Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record (25643 Views)

Osimhen Equals Weah, Eto’o, Salah’s Serie A Goals Record / Messi Breaks Pele's One-club Scoring Record As He Nets 644th Goal For Barcelona / Ighalo Equals Lukaku's Manchester United Goals Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by IbileIfe: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:
We really don't care !
We only know one person when it comes to international goals in the footballing world,and that's all we care about .
Don't mind the ignoramuses of the short man
CR7 has scored more international goals for Portugal than Messi for his country.
Short men always trying to walk tall.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105681687:

Did you see anything abt pele here in my post ? Ok from the rest of ur words i can tell you're still a kid so peace out.

@kingcalls,

You see why this guy is a joke of a person ?

He saw nothing wrong celebrating Messi's international goals against that of Pele despite the huge difference in their international caps ,but saw everything wrong in comparing and celebrating Ronaldo international goal hauls to that of Messi because of the difference in international caps cheesy.

97 appearances compared to 153 is okay to compare ,but 180 international appearances to 153 is wrong to compare cheesy .

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by maxwell530(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
goodheart02:

You're not ashamed to talk rubbish or u don't know how to read. They said he only broke Pele's record but he isn't yet the South American highest goal scorer because there are people who have scored more than Pele in South American continent.

The CR7 u talk about is the highest goal scorer both in Europe and the world international level. Well, i don't blame u, but i blame the Messi fan boy who put up this irrelevant news.
who's South America highest goal scorer?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by TundeEdnut35(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
anochuko01:
Wow! So Neymar is already 34?! Phuking hell!!
read well Messi is 34 not neymar
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Okhuadams(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
damilola4162:

https://newspremises.com.ng/lionel-messi-breaks-peles-goals-record
Ronaldo don't break record again he has gone beyond that, he has left it for mess mess and co

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

When they say u guys are senseless...it wud b like an insult.... messi despite playing lesser games has played more penalties that Ronaldo for country ... Ronaldo has 97 non penalty goals ...messi has 51 non penalty goals

I tried as much not to insult anyone but you no well.. at all. I said penalty stats (I never mentioned international and yet here you are ranting abt international penalties) go back to my previous post and read again or check the total penalties both players have had both club and country.

Goal ratio
Assist
Trophies
Award

Messi is better than Ronaldo in every aspect. Don't quote me again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by perdollar(m): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
Always a local goat. The international GOAT is overall world wide. Team 111
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Kingcalls: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:

@kingcalls,

You see why this guy is a joke of a person ?

He saw nothing wrong celebrating Messi's international goals against that of Pele despite the huge difference in their international caps ,but saw everything wrong in comparing and celebrating Ronaldo international goal hauls to that of Messi because of the difference in international caps cheesy.

97 appearances compared to 153 is okay to compare ,but 180 international appearances to 153 is wrong to compare cheesy .

Messi fans for u.... they are never critical thinkers and are heavy hypocrites
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by ThierryJay: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:

grin grin grin When you are dealing with nitwits who cannot read. Pls ask the Imbe who is the highest men's scorer in South American history currently and watch her go fem.

So much dumbne55 expressed with confidence. Where do these guys come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by DimIsaac10(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
The quality of his goals last night will never be captured by dry statistics. There is a reason why no men's player in south America could score more than 77 goals before LM did it last night.
Those trying to belittle teams like Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, and Venezuela do it for non-footballing reasons. Excepting Venezuela, the aforementioned teams have all featured in the WCs. In terms of footballing history, these teams have been competitive since the early 20th century. So any comparison with Lithuania, Andorra, Armenia, Malta, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, Estonia, etc. is plain silly. These countries have never qualified for the WC or Euros (despite more slots being reserved for Europe) and they do not have footballing histories like the south American countries mentioned above. Heck, top African teams can destroy these European teams.
Most importantly, a player that practically plays as an extra AM scoring this many goals is unprecedented. Only Maradona comes close.
Congrats Leo. The GOAT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by OJEEMAH(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

grin grin grin When you are dealing with nitwits who cannot read. Pls ask the Imbe who is the highest men's scorer in South American history currently and watch her go fem.

So much dumbne55 expressed with confidence. Where do these guys come from?
No point schooling anybody........we will continue to counter them with facts.

How far nah??
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by ThierryJay: 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:
No point schooling anybody........we will continue to counter them with facts.

How far nah??

I'm cool bro and looking forward to relaxing this weekend. Though not happy that GOAT wouldn't play for PSG tomorrow cos he'll arrive from national duties too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by OJEEMAH(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

I'm cool bro and looking forward to relaxing this weekend. Though not happy that GOAT wouldn't play for PSG tomorrow cos he'll arrive from national duties too late.
Nice one bro. After a busy week, man must relax........oh dats true, he won't be available for tomorrow. Na mid-week we go watch am be DAT.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by PhenomenalAustin: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
GOAT!

Like for Messi, share for CR7

Can I like this post twice? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by lkillbrokehoes: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
PhenomenalAustin:

Can I like this post twice? cheesy
You are free, boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘I Am Proud Real Madrid Fans Want Me’- Jose Mourinho / First Coutinho, Now Wijnaldum - Leaving Liverpool Has Become A Dangerous Move / Nigerian Girl Is Her School Student Assistant Women's Basketball Coach In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.