Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Advice Needed - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (47154 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed by Thegoodone13(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
If you still value your marriage, stop contact your ex. If your husband find out that you are cheating on him, that is the end of your marriage. Your ex can never marry you. He just want to sleep with you and drop you again.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Spider20: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nigerian ladies are dangerous, very very dangerous..........................
Re: Advice Needed by flokii: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
@OP Sad as it may sound.. the man always get the upper hand after a divorce or messy breakup. He is the breadwinner and can fend for himself and the kids if he chooses to but most times the women end up miserable, bitter and helpless. Nedu Wazobia's ex-wife is a typical example who started blackmailing the guy when feeding and housing became a big problem. I'm sure the guy that impregnated her while she was married to Nedu no longer picks her calls.

My point here is.. think well before you make your move. That ex might just want your body and nothing more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by braine(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Women that now think they are woke and must have a say, I stay far away from them.

Let your man lead, respect him. If you dont agree, state it subtly. If he disagrees, just watch him and let him Bleep up by himself, he will calm down. Having to argue about everything is what causes issues in every relationship.

Men should look at these things before taking any "woke" woman as wife. Its crazy out there.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by girlygirlyMain: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Do not commit adultery. Pray for your marriage. Ask God to help you in the matter.
Divorce is not the best thing

Zuchey91:
I need matured inputs please.

I am a married woman, with a child.

My Marriage has been really rocky. Quarrels every now and then.

What basically causes the problems is our differences, we just don’t understand each other, it wasn’t so visible during dating.

Although we did not date for long....but being married, it has been from one issue to the other, right from a week after our wedding.

I have always contemplated leaving, but I am yet to be fully independent.

Sometime this year, I found out he has been cheating (I was not surprised, but I was heart-broken) my discovery strengthened my resolve to leave the union.

In the process of nursing my heartbreak, I reconnected with an ex, we got talking and he helped my heal. I did not tell him what I was going through at the time...I was just enjoying the attention he was showing me.

I should state that I did not tell my husband about his cheating, I held all the emotions back, it was a very difficult period for me because I am usually the outspoken type.

My ex is not based in the country where me and my husband reside, we just communicate on phone, he says he misses me and would want us to meet when he is in town.

I should also state that my ex was married but divorced.

I would not deny my having feelings for my ex, and I also do not want to believe in a fairytale ending, I am just confused.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Bayaar02(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:

If you have evidence your husband is cheating and cannot remain in the relationship, you leave. If you are not leaving, you are still married to him! At least, I believe the only grounds for divorce is adultery.

Can two wrongs make one right?

Your reconnecting with an ex is a payback, yeah?

What if everything was a mirage and the end brings you this dropped eyeballs that your husband wasn't cheating actually? Can you unscrew the screwed? Or you wanted a reason to cling to to return to the arms of this new 2face?

Why condole cheating if that's the case?

If you cannot accept it, you leave the union. That's the only ground morally acceptable to regroup with your new 2face.

I doubt you have feelings for 2face...it's this new attention he's giving you when you so need it that's translating to emotions, pills, and feelings.

Hanty, I will not mince words.

You are afraid of your tendency to meet your ex and ...history history...yeah?

What is the assurance your ex would make a good husband? If he would, you wouldn't have left him!

You are still a married woman whether or not you accept it!

How do you manage an ex who knows you are married but wants to screw you! Doesn't it ring the bell to you he only misses your body?

Wetin dey happen for this world sef.

Abi is it only my brain that has no downtime?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed by Jaycee07(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Madam

The sad truth is that we haven’t heard from your husband.
My wife once asked me what will happen if she goes out to cheat with another man.
I simply told her that what happens to cheat will happen to her. I burst my ass in America providing all the basic comforts of life for her, her family and our twin boys, and all that she cares about is how to cheat. Whether she’s been cheating or not is a different story.
Could it also be that your hubby is physical exhausted while trying to cater for life’s necessities?
Seek to comfort him and assure him that he’s loved.
That might be all you need to win him over.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by ginggerxy: 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

3 years plus.
you never loved the guy you married , you married him for financial security . Just know your ex will never marry you, he just want to have somebody to Bleep when ever he is the country and I'm sure you're available . Stop challenging the man that pays your bill ma'am .

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by phazotron(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:

If you have evidence your husband is cheating and cannot remain in the relationship, you leave. If you are not leaving, you are still married to him! At least, I believe the only grounds for divorce is adultery.

What if everything was a mirage and the end brings you this dropped eyeballs that your husband wasn't cheating actually? Can you unscrew the screwed? Or you wanted a reason to cling to to return to the arms of this new 2face?

If you cannot accept it, you leave the union. That's the only ground morally acceptable to regroup with your new 2face.

I doubt you have feelings for 2face...it's this new attention he's giving you when you so need it that's translating to emotions, pills, and feelings.

What is the assurance your ex would make a good husband? If he would, you wouldn't have left him!

How do you manage an ex who knows you are married but wants to screw you! Doesn't it ring the bell to you he only misses your body?

People are irredeemably stupid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by JovialJune(f): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
How can you just stay, knowing your horseband is cheating, and you didn't confront him about it? Has he not been making love to you? Don't you feel irritated knowing he's using that same diick with someone outside? Hian

Madam, confront him abeg, his reaction will make you know the next step forward, and forget that your ex, even if you eventually divorce your cheat of a horse band start with someone new.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Ohizman73(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Then why did you not marry ur ex.......stop deceiving urself you probably fell for ur husband because of quick money.dont marry for money,it is far cheaper to borrow as they say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by NuCypher: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:

See stupid comment. Some of una go just dey open mouth dey talk anyhow. Like say if una dey the same situation una no go do worse. That's if una no dey do worse already sef.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by edunaragold(f): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Two wrong can't make no right or diff,talk to him about his cheating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by Damaski: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hmmmn. You already have a child with the skirts lover, sit him down or get a close friend of his and talk sense into his brain. My husband cheated on me, I will cheat, my sister Ashawo dey your eyes.
Do you know where you are going My this and that, why he didn't marry initially. Good day!

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by AutoChick4U(f): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

No, I recently told him about the cheating part.
If your husband is willing to work things out. Kindly do so. Everyone got their differences but wisdom is really important when it comes to dealing with issues. Simply be his peace, the stuffs you'd normally complain about, be quiet. You'll see how it goes. Pls cut off from your ex abeg, if he was all that, y didnt he marry you? Abegi

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bola146:
shocked madam deep inside you, you know what is right for you expect you are just deceiving yourself. Why not ask yourself the questions why your husband is cheating and fighting always? Some men need attention and real sex which many married women take for granted. Your ex you knew then might not be the man you know today. If your husband is a responsible man ( financially, caring and physically) please think twice, don't regret when lust ruin you, don't just conclude about leaving, what if your ex didn't show up? Find a way to ask him what really went wrong. But If your husband is the opposite of a good man, please still think twice before you marry your ex. I wish you best of luck!
You nailed it. They still don't know the meaning of Lust and love.. Until then...

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by AutoChick4U(f): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Damaski:
Hmmmn. You already have a child with the skirts lover, sit him down or get a close friend of his and talk sense into his brain. My husband cheated on me, I will cheat, my sister Ashawo dey your eyes.
Do you know where you are going My this and that, why he didn't marry initially. Good day!
For all we know the op probably nagged him into another woman's arms.
Re: Advice Needed by authority2006(m): 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

Our upbringing is totally different, he comes from a family where women are supposed to be suffering and still be silent...this I found out after marriage...and I come from a family where women have a say.

I know how it would end if I tell him about it and I am not ready to go down that road. I am tired of the constant quarrels.
I can say I have gotten to my elastic limit and I have no strength of fighting for this union anymore in me.

This statement is heavily pregnant, may be you are the cause of problems in your marriage. You sounded like you don't respect him or like you are fond of challenging his authority.

AutoChick4U:
For all we know the op probably nagged him into another woman's arms.

Wow! Like we copied each other.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by blaise26abj(m): 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
One thing I always say is if you are tired of a marriage and you want to leave . LEAVE . Don’t be apologetic or remorseful about it . Even if you are unemployed , you will be fine las las .
Most important, don’t have sex with anyone until you are fully legally divorced . Some married couples have issues , separate , start divorce proceedings and start sleeping with other people . For me that is ADULTERY EXPRESS . People need to stop it .

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by JennyOfOldstones(f): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
[
quote author=Zuchey91 post=105683691]

I should state that I did not tell my husband about his cheatI held all the emotions back, it was a very difficult period for me because I am usually the outspoken type.

1) This is your first problem, the first step to healing from the hurt caused by someone else is confrontation. You already know he cheated and you're not confronting him to confirm a suspicion of cheating so what else are you afraid of?

2) If you want to leave him, what arrangements have you made to gain financial independence. I hope you're not thinking of running to your ex and then depending on him because he's abroad

3) Whatever you feel you have going on with your Ex will only end in a lot of tears for you , are you trying to spite your husband because he cheated on you? Even if you end things with your husband and take up with your ex, he'll never respect you or trust you because you failed to set the boundaries you're supposed to as a married woman. He'll always hold that against you

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by copyrites: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

You're a user.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Black052(m): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well like many have said here I believe deeoin your heart you have made your mind up, on getting out, but before you do ask yoyrself some questions, why do u fight all the time or is your husband also a fighter bse u have given the impression he is a cheat, the marraige is young 3 years from what you said, have you sat down to think the trauma for your child growing to call another man daddy that's if u get custody, u said u are not fully independent meaning if u were u probably won't even be asking for solutions here, try to work on it to the best of your ability dint just give up bse of the flame of an ec, u refuse to marry when u both were single

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by McOluOmo: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

What basically causes the problems is our differences, we just don’t understand each other, it wasn’t so visible during dating.

Although we did not date for long....but being married, it has been from one issue to the other, right from a week after our wedding.

Sometime this year, I found out he has been cheating (I was not surprised, but I was heart-broken) my discovery strengthened my resolve to leave the union.

In the process of nursing my heartbreak, I reconnected with an ex, we got talking and he helped my heal. I did not tell him what I was going through at the time...I was just enjoying the attention he was showing me.

I should state that I did not tell my husband about his cheating, I held all the emotions back, it was a very difficult period for me because I am usually the outspoken type.

My ex is not based in the country where me and my husband reside, we just communicate on phone, he says he misses me and would want us to meet when he is in town.

I would not deny my having feelings for my ex, and I also do not want to believe in a fairytale ending, I am just confused.
Take heart ma'am, marriage isn't an easy institution, is either u'r in or out

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Rocmancave: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

Hi, first off I hope you know how to sift through the rubbles and gems in all of these responses. A lot of them come from a place of all knowingness or rigid subjugation and the rest are just yammerings

Secondly I’d say from your post that you defiantly ignored the red flags while you were dating. You flouted the number one rule in selecting a permanent, peace enabling partner so you shouldn’t be so surprised you’re here. That said, you have to walk through this shadows of death ( not literally, but I guess you understand what I mean vis as vis the emotional torture, and constant bickering ) . The only way out I’d to go through it, no short cuts. Use all options to try to correct things and if they don’t work plan for a future that works for you.

Thirdly, no one has monopoly of cheating. Everyone does it. The crazy thing with it is that with females it’s always deeper cos it’s always like you guys cheat with a possible replacement. But you won’t find a good replacement while you’re still in your current ship. Whoever is giving you the support you need right now would only end up being a crouch. It’s a psychological thing

You’re a grown human, be objective about your problems, deal with them or plan for the next phase of your life
Re: Advice Needed by Tremple8v: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Because of headache, You cut head commot . Abi
Re: Advice Needed by Omik1: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:

They should find ways to put how many times someone can like a comment. Maybe like 100 times�. Because one like is not enough for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by Champneys: 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

Ok.
Re: Advice Needed by Hassanmaye(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:

Lol that was any girl above 20I will never marry her, any girl with an ex is a no no
Re: Advice Needed by jesustheissue: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
What sort of marriage is this? You discover your husband is cheating and decide not to mention or bring it up with him. Next, you seek out 1 of your exes for emotional support. Haba, where do you think that would end up especially as you say he is now a free agent, conveniently divorced and 'away'.
It's obvious you and your husband went through minimal or no marriage counseling, it's also clear that God did not feature much in your link-up or day to day life. I humbly suggest you go back to both so you can move ahead. Making vows to live together for better for worse before God and men should no longer be trivialised!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Emmaxmusic(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Many advice has been dished out to you it could have been better if you don't put your ex in this matter because you will start comparing your hubby and the ex why is he your ex
Why is he divorced .
Danger ahead
For your live band service contact emmax

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by sofiscatedmoron: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

Leaving a man because he cheats is a foolish act,
You want to go and meet ur ex, so u think ur ex won't cheat too?
U need to rethink ,
U need advice from experienced old mothers

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by uthlaw: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zuchey91:

Leave the marriage and go marry your ex.....no long story!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / “My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.