Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians (27815 Views)

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine / NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Angrygoat: 8:40am On Sep 10, 2021
Has it gotten to this stage,nafdac should be scrapped then. I am trying nd putting in efforts to go abroad,either Turkey or Norway.by 2023 life would be totally unbearable
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by houseontherock: 8:40am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..
Make una do well catch culprits, and stop clout chasing to remain relevant.

Don't be surprised if people start using another dangerous chemical to whiten their red oil since NAFDAC says the very red ones are bad grin

BTW, they should do well to tell us how to know the safe red oil because for all you care, they may even be cooking with dangerous one in their own houses without knowing- since they all look alike!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by bukatyne(f): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2021
The citizens are just as bad as her leaders.

Everyone trying to cut corners to make profit.

We would soon return to everyone growing their own food.

Don't buy efo, it made fresh with chemicals; Beans is preserved with sniper; red oil is mixed with dye; fruits are forced to ripen/ rinsed with gutter water; meat is boiled with paracetamol; etc.

It is well o.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by bukatyne(f): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..

This grassroot farmers needs educational and financial help, and support from the government, but the funds are being embezzled.

This has nothing to do with poverty but wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2021
God Almighty Continue To Help Us
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by phemmie06(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2021
Chai! Me think say red oil na red ó. God have mercy. Okomu oil where are thou
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Donaluta(m): 8:46am On Sep 10, 2021
Oracleforce:
Trust our Nyamiri people....they sell all kinds of red oil for us in the country...

Ill-gotten wealth

You see this stupid lie.. don't say it outside again....northerners naim dey use colour for oil ... Cuz them no get am.. it's a common phenomenon

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by poiZon: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..

This grassroot farmers needs educational and financial help, and support from the government, but the funds are being embezzled.
Not grassroot farmers, once palmoil leaves the east, and akwaibom to North, consider such oil tampered.
Even for calabar here, almost all the palmoil mumsie bought no make sense at all.
Na for my belove akwaibom i dey buy fresh palmoil. Port harcourt na the worse...
All the palmoik sold there have been adulterated.
Nafdac na one of the dead abi ghost agencies in Nigeria now.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by izubext007: 8:50am On Sep 10, 2021
Oooooh, NAFDAC still exist.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2021
NAFDAC do your job (REGULATION). go to the STREETS and LOCAL MARKET places and do your job.

Warning us to beware and cautious is not enough.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by kay29000(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
I suspect Ororo’s producers behind this trash news..

Because say people dey chop palm oil pass Ororo..

No weapon fashion against Palm oil shall prosper..

LMAO
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by naijaclass(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2021
I don’t understand, are all palm oil not reddish in color
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by AfroAgroPower: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..

You are very Right.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2021
Some red oil are not real oil angry its plenty in the market but it is hard to know sha
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by AfroAgroPower: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2021
JackWolfskin:
Colour is a stupid characteristic to base choice on.

The sweetest palm oil (pressed quickly after harvest and before fermentation) is as reddish as they cum [sic].
It has a great scent and eaten fresh with hot yam and goat peppersoup will reset any marital beef.

Treat the problem, not it's symptoms
on point.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Elisean(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..

Which grassroot farmers do you know that have applied for an agricultural grant or loan that is yet to receive?
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by omoadeleye(m): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..

Oga.. beware of REDDISH palmoil

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by newdawn2017(f): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2021
Dannyozs:
Quality control is a complete joke in this mistake of a Country! Can anything ever work well with how BAD every sector is?

Can anything ever get better? Are we going to keep singing the same song 100 years from now?

Why is it that Europeans, Asians and Americans are moving forward consistently whereas Africans are the complete opposite?

Hmm!!
I am leaving, Nigeria is d hell talked about.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by okaforlazarus90(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2021
Doubleoh7:
Nigerians are their own worst enemy,not government.
Sad but so so true.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by ComeToJesus: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2021
Pavicx:
All red oil is red nah..

As usual, Nigerians will miss the message and attack the messenger.

A classic case of an ill-informed generation.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Preciousppearl(f): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
Some red oil are not real oil angry its plenty in the market but it is hard to know sha
it's actually easy to identify,if u ain't allowed to taste it, with the smell you can identify, only few can know with the color..I get oil from my village or I buy okomu.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Donedeal1(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2021
Dora Akiyuli, for don dey parade culprit
After totally destroyed the harmful products
Just to get some shocking treatment for the bad eggs.
Now red oil is bad, groundnut oil is adultrated,meats treated with formalin or Azo"rock" dye, please save the nation make some arrests, you will be surprised that most traders are not happy about it,why you are employed.?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by codemaniacs: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2021
Doubleoh7:
Nigerians are their own worst enemy,not government.

your comment is very wrong..

It is the government's job to regulate and investigate products that make it into any market in Nigeria.. If the government does their job then the products won't make into the markets..
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Doubleoh7: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2021
codemaniacs:

your comment is very wrong..

It is the government's job to regulate and investigate products that make it into any market in Nigeria.. If the government does their job then the products won't make into the markets..
The government will not instill compassion in you. The government will not teach you to respect and treat your neighbour right. The government will not teach you to love your neighbour as yourself. 99.9% of the problems we face as a people (including the government's high handedness, corruption and all others) are as a result of our acute deficiency in the right human morals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by hayzed1090: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2021
okaforlazarus90:

Sad but so so true.

What is true in that statement?
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by codemaniacs: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2021
Doubleoh7:

The government will not instill compassion in you. The government will not teach you to respect and treat your neighbour right. The government will not teach you to love your neighbour as yourself. 99.9% of the problems we face as a people (including the government's high handedness, corruption and all others) are as a result of our acute deficiency in the right human morals.

You forgot to add that the government will not find the business..

That's why there's something called "quality control"..

The government is meant to carry out tests on each product and not hope that people do the right thing.. that's why there's police ..
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2021
grin
GeneralPula:
I suspect Ororo’s producers behind this trash news..

Because say people dey chop palm oil pass Ororo..

No weapon fashion against Palm oil shall prosper..
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by moneyissweet(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2021
Buy Palm fruit and do your thing by yourself.

Nigerians no get joy again, everywhere don cast finish

Missionaire:
So how do we differentiate or we should stop consuming palm oil?

Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by codemaniacs: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2021
Doubleoh7:

its the job of the government to test products and certify them for public consumption that's one of the reasons people and companies pay taxes..

the government is not meant to relax and hope people do the right thing, the government is meant to regulate people and companies towards doing the right thing..

it has nothing to do with human moral because there is no such thing as human morals.. it is morally right to some people to have under-age sex while it is morally wrong to others, its morally right to some people to kill people that don't share the same religion as them, it is morally to some people to worship elephants e.t.c.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Doubleoh7: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2021
codemaniacs:

You forgot to add that the government will not find the business..

That's why there's something called "quality control"..

The government is meant to carry out tests on each product and not hope that people do the right thing.. that's why there's police ..
There is a huge distance between lowering standards / quality and "killing". If I as a palm oil seller adds too much water to my merchandise because I want to make more money, that is what QC will take care of, but when I add a killer chemical to it to achieve more gains, that is murderous. And it is not ignorance because most of those devilish people that do this knows the effect of what they are doing and will indeed make sure none of their family members uses their products. It boils down to what I was alluding to, our values have been so eroded that once you can make the cash, it doesn't matter how or what you do to make it.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by codemaniacs: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2021
Doubleoh7:

There is a huge distance between lowering standards / quality and "killing". If I as a palm oil seller adds too much water to my merchandise because I want to make more money, that is what QC will take care of, but when I add a killer chemical to it to achieve more gains, that is murderous. And it is not ignorance because most of those devilish people that do this knows the effect of what they are doing and will indeed make sure none of their family members uses their products. It boils down to what I was alluding to, our values have been so eroded that once you can make the cash, it doesn't matter how or what you do to make it.

It has nothing to do with values..

when someone adds " killer chemical " to their products then that's a criminal offense that the food and security agencies of government are meant to investigate and prosecute.

They are not devilish people. They are criminals the government is meant to prosecute.
Re: Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians by Krismas(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2021
saddler:
cool cool

Stupid NAFDAC

The normal palm oil is red.

The one mixed with Azo dye is red.

Why not device a method to check a palm oil that has been mixed?

Must we wait for the west to solve our localized problems all the time?

coolI tell u, NAFDAC is USELESS. Just go about making SPEECHES! Nowadays I use Palm-oil with much prayer and fasting. Cos its increasingly UNSAFE to do so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily / Man Saw Beans Inside Fish Pie He Bought (Photos) / I Was Saved (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.