Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email (9712 Views)

Cyber Fraud: Forensic Investigations Indict Naira Marley / Justice For Deborah: Help Sign The Petition On Change.org Now (Photo) / Adoke’s Illness Stalls Efcc’s Interrogation Into $1.06 Billion Malabu Oil Block (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Miyagi1: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
POLICE INDICT LANRE SURAJU - AFTER PROBING ADOKE’s PETITION ON ‘FORGED’ EMAIL, PHONE TAPE

Olanrewaju Suraju, chairman of the HEDA Resource Centre, has been indicted of falsehood in the probe of an allegation that an e-mail and phone conversation attributed to Mohammed Bello Adoke, former attorney-general of the federation, were forged.

Suraju was indicted by an investigation carried out by the inspector-general of police (IGP) monitoring team.

In a series of press statements by HEDA earlier this year, the not-for-profit organisation said Adoke had communicated with JP Morgan in June 2011 over OPL 245 transaction between Malabu Oil & Gas Ltd, Shell and Eni.

Adoke was accused of using the email address of a company owned by Aliyu Abubakar, who was on trial in Italy over the OPL 245 affair.

The email was intended to support the claim that there was corruption in the deal, that Adoke — who was not on trial in Italy — and Abubakar “worked together” to fleece Nigeria in the deal.

Adoke had disowned the email, saying he was no longer minister as of the date it was sent and had no reason to use another person’s e-mail address.

The former AGF also debunked claims he had a phone conversation with an Italian journalist in 2017 where he was said to have acknowledged that the OPL245 deal was a scam.

Adoke said the phone conversation was state-managed, adding that he was on self-exile at the time and had stopped using a Nigerian line since June 2015.

The former minister, through his lawyers, had petitioned the IGP requesting for a investigation of the allegations levelled against him.

In a letter addressed to Adoke and dated September 2 which was seen by TheCable, Ibrahim Musa, head of IGP monitoring team, said an investigation had been conducted on the claims.

The police said Suraju did not verify the phone tape and email before sharing on social media.

It accused the HEDA chairman of falsehood, saying his act is “a calculated attempt to resort to media trial and to falsify relationship” between Adoke and Abubakar.

“A thorough investigation was carried out and in the course of investigation, it was evident that Mr Olarenwaju Suraju of Human and Environmental Development Agenda, an unregistered organisation, without verifying the authenticity of the purported telephone interview and email proceeded to use the social media handle of @HedaAgenda on Twitter and @HedaResourceCentre on Facebook to disseminate same,” the letter reads.

“And when invited by the Police to substantiate his claims, he feigned sickness, jumped bail and resorted to issuing press statements maligning the Police, writing frivolous counter petitions and filing civil suits in Court against the IGP Monitoring Unit, Force Headquarters, Abuja and the Police, aimed to undermine the investigation and to evade the course of justice.

“That the claims made by Mr. Olarewaju Suraju that, his foreign partners, national and international media agencies are the authors of the information he shared is misleading as he was the one issuing the press statements that were published by these media agencies.

“That the totality of the conduct of Olarewaju Suraju is a calculated attempt to resort to media trial and to falsify relationship between Mohamed Bello Adoke, SAN, and Aliyu Abubakar while their cases are still ongoing in Court, thereby misleading the public, of which elements of a prima facie case of cyber-stalking, giving false information to misled public officer, injurious falsehood and criminal defamation with intent to incite exist.”

SURAJU DENIES POLICE REPORT, DESCRIBES IT AS ‘FAKE’

When contacted, Suraju told TheCable that he is not aware of the report from the IGP monitoring unit.

The HEDA chairman described the police report as “fake”, saying the monitoring team is still conducting its investigation.

“I have not seen the report. I am just hearing it for the first time and I don’t know where it is originating from,” he said.

“I was still with the IGP monitoring unit two weeks ago and the unit is still conducting its investigation. I am completely unaware of that so-called report.”

When asked about his encounter with the police and a part of the probe which noted that the HEDA chairman could not substantiate his claims during investigation, Suraju insisted that the report cannot be true.

“I can tell you authoritatively that the report is fake. I can assure you that it did not emanate from the IGP monitoring team,” he said.

“The monitoring unit is still conducting its investigation and I can assure you that there is no official report coming from the IGP monitoring unit.”

While the IGP report describes HEDA as an “unregistered organisation”, Suraju said such claim is “a lie”.

“In my presence, the police confirmed our registration on CAC website and they saw the registration of my organisation on the website,” he added.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/police-indict-lanre-suraju-after-probing-adokes-petition-on-forged-email-phone-tape

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by victons(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
Well, having ignored the whole message without reading a word, I have nothing to say.

Maybe my other real niggurs would spill my unspoken words.

2 Likes

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by NwaNimo1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
I hope say envelope no go pass hand like how jorginho the pass mason mount ball for Chelsea, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law...

The commenter above me and Gifs are like 5&6 grin
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by boselarry: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
We hear
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by calberian: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Propaganda gone wrong. Nonetheless, I’d rather still stick with the wise ones who once said that there’s no smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Zico5(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Which way Nigeria. Even Hausa are more dangerous in corruption than Yoruba and Igbo combine. The only difference about them is that they know how to cover themselves unlike Yoruba and Igbo. Maina and the former SGF are very good examples. We southerners must open our eyes and see danger in our alliance with these parasites. They are ready to sick us dry without any track whatsoever.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by BruncleZuma: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by djkaneo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
k
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
issoright.. just Observing
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Warriboy1234567: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
D
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by do4luv14(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
Trusth102:
FTC smiley who am I sending my account number to undecided

Bubu
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Daughter13: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
victons:
Well, having ignored the whole message without reading a word, I have nothing to say.

Maybe my other real niggurs would spill my unspoken words.
Lol
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by tradepunter: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kingsuave:

I hope say envelope no go pass hand like how jorginho the pass mason mount ball for Chelsea, he should be made to face the full wrath of the law...

The commenter above me and Gifs are like 5&6 grin

I swear the guy na real character

1 Like

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Snitch24(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Trusth102:
FTC smiley who am I sending my account number to undecided

What's Ftc
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by CondemnBattery(f): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
What should I do with this news now?

The person that programmed the traffic light on freedom way Ikate, will not make heaven
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by gasparpisciotta: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
These non profit organizations dey cash out steady!!!!

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by moriss33(m): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
Well...he couldn't provide proof so he manufactured one...there is no smoke without fire !
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by RZArecta(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kpomo boy has been caught being stupíd red handed cool
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by 143WaZoBia: 12:19am On Sep 10, 2021
Zico5:
Which way Nigeria. Even Hausa are more dangerous in corruption than Yoruba and Igbo combine. The only difference about them is that they know how to cover themselves unlike Yoruba and Igbo. Maina and the former SGF are very good examples. We southerners must open our eyes and see danger in our alliance with these parasites. They are ready to sick us dry without any track whatsoever.
Not a bad thing for the southerners. It’s bad to shield criminals. Look at where the north has found themselves in all aspects because they like protect themselves.
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Geeman2006: 12:31am On Sep 10, 2021
Zico5:

Be there and be deceiving yourself! When Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba want to be corrupt , they do so wholeheartedly and forget tribe. A typical example is our politicians at National assembly. Be there thinking only Hausa is your problem.
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by ItrendNaija(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2021
Lengths people can go to just to discredit others. I hope Adoke can clear his name
Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Techm8: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2021
One of the easiest ways to dodge or prolong justice is to conveniently fake sickness when you're called to clear your name

1 Like

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by OctoberEleven: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2021
This Saraju guy is not smart. How can you rush to report unsubstantiated information to the public and to use the handle of an NGO that is not even registered grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by enoch273: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2021
This is looking like a conspiracy against Ajoke.

1 Like

Re: Police Indict Lanre Suraju After Probing Adoke’s Petition On ‘Forged’ Email by Techm8: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2021
enoch273:
This is looking like a conspiracy against Ajoke.
It is clear for all to see

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even Oby Ezekwesili’s Sons Know I Am Not A Rapist, Mustapha Audu Tells His Story / Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader / Gunmen Kill ASP In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.