Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Advice Needed - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (47149 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed by IzRayl: 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Aunty ex-men... I will be frank to you... I can bet that you're husband isn't cheating rather you're just looking for a way to go back to you're ex and that's the truth and you know that... And what makes you think you ex will be the prince charming.. ND his even a divorcee someone who couldn't make his own marriage work is who you wanna seek advice from..... grin grin grin ....... Well that's why I won't advise anyone to get married
Zuchey91:
I need matured inputs please.

I am a married woman, with a child.

My Marriage has been really rocky. Quarrels every now and then.

What basically causes the problems is our differences, we just don’t understand each other, it wasn’t so visible during dating.

Although we did not date for long....but being married, it has been from one issue to the other, right from a week after our wedding.

I have always contemplated leaving, but I am yet to be fully independent.

Sometime this year, I found out he has been cheating (I was not surprised, but I was heart-broken) my discovery strengthened my resolve to leave the union.

In the process of nursing my heartbreak, I reconnected with an ex, we got talking and he helped my heal. I did not tell him what I was going through at the time...I was just enjoying the attention he was showing me.

I should state that I did not tell my husband about his cheating, I held all the emotions back, it was a very difficult period for me because I am usually the outspoken type.

My ex is not based in the country where me and my husband reside, we just communicate on phone, he says he misses me and would want us to meet when he is in town.

I should also state that my ex was married but divorced.

I would not deny my having feelings for my ex, and I also do not want to believe in a fairytale ending, I am just confused.
Re: Advice Needed by Ehimen4God(m): 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
First off you must understand that two wrongs don’t make right

Secondly, you must understand in the first 3 to 5years is your discovery year, what are you discovering
1. Your differences: this is not what you can change, you’re not discovering to change the person, but to figure how best to live with the person, if your spouse wants to change it will be based on his decision, this doesn’t include character flaws like cheating, lying and flirting, don’t say this is how you’re so go about lying and cheating, no no no please, I mean things like I like my room lights on while sleeping, I love playing video games, I want my bed made up immediately we wake up kinda stuffs, this can really course husband and wife to fight �

You need to confront him, and talk to him about it, learn to have conversations with him without fighting, respect his opinion you mustn’t agree but know his the head of the home as long as his decisions are godly given two options always drop yours make him feel like a king and watch him treat like a queen you’re. Don’t challenge him but respectfully disagree. You’re there for the wrong motives change your motive, you can’t be there because you’re not independent yet, that’s a terrible mindset, you think your ex will be different when you marry him, he already had a broken marriage, he wants to add you to that least and he certainly doesn’t love you but probably using you to heal from his brokenness, you thinking you’re healing no you’re not my dear you’re only covering a wound, you must confront your husband respectfully, win his heart again if you want to leave, please do as long as you’re sure he cheated. Mind you,
You’re already cheating waiting for the day the real action will take place so you’re as guilty as him...

I don’t know you nor your husband, the Devil you know is better, most marriage face the most difficult times during the first 3 to 5years don’t be deceived, find out who your husband is learn to love, don’t be selfish, engage him more, drop your own needs, nobody will tell a man about his wife’s need, you will be shocked what he will start doing for you, those things you’re fighting for he will give them and more to you, go about them like a queen you’re not a nag or tiger, I’m not saying you’re one. It’s not easy don’t let your issue degenerate to violence cos finding healing from your ex is toxic and dangerous to you, nothing good will come out of it. You will only live in regret. Avoid this now build your home. Cherish your husband, you don’t want to be divorced my dear

Cheers �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by chatinent: 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
Chinny024:
Show him evidence and pack your bags..Next he will be on Anti retroviral drugs secretly without disclosing his HIV status to you...
I can tell you vividly that @least 40% of Nigerian women are battling with one STI/STDs or the other. funny enough they tag it toilet infection..

This is your advice after reading everything? Attacking the man?
Re: Advice Needed by OyigboUpdate: 12:00am On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:

If you have evidence your husband is cheating and cannot remain in the relationship, you leave. If you are not leaving, you are still married to him! At least, I believe the only grounds for divorce is adultery.

Can two wrongs make one right?

Your reconnecting with an ex is a payback, yeah?

What if everything was a mirage and the end brings you this dropped eyeballs that your husband wasn't cheating actually? Can you unscrew the screwed? Or you wanted a reason to cling to to return to the arms of this new 2face?

Why condole cheating if that's the case?

If you cannot accept it, you leave the union. That's the only ground morally acceptable to regroup with your new 2face.

I doubt you have feelings for 2face...it's this new attention he's giving you when you so need it that's translating to emotions, pills, and feelings.

Hanty, I will not mince words.

You are afraid of your tendency to meet your ex and ...history history...yeah?

What is the assurance your ex would make a good husband? If he would, you wouldn't have left him!

You are still a married woman whether or not you accept it!

How do you manage an ex who knows you are married but wants to screw you! Doesn't it ring the bell to you he only misses your body?

Wetin dey happen for this world sef.

Abi is it only my brain that has no downtime?

your advice made sense until you said adultery is the only ground for cheating. Probably you're a christian and you're that type that will encourage a very abusive marriage because it is not adultery
Re: Advice Needed by christabell18(f): 12:06am On Sep 11, 2021
You're a very stupid woman...does two wrong make a right? Why do women with shallow brains get married on time while the wise ones are still unmarried.This life no balance

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by chatinent: 12:07am On Sep 11, 2021
OyigboUpdate:

your advice made sense until you said adultery is the only ground for cheating. Probably you're a christian and you're that type that will encourage a very abusive marriage because it is not adultery

Stop being controversial.

It's doesn't befit your gentlemanliness.
Re: Advice Needed by berrystunn(m): 12:09am On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
How do you conclude that it is the devil that will take her out of the marriage? undecided

How did she conclude that the husband is cheating? ....

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by MrFly(m): 1:11am On Sep 11, 2021
Reconnecting with an ex who is divorced is now better than a husband who cheated. From frying pan to fire
Re: Advice Needed by Gfskw: 1:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Oh
Re: Advice Needed by Burgerlomo: 1:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Frales6:
Instead of you to go carry belle from your ex go give your husband, it's better both of you go your separate ways. Then you can go to your ex. No need to chook your head for wetin no dey work. Two good things sometimes don't go together.

Re: Advice Needed by dheolexaone(f): 2:58am On Sep 11, 2021
Dearest woman, if you break your heart in multiple pieces because of a man's plight to the journey of infidelity, you are only breaking yourself.
It takes the Grace of God to see men that are 10% that abstain from such as men are polygamous in nature.

Even ur ex ur running to is the same.
We are in an insane community that believes that when men cheat, they can be praised but when women does that in marriage, she can be stoned to death.

Free yourself, do what is best for your happiness either to leave or live this ...ship cuz the next ship won't be different.

Use ur head

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Makanaki127: 3:03am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

3 years plus.
Ashawo day your eye
Re: Advice Needed by Divaco(m): 3:19am On Sep 11, 2021
Since you've decided going back to your x what happens if he cheats on you. I think is because you have in mind to cheat that why the very first thing you think of how to go back to your x. Abeg change so that you can repent thank you.
Re: Advice Needed by Caseless: 3:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

What basically causes the problems is our differences, we just don’t understand each other, it wasn’t so visible during dating.

Although we did not date for long....but being married, it has been from one issue to the other, right from a week after our wedding.

Sometime this year, I found out he has been cheating (I was not surprised, but I was heart-broken) my discovery strengthened my resolve to leave the union.

In the process of nursing my heartbreak, I reconnected with an ex, we got talking and he helped my heal. I did not tell him what I was going through at the time...I was just enjoying the attention he was showing me.

I should state that I did not tell my husband about his cheating, I held all the emotions back, it was a very difficult period for me because I am usually the outspoken type.

My ex is not based in the country where me and my husband reside, we just communicate on phone, he says he misses me and would want us to meet when he is in town.

I would not deny my having feelings for my ex, and I also do not want to believe in a fairytale ending, I am just confused.

You've succeeded in demonizing your husband, but you won't tell us the emotional abuse and psychological trauma you put him through. You verbally abuse him, you don't mention that. You women always blame the men without talking about your own contributions that led them to other girls outside or treating you the way they're doing.
Re: Advice Needed by Caseless: 3:26am On Sep 11, 2021
Divaco:
Since you've decided going back to your x what happens if he cheats on you. I think is because you have in mind to cheat that why the very first thing you think of how to go back to your x. Abeg change so that you can repent thank you.
How are we sure the baby she's carrying is her husband's?

@zuchey91,answer this question.
Re: Advice Needed by DMerciful(m): 3:38am On Sep 11, 2021
God bless you for your wisdom. Some married women underestimate the importance of good frequent sex to their husbands until the men seeks it outside.
Bola146:
shocked madam deep inside you, you know what is right for you expect you are just deceiving yourself. Why not ask yourself the questions why your husband is cheating and fighting always? Some men need attention and real sex which many married women take for granted. Your ex you knew then might not be the man you know today. If your husband is a responsible man ( financially, caring and physically) please think twice, don't regret when lust ruin you, don't just conclude about leaving, what if your ex didn't show up? Find a way to ask him what really went wrong. But If your husband is the opposite of a good man, please still think twice before you marry your ex. I wish you best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Kdon2: 4:07am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

You don't love him. You are just looking for excuse to leave all the while. That is the gospel truth
Re: Advice Needed by Raph3177(m): 4:16am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

Fool your ex just need someone to Bleep when he comes back into the country. When me and my colleagues were in the U.K. we always connect ahead of time with ladies we want to Bleep before landing in Nigeria to make everything easy. Face your marriage sort your issues or get a marriage councillor fix your marriage or walk away before opening that your Hot wet Pussy that have always craved fucking someone else to your mad ex. To add if that your ex is a normal and decent person he won’t be talking so emotionally to his married ex he will try to help u fix your marriage by advising u on what to do instead of getting u vulnerable bitch to fall in love with him to fulfil is selfish desires. Get yourself together woman u are not in love u are just vulnerable at the moment.
Re: Advice Needed by bellotaofeek: 4:54am On Sep 11, 2021
Why can't you clear your mind and tell him he cheats ... Resolve the differences and stay. Once you leave. U may not have the chance of getting married again. Alot of single mothers everywhere. Do not join the league
Re: Advice Needed by Immorttal: 5:00am On Sep 11, 2021
Kanbe:
Comment deleted.

Another bs story cooked up by the mods to generate traffic.

Nl has gone to dogs cry
bullshit story but it happens, let us discuss it abeg wink
Re: Advice Needed by lonelydora: 5:35am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

You have no business being married. You still think like a child.

Flee from every adultery. Don't pay back with cheating too. The society and culture is always against women who do this irrespective of what the man did.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Ficeo(m): 5:38am On Sep 11, 2021
I am a married man with a son. Women are in charge of their home. Take charge of your marriage. You have what it takes to do that.
Erase the issue of your husband cheated on you etc. Man up! Spice up your relationship with your God given man so that you will have peace and your son will have a future.
As for your ex boyfriend, he just wants a bite once more. Run away from him.
Just bear in mind that there is always a tomorrow.
Re: Advice Needed by ITbomb(m): 5:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

Our upbringing is totally different, he comes from a family where women are supposed to be suffering and still be silent...this I found out after marriage...and I come from a family where women have a say.

I know how it would end if I tell him about it and I am not ready to go down that road. I am tired of the constant quarrels.
I can say I have gotten to my elastic limit and I have no strength of fighting for this union anymore in me.
Having a say is like either you also want to impose your idea on the man or your husband does not even want to give you a listening ear

A senior counsellor said, "if you are not ready to submit to your husband, don't marry". As long as Nigerian men are the ones paying bride price, don't think you can get that American treatment of equality here
Re: Advice Needed by lonelydora: 5:39am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

No, I recently told him about the cheating part.

You are just loading bullets for your ex in his gun. Smh! I think you are part of your problem

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Mryacks: 5:43am On Sep 11, 2021
I hate it when ex's come to interfere in other people's relationship/marriage. Always ends up a disaster and disappointing. Having said that, not judging for reaching out to someone you already know to heal your hurt...but pls don't take too far. That ex just wants to meet up and keep having sex with you. He has bot bothing to loose but you are still married.

Once he gets tired of making out with you he will leave.
Re: Advice Needed by Loverboy3333: 5:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

Getat, ashawo dey ur eye

U think the outside is better, ask those outside they are doing all means to come in even going to babalawo house to tie men down
Re: Advice Needed by DMY411: 6:33am On Sep 11, 2021
Dear friend
Don't get it twisted, ex as the name implies means PAST, don't let your past ruin your home, As long as you are married, cut every ties that can lead to flash back with your ex, otherwise you will have yourself to be blamed, don't discuss your family issue with your ex, cos he will take advantage of the situation and present himself as an angel, give you attention just to strike again and remember truth will show forth one day, instead seat your husband down and settle whatever issues between you guys, nobody should hide from each other.

Best of luck.
Re: Advice Needed by Xantel(f): 7:00am On Sep 11, 2021
Madam, make your marriage work, settle your home and stop looking elsewhere
Re: Advice Needed by FairAdvocate(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2021
You are a stubborn wife, not forgiven and you never appreciate anything from your husband. You are never patient and will never submit yourself to resolve even the smallest issue in ur home. Pls divorce him, that man needs his freedom bcuz you only see him as a slave and nothing more.
You can become a tonto thereafter for all we care.
NOTE: PLS GO FOR YOUR EX 'DAVID' ALREADY.
Re: Advice Needed by edunaragold(f): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2021
First did u catch him red handed ,until u catch him red handed pls don't assume
Re: Advice Needed by Chinny024(f): 7:14am On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:

This is your advice after reading everything? Attaching the man?
We are in hospital. We know what women/men pass through in the hands of adulterous partner.. Many of them despises condom...They dive in naked in every hole they come across... If actually that there is evidence, then she should leave.. Even the bible supports that..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / “My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.