make ID cards for themselves. I know because I have friends in Nigeria, entrepreneurs, with ID cards.
The other documents I mentioned are documents they have.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by marlboro007(m): 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
LongDD80:
Ah undecided I don't know how people feel to kill their fellow being I swear I see such people as mental disorderly fellow.

Meanwhile!!
DO YOU KNOW THAT UNTREATED AND MISTREATED INFECTION CAN LEAD TO INFERTILITY IN MEN AND WOMEN? HAVE YOU BEEN SUFFERING FROM ANY KIND OF INFECTIONS OR GROWTH INSIDE YOUR BODY SUCH AS:

Uterine Fibroid (Intramural Fibroid, Submucosal Fibroid or Subserosal Fibroid).

Staphylococcus (STAPH)
Gonorrhea
vaginal Yeast Infection
Trichomoniasis
Vaginitis:
Gardnerella
Norovirus
Streptococcus (e.t.c)

AND ALL KINDS OF TOILET INFECTIONS? Get rid of the infection using our number 1 herbal product.

Stop managing infections, crush that Chronic and STUBBORN infection and Growth that refused to go and enjoy GOOD health within 2weeks. You are just a PHONE Call away to your permanent Solution.
where are u based, I really need medication for gonorrhea pls
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by EtinosaDLaw(m): 12:03am On Nov 03, 2021
Scary times we live in

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspected Kidnappers Kill Retired Navy Captain And His Aide In Plateau / Man Caught Defrauding His Elderly Helper/host In USA 6 Months After Relocating / Ghanaians Destroying Shops & Goods Of Nigerians Worth Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.