Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter (13918 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / How To Know When Car Tyres Need Replacing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Do you currently observe that the fuel efficiency of your car suddenly starts going down and your car recently started guzzling Fuel?

My Guess is that You probably have got a faulty or missing catalytic converter...

We are here to help you install Brand New catalytic converter proven to last a long period of time...

Check my signature on how you can contact us...

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by ibtommy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
SublimeAutos1:
Do you currently observe that the fuel efficiency of your car suddenly starts going down and your car recently started guzzling Fuel?

My Guess is that You probably have got a faulty or missing catalytic converter...

We are here to help you install Brand New catalytic converter proven to last a long period of time...

Check my signature on how you can contact us...

How.much for Camry 1999-2001?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
ibtommy:

How.much for Camry 1999-2001?

Do you want to replace the complete pot or a particular one?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by ibtommy(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

Do you want to replace the complete pot or a particular one?

I don't quite have a sound understanding about it, but all I know is that one panel beater removed my own around the engine area and replaced it with meshes.
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by bluediesel03: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Location please
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by CaptainAyub: 12:18am On Sep 11, 2021
How much to replace stolen catalysts in a 09 c class?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:49am On Sep 11, 2021
ibtommy:

I don't quite have a sound understanding about it, but all I know is that one panel beater removed my own around the engine area and replaced it with meshes.

The earlier that mesh is removed, the Better. The reason is that it starts sending in unpleasant particles into your engine and cylinders and that might in no time cause problems there.

If you check my previous threads, you would see one of the jobs we did where we had to remove same mesh put in there...

If you need me to help you with it, you could pick my contact on my signature and call or chat with me...

Best Regards...
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:49am On Sep 11, 2021
bluediesel03:
Location please

My Location is Lagos State Sir
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:50am On Sep 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:
How much to replace stolen catalysts in a 09 c class?

Was it the Catalyst from all the pots that was stolen or selected ones?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by ibtommy(m): 5:33am On Sep 11, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

The earlier that mesh is removed, the Better. The reason is that it starts sending in unpleasant particles into your engine and cylinders and that might in no time cause problems there.

If you check my previous threads, you would see one of the jobs we did where we had to remove same mesh put in there...

If you need me to help you with it, you could pick my contact on my signature and call or chat with me...

Best Regards...

Thanks. If the mesh is removed does it mean the catalyst must be replaced immediatel
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:32am On Sep 11, 2021
ibtommy:

Thanks. If the mesh is removed does it mean the catalyst must be replaced immediatel

You can remove the Mesh Immediately and the car would still run on an empty pot...

But However, You would experience an unbearable rate of fuel consumption...

My advice is that you remove the Mesh as soon as Possible and replace it as soon as possible...

Overall, it all boils down to you just removing it and avoid the problems it might end up causing
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2021
We are up for Business... Happy Weekend Everyone...
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Keep the enquiries coming, we'd attend to them as swiftly as Possible
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by MrFinbarr(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
SublimeAutos1:
Keep the enquiries coming, we'd attend to them as swiftly as Possible

Catalyst for 2005 Toyota Camry V6
Bank 1 and 2

How much is it?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
MrFinbarr:

Catalyst for 2005 Toyota Camry V6
Bank 1 and 2

How much is it?

50k can get the job done for You
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by bluediesel03: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
Do you have an outlet in Abuja
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by bluediesel03: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
Replacing it , will it do same work as original catalyst that come with the car and how many years guarantee?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:22am On Sep 12, 2021
bluediesel03:
Do you have an outlet in Abuja

We don't have an outlet in Abuja... But we can make special arrangements for You... Just contact me with the number on my signature...
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:23am On Sep 12, 2021
bluediesel03:
Replacing it , will it do same work as original catalyst that come with the car and how many years guarantee?

It would do the same work as the original Catalyst. The Brand New one can Last for up to 2-3 years while the Tokunbo would last for 5-6 years on Average...
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2021
Happy Sunday People. Sublime Autos wishes you a great week Ahead... cool cool cool cool
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2021
It's Monday, The Beginning of a bright new Week... We are open for Business
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Catalytic converter does little to fuel economy. It's all in the mind. Your car may sound quieter but don't expect a major improvement in fuel economy. If your car is really consuming fuel, don't put all your hopes on the Cat. There are lots of other reasons why your car may be consuming fuel.

4 Likes

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by almsofgold: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Catalytic converter does little to fuel economy. It's all in the mind. Your car may sound quieter but don't expect a major improvement in fuel economy. If your car is really consuming fuel, don't put all your hopes on the Cat. There are lots of other reasons why your car may be consuming fuel.
it affects fuel consumption a lot. It was after I plugged mine that I had peace of mind. Was doing 45 miles on ten litres before plugging, but got 77 miles after plugging. Stop misleading peeps

3 Likes

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
almsofgold:
it affects fuel consumption a lot. It was after I plugged mine that I had peace of mind. Was doing 45 miles on ten litres before plugging, but got 77 miles after plugging. Stop misleading peeps
Look at this man. Lol
Catalytic converters reduce emissions but do not reduce fuel consumption. Your mind is playing tricks on you oga! Or maybe it's your car that's playing tricks on you!
Catalytic converters use reduction and oxidation (redox) reactions to reduce harmful emissions. ... It helps reduce hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO).
The only thing your cat will do is reduce emissions and make your car quieter. Even the little fuel improvement you may notice is due to your O2 sensor warning being off so if after using cat and your O2 sensor warning is still on, you may not notice any improvements.
Meanwhile, you may notice bad fuel economy if your catalytic converter is bad, this is due to the fact that your catalytic converter could become clogged over time, filled with debris and rust, and exhaust will become trapped in your car's engine.

7 Likes

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
You can contact us via our contact on our signature...
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2021
Open for Business Today. Our Contact is on the signature
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
We Here
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by olumzzz(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Look at this man. Lol
Catalytic converters reduce emissions but do not reduce fuel consumption. Your mind is playing tricks on you oga! Or maybe it's your car that's playing tricks on you!
Catalytic converters use reduction and oxidation (redox) reactions to reduce harmful emissions. ... It helps reduce hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO).
The only thing your cat will do is reduce emissions and make your car quieter. Even the little fuel improvement you may notice is due to your O2 sensor warning being off so if after using cat and your O2 sensor warning is still on, you may not notice any improvements.
Meanwhile, you may notice bad fuel economy if your catalytic converter is bad, this is due to the fact that your catalytic converter could become clogged over time, filled with debris and rust, and exhaust will become trapped in your car's engine.
Thank you o. Absence of the cat is not significant. It's a clogged cat that brings wahala

1 Like

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by myhero: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Infiniti fx35 2006 catalyst stolen. How much?? Reply asap
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
myhero:
Infiniti fx35 2006 catalyst stolen. How much?? Reply asap

How Many Pots was stolen?

Send me a message on WhatsApp
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by OgaKazeem(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2021
almsofgold:
which car is this pls?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good Morning. We are open for Business Today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nwanneni's Road To Recovery / Where Can I Get A 2009 Honda City? / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.