Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee (13386 Views)

CBN: Cardoso, Deputy-Governors take oath of Office / PDP Governors May Dump Wike Over Party Members Harassment, Romance With APC / PDP Announces Their National Convention Planning Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by mhmsadyq(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has appointed Adamawa state governor, Ahmadu Fintiri as chairman of the party’s convention organizing committee.

This is as Oyo state governor, Seyi emerged secretary of the convention planning committee.

The zoning committee would be chaired by Enugu state governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi while Zamfara state deputy governor, Mohammed Mahdi is the secretary of the committee.

Bayelsa state governor, Duoye Diri was appointed deputy chairman of the convention planning committee while his Benue state counterpart, Samuel Ortom is the deputy chairman of the zoning committee.

Addressing newsmen at the end of the party’s 93rd National Executive Committee, NEC meeting Thursday, national publicity of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, said NEC received the report of Senator David Mark-led committee, impaneled to address the lingering court cases against the leadership of the PDP, stressing that the issues would be laid to rest in a matter of days.

READ ALSO: How PDP can regain power in 2023 – Elumelu
Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered that governors were initially opposed to the choice of Fintiri given his closeness to former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.

Atiku who is vying for the Presidential ticket of the party in the 2023 election was the biggest winner as the governors put away their fears to embrace Fintiri as head of the convention committee.

Suspended national chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus seemed the biggest loser as one of his staunch supporter, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi got the plum job of chairing the zoning committee.

With this development, governors have taken over the affairs of the party with the full compliment of the endorsement of NEC.

The NEC meeting was attended by Atiku Abubakar, 13 governors elected on the party’s platform, former PDP governors as well as members of NEC and Board of Trustees of the party.

Earlier in the day, the party inaugurated its national campaign council for Anambra governorship election slated for November 6.

Inaugurating the council, acting national chairman of the PDP, Elder Yemi Akinwonmi, called for togetherness among council members.

“I called on members of the council and Ndi Anambra to close ranks and deliver the state to PDP families.

“The cooperation of all and sundry is expected for the actualisation of PDP dream. I would like to seize this opportunity to appreciate on behalf of the PDP, all the aspirants, who dramatically contested with the candidate. Your spirit of sportsmanship is wonderful.

“I call on you to kindly hold hands together to deliver Anambra to PDP.

“We call on all of us to set aside differences and look at the PDP and Nigeria above any personal consideration. Anambra is winnable for PDP,” Akinwonmi said.

Deputy Chairman of the Council, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, said PDP was set to win Anambra elections.

“We want to reassure the party that we are going to put in our best to ensure that we reconcile everyone,

“We will go into that election as one body and definitely we are going to win that election by the special grace of God.

“We know our people in Anambra are party people. We know also that there have been issues in the past, those issues that divide us.

“We are going to work day and night to ensure that we all step out of our comfort zones and step into the field to talk to the people, and to win back all who have left the party, as much as possible,” Okowa said.

He expressed optimism that there would be no rigging in the elections following the introduction of new technology by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

“I am glad that INEC itself has come out with a new device for the purpose of the Anambra election and it will be tested first in Delta State on Saturday.

“I am told from the information we already have ahead of the election in Delta on Saturday that it would not be possible for anybody to rig elections because there will be no use of incident forms.

“It is either your biometrics, or your facial is captured or else, you will not be allowed to vote.

“So we are definitely going to communicate with the people at the grassroots, and we know that we as a party own the grassroots in Anambra state.”

Okowa assured the party leaders that the council would work with the state campaign council to deliver Anambra state back to the party.

The party’s governorship candidate, Valentine Ozigbo, expressed gratitude to God and the party for counting him worthy to fly the flag of the party.

“I am here to also make a pledge that we will put in everything we have to ensure we regain the lost glory in Anambra state and PDP will take over this year.

“I am also here to make a pledge that not only are we going to win, but we will do our best to ensure not just to deliver dividends of a democracy, but we ensure that we set a standard and governance with Anambra state.

“Anambra people, if you’re listening to me today, your victory is here, your freedom is here, development is on the way.

“I am thankful for the joy that erupted when I was announced as the candidate. The greater joy will erupt on Nov. 6, when I emerged as a good governor of Anambra state,” Ozigbo stressed.
https://www-vanguardngr-com.cdn.ampproject.org/wp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/pdp-governors-take-over-party-as-fintiri-chairs-convention-planning-committee/amp/?usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by NLKing01: 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
FTC. Congratulations to me
mhmsadyq:
The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has appointed Adamawa state governor, Ahmadu Fintiri as chairman of the party’s convention organizing committee.

This is as Oyo state governor, Seyi emerged secretary of the convention planning committee.

The zoning committee would be chaired by Enugu state governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi while Zamfara state deputy governor, Mohammed Mahdi is the secretary of the committee.

Bayelsa state governor, Duoye Diri was appointed deputy chairman of the convention planning committee while his Benue state counterpart, Samuel Ortom is the deputy chairman of the zoning committee.

Addressing newsmen at the end of the party’s 93rd National Executive Committee, NEC meeting Thursday, national publicity of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, said NEC received the report of Senator David Mark-led committee, impaneled to address the lingering court cases against the leadership of the PDP, stressing that the issues would be laid to rest in a matter of days.

READ ALSO: How PDP can regain power in 2023 – Elumelu
Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered that governors were initially opposed to the choice of Fintiri given his closeness to former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.

Atiku who is vying for the Presidential ticket of the party in the 2023 election was the biggest winner as the governors put away their fears to embrace Fintiri as head of the convention committee.

Suspended national chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus seemed the biggest loser as one of his staunch supporter, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi got the plum job of chairing the zoning committee.

With this development, governors have taken over the affairs of the party with the full compliment of the endorsement of NEC.

The NEC meeting was attended by Atiku Abubakar, 13 governors elected on the party’s platform, former PDP governors as well as members of NEC and Board of Trustees of the party.

Earlier in the day, the party inaugurated its national campaign council for Anambra governorship election slated for November 6.

Inaugurating the council, acting national chairman of the PDP, Elder Yemi Akinwonmi, called for togetherness among council members.

“I called on members of the council and Ndi Anambra to close ranks and deliver the state to PDP families.

“The cooperation of all and sundry is expected for the actualisation of PDP dream. I would like to seize this opportunity to appreciate on behalf of the PDP, all the aspirants, who dramatically contested with the candidate. Your spirit of sportsmanship is wonderful.

“I call on you to kindly hold hands together to deliver Anambra to PDP.

“We call on all of us to set aside differences and look at the PDP and Nigeria above any personal consideration. Anambra is winnable for PDP,” Akinwonmi said.

Deputy Chairman of the Council, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, said PDP was set to win Anambra elections.

“We want to reassure the party that we are going to put in our best to ensure that we reconcile everyone,

“We will go into that election as one body and definitely we are going to win that election by the special grace of God.

“We know our people in Anambra are party people. We know also that there have been issues in the past, those issues that divide us.

“We are going to work day and night to ensure that we all step out of our comfort zones and step into the field to talk to the people, and to win back all who have left the party, as much as possible,” Okowa said.

He expressed optimism that there would be no rigging in the elections following the introduction of new technology by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

“I am glad that INEC itself has come out with a new device for the purpose of the Anambra election and it will be tested first in Delta State on Saturday.

“I am told from the information we already have ahead of the election in Delta on Saturday that it would not be possible for anybody to rig elections because there will be no use of incident forms.

“It is either your biometrics, or your facial is captured or else, you will not be allowed to vote.

“So we are definitely going to communicate with the people at the grassroots, and we know that we as a party own the grassroots in Anambra state.”

Okowa assured the party leaders that the council would work with the state campaign council to deliver Anambra state back to the party.

The party’s governorship candidate, Valentine Ozigbo, expressed gratitude to God and the party for counting him worthy to fly the flag of the party.

“I am here to also make a pledge that we will put in everything we have to ensure we regain the lost glory in Anambra state and PDP will take over this year.

“I am also here to make a pledge that not only are we going to win, but we will do our best to ensure not just to deliver dividends of a democracy, but we ensure that we set a standard and governance with Anambra state.

“Anambra people, if you’re listening to me today, your victory is here, your freedom is here, development is on the way.

“I am thankful for the joy that erupted when I was announced as the candidate. The greater joy will erupt on Nov. 6, when I emerged as a good governor of Anambra state,” Ozigbo stressed.

http://vanguardngr.com/
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by ItsTutsi(m): 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Chai!! They gave nyamuri flat.head Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuany chairman of zoning committee, tactically knocking out the potopoto/HIV ravaged region out of the race for presidency, since "no man should be a judge in his own case"

Kai! Walahi PDP shege ne! angry angry cry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by adioolayi(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
I don't ever want to vote PDP again ....abi nkan mi wa'nbé ni?

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by abobote: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
Wicked wike should learn to choose his fight wisely. Fighting everyone around might hurt his future ambition.
Having said that, PDP should maintain Atiku/Obi in 2023, that is a sure winning, even if Tinubu or his walking stick is contesting against them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by PrincessBecks(f): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
I don't like the way politics is being run in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by lonecatt(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Fintiri is atiku's god son ,it is clear pdp will give atiku their presidential ticket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by saintjimos(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Same people with different branding
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Faber(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Atiku VS Wike 2023 loading...

Fulani and The North will dump APC like they dumped PDP in 2015. They best way to retain power in the North for them is to field a lifeless Tinubu and then abandon him and his APC at the Polls.

E go happen life. On the other hand, Ike Ekweremadu will win Enugu gubernatorial Election come 2023. PDP will give another person ticket. Ekweremadu will use another party to win. He will later return to PDP. Atiku will hand over to him or Peter Obi, his former running mate.

If Nigeria survive reach 2023, e no go break again. The next government will be a chop I chop government, money will flow, all man will enjoy.

But as for me and my family...thunder fire every Political office holder in the Zoo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Nahunger(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lol
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Reserved2: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
PrincessBecks:
I don't like the way politics is being run in Nigeria.
Until you becomes politicians yourself
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by eedimo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Their Party their problem.
Na dia choice Candidate me I dey after.
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by ogododo: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Theo51: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Fear Wike...The man brutal for political permutation.
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
H
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by fabianiyobosa(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
No northerner should be allowed to chair PDP or hold any crucial position in any formidable opposition party because they will connive with other northerner in APC to destabilise the party they chair so they can still retain power. Ali Modu Sheriff did it to PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2021
ItsTutsi:
Chai!! They gave nyamuri flat.head Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuany chairman of zoning committee, tactically knocking out the potopoto/HIV ravaged region out of the race for presidency, since "no man should be a judge in his own case"

Kai! Walahi PDP shege ne! angry angry cry

This one na Idiot apart from me , make no other person answer am

6 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by PrincessBecks(f): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
Reserved2:

Until you becomes politicians yourself

Lol, far from it.
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Solsix(m): 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
abobote:
Wicked wike should learn to choose his fight wisely. Fighting everyone around might hurt his future ambition.
Having said that, PDP should maintain Atiku/Obi in 2023, that is a sure winning, even if Tinubu or his walking stick is contesting against them
Nah lie, SE is politically irrelevant no thanks to IPOB

6 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by DSC7: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
Naija go better one day....
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Okhuadams(m): 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Wasky101: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
fabianiyobosa:
No northerner should be allowed to chair PDP or hold any crucial position in any formidable opposition party because they will connive with other northerner in APC to destabilise the party they chair so they can still retain power. Ali Modu Sheriff did it to PDP.
But you want the presidential ticket given to a northerner?ì
You don get covid for brain

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Militant30: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
I don't care who emerge as PDP candidate all I care about is that APC should be flush down the toilet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by Ibkhaleel01: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Take Over Party As Fintiri Chairs Convention Planning Committee by AgentGoat: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
fabianiyobosa:

Wike and fayose brought sheriff. Wike ousted him and imposed secondus. When will you people be objective enough?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

SDP Collapses North-East Structure, Endorses Atiku, Fintiri / Ajaka Supporters Protest At APC Secretariat, Demand For Fresh Primary Election / Payment Of Subsidy Won’t Stop Fuel Scarcity – NUPENG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.