Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Road Trip To Tanzania By December - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Tanzania By December (4939 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Travel To Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
HI travel buddies,

am thinking of a suicide mission of driving round Africa starting from my birthday December 6. Plan is to go through pH to uyo to calabar to Cameroon and all to Tanzania. Has anyone ever embarked on this kinda journey? I suppose my Nigerian passport covers all this talking of customs in the other country borders and all. Have so prepared for this trip so no going back. I just need tips I need to be ware of and of course if there is any travel buddy ready to try this out. Plan is to visit all wildlife's as much as I can touch from December 6 to 20. In preparation for the trip, have started processing a generally acceptable drivers license in all African countries and that should be out next week, I also plan embarking on a trip to Cameroon border this Tuesday from Lagos just to know what am up against in preparation for December 6. Suggestions, lessons and ideas are welcome.

And cars to select from are as follow. A 2009 upgraded to 2013 C300

A Lexus Rx330 2007

A 2010 Toyota corolla (sport)

A muscle Camry 2010 sport

Audi A2 2002

Audi A4 2007. Suggestions etc are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by dawnomike(m): 12:18am On Sep 10, 2021
I wish you all the best in your proposed adventure...
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Fireson: 12:28am On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

am thinking of a suicide mission of driving round Africa starting from my birthday December 6. Plan is to go through pH to uyo to calabar to Cameroon and all to Tanzania. Has anyone ever embarked on this kinda journey? I suppose my Nigerian passport covers all this talking of customs in the other country borders and all. Have so prepared for this trip so no going back. I just need tips I need to be ware of and of course if there is any travel buddy ready to try this out. Plan is to visit all wildlife's as much as I can touch from December 6 to 20. In preparation for the trip, have started processing a generally acceptable drivers license in all African countries and that should be out next week, I also plan embarking on a trip to Cameroon border this Tuesday from Lagos just to know what am up against in preparation for December 6. Suggestions, lessons and ideas are welcome.

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

I'd like to go with you as a travel buddy .
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:30am On Sep 10, 2021
if i had the ability to do so i would also plan such African adventure..... i wish you all the fun/best in that great plan but IMHO only one of the below expedition vehicle would do:

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 12:33am On Sep 10, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
if i had the ability to do so i would also plan such African adventure..... i wish you all the fun/best in that great plan but IMHO only one of the below expedition vehicle would do:

If God blesses me before December am anticipating getting an old 4runner and turning it to a complete offroad for the purpose of the parade

Somethimg like the below. I will just check jiji for any and do the upgrade with tyres and engine myself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 12:34am On Sep 10, 2021
Fireson:

I'd like to go with you as a travel buddy .

Nice signature. Are you a deeper life member or apostolic faith?

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by TarOrfeeek: 12:43am On Sep 10, 2021
Rich people in Nigeria always have this faux Western culture appropriateness.

It's obviously because you eat a decent meal, have a lot of spare cash to burn.

Because by December 6, I'm thinking about my house rent of almost 1.5 million per year.

Which time will I use to explore Ikeja GRA, talk more of Ghana.

All the best in your chosen endeavour.

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 12:53am On Sep 10, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Because by December 6, I'm thinking about my house rent of almost 1.5 million per year.

I use to have this mentality bro, as a fact, am A very busy person but I just don't wanna live life on the definition of an average man. Pay bills, go to work eat sleep make kids and die. And if I wait till I can count a lot of millions in my account before I do the things I see as fun, I might as well go to grave first. No long story, its not going to be an expensive one. But am sure I will come back with a sense of fulfilment that even if I die at the nozzle of the rifle a day after I will go to my creator with a big grin. I hope you get.

22 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by omoiyamayor(m): 3:15am On Sep 10, 2021
Prado or 4Runner can do it

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:45am On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:
I use to have this mentality bro, as a fact, am A very busy person but I just don't wanna live life on the definition of an average man. Pay bills, go to work eat sleep make kids and die. And if I wait till I can count a lot of millions in my account before I do the things I see as fun, I might as well go to grave first. No long story, its not going to be an expensive one. But am sure I will come back with a sense of fulfilment that even if I die at the nozzle of the rifle a day after I will go to my creator with a big grin. I hope you get.

[img]https://c./Cn6yJ4YTMJgAAAAC/good-job-clapping.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 10, 2021
You go die for nothing
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Chiefholloway: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2021
See who is throw stone in a market place

You are here trying to make the man look like a spoilt kid where as you are living in a N1. 5m house. That is some people's 12 year rent. If you lived in a 100k rent and saved N1m, you could afford to own your own home in 5-7 years.... Then enjoy the rest of your life.

Maybe you should re-adjust. Live a comfortable life. See the world and not toil and living above your means till you die.

This is the truth and e go pain you. It's sugar free
TarOrfeeek:

20 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Simeonjoe1: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2021
Op share every picture of the trip. Make I use mind follow you. If you can use a drone too to show aerial pictures of cities, landscapes, water bodies and others.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by cj4humanity: 8:27am On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:

Definitely Deeper life
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by cj4humanity: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

I will definitely do this before I meet my creator. Please make a documentary about your adventures and build something out of it
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by lizy8448: 8:35am On Sep 10, 2021
Rx330 will be nice for the trips
If its not going to cost much i will like to be part of it
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by id4sho(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2021
Get Toyota Hilux 4cyl 2TR-FE with 4wd option cool

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Gerrard59(m): 10:56am On Sep 10, 2021
I have followed you already.

Don't disappoint us, biko.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Chiefholloway:
See who is throw stone in a market place

You are here trying to make the man look like a spoilt kid where as you are living in a N1. 5m house. That is some people's 12 year rent. If you lived in a 100k rent and saved N1m, you could afford to own your own home in 5-7 years.... Then enjoy the rest of your life.

Maybe you should re-adjust. Live a comfortable life. See the world and not toil and living above your means till you die.

This is the truth and e go pain you. It's sugar free

Abi. If na 100k house now e for no get those headache

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
lizy8448:
Rx330 will be nice for the trips
If its not going to cost much i will like to be part of it

I suppose selous game reserve and Serengeti will be where the cost will incur from. I have my gas and vehicle covered. I started working on a driver license that can enter any country in Africa and few abroad. I suppose the hotel accommodation which I don't plan cos I won't mind staying I'm those villages and enjoying the culture for the 14 days adventure.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
id4sho:
Get Toyota Hilux 4cyl 2TR-FE with 4wd option cool

The Lexus is a 4wd but am checking jiji for a naija used 4runner I can modify. Have seen few for a descent price na inspection and purchase remain tomorrow
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
omoiyamayor:
Prado or 4Runner can do it

If only the Lexus is manual
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by ogatboy(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

We don't care about your problems. May God provide for you

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Fireson: 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:

Thank you sir . Was born and raised in Deeper life Bible Church.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
Update.

I decided not to use any of the above cars, so I went on jiji to search for a rugged old piece of bliss and I saw a 1978 or so 4 runner. Red, manual gear with auxiliary and many more. I spoke to the vendor via WhatsApp and he said 1.350m last. As bit on the high side though considering the fact I will still mod it up talking of tyres suspension etc. I will go check the Car tomorrow and possibly I might pay for it since its in Akure.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Chrisokeke05(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nice one. I am interested to join you in the travel. May I know if you have a room for someone to join you? If yes, can you tell me what are the implications and what u require. You can reach me via my email: chrisokeke05@gmail.com. I anticipate your reply. Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Chrisokeke05:
Nice one. I am interested to join you in the travel. May I know if you have a room for someone to join you? If yes, can you tell me what are the implications and what u require. You can reach me via my email: chrisokeke05@gmail.com. I anticipate your reply. Thanks Boss

Ingot my gas bills covered. As long as you have a passport and perhaps international driver license there might be a room for one. And cost implication going to selous, Serengeti and many other stop over for you will be on you.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Plut01: 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2021

What camera are you taking along And I hope you have highlighted the terrorist red zone on your map.When you get to Tanzi, kindly rappo with the locals well as Some of them do keep precious stone at home....Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Plut01:

What camera are you taking along And I hope you have highlighted the terrorist red zone on your map.When you get to Tanzi, kindly rappo with the locals well as Some of them do keep precious stone at home....Goodluck.

Yeah normally I should pass katsina to chad WTC. But I will pass pH to uyo to calabar straight to Cameroon in other to avoid the northeast. Camera? Well camera phone suppose do.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Plut01: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:

Yeah normally I should pass katsina to chad WTC. But I will pass pH to uyo to calabar straight to Cameroon in other to avoid the northeast. Camera? Well camera phone suppose do.

Which means you'd be passing through Congo. You need to plan that properly. From the first border to the other border bordering Tanzania or Uganda (as the case may be), you will need a lotta of manipulation through the Nigerian/Anglophone hating people of Congo. When you pass the border try not to tell thr locals you're from Nigeria, they hate Nigerians or any other English speakers.

And it seems you will also be passing through CAR? Hmmnn.

Real camera does this type of Job better than phone camera. All the same, we Nairalanders wish you well.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Plut01:

Which means you'd be passing through Congo. You need to plan that properly. From the first border to the other border bordering Tanzania or Uganda (as the case may be), you will need a lotta of manipulation through the Nigerian/Anglophone hating people of Congo. When you pass the border try not to tell thr locals you're from Nigeria, they hate Nigerians or any other English speakers.

And it seems you will also be passing through CAR? Hmmnn.

Real camera does this type of Job better than phone camera. All the same, we Nairalanders wish you well.

You seem to be conversant with the route. I read a out the anglophone and francophone issues especially Cameroon and yeah I will pass through CAR from the map study. Am also taking a course to resharpen my French skills.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Emigration Solved Our Problem? / What Is The Best Way To Get To Ekiti From Abuja / Moving To Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.