Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? (11911 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by kenzysmith: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
daveP:

Laurent Blanc
Ralf Ragnick
Zinedine Zidane

Rhe first two are good coaches. If they can get Zidane as Replacement, then no doubt, its fine.

Rohr has however improved the records the SE has but the team is not functioning at fullll potential. This is something a coach like the legendary Zidane can unlock without any reservations or doubt, especially as Nigeria need to get to the Quarterfinals in Qatar.

The way his contract has ran also is just confusing. No modern coach will like such crappy attitude from the NFF one bit. They have normalized owing for months.

I'd say if he qualifies the team for Qatar (very sure), he should be allowed but an attacking analyst be employed. Else, if NFF can lay hands of the French Legend, they should.
una no dey think before una dey talk coach wey done win European trophy 3 times a row make he come coach Nigeria? Even arsenal no get mind approach am na Nigeria wey them never feel pay people salary employed zindane? Who wan dey pay 200k per month that his 70million naira lol

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by Fantazy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Alright.
But wait oh
I was thinking, if Nigeria wins the world cup, will they at least look for small pocket money for us the fans cheering them? NO!

So, that one no concern me!
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by Christmasdon(m): 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
Relief him.
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by daveP(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
una no dey think before una dey talk coach wey done win European trophy 3 times a row make he come coach Nigeria? Even arsenal no get mind approach am na Nigeria wey them never feel pay people salary employed zindane? Who wan dey pay 200k per month that his 70million naira lol

What part of if did you fail to understand? undecided
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by rollywise(m): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Go back to which days? You want hire back westerhof? Rhor is there only reason I'm still watching the super eagles at least I can count how many times we've been beaten. No more cases of players boycotting matches with numerous excuses coz they don't wanna play. International players now want to play for their home country. For a long time now no wahala of no pay no play. You wan scatter this peace abi. I just dey laugh

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by gabe: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin grin grin people that can't pay salary want to sack coach

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by samdolad(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
blasterman:

Enyimba cannot beat Cape Verde, Even that team that played mexico cannot beat cape verde.

When last did a nigerian local team win an african cup competition?
No mind them o, make them dey talk na, shebi home based eagles go CHAN tournament twice; 2014 dem finish third, 2018 Morocco thrashed dem 4-0 for final. even the so called Emmanuel Amunike wey una dey talk about sef, where did he take Tanzania to at the last Nations cup? I no like Rohr pattern o, but the man no too bad, after all, if any person come now and he no perform, na una go still dey shout make them pursue that one too.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by LZAA: 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin grin
All the coaches from rohr's era have since retired or become scouts which funny enough is what rohr is grin
Time to abandon NIS and open open a proper training school for coaches but hey this is Nigeria grin
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by robosky02(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
Reference:

Shows the level of degeneration.
You can imagine some here saying, for once we are not using 'calculators.'
Their poor mentality cannot see us wining trophies but celebrating qualifications... just as Arsenal did (sorry to use that example) start celebrating top four under Wenger, then top six under the next gaffer and today that is even a mirage.

It is called progressive degeneration, a deterioration into mediocrity.
This is a country that once competed with the biggest and the best in Africa consistently, wiping the floor with the likes of Cape Verde.
Can one remind these medicore thinkers that we were once ranked 5th best in the world, 5th, 5th, 5th..... In 1994 just 27 years ago, not in another generation oh, and the man that took us to such lofty heights is still alive...

What kind of nonsense do we keep on subscribing to. We should be looking for a Westerhof replacement and keep on firing until we get there, not settling for rubbish. Because it appears we are not interested in winning trophies just competing. Just look at how crestfallen the Super Eagle brand has become.... sad.

Thank you in fact take

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by robosky02(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
Surebaba01:
chai

See you

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by mrsoludomeka(m): 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Nigeria should stick with rohr.look at there performances in recent World Cup qualifing matches against Liberia and cape verde,we played well and topping group C with 6 points ahead.to me rohr is an experienced coach,with good tactics.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by muhyeenisce(m): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
To me this coach has done no single run he has qualified us for 3 major tournaments something the local coaches has failed to qualify for 2 tournaments in a row even Olympic and under 20 world cup we no go, even caf champions league we no qualify for the past 5 yrs. Gernort rohr has done no wrong for me let allow this coach to rest abeg
Na mumu analyst full Nigeria they nor de reason with their brain, no mind them jare...

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by muhyeenisce(m): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
robosky02:

Put them there first

At least Amunike can do better
Go and sleep guy
No home base coach will do better than this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by muhyeenisce(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
blasterman:

Una don pay Rohr. is it because he didnt quit?

Even the so called 1994 team lost all of their away WC qualifier matches and drew the last one.

They won nothing

Super Eagles typically lose away matches even if they play Djibouti.

Football has changed from samba to pragmatism and winning is the only thing that matters.

Go and hire Tuchel or Klopp. between 500,000$- 1million $ per month. Una nor reach

the man contract ends after 2022 world cup or if they dont qualify.

Qualifying for the World cup FIFA pays to each team 9million dollars. and as u progress the money doubles

When nigeria was not qualifying for nations cup where were u folks. 2 editions and world cup becasue they wanted local coach.

Village level wan dey operate at international level

Nigeria is a village, if not for social media una music sef for be rubbish
God bless you jor
Don’t mind those village pundits

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by muhyeenisce(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
taiocol:

This coach is terrible at his job, no technicality on his path. Just vibes and foriegn players selections

Make una bring una papa come Coach super eagles na

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by muhyeenisce(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
rollywise:
Go back to which days? You want hire back westerhof? Rhor is there only reason I'm still watching the super eagles at least I can count how many times we've been beaten. No more cases of players boycotting matches with numerous excuses coz they don't wanna play. International players now want to play for their home country. For a long time now no wahala of no pay no play. You wan scatter this peace abi. I just dey laugh
The person wey bring suggestions make they sack rhor na bandit or ipob they no like better thing and they nor sabi reason at all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by kenzysmith: 12:28am On Sep 10, 2021
daveP:

What part of if did you fail to understand? undecided
Oga zindane is too big to coach Nigeria even if he agrees can u pay him? Renard have is d only coach we can get now realistically

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by Lucque: 6:31am On Sep 10, 2021
Yes.... we need a more tactically sound coach
But we cannot afford to make that change now...Rohr for me has done immensely well given the conditions he has had to deal with...for me he should remain
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by LifeCoachAndre: 7:23am On Sep 10, 2021
post=105647936:
If he gives us the ticket to Quatar 2022 then he should be the one to lead us to the World Cup.

Since they can't save him prior now , and he has done well so far in our qualifying campaign, and we topping the table.
They should let him continue.

Chikena!

Best comment so far, laced with facts and reality. Some just comment from their a#s@s. Thats why the country cannot move forward
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by robosky02(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2021
muhyeenisce:

Go and sleep guy
No home base coach will do better than this man

Who be this one

Are you new on this planet?

He has not even done half of what keshi did...
Re: Should Nigeria Stick With Gernot Rohr Or Move Beyond His Era? by Daviddreamz(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Not just list this names..The question is do they have a coaching badge?
Kanu

Daniel Amuokachi

Osaze

Aiyegbeni

Sani keita and co.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leganes Signs Kenneth Omeruo On Loan From Chelsea (Photo) / Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game / UEFA Champions League Fantasy Private League Code.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.