Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? (22162 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Mrnairalandd: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
@Op, your mum is just being silly and manipulative.

From personal experience, don’t mind your mum, she just want to control you.

At 27 or 29, you are still begging mummy to forgive you for taking a positive decision to ask for help when you needed one.

Chai!!! Africans are truly cursed!!!

I can put it to you that your mum is very manipulative.

Sadly you are seeking advice from those who are under the same spell of their mothers. What do you expect them to tell you, they ll tell you to go and beg her.

I can see problem in future when you get married or about to marry if you don’t call her bluff now. Don’t give f about her rant, stand your ground as an adult and you ll save yourself and future wife a whole lot of headaches.
op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by LegitLexLuthor(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
You're a kid and your mom is a primadonna. At 28 you're still a Mama's boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by LegitLexLuthor(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Omo e fit be spiritual battle between the man and your mum. ...by collecting money from the man, the man dey win 1-0 against ur mom. Probably she saw the scoreboard reason she called you undecided
you're a fool this man ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by macho44(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:
Good morning N'landers, I will make this post as brief and concise as possible.

Some months ago while I was home on break from school, I visited one of my in-laws that owns a school to introduce a software to him for his school. The man complained that I was too distant from him, citing how I never call him or ask him for favours whenever I'm in school. I told him I will reach out to him more often.

I told my mom about my visit and she told me without mincing words to resist collecting money from the man. My mom is the religious type and has been skeptical about the man's source of wealth.

When school resumed things were difficult at home and I couldn't resume school. I spent close to three months after resumption at home due to lack of funds.
Note that since my admission from my first year to my final year, I've never asked any relative for help no received any help from anyone aside my immediate family.

I lost my resolve not to ask for help when my project supervisor called me and scolded me over the phone for my inability to resume school. I sent the man a text soliciting for help, he sent me 5k which I added to the little I had and resumed school. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she won't be happy about it.

In school things were so hard for me, during a particular period I went almost one week living on just water, that period I'm sure I would eaten food sacrificed to a deity if I had access to one. I called the man again and he reluctantly sent me 4k after many calls and text messages.

This early morning I got a phone call from my mom, she was crying over the phone. She was hurt and said I betrayed her because I went behind her back to collected money from a man she told me to avoid. She said that singular act of mine has destroyed all her efforts and prayers to break us free from bondage. I tired to explain that the money wasnt a physical cash hence it has no effect on me but to no avail. She said I've broken her for life and she would never forgive me.

I have a very close relationship with my mom and everything she told me really hurt me and I'm confused on the action to take. I am 28 but I hardly hide anything from her, I didn't tell her about the money because I know she wouldn't approve of it and I needed it. This is the first time any relative has contributed to my education ever. I don't even know how she got to know.

Please how do I pacify her and get her to forgive me? I really love my mom and can't bear to see her this heartbroken.
Africans & Religion, just like Buhari & Nnamdi Kanu
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by malcom1X: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:
Good morning N'landers, I will make this post as brief and concise as possible.

Some months ago while I was home on break from school, I visited one of my in-laws that owns a school to introduce a software to him for his school. The man complained that I was too distant from him, citing how I never call him or ask him for favours whenever I'm in school. I told him I will reach out to him more often.

I told my mom about my visit and she told me without mincing words to resist collecting money from the man. My mom is the religious type and has been skeptical about the man's source of wealth.

When school resumed things were difficult at home and I couldn't resume school. I spent close to three months after resumption at home due to lack of funds.
Note that since my admission from my first year to my final year, I've never asked any relative for help no received any help from anyone aside my immediate family.

I lost my resolve not to ask for help when my project supervisor called me and scolded me over the phone for my inability to resume school. I sent the man a text soliciting for help, he sent me 5k which I added to the little I had and resumed school. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she won't be happy about it.

In school things were so hard for me, during a particular period I went almost one week living on just water, that period I'm sure I would eaten food sacrificed to a deity if I had access to one. I called the man again and he reluctantly sent me 4k after many calls and text messages.

This early morning I got a phone call from my mom, she was crying over the phone. She was hurt and said I betrayed her because I went behind her back to collected money from a man she told me to avoid. She said that singular act of mine has destroyed all her efforts and prayers to break us free from bondage. I tired to explain that the money wasnt a physical cash hence it has no effect on me but to no avail. She said I've broken her for life and she would never forgive me.

I have a very close relationship with my mom and everything she told me really hurt me and I'm confused on the action to take. I am 28 but I hardly hide anything from her, I didn't tell her about the money because I know she wouldn't approve of it and I needed it. This is the first time any relative has contributed to my education ever. I don't even know how she got to know.

Please how do I pacify her and get her to forgive me? I really love my mom and can't bear to see her this heartbroken.

That uncle you collected money from is your real father, tell your Mum it's time to tell you the truth.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
tonididdy:
@OP you asked for advice, so in any form you get it, please do not take it personal.

@28 you are still an undergraduate, an undergraduate without a means of income @28.

Sadly your mom, she couldn't provide for you, yet angry you got help from a family member who gave a meagre 9k after prolly 3 months ( is this the same man your mom is worried bout his source of wealth undecided)

Conclusively you need to take the bull by the horn and do nor mask under the guise of being a student, so much so you cannot feed a whole week without begging for alms at 28.

.... we never even talk jobs, house, wife, kids.... @28.
I have nothing else to say.

You went personal and then ask him not to take it personally grin

You're right though you have nothing meaningful to say so lipsrsealed
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zoharariel:

Hahahaaaaa! I swear, as I dey read your comment, I just dey laugh & shout on my bed alone. grin grin grin

Meeehn! Make I no talk wetin dey my mind, make our Christian brothers & sisters no come eat me for breakfast, lunch & dinner. grin

Most people who embark on a quest for solutions to their “non existent” or “phantom” problems usually end up jumping out from the frying pan into the fire.

The solution we “ALL” seek outside, lives inside us.

I swear I read that comment you mentioned with my mouth wide open and in shock.

1 Share

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
usagee36:
Have you graduated?
I'm graduating this month's end by Gods grace

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by alfajohn: 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
I feel your pain. Are you still in school if yes PM me let me assist you with my widow’s mite
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
sixcargo:
I wouldn't blame you na poverty cause am. What's your course of study and will you pass out?
Statistics/Computer Science(bsc ed),
I am passing out on the 27th of this month.
I am also learning web development too, though not a expert yet

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
tonididdy:
@OP you asked for advice, so in any form you get it, please do not take it personal.

@28 you are still an undergraduate, an undergraduate without a means of income @28.

Sadly your mom, she couldn't provide for you, yet angry you got help from a family member who gave a meagre 9k after prolly 3 months ( is this the same man your mom is worried bout his source of wealth undecided)

Conclusively you need to take the bull by the horn and do nor mask under the guise of being a student, so much so you cannot feed a whole week without begging for alms at 28.

That's not the reason for this post, I'm doing my best as regards to my financial difficulties I'm not just sleeping waiting for money to fall from the sky, maybe your own beans done when you dey 18, one day my own go done. My struggles are different from others so don't compare their successes to mine...I might beg for alms now but it definitely won't continue like this forever. Thanks for your honest input.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by mariahAngel(f): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Statistics/Computer Science(bsc ed),
I am passing out on the 27th of this month.
I am also learning web development too, though not a expert yet

You did it.

Congratulations.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by mariahAngel(f): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
tonididdy:

Your mindset is so immature.
The bolded is just.. undecided
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by tonididdy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

Your mindset is so immature.
The bolded is just.. undecided

He asked for advice, however he got it doesn't matter.
I am not immature.
The truth is bitter daz'al
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by tonididdy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

That's not the reason for this post, I'm doing my best as regards to my financial difficulties I'm not just sleeping waiting for money to fall from the sky, maybe your own beans done when you dey 18, one day my own go done. My struggles are different from others so don't compare their successes to mine...I might beg for alms now but it definitely won't continue like this forever. Thanks for your honest input.

In glad you have the hustler spirit but be time conscious.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by snoopz: 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Person mother na person mother
You have to beg her and let her understand your side of the story...
Make sure she forgive you or else ur wahala just started

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Scamburster(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
yomi007k:
Fantabulous....

This must be some African magic stuff.

You self no try. If things are hard for you then you should have called your mum.

If she don't want any help from outsiders then I guess it's becos she believes she is capable.

You need to ask her the way forward.
Buy her benz
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by BRATISLAVA: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

I share your sentiment reason I collected the money because I don't see how someone can alter my destiny with money I withdrew from the ATM, I never knew she would react this way. I'm just concerned about her feelings

You're a good son. Ask her to explain to you why she didn't want you collecting money from the man? Explain why you did, respectfully. It's not worth losing your bond.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by usagee36: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Okay. You have to beg your mom and ask her if returning the money will make her happy.
Do you need help with anything? Where in Nigeria are you located?
Supreme145:

I'm graduating this month's end by Gods grace
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by dahme147(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
My own candid advise,,,call ur Uncle and rubbish him on d fone and try to send the 9k back...How on earth did ur mum get to know he sent u lil change like that...The guy sucks
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by emmyN(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Thank you....I will keep begging her, because all my struggle is to put smiles on her face. I just hope she forgives me.

Mummy's boy. At 28 you can't think for yourself, inheriting enemies that are not yours angry
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by emmyN(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
frozen70:

My dear, it was because you were stranded, that made you to seek for help outside

Summon courage go home, meet her, just the two of you alone, let her hear from you and let her know that it's not physical cash but transfer

That you needed that help that time and this is the first time you are doing such

Assure her that you remain her son who loves her mother any thing in the whole world and she means you living and happiness

That since she reacted on that money issue, you have never been yourself

That she should forgive so that both of you will continue the good relationship that you ha e with each other

If she refuses, report to your siblings and start crying

That tears alone will move her

After this avoid anything that will trigger her emotions

Some women are very sensitive

Come, how old are you? You should desist from giving further advice on nairaland before I ban you, wtf. A 28 years old man should start crying with tears and catarrh to pacify his mom? I go slap you o angry
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
usagee36:
Okay. You have to beg your mom and ask her if returning the money will make her happy.
Do you need help with anything? Where in Nigeria are you located?
I sent you a pm sir
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

You did it.

Congratulations.
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Sunnydays: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Report yourself to anyone she respects. Probably her pastor or priest and let them pray with both of you. Apologise again very sincerely. She'll get over it eventually
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by frozen70(f): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
emmyN:

Come, how old are you? You should desist from giving further advice on nairaland before I ban you, wtf. A 28 years old man should start crying with tears and catarrh to pacify his mom? I go slap you o angry

You don't have to be a nuisance all the time, at times hide yourself
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by rickleye: 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
hmm - You need to have a sit with your mum and inquire exactly what the Issue is.
If it is about the source of money - then plead the blood on the money and use it. Doesn't Paul say something about eating food set aside for idols. Is God printing money in Heaven ? No - Money is this world's currency - we do not know the source of any money, if it has been used to snot coke or from kidnappers, so mummy should chill.
You never asked to be brought into this world.. she did ,now you have not mentioned your dad but until you have come of age, she's has to take care of you.
So far, I have calculated N9,000 that the uncle gave you " reluctantly" . You will certainly need more to complete your studies, how is mummy going to cover that. So sit down with her face to face and outline your budget and inform her you did it out of need not want.

If you send me your report, I'll donate N5k to your studies.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by emmyN(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
frozen70:

You don't have to be a nuisance all the time, at times hide yourself

You should take your own advice, because to be honest, what you typed earlier reeked of stupidity, still do. Take the stench away, will you? angry
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Yaks02(m): 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

My dear if its about working to be self reliant, forget that one, there's no kind of legitimate hustle I don't involve myself in to survive, I take care of over 80% of my school expenses. Things been just choke for me.

This was exactly what was happening to me, I kuku dropped out.... I'm planning to go for part time sha
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by mariahAngel(f): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Thank you.... I will keep begging her, because all my struggle is to put smiles on her face. I just hope she forgives me.

Let her be. After a while, she’ll come around.
You’re her son.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by AutoChick4U(f): 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

She knows my struggles but she didn't have, I only called the man because I had exhausted other options
Mr man you are the actor of your story. Your mom reminds me of mine, parents like that unknowingly drag their kids backwards in their religious ignorance. Be careful of things you accept to your consciousness.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by AutoChick4U(f): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

I sent you a pm sir
Better man up or you'll find yourself stuck with your mom and trust me she go frustrate your life if u unable to get a job after school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Without Bride Price / Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.